England vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Headingley, Leeds | June 1-5, 2018 | Day 1 | Match Thread

This little mini cameo isnt saving face much but giving us a few more peanuts to bowl with.

This cameo was as predictable as our top order failing to impress.

When are the seniors going to stand up and justify their selection. It is easy to be top when everything is aligned. However when the heat is on that's when I want the seniors to show what they are all about.

But but Shadab isn’t the most exciting all rounder in the world cricket.

These two 38 run partnership: highest so far for us in the match.

Our little stars on fireee. If only some of the top order had stuck around..

I told you its going to get easier once Jims and Broad are too tired to continue bowling... koi sunta hi nahi hai

Shadab again in a rearguard action with the bat.A genuine all-rounder is being blossomed in him.It will be a tough decision to make when Yasir is fit.

Once again, showing that a lack of battle scars is the way to go.

Drop those who wilt under pressure when the time is right.

And that time is after this series.

Haha nahi not protecting, rather appreciating Broad's and Jimmie's bowling and think 200 would not have been bad.

Yes Jimmy and Broad did well but that's what you expect the opposition bowlers to do.

Forget 200. Even 100 was only possible thanks to our dependable tailenders. That's why I am extra harsh towards the top order. They are not dependable at all. While you can always depend on guys like Shadab, amir and Hasan to show some resistance.

Now you feel, Fakhar at 5/6 would have helped. In Test no 6 can change the game, like Gilly did so often with AUS. Whole batting lineup cannot be one dimensional :13:

As I predicted we cruise to 150.

I wasn't able to predict this because I am a magical being with mystical powers rather I know that our tailenders are much more dependable that's why I was confident in reaching 150.

ah LOL, he's out now. Dang.

Comeon Shaddy steer the ship, Try and get us to 200

Abbas to hit a blistering 50 and stake a claim for opening the innings :abbas

Fine on Shadab, yet Hasan Ali plays at #9. Hard to call him an all-rounder. Can Shadab take us to 200?

as i predicted we cruise to 150.

I wasn't able to predict this because i am a magical being with mystical powers rather i know that our tailenders are much more dependable that's why i was confident in reaching 150.

lottery numbers, now!

:))

Hasan need a bit of spanking. He is much more capable of than a quick 20

Ah damn. If Shadab and Hasan stayed for just 5-10 more overs Pakistan could have got closer to 200. Don't have much hope from Mohammad Abbas.

Listen, play Shaddy at #6, Sarfraz at #7/ This will help us a LOT more.

This score already out of England's reach :amir2 :abbas :hasan :faheem :shadab

This'll be Shadab's 3rd 50+ in a row in UK - making some seniors hide indeed.

shadab is only real batsman in the team. Guy is dauntless. Such great attitude. Love this guy

Now you feel, Fakhar at 5/6 would have helped. In Test no 6 can change the game, like Gilly did so often with AUS. Whole batting lineup cannot be one dimensional :13:

I predicted Salahuddin to get bogged down and then get out days ago. I got told "oh you seem to be able to predict the future can you tell us the lottery numbers"
[MENTION=147083]Fluke Master[/MENTION] :shhh

We haven’t even had a glimpse of Shadab’s six hitting ability

50 :bow:

This would have been the story in the first Test as well, had Root done the right thing by opting to bowl.

I am so tired of this contrarian crap.

First we were lucky Virat Kohli chose to bowl in the CT Final. Now we were lucky Root chose to bowl at Lord's.

The fact is if the opposition captain makes the wrong decision, that's too damn bad. Its part of the game and we still had to play well in order to get an advantage.

That Day 1 Lord's pitch was not a 184 all out pitch by the way.

Last 10 overs 68 runs 2 wickets...... Fight on boyssssssss

Shadab is all class. Now let's not lose concentration and nurdle out a few more

OMG why did Shadab do sajdah for a 50 omg we are so pathetic wowwwwwww.

What are these batting standards. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

It was a stupid idea in the first Test for Sarfraz to bat at 6.

2 of the top 5 have played 6 Tests between them, and a third is a debutant. So it makes perfect sense for the wicket-keeper captain to bat higher up the order after averaging 30 in the last 20 Tests. Just so that a 2 Test teenager who averages 30 in FCC, to take the #7 spot.

But Shadab's gamble seems to be paying off. Full credit to the boy.

But I hope they KEEP him at 7 and not think oh, Viv ki aulaad hai, isse open karao.

I am so tired of this contrarian crap.

First we were lucky Virat Kohli chose to bowl in the CT Final. Now we were lucky Root chose to bowl at Lord's.

The fact is if the opposition captain makes the wrong decision, that's too damn bad. Its part of the game and we still had to play well in order to get an advantage.

That Day 1 Lord's pitch was not a 184 all out pitch by the way.

we are always lucky whenever we win as per him :yk

Back