England (321/8) defeat India (316/9) by 5 runs to win the 3rd ODI

Man Kedar Jadhav is so cool under pressure. Imaging Imad Wasim in this situation or Babar Azam :))

Its always better to atleast rotate if u can't win it,sad ending.

England win by 5 runs brilliant from Woakes and terrible from Jhadav 6 from 4 and losing it is absolutely unacceptable!

Just pathetic from jadhav, loosing a match from the jaws of victory. Waste of 3 hrs

If they can't chase this down under lights in Eden they should just pack their bags and go home. As easy an opportunity as anyone can get. If pak would have been batting here, they would have also won, tells you it is that simple.

Lol. Did you even watch the match?

Congrats to English fans/team on finally opening an account! we did well to reach here from 175-5 but getting this close and bottling it is not good!

Really heart breaking for Jadhav but really like the way the team is shaping up. Suddenly more and more clutch players out of nobodies.

Just need to fix the openers before the CT. :kohli

Horrendous chase by Us, Eden's evil history in chases for us continues, Congratulations England, feeling ashamed after this match,how could we lose such a match

Nothing to be "ashamed about". That they took it this far after losing Dhoni and the others early is commendable.

Really heart breaking for Jadhav but really like the way the team is shaping up. Suddenly more and more clutch players out of nobodies.

Just need to fix the openers before the CT. :kohli
In every single match top order did nothing. They are useless.

Tactically he lost it there. He could have safely done 3 singles until last ball.

Yup he did,if he is mentally strong he would learn from this like Stokes did(bowled well today) if not he would sulk and we would lose a decent ODI bat.

With 4 ball six runs required kedar should have tried to take singles or doubles only rather than glory shots.Something to learn for him

Jaddu once again proved he is a useless batsman. Can never expect him to finish off the match for india. It all started with him as a batsman in the T20 world cup.

The only reason I questioned Bangar because it's Rahane we are talking about. He is a talented, hard working lad so we can be pretty sure that lack of trying or his capability isn't the issue here.

I am aware of Bangar's stint with Punjab but let's be honest here, he wouldnt have been changing the techniques of players in a T20 tournament. And it was Shastri who brought Bangar, nothing works without Sifarish in India.

He might have helped Ashwin with his batting but then it shouldn't hide his failure to sort Rahane's technical deficiencies.

I am not dissing Bangar because he wasn't a great batsman but solely because two years is a long time to identify and correct any technical inadequacy.

Rahane's inability to rotate strike or play faster is a more deep rooted issue mate.

Dravid had nearly 15 years to get good at striking fast in LOI but couldn't.

Of course, he was a good ODI batsman for his time but he would have had the same problems as Rahane in modern era. Would have averaged better than Rahane though.

Great inning by Jadhav and Pandya, but it just shows that to be great finishers you need to be at a different level.

Allowing Moeen 41 runs from 8 overs is another blunder,I think I 'll give the T20s a skip, things not looking good

With 4 ball six runs required kedar should have tried to take singles or doubles only rather than glory shots.Something to learn for him

That's EXACTLY why we lost imo.

He wasted 2 balls trying to do that. If he had tried to go for it, his mind would have been clear and he would hit a ball for six or chipped it properly for 4.

Tactically he lost it there. He could have safely done 3 singles until last ball.

Kinda tough to bank on that tactic with no. 10 (not having faced a single ball) at the the other end. Lets just accept that Woakes got it together after a couple of balls. Tough luck for Jadhav, probably the only place to fault him is that had he left that ball it might have been called wide.

Amazing game... Congrats England. Deserved at least one win. Fighting contest....

That's EXACTLY why we lost imo.

He wasted 2 balls trying to do that. If he had tried to go for it, his mind would have been clear and he would hit a ball for six or chipped it properly for 4.

Dhoni would have never lost it from such situation.He is master of such tricky situations.

No bottling it out when 6 from 4 was needed is absolutely shameful!

It's all a matter of perspective. Wasn't 16 in the last over difficult in the first place? The bowler will also have his day someday!

And don't forget its a 6 of 4 with 1 wicket left. That's not quite the same.

Kinda tough to bank on that tactic with no. 10 (not having faced a single ball) at the the other end. Lets just accept that Woakes got it together after a couple of balls. Tough luck for Jadhav, probably the only place to fault him is that had he left that ball it might have been called wide.

6 in 4 can be done in so many ways. Yes it is a gamble that he should have considered.

Dhoni would have never lost it from such situation.He is master of such tricky situations.

That is true but I don't remember the last time Dhoni brought us this close from 175-5,it was a good effort for him but he needs to learn,did it in couple of overs before as well.
[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] Jhadav did the 90(75) Dhoniesque knock but sadly couldn't close it.

Man this Jadhav guy is really something, he has been all over the scorecards for India in recent times.

I haven't seen him play, I don't even know what he looks like but I'm turning into a fan, as long as you guys continue to not play us :afridi

Kedar is a positive from this series. Well played old(cricketers world) man!!

It's all a matter of perspective. Wasn't 16 in the last over difficult in the first place? The bowler will also have his day someday!

And don't forget its a 6 of 4 with 1 wicket left. That's not quite the same.

2 wickets actually,if 1 i can understand his tactics it was 2 wickets.

Well done Stokes and Woakes with bat and ball, getting England this dead-rubber win.

Didn't see the gift unless u r talking about last 4 balls,it was very good effort till then,not sure what u on about.

If you can't score 65 in 7 overs with 5 wickets in hand in conditions where the ball is coming nicely into the bat then it is gifting the match away, the equation got unnecessarily close towards the end. This is bungling of the highest order only thing i can compare to at the top of my head is the Bangladeshi faux pas against us in the world t20.

No one like Dhoni in such situations.

But in T20Is, he has screwed up in such situations many a times.

Jadhav took a pretty much lost game and brought it up nearly to the end.

England really deserved to win a game after the last 2 matches.

Also, people comparing Dhoni's finishing ability (over 10 years) with a guy who has just about cemented his place in the team? Lol

That is true but I don't remember the last time Dhoni brought us this close from 175-5,it was a good effort for him but he needs to learn,did it in couple of overs before as well.
[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] Jhadav did the 90(75) Dhoniesque knock but sadly couldn't close it.

Yeah even in last over he would have delayed shots to 4th ball of the over.

If you can't score 65 in 7 overs with 5 wickets in hand in conditions where the ball is coming nicely into the bat then it is gifting the match away, the equation got unnecessarily close towards the end. This is bungling of the highest order only thing i can compare to at the top of my head is the Bangladeshi faux pas against us in the world t20.

Mate the ball was doing a lot early on ,and 65 in 7 with 5 wickets remaining and 2 almost new guys playing,surely that is not a joke except for last 4 balls its a very good effort.

Regardless of jadhav "shot to glory" tactics. I blame [MENTION=142783]Pollack[/MENTION] for his ultimate jinx on jadhav. :45:

He has lost it from similar situations, trying to take ball till last over recently. People only remember the wins, not losses

2 wickets actually,if 1 i can understand his tactics it was 2 wickets.

Yes agreed, both absolute tail enders though. I think the error was in showing no confidence in the bowlers to even take singles. They would have still had a shot at perhaps tying the game than him going for it all himself.

Man this Jadhav guy is really something, he has been all over the scorecards for India in recent times.

I haven't seen him play, I don't even know what he looks like but I'm turning into a fan, as long as you guys continue to not play us :afridi

I think he has invented a new style of ODI batting.

You should check him out.

Doesn't score much in the V.

All about dabs, cuts, leg glances, roll over wrists to send back of length deliveries to third man boundary on either side.

This allows him to maintain 100-120 SR effortlessly no matter what the situation. The ball was moving around today and he played this knock.

6 in 4 can be done in so many ways. Yes it is a gamble that he should have considered.

Fair point, but that's the thing right, one would assume that in the moment you go with the option that you're most comfortable with, seemed like this was the option he was most comfortable with. Like the saying goes...you live & learn....hopefully he would have. He's certainly making all the right noises - based on his comments in Pune...

Also, there is one thing to consider, he started the over looking at 16 of 6 so he would be looking at the over in a specific frame of mind, it's not the easiest thing to drop gears like that - I know that the top finishers can do it with ease, guess it's something he can look to work on..

England really deserved to win a game after the last 2 matches.

Also, people comparing Dhoni's finishing ability (over 10 years) with a guy who has just about cemented his place in the team? Lol
No no not at all comparing.Just saying he could have done it sensibly after doing the hard work.He himself would be terribly disappointed. I also said he would learn gradually.

I dont think Dhoni has ever scored 16 of the last over and won so I dunno what people are talking about

I loved Nasser's pleading for mercy after boundaries in last over oh god no! . :)))

He has lost it from similar situations, trying to take ball till last over recently. People only remember the wins, not losses

Yes I had thought that gain and accepted that.See my later post.I said he would have waited for 4th ball to play attacking shots in last over.

I think he has invented a new style of ODI batting.

You should check him out.

Doesn't score much in the V.

All about dabs, cuts, leg glances, roll over wrists to send back of length deliveries to third man boundary on either side.

This allows him to maintain 100-120 SR effortlessly no matter what the situation. The ball was moving around today and he played this knock.

Ok if that's how he plays then he can be successful on flat subcontinent pitches but might be susceptible of edging it to the slips/keeper on bouncy pitches however there are very few of those remaining in modern day LOIs.

But well done to the guy, I always like people who come through the ranks by sheer hard-work and determination.

Regardless of jadhav "shot to glory" tactics. I blame [MENTION=142783]Pollack[/MENTION] for his ultimate jinx on jadhav. :45:

You are drunk mate.Jadhav played great inspite of jinx.Sign of a great player who can withstand my panauti. :)))

No no not at all comparing.Just saying he could have done it sensibly after doing the hard work.He himself would be terribly disappointed. I also said he would learn gradually.

Agree. Problem with current Dhoni is taking too much time to get settled in (dots!) and if he doesn't go big, his strike rate will be sub-par more often than not. Jadhav is in a better position to carry forward the 'finisher role' in the future but obv winning crunch matches will give him confidence.

Morgan: "Finally (smiles). It's been hard work in the series. This was probably similar to an England wicket"

Yes Morgan u can tweet this to DADA.

I remember in T20s.

vs England in WT20 2009
vs NZ in 2012
vs England in 2014

I don't recollect any in ODIs.

Ok one I remember. Against SA in 2015 ODI.

There was another game in that series where we lost chasing but both Kohli and Dhoni were out much before so that doesn't count.

Any other games?

Curious. Cos I don't remember any as of now

Some really emotion Indian fans here....over the top reaction even if we lose by just 5 runs....this is NOT SHAMEFUL....far from it...shameful would be not showing any fights and roll over easily ...

A year back 150/5 would have been game over by 30 over...two young guys put us in winning position from that...that is a long term gain for sure...

We have found a gun player in Jadhav for LOI...big big gain...

A useful pace bowling allrounder in Pandya

and for a change we have a decent fast bowling lineup for Champions Trophy...

Vintage Yuvi and Dhoni in middle order...experience is GOLD

Overall I am very very happy....the team has made progress......

Good time to be an Indian fan...we win more than we lose and even if we lose, we show fight....

Morgan: "Finally (smiles). It's been hard work in the series. This was probably similar to an England wicket"

Yes Morgan u can tweet this to DADA.

That also means we will do good in england too :))

Ok if that's how he plays then he can be successful on flat subcontinent pitches but might be susceptible of edging it to the slips/keeper on bouncy pitches however there are very few of those remaining in modern day LOIs.

But well done to the guy, I always like people who come through the ranks by sheer hard-work and determination.

Actually, to be fair to Jadhav, this was a pitch with a fair amount of bounce in it. Ask Yuvraj Singh's sore rib! :) Dunno if you got a chance to see any of the games, but he seems to favor the back foot, I have a feeling that bounce won't trouble him, I do think the moving ball might cause him some problems though...

That also means we will do good in england too :))

There won't be dew and it will do a lot more throughout,we need Shami real bad but if Hardik can continue like this it will be very good for us.

Some really emotion Indian fans here....over the top reaction even if we lose by just 5 runs....this is NOT SHAMEFUL....far from it...shameful would be not showing any fights and roll over easily ...

A year back 150/5 would have been game over by 30 over...two young guys put us in winning position from that...that is a long term gain for sure...

We have found a gun player in Jadhav for LOI...big big gain...

A useful pace bowling allrounder in Pandya

and for a change we have a decent fast bowling lineup for Champions Trophy...

Vintage Yuvi and Dhoni in middle order...experience is GOLD

Overall I am very very happy....the team has made progress......

Good time to be an Indian fan...we win more than we lose and even if we lose, we show fight....

I am doubtful of yuvraj and especially dhoni as well in middle order.Jadhav is a fantastic find .Let's see how he does on swinging pitches which wouldnt suit his style of batting.

Back