England v W Indies : 4th Test [Updates]

What an awful and stupid shot by KP to end the day.

England still have collingwood, Bell and Prior to come so West indies need atleast 2 more quick wickets in the morning and try and force a postive result.

Amjid Javed said:
What an awful and stupid shot by KP to end the day.

England still have collingwood, Bell and Prior to come so West indies need atleast 2 more quick wickets in the morning and try and force a postive result.

Do you know where i can find a clip of that shot?

165-6

Eng struggling against the worst Windies side ever.

i would like to see the windies win this test to get their confidence up that they can win without lara

A lead for England could be on the cards. If we lead by 50 or more and some West Indies wickets fall tonite then it could be an exciting run chase finish on day five.

Cauliflower was in his usual clueless mode when the ball was doing a bit before lunch, but its been a fair effort and an important contribution, so what can one say.
The pitch is slow and low, so with a bit of luck he can take us to 300.

This happened a few days back but did anyone hear Nasser accidentally call Sidebottom, Snidebottom. That was so funny.

Saudi said:
This happened a few days back but did anyone hear Nasser accidentally call Sidebottom, Snidebottom. That was so funny.
ya, I heard that one! :))

242/6 - Prior and Collingwood are building a good partnership

Collingwood and Prior still going
Eng 275-6. 12 behing WI total
new ball due in 3 overs

The way the Windies have played since lunch they deserve to lose.

Today typifies their problems, this morning was a real dogfight and at lunch they still had the edge, the way they have almost gifted it away is a disgrace.

That's not to take away credit from Collingwood and Prior who has once again scored valuable runs when under some pressure.

Collingwood with a hundred on his home ground. pulls a noball to four.
Eng has added 121 since lunch (hour and half)
3 fours in the over. 28 runs in last 2 overs

Prior out on 62. ct a deep square leg. Edwards gets a 5fer
Eng 334-7
Harmisson in

Last edited:
on BBC/TMS radio people going after ECB and the money they are making plus deal with Sky that people cannot watch the games without paying. the complaints coming from clubs who don't see any money

England 364-7. a lead of 77 so that probably means WI will be 3 wickets down before the lead is knocked off

Last edited:
England should consider a declaration in the next half hour. We really have a realistic opportunity to win the match from here, whereas the Windies would need a good batting display just to save the match.

Come on Virgil, be brave. Be Australian.

Collymore's figures flatter him profusely. The guy is as bad a bowler as the Windies have, in my opinion. For a line-and-length bowler, he rarely hits the line or the length. On a bowler's pitch he has been utter tripe.

Eng 370-9. England has to declare soon and try get 2-3 wickets tonight. they probably will all out but it might be wasting some time now

Last edited:
37 overs today and 98 overs tomorrow. this can be a exciting finish like Eng chasing 130 in 27 overs

Hey, what if Sidebottom starts hitting random fours and sixes, then the British can declare after he makes a half-century, although Sidebottom is so good, so he'll probably get out, or maybe the other guy will. Who is the non-striker right now?

Even if it is against a depleted Windies side, its amazing to see the grit and fight of the England side. And their a much younger side then the Aussies. I sense a number 1 spot in the rankings in the not too distant future! (Pakistan number 2 of course).

Today, there might be a draw. West Indies need their openers, Gayle and whoever, need to stand for atleast 50 runs or more. And maybe, just maybe, Chanderpaul and Bravo will play pretty good again. And Samuels and Ramdin will make a partnership, and all the tail-enders should add up 30 runs altogether. West Indies need a score of atleast 300+ to win, or draw this Test Match. 300 to atleast draw. 350 to have a chance of winning.

no cahnce of winning for WI. tomorrow is the last day. for a result England has to get WI all out by tea

Players on ground. Ganga who is on a pair not taking the first ball

Commentators got it wrong. Devon Smith opening and not Ganaga.
First ball there was an appeal against Gayle

lol. the comments by the commentators sometimes just have little tiny mistakes in them. like once shoiab malik came in as a sub with yasir hammeed's shirt on, and they even took a close up on the fielder/sub-fielder, and they said it was yasir hammeed. except I dont remember if it was malik or not, but I remember this incident.

This is what it says on Cricinfo.

Matthew Hoggard takes the new ball from the other end ... "I think I'd enjoy Panesar even more if he batted in real life like he seems to be able to bat in Slogout," says Andy Saunders. "I'm pretty sure that his career Slogout batting average for me is over 200." Is this a shameless plug for Cricinfo's spanking new game? It is now.

1.1 Hoggard to Gayle, no run, "super ball," splutters Will Luke. No, it wasn't. Wide and no need for Gayle to do anything

6 runs from one batsmen, Chris Gayle, 0 runs from the striker, Devon Smith*, 1 extra so far bowled by one bowler, Matthew Hoggard, 1 wide!

1.5 Hoggard to Smith, OUT
DS Smith lbw b Hoggard 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

I'm not really watching the game, I'm looking at the score and commentary from Cricinfo.

Devon Smith, once again, fails to make any useful runs. He has only made 4 in the whole match, and on the other end, Gayle has made 34 runs.

Two overs gone so far. And Hoggard has already struck in his first five balls delivered! :O

He must use correct Cricket Opening Tactis. Play with confidence, and don't care what is happening on the other end of the pitch, care about yourself and score runs. Only care about others, when you get out!

Sidebottom with the ball, bowliing well in his second over, and has just given a run.

Ganga might be ready to make some runs and make a good partnership. West Indies goal is to not rely on Shiv now. They must not lose wickets. Only rely on Shiv after you have made a helpful knock. Then Chanderpaul can come out and play, once all of his team is participating. You wanna make a captain and a coach happy, so make them happy, without putting any pressure on them.

Gayle is very tall, and it looks cool when he puts his bat in the air, to make it a dot ball and dodge the ball also.

shahidrazzaq said:
How come nobody is talking with me?

OK I'll talk to you, Windies need to kick Gayle's sorry butt back to Jamaica and leave it there for the foreseeable future, discuss.

What does BBC stand for anyways?
Isn't it like a News Show or Channel. Something like that?

West Indies let another game slip away.. those extra runs added by Prior/Collyless will make the West Indies pay. Looks like a draw.

nah 20 overs still left. I see 2 more wickets falling today

and Ganga out. ct behind
WI 15-2

Chanderpaul doesn't deserve to be in this team, he's too dull

Windies need exciting players that know about calypso cricket, only then will they rise again

Morton Bowled. drags it to stumps. Panesar's first ball
WI 37-3
Chanderpaul in

Let's see if Chanderpaul can do the business under pressure for once.

one hour and 7 min left today. overs will not get completed. Probably Gayle and Chanderpaul or Bravo will be out by then. Will be very hard for Chanderpaul to save this innings too

If the Windies lose this then they are the poorest of all sides. Ganga with an epic innings of 6, give him the full time captaincy i say.

West Indies are really throwing it away here.. pitiful cricket. Tis a shame I was not alive to see the great West Indian teams of the 70's and 80's..

Easa said:
West Indies are really throwing it away here.. pitiful cricket. Tis a shame I was not alive to see the great West Indian teams of the 70's and 80's..

Tis a shame that most who watched those sides are still alive to watch the current one!

Muhammad said:

Windies need exciting players that know about calypso cricket, only then will they rise again

mate, he's the only one who's making runs for the Windies. He's the only one whose bringing some sort of respectability to the Windies' scores. If he's dropped, then a score of 150 for the Windies, will be the equvalent as a score of 450 for them!

Coezier talking about some WI happenings

Gayle made ODI captain by selectors, excutives say no, then Full board says Gayle will be captain.

Samuels comes as replacement for Sarwan. writes letter to the management that the coach is not giving him much net practice. then the enxt coach is doing the same. the whole letter is leaked to the net.

WI cricket board agrees with Zimbabwe to send a A team without counsulting the Players association. Players association comes back we cannot tour because security situation in Zimabawe is not good.

he is still going on

Muhammad said:

I was castigated for saying that I was a Larry Gomes fan........

West Indies have reached their lowest point ever..

50 for Chris Gayle..

83/3 still 30 runs behind thou..

A terrific fightback. We need to be ruthless tomorrow to set up a convincing margin of victory, and I hope we really blow away Chanderpaul-to prove that the only batsmen to give us real problems in this series is not invincible after all.

Slight drizzle delays the start.

98 overs is a long day and West Indies have a lot of work to do to avoid defeat today. Think about what the last day of the 2005 Ashes was like for England - this is a similar task and situation, but even harder for the batting side. If we havent wrapped it up by 6 this evening I will be surprised.

If England can get two early wickets this morning, I wouldn't put it past them to win this match easily. Chanderpaul, Gayle, and possibly Bravo will have to play out of their skins to save this one.

Get in there Hoggard. Slides it across Gayle who can't help but go for the drive and gets the edge through to Prior. Awful shot choice for a team trying to save the match.

94/4, Gayle gone for 52

England got the early wicket they needed. :( Hopefully, Bravo/Chanderpaul put up a similar sort of rearguard as they have done lots of times in this series..

Back