England v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Cardiff | 8th July, 2021 | Pakistan innings

If Pakistan ends up losing this, it will 100% be more embarrassing than the defeat against Zimbabwe at home last year.

I actually miss watching the likes of Munaf Patel, Praveen Kumar and etc.

There was something very romantic about their medium pace.

yeah. they also get important wickets like Munaf got Hafeez out in a crucial WC semi-final and Kumar was man of match in 2008 VB series final.

Nah bro, economically this wouldve been dumb. The players we are facing are not anything special but issue is our team is always complacent.. these fools probably already though nice free series win.. lmao

Let's be honest, if this had happened in Pakistan, the English contingent would have been half way to the Heathrow in mid air as news of bubble breach breaks in the media. But I understand the financial aspect of it and why Pakistan can't do that.

The English seconds team is a pretty good team in its own right with players like Malan, Saqib, Vince, etc., to support Stokes but don't know how the rest go in LOIs. It won't be a cake walk by any means but still Pakistan should win the series.

saud shakeel looks like hes shaking in his boots needs to calm down and relax a little get bat on ball plenty of time left

On this wicket Srl struggled to get 250 in all 3 matches rather 200 in 2 of them. Eng lost 5 wickets while chasing 189 in the first ODI. Not the usual high scoring surface here one would assume

Show us what you are made of saud Shakeel.It's your chance now.

Same old rubbish from Misbah and co. Don't play young players against weaker opposition but throw them in SENA conditions.

well time to log off.. good luck Pakistan.
But if England wins, well some work to do for Misbah and Co.

People are jumping the gun, there was a bit of help on the wicket and few wickets have gone down. Good chance for saud and maqsood.

yeah. they also get important wickets like Munaf got Hafeez out in a crucial WC semi-final and Kumar was man of match in 2008 VB series final.

Exactly it's why I prefer these bowlers over the current bunch. They show more character and have better methods in their craft.

Watching Ashish Nehra, Agarker and Ganguly bowl was like poetry in motion.

Fakhar is giving too much respect to Gregory.

Impact of loosing early wickets. They want to get a partnership going and keep its safe by only going after bad balls for sometime

Hopefully this won’t backfire but I really want to see Fakhar do well today. It’s always a treat to watch him bat well.

Imagine this team touring SA last series, had they lost 3 wickets like this early there then Danish and Asif would be batting at the crease now lol..Atleast it is Saud and Fakhar with maqsood waiting to come..

This English team has got heavy PSL overseas player vibes about it - Salt, Vince, Gregory, Malan, Mahmood.

Misbah needs to get booted. No appreciation for development or induction at the right time.

Exactly it's why I prefer these bowlers over the current bunch. They show more character and have better methods in their craft.

Watching Ashish Nehra, Agarker and Ganguly bowl was like poetry in motion.

Agarkar could bat too.

average score 243 take into considerations conditions, probably will shower and englands list of debutants, if pak can get to 240 they will win

Boundaries are small with fast outfield....

And Pakistan managed the RR 4+ after 3 early wickets mean... This is good pitch for bat

Saud Shaqeel looks like another accumalator at this level. Too many of these one dimensional batsmen in this set up!

The torture continues. Who the hell trains these guys?

Boundaries are small with fast outfield....

And Pakistan managed the RR 4+ after 3 early wickets mean... This is good pitch for bat

Good batting scores in england usually mean 350-400 . not sure how many glamorgan games you have seen this season or SLvs England games prior to this, but i can assure you this is not a batting pitch.

Seems irrelevant at the moment anyway PAK will be lucky to get 100

Top stuff from Mahmood here. Impressed quite a few in PSL as well.

Not the ideal situation and conditions for Maqsood

Another comical performance from a medicore team. Playing aginst C teams and zimbawe from past 6 months and stull struggling !!!

If Misbah hadnt grabbed 2 roles for himself, hed be out on his ear.

Let's be honest, if this had happened in Pakistan, the English contingent would have been half way to the Heathrow in mid air as news of bubble breach breaks in the media. But I understand the financial aspect of it and why Pakistan can't do that.

The English seconds team is a pretty good team in its own right with players like Malan, Saqib, Vince, etc., to support Stokes but don't know how the rest go in LOIs. It won't be a cake walk by any means but still Pakistan should win the series.

Not looking likw that atm, lets see if pak can get to 270-280. Looking like an L other wise

Saud looks pretty average.

Apart from Babar, all of them are mediocre. I am glad I don't waste so much time on these jokers anymore. Just follow the score at cricinfo when I am worrking or skipping in with some comments here at PP, that's it.

Back