England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Nottingham | May 17th, 2019 | Pakistan innings

MAlik should have come... lets see I like the Hafeez when he attacks

Pakistan should seek RR. 7.00 and then try to close off the match as close to 400 as possible.

Can hafeez claim now that his broken hand makes him chuck

Curran's lack of pace accounts for Fakhar. The pitch is not as straightforward as everyone seems to think.

It's a batting belter - Curran bowled with scrambled seem, wide outside off and Fakhar was committed too early. Wicket hardly matters if your follow through points deep mid wicket and ball ends at 3rd man's throat.

Vital this partnership lasts for the next 15 overs. Next batsmen are Sarfraz and Shoaib Malik!

Moving todays leg side and trying to reach the ball further of the off side, really poor technique, he has given away his wickets many times like that. If he has moved more towards the ball, he had much better chance belting it :facepalm:

In terms of impact, Babar compares favorable to other world class number three’s like Root, Williamson and Smith, but he needs to more consistent against the top sides and do better under pressure.

Kohli should not be a yardstick for him or anyone.

Let’s get runrate down to 5 and build up to 6 for a 300.

Hafeez is a remnant of the misbah days. All these dot balls. As others have said, he’s at his best when he plays aggressively. He needs to start attacking from the get go like in the champions trophy

It's a batting belter - Curran bowled with scrambled seem, wide outside off and Fakhar was committed too early. Wicket hardly matters if your follow through points deep mid wicket and ball ends at 3rd man's throat.
Yeah I beg to differ. Curran is having the ball stick in the pitch a wee bit, scrambled seam and rolling his fingers over at times. Bowling wicket to wicket.

Fakhar was too early into the stroke, we can agree on that.

Still I don't think it's a 400 wicket today. Just enough to interest the bowlers.

Batting first, 1 (2) down by 20th over one should triple the score .... today the experience of PAK's middle order of Hafeez, Sarfraz, Malik has a task to do - take it to 303-4 by 44th overs and leave there after for Asif & Imad.........

Hafeez is a remnant of the misbah days. All these dot balls. As others have said, he’s at his best when he plays aggressively. He needs to start attacking from the get go like in the champions trophy

I didn’t want to rag on him since this is his first game in a while but yeah, that’s always a fear

2 Of the Past 3 winning scores in Nottingham in county matches :

And we looking to Score to 330 :)

Moving todays leg side and trying to reach the ball further of the off side, really poor technique, he has given away his wickets many times like that. If he has moved more towards the ball, he had much better chance belting it :facepalm:

Fakhar's technique is horrible, even the six he hit off Wood was cross bat, but he has a good eye, and you need batsmen with some aggression these days.

Babar and Hafeez had a stellar partnership in New Zealand in 2016, but I don’t enjoy these two batting together. They tend to bring the worst out of each other.

Hafeez, Malik, Sarfraz types are senior players of no 7/8 team, lot before them was like that as well. Fans don't want to see them, no wonder Pakistan has consistently remain no 7/8 team in last decade or so :facepalm:

This is why I feel Imam is the superior player. He has more power than Babar.

tuk tuk and predictor suggesting 335 for Pakistan...kya zamaana hay that a Pakistan score above 300 is not enough..

This is what separates someone like a Kohli or a Sharma from Bobby.... If say Sharma and Dhawan had long partnership and Dhawan got out Sharma will up his strike rate while Kohli gets his eye in (not that it takes very long, but still)

Our very own Bobster on the other hand is trying to match Prof in who can tuk more balls.

This is Babar's weakest part of the game . . he is incapable of pushing on . . and he doesn't know how to pace an innings . .
If you see Imam's innings last time . . he went from strngth to strength . . he didn't start off quikcly, but he paced his innings brilliantly . . you could see his innings became quicker and quicker . .

Babar is going in the opposite fdirection . . this puts pressure on the other batsman . . and then he gets out himself as well . .

I do remember a game very early in his career where he and Haris chased down a total against New Zealand in the UAE but yeah can't think of any other innings

He scored 46 - useful runs in a low run chase (target was 210) but yeah it seems he's yet to score a 50+ knock in a winning match against the top 5.

Still I don't think it's a 400 wicket today. Just enough to interest the bowlers.

Normally, TBridge gets better under Sun. Also, in olden days there was no boundary rope - on his way to 232 in 1976, Viv had to send it to crowd to hit a SIX. Now, bats have improved, out field has become faster, balls have been harder with no swing and boundary has come inside by good 6-7 meters (effectively 10-12, considering the elevation need to send it in crowd).

Even in 80s, first 300+ target was chased here by Poms against Kiwis .........................

Babar still looking to play for hundred. He is our inferior version of Tendulqar.

This is what separates someone like a Kohli or a Sharma from Bobby.... If say Sharma and Dhawan had long partnership and Dhawan got out Sharma will up his strike rate while Kohli gets his eye in (not that it takes very long, but still)

Our very own Bobster on the other hand is trying to match Prof in who can tuk more balls.

He is slightly built like Rahane. He needs a bit of pace on the ball from what i have seen. Rahane had same issues. He would start like Virendar sehwag in the first 10. Then he will be reduced to a tortoise after 10 overs. Although Babar is better than Rahane in a lot of other aspects. There are some batting limitations.

Hafeez is good at punishing both the spinners and the pacers.

What a great asset for this WC.

Haris is solid but I feel much more confident when Professor is at the crease.

Vintage Hafeez. Effortless strike.

I think Malik should be sent in before hafeez. Hafeez is better at hitting from the get go. Although I have no idea how both of them will play in the World Cup unless imam is injured and Babar opens

He hit one superb shot which was 4 but for some brilliant fielding. Fakhar hit a crap shot, that wasn't Babar's fault.

It's also not Babar's fault for failing to score a 50+ knock in a winning ODI against the top 5.

It was essential to get hafeez a game or two before the world cup so he could be in the groove.

Also one thing to note Buttler is quite an average captain compared to Morgan

Hafeez and Malik cop their fair share of criticism, but it's a fact they are the best players of spin BY FAR in Pakistan right now.

Pakistan's chances against India rely on Hafeez and Malik fronting up to KulCha.

Rashid's bowling dollies...if i was Eng..i'd be quaking...last two matches they've leaked 700+ ....they are headed in 350 territory again....i would'nt be going down town with the two odi victories....

I think Malik should be sent in before hafeez. Hafeez is better at hitting from the get go. Although I have no idea how both of them will play in the World Cup unless imam is injured and Babar opens

Malik’s utility is between 15th and 35th over.

Hafeez and Malik cop their fair share of criticism, but it's a fact they are the best players of spin BY FAR in Pakistan right now.

Pakistan's chances against India rely on Hafeez and Malik fronting up to KulCha.

Hafeez should play but not Malik unless he does something extraordinary today.

Back