England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Nottingham | May 17th, 2019 | Pakistan innings

so we have come to this where 106 for no loss in the 18th over by a pakistan batting side is scoffed at..disgraceful..

Real feel good series for the batsmen. Not so much for bowlers.

Actually there are two reasons.... both teams have good batting lineups (don't know when we said that the last time for Pak) and very mediocre bowling lineups.

If a better bowling attack was playing in this series like India or Aus I'm sure they would be restricting or defending 275-300.

Main spinners still have to bowl their overs.

And guess who we have in the bench waiting :malik

Hafeez is a different player when he looks to attack from the get go and doesn’t fear getting out. His half-century in a T20 in India back in 2012 is still the best attacking innings I have seen by a Pakistani batsman in a long, long time.

That is exactly how he needs to bat in whatever that is left in his career. These days his facial hair is on point too.

One difference is English batters play lot more fearlessly, they know there are 6 more who can hit, they don’t care about getting out...They have team plan, no individual goals...
They put pressure on bowlers, who have limited options on these wickets...
We still play 1990 style, play long innings and risk at the end, that model does not work on these wickets.

Actually there are two reasons.... both teams have good batting lineups (didn't when we said that the last time for Pak) and very mediocre bowling lineups.

If a better bowling attack was playing in this series like India or Aus I'm sure they would be restricting or defending 275-300.
Not sure australia has a good bowling line up but india is a world class bowling line up probablly the best in this world cup.

That one six by Fakhar of Mark Wood reminded me of an Adam Gilchrist pick up over the leg side . . Brilliant . .

people are asking for a 350 total seriously?? this is a 420+ ground/wicket.

No Bairstow and Morgan today. England are too reliant on Buttler and Roy today, and there is no guarantee they will perform.

About a few years ago. Or maybe during Misbah's era. Pakistani fans would be flying off their seats if they saw 100+ runs in 18 overs
There would be dancing in the streets, specially when this would mean Misbah had less time to mess up our RR :ua

10 wickets in hand is nice (albeit potentially one man down) but I get the feeling 400 is needed at least on this pitch.

People forgetting that just in the last WC Pak would often get starts of 10/0 after 5 overs with Shehzad and Jamshed tuk tuking like no tomorrow.

So this is a welcome change.

Rameez is still the GOAT Pakistani commentator. It feels weird watching Pakistan without him.

No Bairstow and Morgan today. England are too reliant on Buttler and Roy today, and there is no guarantee they will perform.

good point but we tend to bring back players in form.. Moin and Stokes are waiting to score some quick runs..

People forgetting that just in the last WC Pak would often get starts of 10/0 after 5 overs with Shehzad and Jamshed tuk tuking like no tomorrow.

So this is a welcome change.
And people say we haven't improved

What Babar wants to achieve by tuktuking. Even if he score 100 of 120 balls its useless considering sits 400+ pitch.

The pressure building up caused that. That one stop resulted in the wicket. That’s what we can’t do

Babar is technically the best but from what I can recall, has yet to score 50+ in a match winning cause against the top 5 (SENAI).

Pakistan can only win on 300+ wickets if Fakhar gets going. He was the reason why the CT final was won and why the team was able to record their highest chase (187-188 runs) last year in the T20 tri-series held in Zimbabwe.

Your analysis on Haris and Imam is spot on.

I do remember a game very early in his career where he and Haris chased down a total against New Zealand in the UAE but yeah can't think of any other innings

Wrong wicket!!! Babar is the one who is slowing down. Now the run rate will be more slow.

Fakhar first big shot in anger after getting his 50 and he holes out in typical Pakistan fashion.

Typical from Babar. 4 dot ball and single, leaving Fakhar to take all the risks.

Curran's lack of pace accounts for Fakhar. The pitch is not as straightforward as everyone seems to think.

What a waste of a wicket by FZ...he had the bowling at his mercy...what a pathetic shot....at the same time clever cross seamer from TC....

Made 50 did my job and I am outta here.. I don't care if I can cash in on this small ground:fz

Huge blow for Pakistan. Now it's time for Bobby to score a big hundred and take Pakistan over 350+ like Fakhar and Imam did in the previous matches

Not happy that either he or Malik are here, but let’s get on with it

Fakhar getting out is good for Pakistan. It gives others to get some hit prior to the world cup. You shouldn't read too much into results here.

People blaming Babar are high. England did well to build pressure there but you don’t just give your wicket away like that. Fakhar also played a lot of dots against that mediocre leg spinner. Anyway, props to England’s fielding for that wicket. We need to learn from that over

Made 50 did my job and I am outta here.. I don't care if I can cash in on this small ground:fz

Sir he has a 134 and 57 in this series.... you expect him to hit daddy hundred every match? Aglay bhi khelnay aye hain.

Poor shot selection from Fakhar.

None of our batsmen have decent pressure releasing shots, whenever they are under pressure they try to senselessly hit their way out of it

All the so called knowledgeable cricket posters blaming babar for fakhar wicket is laughable

People blaming Babar are high. England did well to build pressure there but you don’t just give your wicket away like that. Fakhar also played a lot of dots against that mediocre leg spinner. Anyway, props to England’s fielding for that wicket. We need to learn from that over

Exactly.

Hafeez IN :/ and after this Malik will and as usual Sarfraz will hide behind or come down the order.

Back