England vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Headingley, Leeds | June 1-5, 2018 | Day 1 | Match Thread

I hope Hasan uses his brain today and doesn't swing at everything.

Why flash at that......

Shot was on, not execution. On such condition, you don't expect bottom half to hang around for 2 hours - loose ball, go after; get whatever available and come to bowl when still some juice left.

Can we all just appreciate Shadab's never say die attitude?

Pretty soft from Amir, he was going for wild swing, few times earlier as well :(

Honeymoon at Lord's is over.Playing like a perfect no 7 ranking side now.

Unbelievably bad considering the history at this ground.

...and last match too. England comfortable favourites and will end up winning this one to tie the series 1-1.

Both times captains won the toss, both times they batted first, both times they lost.

Get to 150 and then this is anybody's game

35 more runs to 150.... ya Allah please

The way Hasan is playing he is not going to hang around for long

Honeymoon at Lord's is over.Playing like a perfect no 7 ranking side now.

Lol. This is how they usually bat when pressure is on. Once in a while they bat well, then some folks here get overexited make statement like haris, azhar etc are best batsmen against swing, etc

Damn Hasan putting cloud boy in his place

Lol. This is how they usually bat when pressure is on. Once in a while they bat well, then some folks here get overexited make statement like haris, azhar etc are best batsmen against swing, etc

Your team even lost after Kohli scored 150 odd so before saying anything look at your own batsmen first

not gonna lie, this is the best time to watch the match. Hasan will try and play his shots and Shadab will steer the ship. Plus there's two beauty youngstas out there

Honestly i dont think with this quality bowling Pak batsmen could have done much, the only thing i can think of is they should have played more shots (especially Azhar) and every batsmen should have tried to scored 20-30 to make a total of 200 which i think is above par.

Last edited:
...and last match too. England comfortable favourites and will end up winning this one to tie the series 1-1.

Both times captains won the toss, both times they batted first, both times they lost.

This one is flatter than lords. Pak batsmen here we are talking about.

What you guys need to realise is that we can score ~500 in 3rd innings.

Some very funny BD and IND comments here.

ENG will get maximum 225 when they bat.

fortune favours the brain
come on hassan ali and shady
somehow take this score to 200

Honestly i dont think with this quality bowling Pak batsmen could have done much, the only thing i can think of is they should have played more shots (especially Azhar) and every batsmen should have tried to scored 20-30 to make a total of 200 which i think is above par.

Stop protecting the likes of Azhar, Shafiq and Sarfraz. After Misbah and Younis's departures they are now the senior players.

They should have shown a better performance.

If only Rana didn’t get out... England would have surrendered already.

Woooooweee, Hasan going for the HEAVE-HO swing :)) chill out, you got a boundary, a couple even, not need to overstep it and give your wicket away.

Can we all appreciate the fighting spirit of these guys? Pakistan teams of yesteryears would have been all out for less than a 100 after a score of 78/7

This little mini cameo isnt saving face much but giving us a few more peanuts to bowl with.

Jimmy likely to cross Mac this summer - will he continue for one more Ashes?

We don't play at home but were still above you in the rankings.
Stop mouthing off...come back when you win/achieve something worth talking about...oh i mean achieve anything at all.

You see now that our main threat is out. Broad and Anderson have gone into hiding.

Iftar time now hopefully these two are batting after nimaz

Keep it up boys! of course this is challenging and risky but that's why these guys are tail enders. Wag that tail and chase the bowlers off for a while!

Stop protecting the likes of Azhar, Shafiq and Sarfraz. After Misbah and Younis's departures they are now the senior players.

They should have shown a better performance.

Haha nahi not protecting, rather appreciating Broad's and Jimmie's bowling and think 200 would not have been bad.

Keep it up boys! of course this is challenging and risky but that's why these guys are tail enders. Wag that tail and chase the bowlers off for a while!

Shadab and Hasan have proper batting capabilities. Don't insult them by calling them tailenders

Back