England v South Africa | 1st Test | The Oval | Jul 19-23, 2012 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOSami

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
South Africa have dominated the last two days and will be looking to build a lead as quickly as possible to give themselves time to bowl England out.

Memories of having England nine-down during their last encounter in South Africa will no doubt be at the forefront of their minds.

South Africa resume on 403/2, a lead of 18.

Amla 183*
Kallis 82*

Last edited:
I hope that we'll see De Villiers soon!

He's gonna have a fun time smashing these Poms!

South Africa should bat till tea n extend their lead towards 650ish.

Kallis and Amla should up the tempo and start to scre at 4 runs per over.

SA should attack from here on and declare 5 overs before stumps giving a target of about 350. There bowlers then have a day to try and bowl England out.

Its a draw. English batting line-up isn't over-rated like India. They wont get out that easily...

Sky Sports has a very fine bowling attack:

Holding
Warne
Pollock
Botham

Game is closer than some on here think, first session is crucial.

Yeah if Enlgand take a couple of early wickets we know that SA can collapse.

But Amla and Kallis are looking good.

That's the over.

403-2 after 136. Lead by 18

Tim Bresnan on to bowl to Hashim Amla.

Amla is off the mark first ball. 184*

That delivery has just bounced out of no where.

Nasser reckons Broad is carrying a niggle..

I think both batsman will look for their milestones. a 100 for Kallis & a double for Hashim and then launch, they still have AB to come..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullet Drive you could have put all those in one post. ;-)

No pace from the english bowlers at all. Trundling around 81 mph.

Amla just to good. All Pakistani batsmen should take note how to bat in test matches (apart from Misbah & Azhar)

No crash bang wallop. Just play straight, simple and keep cool!!

While SAs failings as a team are well documented, they are able to consistently churn out world class players, Amla another in a long long line. Reminds me of Aust...oh wait :(

Amla just to good. All Pakistani batsmen should take note how to bat in test matches (apart from Misbah & Azhar)

No crash bang wallop. Just play straight, simple and keep cool!!

If this was Pakistan batting, PP would be shredding them for tuk tuk

Nasser reckons Broad is carrying a niggle..

the same way steyn was carrying it ? lol sky commentators think when a bowler is bowling crap he is injured.
then in that case sami ips perennially injured.

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

Nasser Hussain "Amla has the highest score for a South African at The Oval, well, there are a couple of South Africans playing for England who have high scores, Pietersen and Trott"

Amla 192* - Kallis 86* - both approaching mile stones, who will get there first?

the same way steyn was carrying it ? lol sky commentators think when a bowler is bowling crap he is injured.
then in that case sami ips perennially injured.

He was suggesting that because Broad's average bowling speed has decreased. He might be right.

Woah, who saw Strauss destroy his sun-glasses with a throw. Amazing.

I've noticed during this test match there hasn't been much straight drives for four.

England looking distraught. Bresnan needs to bowl some more bouncers.

I've noticed during this test match there hasn't been much straight drives for four.

There have been many attempts but England have to fielders stopping them and they have stopped many.

English commentators seem to have lost their voice :))

There it is! Amla get's his double. Congrats

That's Amla's second ever double ton, his first came against India. In my view this ones his best test knock so far.

look at the rough on the pitch. Swann has not troubled saffers at all.

If this was Pakistan batting, PP would be shredding them for tuk tuk

That is true, if Misbah, Azhar, Asad would have scored these runs at this pace, most of these ignorant posters would be saying he scored to slow and we didnt win the game etc etc

But when a batsmen from another country scores at this pace and this many runs, then these same ignorant posters want Pakistani batsmen to learn from them.

Shocking!!

Amla has no faced 400 balls, that is almost 67 overs

Kallis on 89* hes scored almost as many runs in this one knock as he did in whole series when he toured last time.

England 80/1 to win this test now. Wonder wether thats worth a £1 bet ;)

Amla must have been watching Azhar Ali videos on how to bat long inns ;)

That is true, if Misbah, Azhar, Asad would have scored these runs at this pace, most of these ignorant posters would be saying he scored to slow and we didnt win the game etc etc

But when a batsmen from another country scores at this pace and this many runs, then these same ignorant posters want Pakistani batsmen to learn from them.

Shocking!!

Calm down brother. As I wrote earlier I don't think those posters would have minded a score of 433-2 in England.

And the tuk tuk many here complain over is in the shorter formats, not in the Tests.

They ARE playing a tad slow now. They've got only two days left, 50 run lead and 8 wickets in hand. Perhaps they should up it a notch..

I read Kallis has a poor record in England. Has he any century there?

It's been a while since somebody hit a double ton against England. Played Amla!

SA have executed their plans better than England.

It helps to have an extraordinary bowler, of course.....

malakian should stop with the airy fairy claims. dismiss saffers less than England's score? atleast make sure they are dismissed.

Why arent the accelerating? Do the Saffers want a draw? They're in a brilliant position right now, make a quick fire 100 or 150 more, then hand England the bat. As I say this Amla hits a 4.

Why arent the accelerating? Do the Saffers want a draw? They're in a brilliant position right now, make a quick fire 100 or 150 more, then hand England the bat. As I say this Amla hits a 4.

Still enough time in the game. And I think we will see a different approach from SA after lunch ( maybe even before that when Kallis get's his ton)

10 overs so far and 45 runs. Not a bad start. Once they get their lead past 150 with Duminy and AB D they can go into T20 mode.

Some 7 overs to go to the second new ball

Kallis playing for hundred

Very busy this weekend but just checked the scorecard and all I can say is - LOL. What an embarrassment. Hopefully even if we don't do a Houdini here then we can come back in the second test.

I think SA should bat another 40 overs and get another 150 ........ that would get them a lead of 250 .

bopara can't bat can't bowl vs good teams. brutally exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back