England v Pakistan | 1st Test | Old Trafford, Manchester | 5-9 August, 2020 | Day 1 Thread

Stormfiber. Where ever I go and see. There's only stormfiber. Guess it's about time I jump on that wagon too.

Don’t wanna derail the thread but as someone who had ptcl until a year ago, there’s no comparison

Abid plays with really low hands. Only a matter of time before he snicks off

Not uncommon in international cricket to be honest. I think all players have some natural tendencies, its about how you manage your game around them.

10 overs without loss would be an achievement here.

Abid is really going quite hard at the ball. Neither opener looking very convincing but that's most openers in England, just need to continue surviving.

These two are one of the best ever with the new ball in these conditions

Cut some slack

What the hell is Abid doing? Hanging his bat outside at every ball from Anderson

Not picking the swing of Anderson just like Shan. He tries to play at it and when realizes its going away he tries to withdraw it at the last moment.

Abid is really going quite hard at the ball. Neither opener looking very convincing but that's most openers in England, just need to continue surviving.

Going hard at the ball is understandable for a batsman who plays at a hard bouncy surface at home... i've noticed that with Australians and seen them struggle with deliveries pitched up

Eng bowlers have been on spot from the word go, WI series really helped them to come into rhythm.

Ideal start for Pakistan. But England's attack is relentless so a collapse is always on the cards.

Easy Abid. Just see off the good balls, it wll become easier later on.

Yes Abid 😂. Anyone else see his stare? Followed by a chest pump at the fielder

They are both doing fine.

At Old Trafford usually games become Innings 1 versus Innings 4.

You just need to try to see out the first day. Score 300 and you should win, score 240 and you are in the match.

two legends of the game here, Broad and Anderson, will miss these days once they retire.

Can someone update on the weather please? I was going to take my lunch break just after drinks and before the official lunch so I can watch 45 minutes of play.

Is is likely to rain before Lunch?

Can someone update on the weather please? I was going to take my lunch break just after drinks and before the official lunch so I can watch 45 minutes of play.

Is is likely to rain before Lunch?

Not likely

Just had a look at the lineups. This bowling attack - Abbas, Shaheen, Naseem, Yasir - looks a very juicy prospect in these conditions, atleast on paper. Can we see an upset here?

Good start so far - bit timid but will do

10 overs and not a single appeal from the bowler... Good start under clouds...

10 overs without loss in Eng against Anderson and Broad, every team will take that any day.

Openers have done their job well. Ideally one of them should score 50 plus, they have already brought middle order of Pakistan into play.

PAK openers still trying to rotate strike which is good to see.

This Eng attack is one of the best you will see in home conditions.

Eng have bowled well actually but, at the same time Pak openers have applied themselves decently to survive.

Back