England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Nottingham | May 17th, 2019 | Pakistan innings

Pak batting well but will fall short of a competitive score

What Faheem is doing there?? I am scared ... he should be in plane coming back will give some ease :p

Well, [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] does have his favorites (and dislikes).

You can't convince him no matter how mediocre those players are. :najam

Lol that's rich coming from you :misbah

Haven't seen a single batsman struggle in this series. Everybody looks like Don Bradman in this series. Hafeez is cruising as well

Cricket is ruined tbh. 350 par score? Garbage.

If you want to make your voice heard then stop watching these types of games.

You're not accomplishing anything by complaining yet watching with your eyes glued to the TV

That wasn't the point of this conversation

That one has to play for a win is always a part of every discussion. It shouldn’t even have to be stated. But since we need that spelt it out let me do that.
Over the last two years Malik as the senior most cricketer in the team playing as a batsman has not played a leading contribution against any top team. And the rot is deep: it’s against pace, it’s against spin, and in some cases even against part timers

Both going at about run a ball. Personal milestones will be achieved but PAK has 8 wickets in hand. They need to ATTACK!

If Hafeez and Asif continue to bat till the end, we'll get to a great total.

Babar too has every ability to accelerate.

People actually need to calm down. These were the same people saying that pakistan won't even cross 300 on these dead pitches and now when they are, people are finding other things to moan about.

But its amazing how Babar forces these commentators to go ooh aah wow with his shots.Saw in SA also

I think we’ve batted really well but now we need to go for it. Especially Hafeez since that’s his job

The concept of “par score” will slowly evolve and people will not have problems with high scoring games.

Who decided that par total = 250 to 280? No one, but it got planted in our heads because that is what the common scores were when we started following cricket.

Kids who are starting to follow the game today will have a different concept of par scores. Cricket is evolving and our generation needs to evolve.

The game will not be stuck in our era because that is what we want.

I can’t see Malik being happy about how things are going here: he will be coming to face basically

That one has to play for a win is always a part of every discussion. It shouldn’t even have to be stated. But since we need that spelt it out let me do that.
Over the last two years Malik as the senior most cricketer in the team playing as a batsman has not played a leading contribution against any top team. And the rot is deep: it’s against pace, it’s against spin, and in some cases even against part timers
Look I understand your frustrations about Malik, I would share a lot of them with you myself. But mine was just an honest comment on Malik's spin playing capabilities, which are better than a lot of our current batsmen. Think you missed out my post earlier in the thread where I'm fine with Malik on the bench in this WC.

Wood and Archer look a damn good opening pair and a certain English poster didn't think Mark wood is good enough :facepalm:

Mark Wood is a poor ODI bowler. Yes his pace is impressive but he doesn't move the ball an inch off the surface or in the air which at least Willey can do.

Since the 2017 Champions Trophy, from pacers from teams featuring in the WC who have played 10+ ODIs Wood is amongst the worst performing.

Untitled.jpg

Imagine the furor here had Sarfaraz taken that review.

Mark Wood is a poor ODI bowler. Yes his pace is impressive but he doesn't move the ball an inch off the surface or in the air which at least Willey can do.

Since the 2017 Champions Trophy, from pacers from teams featuring in the WC who have played 10+ ODIs Wood is amongst the worst performing.

View attachment 91359

Amir :)))

What’s wrong with Wnglish wicket keepers who are screaming out at every moment. Bairstow did the same thing last match.

Look I understand your frustrations about Malik, I would share a lot of them with you myself. But mine was just an honest comment on Malik's spin playing capabilities, which are better than a lot of our current batsmen. Think you missed out my post earlier in the thread where I'm fine with Malik on the bench in this WC.
Fair, I am just pointing out his spin capabilities have also deteriorated. Anyhow let’s see how he goes

Always one sided commentary , its like only english players are on field :p

He should have been playing this series would have given a good look... but Its our Thick Tank who don't think so

He could have been easily tried against Aus in UAE as well. He showed everything you want to see in a young player.

Kuldeep ran rings around England last year before Root produced two masterclass knocks. Quality spin will play a big role in this World Cup.

He did for two games and then they got hold of him, it was not only Root also Bairstow etc scored plenty against him.

Imagine the furor here had Sarfaraz taken that review.

Sarfraz is a tail-ender with the bat, reviews should be used by better players who can actually contribute something to the match.

No Bairstow and no Morgan s that increases our chances. Still tough if we end up with 350.

Hafeez didn’t get close enough to that one. He just committed because mid off was in

First time i see Pakistan having problems with all batsman performing and bowling in disarray

The concept of “par score” will slowly evolve and people will not have problems with high scoring games.

Who decided that par total = 250 to 280? No one, but it got planted in our heads because that is what the common scores were when we started following cricket.

Kids who are starting to follow the game today will have a different concept of par scores. Cricket is evolving and our generation needs to evolve.

The game will not be stuck in our era because that is what we want.

Its not the actual number anyone is arguing. A par score of 350 indicates more than a run a ball score. It's crap. IPL era cricket.

For anyone who enjoyed bowling this is extremely boring.

Come on lads! Push on now. Won't be easy against Archer in the death.

Expect Bobby to slow down now that ton is within sight... Prof needs to up strike rate.

Even the maximum projected total probably won't be safe against England at Trent Bridge.

That being said, wouldn't Pakistan's last two totals of 361 and 358 would've been enough to beat most of our opponents in the World Cup ? We're not facing England's batters every match !

Babar is on his way to score another baby hundred on the most flat pitch and his blind fans seem happy with it.... Sickening

Back