[EXCLUSIVE] "You never know, I can take my retirement back": Imad Wasim

I think imam when he was left out was hard done by, espcially when it was for a fake all rounder in nawaz, this is Pakistani cricket for you. Since then obviously its been a fractured relationship.

Also as time has passed imad is now not as good as he was, so his best years have been wasted with this farce.
Imad Wasim's Timeline:

- Had an average performance in the 2021 WC.
- Performed poorly in the 2021 PSL, taking only 6 wickets at an average of 39.
- Nawaz, as a player, outperformed him, leading to Imad's drop from the team.
- Imad took offense to this, appearing on Tabish Hasmi's show in 2022 and launching personal attacks on Babar.
- He criticized Babar's captaincy and place in the T20 team, despite not being retired at that point.
- Enjoyed a successful PSL campaign in 2023, re-entered the national team, and then retired immediately to pursue league cricket.
- During Hafeez's tenure, he was asked to reconsider his retirement but declined.

Nawaz when he replaced imad had many great performances for Pakistan so it was justified for the time being to persist with him. Seeing as imad was alr in the t20 squad before retirement and his motms in the qualifiers/poor form of shadab and nawaz, he would have surely been preferred over nawaz in the upcoming t20 wc.

Imad Wasim's Timeline:

- Imad took offense to this, appearing on Tabish Hasmi's show in 2022 and launching personal attacks on Babar.
- He criticized Babar's captaincy and place in the T20 team, despite not being retired at that point.
- Enjoyed a successful PSL campaign in 2023, re-entered the national team, and then retired immediately to pursue league cricket.
- During Hafeez's tenure, he was asked to reconsider his retirement but declined.

Nawaz when he replaced imad had many great performances for Pakistan so it was justified for the time being to persist with him. Seeing as imad was alr in the t20 squad before retirement and his motms in the qualifiers/poor form of shadab and nawaz, he would have surely been preferred over nawaz in the upcoming t20 wc.
Beautiful post.

Imad Wasim's Timeline:

Without going to what happened in the past , but who is in great form in PSL and winning matches in knock out games for his team , just months before the WC ? Nawaz or Imad ?

Imad Wasim's Timeline:

Excellent post time for his fans to avoid this post.

Without going to what happened in the past , but who is in great form in PSL and winning matches in knock out games for his team , just months before the WC ? Nawaz or Imad ?
Imad is retired in case you are not aware.

Unpopular opinion, but Nawaz’s 42 in 20 balls vs India in the Asia Cup is bigger than Imad’s entire career.

Imad has done nothing in his international career that can compare to the impact and value of that blazing innings by Nawaz.

It may have been a fluke, but Nawaz can be very proud of that match winning innings.

Unpopular opinion, but Nawaz’s 42 in 20 balls vs India in the Asia Cup is bigger than Imad’s entire career.

Imad has done nothing in his international career that can compare to the impact and value of that blazing innings by Nawaz.

It may have been a fluke, but Nawaz can be very proud of that match winning innings.
I agree when I reminded his fans of that knock they decided to bring imad's 25 runs. Nawaz also played a major role in us winning the tri series against NZ.

Mamoon bhai nothing personal but I think Imad has caused some serious heartache. Let it go bro. Imad has had the last laugh twice now, once against Rizwan in 2019 and now against Babar. These actions by Imad will forever be remembered and Babar FC will be reminded about them for decades.

It’s better to accept defeat in this matter with humility. No point trying to bring the guy down after the historic result yesterday

I agree when I reminded his fans of that knock they decided to bring imad's 25 runs. Nawaz also played a major role in us winning the tri series against NZ.
What’s Imad’s ODI bowling average?

Check it on cricinfo. It will help ease the pain you are suffering brother.

I watched the entire match yesterday. Imad played an excellent innings. He was gritty and determined. He is the kind of player that every team wants in the lower order, someone who can win with bat and ball. He could easily walk into any team.
It's criminal that PCB didn't consider him all these years.

Imad his disrespected PCB and if I were appointed as PCB Chairman, I will humiliate him like this:

I would personally call him to convince him to take his retirement back, assuring him that he will be immediately given a central contract and selected in the team.

Once he publicly announces that he is available for selection, I will offer him a category C central contract.

If he doesn’t sign the contract, he will not be selected. He has to make this choice.

If he signs the contract, I will immediately go back on my promise and make it clear to the selectors that he cannot be selected.

In addition, now that he is tied in a central contract, I will not give him NOC for any league.

Even when his central contract expires in 12 month and he refuses to renew, he will still have to wait for PCB’s NOC for up to two years which he will obviously not get.

I will make it my personal mission to humiliate him and destroy his career because that is what he deserves for the way he has disrespected PCB and Babar in the last couple of years.

PCB have been very soft on him and it is very disappointing.

Mamoon bhai nothing personal but I think Imad has caused some serious heartache. Let it go bro. Imad has had the last laugh twice now, once against Rizwan in 2019 and now against Babar. These actions by Imad will forever be remembered and Babar FC will be reminded about them for decades.

It’s better to accept defeat in this matter with humility. No point trying to bring the guy down after the historic result yesterday
What last laugh? Babar and Rizwan are permanent fixtures in the team while Imad retired out of spite and no one cared.

Whether you like them or not, they have left a mark on Pakistan cricket and they will be remembered in Pakistan cricket history while no one will ever remember Imad or care about what he did because he has done nothing for Pakistan.

Both Babar and Rizwan are far bigger cricketers than Imad can ever hope to be and I don’t like Rizwan.

Imad his disrespected PCB and if I were appointed as PCB Chairman, I will humiliate him like this:

I would personally call him to convince him to take his retirement back, assuring him that he will be immediately given a central contract and selected in the team.

Once he publicly announces that he is available for selection, I will offer him a category C central contract.

If he doesn’t sign the contract, he will not be selected. He has to make this choice.

If he signs the contract, I will immediately go back on my promise and make it clear to the selectors that he cannot be selected.

In addition, now that he is tied in a central contract, I will not give him NOC for any league.

Even when his central contract expires in 12 month and he refuses to renew, he will still have to wait for PCB’s NOC for up to two years which he will obviously not get.

I will make it my personal mission to humiliate him and destroy his career because that is what he deserves for the way he has disrespected PCB and Babar in the last couple of years.

He hasn’t disrespected Babar, nor the PCB

He spoke the truth about Babar. He said everything that most sane and well informed cricket fans and analysts have stated about his approach in T20 cricket. Since when has speaking the truth become a form of disrespect?

What last laugh? Babar and Rizwan are permanent fixtures in the team while Imad retired out of spite and no one cared.

Whether you like them or not, they have left a mark on Pakistan cricket and they will be remembered in Pakistan cricket history while no one will ever remember Imad or care about what he did because he has done nothing for Pakistan.

Both Babar and Rizwan are far bigger cricketers than Imad can ever hope to be and I don’t like Rizwan.
Time will tell.

Babar or Rizwan can only leave the mark Sarfaraz has over them once Pakistan cricket gets its head in order, and out of the backside of Saya Corporation controlling its cricketing directions. For the best chance for that to happen, Amir and Imad have to be a part of the Pakistan World Cup squads as they are pivotal in Pakistan progressing over the line when it truly matters.

Glory is only achievable when you suppress your ego and accept that you need these big match players.

He spoke the truth about Babar. He said everything that most sane and well informed cricket fans and analysts have stated about his approach in T20 cricket. Since when has speaking the truth become a form of disrespect?
Truth? Where was this truth when Babar carried his mediocre self to the title in 2020?

The same “approach” that he has criticized in the last 2 years won him the PSL in 2020.

Imad was full of praise for Babar’s approach when he was winning him matches for Karachi.

Imad has been exposed for the hypocrite that he is.

Imad haters are in complete disarray at the moment, the pain is unbearable

Don’t worry boys, there are things you can do to help ease this pain and allow you to sleep at night…

-revisit the events of 2021 when Imad was slowly sidelined from the Pakistan team eventually leading to his complete exclusion

-go through highlights of last year’s PSL results where Imad’s side lost quite a few of their games

-search for “Babar Babar” chants on Twitter where Imad is at the receiving end from his own fans

-watch videos of Imad being taken down by Jason Roy in 2016-2019 in powerplay overs

-watch the 2021 semi final where David Warner assaulted Imad in the opening spell of the powerplay

-Study Imad’s ODI bowling average with intense scrutiny and assure yourself he is a terrible bowler

It will help you all sleep at night. Maybe I’ve missed some points? You can all share with me and that will also help ease the pain for you.

Time will tell.

Babar or Rizwan can only leave the mark Sarfaraz has over them once Pakistan cricket gets its head in order, and out of the backside of Saya Corporation controlling its cricketing directions. For the best chance for that to happen, Amir and Imad have to be a part of the Pakistan World Cup squads as they are pivotal in Pakistan progressing over the line when it truly matters.

Glory is only achievable when you suppress your ego and accept that you need these big match players.
Time has already told my friend.

This bits and pieces fraud is 35 and has done nothing in his career.

Big match player? What big match player? You mean the guy who averages 65 with the ball vs the top 5 sides in ODIs?

Imad haters are in complete disarray at the moment, the pain is unbearable

Don’t worry boys, there are things you can do to help ease this pain and allow you to sleep at night…

-revisit the events of 2021 when Imad was slowly sidelined from the Pakistan team eventually leading to his complete exclusion

-go through highlights of last year’s PSL results where Imad’s side lost quite a few of their games

-search for “Babar Babar” chants on Twitter where Imad is at the receiving end from his own fans

-watch videos of Imad being taken down by Jason Roy in 2016-2019 in powerplay overs

-watch the 2021 semi final where David Warner assaulted Imad in the opening spell of the powerplay

-Study Imad’s ODI bowling average with intense scrutiny and assure yourself he is a terrible bowler

It will help you all sleep at night. Maybe I’ve missed some points? You can all share with me and that will also help ease the pain for you.
So basically, Imad’s entire career has been a failure?

No doubt, yesterday was a horrid day for all those in the pro-Babar/anti-Imad camp and richly deserved for all the toxic abuse and hatred that has been aimed at Imad, and for what reason? Because he didn’t want to be part of the clique that was blindly cheerleading Babar despite his incompetence as leader of the side.

Imad, Wasim Akram and Simon Doull have all been turned on by the cult. One of whom has even received death threats.

This episode along with Babar’s disgraceful showing in the ODI WC should serve a lesson that good will always prevail over those who indulge in deceit and mistreat others.

This was not just a win for Imad and ISLU but a win for those who sincerely care about the best interests of Pakistan cricket.

The Babar/Rizwan/Misbah fan club have always cared about their favourites more than the Pakistan team. A case in point is Misbah’s biggest cheerleader on PP, who has openly admitted that he supports Misbah more than the entire Pakistan teams

Also, if you care about the greater good of Pakistan cricket, you would never want Babar to be reinstated as captain.

Exactly that, take the L with grace and keep your dignity intact.

You blame me for having an opinion of not liking Babar.

And then you post this post where it is clear you have a deep seated hatred of Imad.

Just accept we have a differerence of opinion on Imad and Babar.

You cant keep on trying to spew vitriol against Imad and praising Babar and then ask others to elevate their opinions about Babar.

I have seen enough of Babar to know he will never win any tournaments for Pakistan.

I really hope they choose him over Rizwan so that the beautiful prose you wrote in the other thread about how Babar has improved as a captain goes to pieces.

i agree with this. Him and Amir disrespected PCB and there captains. Instead of taking blame they found to blame others.

Anyways, the likes of Babar will continue to have a long career while the likes of Amir and Imad will just be domestic t20 players that no one will remember. Amir will be remembered as a fixer for life while Imad will be forgotten soon or later.

So basically, Imad’s entire career has been a failure?
Yes, I’ve helped you with the evidence to support it. It will help you sleep at night considering Imad is playing the PSL final tomorrow having become the reason why Babar Azam isn’t.

Are there any more points that you wish for me to add on this list of setbacks for Imad? I remembered a couple more…

-Liam Plunkett sledging Imad in the ODI series in 2016, Imad coming across as a fake aggressive person

-Hardik Pandya smashing 3 back to back sixes in Birmingham 2017, all 3 hit the roof of the stadium in the final over of India’s innings

Mamoon never had this issue before when we were told “Imad is underappreciated on PP” and he was one of his biggest advocates up until the end of last year.

He’s been asked by multiple posters on what’s changed and he’s been regurgitating the same nonsense of “I don’t know, it was a different time, different place, a lot can change since then”

Like @Amjid Javed said he’s just making these opinions merely to stir up discussion.

Before we know it, he’ll be back to Babar bashing to once again stir up things on here.

@Rana stop tagging me please. Can't take someone seriously who thinks Asif Ali is better than Babar Azam.
Na bhai na. You should be careful when disrespecting players with severe vitriol. Trust me, I play this game better than you can dream of, but I play with the sense of realisation that my strong (cricketing) views are going to offend people, and I need to be ready for their backlash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Na bhai na. You should be careful when disrespecting players with severe vitriol. Trust me, I play this game better than you can dream of, but I play with the sense of realisation that my strong (cricketing) views are going to offend people, and I need to be ready for their backlash.

I completely agree with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely agree with this.
The thing is bro, we are not ‘holier than thou’ when it comes to our views on certain players, but it’s not like we are begging those who hold opposing views to ours to leave us alone when those players do well contrary to what we expect them to do.

It’s a simple case of a guy making his own bed, now he must sleep in it.

As for your comment about me thinking Asif Ali is better than Babar Azam @PakEngFan here are some points that I believe in…

-Asif Ali is a more selfless cricketer/Batsman than Babar Azam and plays for his team first instead of his own personal stats.

-Asif Ali is a better six hitter than Babar Azam, do you deny this?

-Asif Ali is a far more clutch performer than Babar Azam on the big stages? Can you refute this argument?

-Asif Ali if made captain is more than likely to build a team that plays for the country or the badge on their shirt, and not for the best interests of his agency.

As for your comment about me thinking Asif Ali is better than Babar Azam @PakEngFan here are some points that I believe in…

-Asif Ali is a more selfless cricketer/Batsman than Babar Azam and plays for his team first instead of his own personal stats.

-Asif Ali is a better six hitter than Babar Azam, do you deny this?

-Asif Ali is a far more clutch performer than Babar Azam on the big stages? Can you refute this argument?

-Asif Ali if made captain is more than likely to build a team that plays for the country or the badge on their shirt, and not for the best interests of his agency.
Bro Asif Ali is not selfless, he does not have ability to rotate strike which is why he goes for big shots any chance he gets. Same goes for someone like Azam Khan. It doesn’t make them selfless, they only have two thoughts in their mind either block or go for a big shot.

Mamoon never had this issue before when we were told “Imad is underappreciated on PP” and he was one of his biggest advocates up until the end of last year.

He’s been asked by multiple posters on what’s changed and he’s been regurgitating the same nonsense of “I don’t know, it was a different time, different place, a lot can change since then”

Like @Amjid Javed said he’s just making these opinions merely to stir up discussion.

Before we know it, he’ll be back to Babar bashing to once again stir up things on here.
I’ll let you in on a personal experience in regards to PZ. I believe it was 2016 when PZ won the PSL in Lahore…anyhow, I came into interaction with a person based in London who is very well connected with Javed Afridi. The guy is also a major promoter of PTI in London too. I won’t name him or his profession, he is fairly well known.

I wasn’t really emotionally attached with the PSL at the time, didn’t really find it interesting, but through some friends who knew my passion for cricket in general, I got connected with this guy and helped promote PZ and build their fanbase in various spots in London. I understood then and there that these guys (especially Javed Afridi) are very good at building their global fanbase and global image. I actually still have the PZ shirt for that season.

In regards to our brother Mamoon, I cannot make assumptions but I sense that he has connections in the PZ hierarchy. This sudden shift towards pro Babar and Anti Imad can probably be explained because of it. It’s alright I guess, freedom of speech (whatever the background is I suppose).

The point is, Peshawar Zalmi would know how to promote their franchise. They are quite smart and vigilant in this regard.

I’ll let you in on a personal experience in regards to PZ. I believe it was 2016 when PZ won the PSL in Lahore…anyhow, I came into interaction with a person based in London who is very well connected with Javed Afridi. The guy is also a major promoter of PTI in London too. I won’t name him or his profession, he is fairly well known.

I wasn’t really emotionally attached with the PSL at the time, didn’t really find it interesting, but through some friends who knew my passion for cricket in general, I got connected with this guy and helped promote PZ and build their fanbase in various spots in London. I understood then and there that these guys (especially Javed Afridi) are very good at building their global fanbase and global image. I actually still have the PZ shirt for that season.

In regards to our brother Mamoon, I cannot make assumptions but I sense that he has connections in the PZ hierarchy. This sudden shift towards pro Babar and Anti Imad can probably be explained because of it. It’s alright I guess, freedom of speech (whatever the background is I suppose).

The point is, Peshawar Zalmi would know how to promote their franchise. They are quite smart and vigilant in this regard.

I think this is the light bulb moment we have been looking for, so many thanks for sharing your experiences with the franchise.

I guess this now makes sense:

“I don’t know, it was a different time, different place, a lot can change since then”

England won 99% of the ODI series that they played between 2016 and 2019 and eventually won the World Cup too.

They picked their best players and they played high class ODI cricket consistently. It had nothing to do with any of this “best day” and “on their day” nonsense.
England's win ratio between 2016-2019 in ODI s was 64.2%.

Why do you have to fabricate the truth?.

If someone paid me to lie, I probably would depending on the money received.

But I wouldn't make it so obvious that I start writing " I WILL DESTROY IMAD'S CAREER, MUHAHAHAHAHAH" posts.

I'd be extremely subtle about it.

i agree with this. Him and Amir disrespected PCB and there captains. Instead of taking blame they found to blame others.

Anyways, the likes of Babar will continue to have a long career while the likes of Amir and Imad will just be domestic t20 players that no one will remember. Amir will be remembered as a fixer for life while Imad will be forgotten soon or later.
In 50 odd Tests, Babar has 1 Test century in SENA.

If Babar plays 100 Tests and ends up with let’s say, 4 Test centuries in SENA, he will be remembered in history as an inferior batsman to Azhar Ali

In 50 odd Tests, Babar has 1 Test century in SENA.

If Babar plays 100 Tests and ends up with let’s say, 4 Test centuries in SENA, he will be remembered in history as an inferior batsman to Azhar Ali
So we all know Babar will still play 100 test while Imad never even got a debut....

Tells you there worth

I think this is the light bulb moment we have been looking for, so many thanks for sharing your experiences with the franchise.

I guess this now makes sense:

“I don’t know, it was a different time, different place, a lot can change since then”
The thing is, if someone paid me to lie, let's say a huge sum of money that could be life altering.

Then I'd make sure to be subtle about it.

I'd make statements like " Babar did good in this tournament runs wise" while also praising imad for his performance.

I wouldn't go around saying " If I was pcb chairman I'd make sure I would be corrupt and destroy imad forever muhahah"

Or

" Amazing captaincy from Babar, what a decision it was to bowl saim ayub and get tinked for 24 runs in an over, best captain of the tournament ".

Sounds sus.

England's win ratio between 2016-2019 in ODI s was 64.2%.

Why do you have to fabricate the truth?.
It is called figure of speech. If you didn’t drop out of school you would know. I didn’t bother to check their actual winning rate between 2016-2019 and I still won’t bother to check if your number is correct, because the actual winning percentage of England from 2016-2019 is not the point.

The point is that they were a very powerful ODI team at the time and clearly the best in the world so it wasn’t just a “perform on the day” situation.

They destroyed Australia both home and away in ODIs, they beat India at home, they beat New Zealand at home, they destroyed Pakistan multiple times, they also beat South Africa.

They were also very unlucky not to win the CT in 2017. All in all, England were a fantastic and consistent ODI team in that era and the assertion that they picked players based on what they could do on their day is not correct.

The players that they picked delivered on most days of the week and it was that consistency that helped them beat every team in the world in bilateral series and propel to number one ranking.

The only problem in that team was the mentally weak clown Moeen who was on a one man mission to destroy England’s World Cup campaign and nearly succeeded. He had to booted out of the team midway in the World Cup for England to get their campaign back on track after the mini blip thanks to the losses vs Pakistan, Australia and Sri Lanka.

Imad wouldn’t have had a chance of winning PSL 2020 without Babar’s runs.

Imad’s captaincy is nothing without Babar. We saw what he achieved with his “field management and bowling changes” last year with Karachi when Babar wasn’t there to carry him.

Karachi’s PSL victory in 2020 belongs to Babar not this scam captain.
Nothing wrong in saying Babar played a huge part in their PSL title, but does this logic apply to all instances across all leagues? Or just in this particular scenario? If a winning IPL team had the leading run scorer, does that totally negate the impact of their captain?

Nothing wrong in saying Babar played a huge part in their PSL title, but does this logic apply to all instances across all leagues? Or just in this particular scenario? If a winning IPL team had the leading run scorer, does that totally negate the impact of their captain?
Yes it does if that winning captain starts barking about the leading run scorer after getting dropped from the national team because of that leading run scorer, and then proceeds to flop big time as captain after the leading run scorer left for another franchise.

Don’t blame me. I don’t dictate what happens. I react to what happens. Imad had a golden opportunity to prove that he was not reliant on Babar but he blew that opportunity.

No one asked him to flop so badly as captain last year. Even making the qualifier or eliminator and getting eliminated would have added credibility to his leadership, but no, he fumbled so bad his team finished second from bottom and to add insult to injury, his team finished below Babar’s Zalmi.

PSL 2023 was the ultimate L for Imad and the nonsense narrative that he is some great leader. Not only did it end his career with Karachi, it also ended his PSL captaincy career and now he is playing second fiddle to Shadab.

Imad was a better batsman than Misbah in ODIs.

That tells you what Misbah’s worth is.
To be fair, Misbah would probably have been a better bowler than Imad in ODIs if he bowled.

An average of 65 with the ball vs Australia, India, England, New Zealand and South Africa would have been right up Misbah’s alley.

As I have stated numerous times - Imad’s shocking numbers with the ball in ODIs vs the top sides would put a a part-timer to shame.

Furthermore, Imad’s batting performances in ODIs would have value if Imad was not playing as one of the five frontline bowlers. If he was a sixth bowling option and not expected to bowl his full quota of 10 overs on most days, his terrible bowling wouldn’t have been a big issue.

However, since he played as one of the frontline bowlers, his embarrassing bowling vs the top sides meant that he had an overall negative net effect on the team.

Bro Asif Ali is not selfless, he does not have ability to rotate strike which is why he goes for big shots any chance he gets. Same goes for someone like Azam Khan. It doesn’t make them selfless, they only have two thoughts in their mind either block or go for a big shot.
But why are these types of players willing to take risks, even though the situation isn’t in their favour with 5 fielders on the boundary? Why is Babar unwilling to take those risks with 2 men on the boundary? Did a washed up Guptil not take the risk yesterday and give his team the much needed momentum in the chase yesterday? Why then is Babar still resisting being 30 years old and at the prime of his career? Why are Saim and Harris taking the risks but not Babar? Why is Cadmore ready to smash the spinners in the middle overs but not Babar??

Imad’s W/L ratio as captain without Babar’s brilliance carrying him:

Babar’s win W/L ratio as captain without Imad’s mediocrity dragging him down:

This ends the debate right here. Not only is Babar a far better cricketer and a far better human being, he is also a far better captain.

So you personally know that @Mamoon is involved in promoting Peshawar Zalmi and is connected to them for money?

@Mamoon I would like for you to verify this claim

The thing is, if someone paid me to lie, let's say a huge sum of money that could be life altering.

Then I'd make sure to be subtle about it.

I'd make statements like " Babar did good in this tournament runs wise" while also praising imad for his performance.

I wouldn't go around saying " If I was pcb chairman I'd make sure I would be corrupt and destroy imad forever muhahah"

Or

" Amazing captaincy from Babar, what a decision it was to bowl saim ayub and get tinked for 24 runs in an over, best captain of the tournament ".

Sounds sus.

It’s sus but not everyone is going to be subtle about it. Remember some will chase clout wherever they go but clout is the key to getting PR and that's exactly what one might be doing here.

If someone paid me to lie, I probably would depending on the money received.

But I wouldn't make it so obvious that I start writing " I WILL DESTROY IMAD'S CAREER, MUHAHAHAHAHAH" posts.

I'd be extremely subtle about it.

He's stating he was involved with the Peshawar Zalmi and maybe even got paid by them to promote them in London.

Assuming things about another poster's personal life without any evidence. @Rana please don't be a comedian, I respected you as a poster

Everyone was man. Sarfraz at no 5 has 2 more centuries then misbah.

Do you wanna know who also has more centuries then misbah? His best Ct 2013 buddy, Imran farhat.
Tbf that 2013 96* against West Indies in the CT was a great innings by Misbah, he deserved a hundred and Pakistan nearly scored enough runs to bowl out West Indies on that Oval pitch.

Misbah’s problem was his unnecessary ‘being Gotham’s knight in Armour’ mentality. He thought he was the only guy who could save Pakistan in everything. The depressing period under him was a result of Misbah continuously portraying the negative mindset within the country that he is the only saviour whilst everyone else are unreliable. This kind of negative energy rubbed off on everyone and was nearly impossible to get out of. He didn’t create the environment that encouraged fearless cricket which the batters could enjoy and express themselves openly.

This is why the ‘we pick players for what they can do on their best day’ mantra is very important. You have to give players the freedom to do what they are best for instead of continuously shackling them with the threat of removal upon failure.

Ironically, he only gave this kind of rope to Mohammad Rizwan once he became coach in order to somehow get rid of Sarfaraz at any cost!

It’s sus but not everyone is going to be subtle about it. Remember some will chase clout wherever they go but clout is the key to getting PR and that's exactly what one might be doing here.
I work in the advertising industry man, we try to seek put paid promotions and sponsors all the time.

We've literally gone on multiple Internet forumns to biasely promote, not just doing your traditonal facebook ads etc,( No atm, I'm not promoting cricket lol, I'm promoting Honda 😂 on sites)

Literally the no 1 rule is to be subtle about it, otherwise just like yotube ads, you'll skip em in the first 5 mins or get people to just hate you or give negative press.

You wanna promote in a way that seems natural or a part of the process so that people don't ignore or make fun of you.

It's literally the no 1 rule of advertising, don't make people ignore and the no 2 rule of advertising, attract, don't repel.

You've been inspired by your new mate to write essays. I honestly don't have time like that to respond to all your points when we have already discussed Misbah to death. Nothing new to add there, my stance is the same and so is yours.
Just FYI, a few months back, topspin and I use to disagree multiple times. We literally had a whole argument as to who was the worse captain misbah or babar in which I said babar was worse.

It's just we don't say nonsense stuff like babar can hit 6 4's in a super over and reach 24.

I haven’t claimed I know. Read my post carefully, I have said that I sense this could be a reason to why Mamoon has suddenly shifted his entire focus on promoting Babar and is against Imad all of a sudden. Nor have I implied Mamoon is getting paid for this. I wouldn’t doubt Mamoon has links with PZ heirarchy. He is a good cricket analyst in general and hails from Peshawar elite. It’s just my assumption, but yes I would apologise if this is an incorrect assumption on my behalf.

Okay fair enough. But your fan base takes your words literally and is now even going on about their personal experiences in subtle advertising.

You're a star bro. Just remember with great power comes great responsibility

what do you say about Nawaz's last over vs india in the t20 worldcup 2022?

I work in the advertising industry man, we try to seek put paid promotions and sponsors all the time.

We've literally gone on multiple Internet forumns to biasely promote, not just doing your traditonal facebook ads etc,( No atm, I'm not promoting cricket lol, I'm promoting Honda 😂 on sites)

Literally the no 1 rule is to be subtle about it, otherwise just like yotube ads, you'll skip em in the first 5 mins or get people to just hate you or give negative press.

You wanna promote in a way that seems natural or a part of the process so that people don't ignore or make fun of you.

It's literally the no 1 rule of advertising, don't make people ignore and the no 2 rule of advertising, attract, don't repel.

I guess those connected with Pakistani cricket follow different standards. :ROFLMAO:

I have a question given your experience in advertising. Would you say the ads we see in PSL like Tapal Tea moments are subtle and professional?

As I said it earlier, it is very easy to conn Pakistani fans. All you need to do is do two things:

1. Maintain poor individual stats because that creates the impression that you are playing for the team and sacrificing your wicket. If you have good stats, it means that you are playing for yourself.

Babar's selfishness has been ruthlessly exposed by Imad, Wasim Akram and Simon Doull. The latter is a neutral commie. They've all made damning statements about Babar's inability to take care of the best interests of his team. But I guess they're all trying to conn Pakistan fans right?

It is called figure of speech. If you didn’t drop out of school you would know. I didn’t bother to check their actual winning rate between 2016-2019 and I still won’t bother to check if your number is correct, because the actual winning percentage of England from 2016-2019 is not the point.

The point is that they were a very powerful ODI team at the time and clearly the best in the world so it wasn’t just a “perform on the day” situation.

They destroyed Australia both home and away in ODIs, they beat India at home, they beat New Zealand at home, they destroyed Pakistan multiple times, they also beat South Africa.

They were also very unlucky not to win the CT in 2017. All in all, England were a fantastic and consistent ODI team in that era and the assertion that they picked players based on what they could do on their day is not correct.

The players that they picked delivered on most days of the week and it was that consistency that helped them beat every team in the world in bilateral series and propel to number one ranking.

The only problem in that team was the mentally weak clown Moeen who was on a one man mission to destroy England’s World Cup campaign and nearly succeeded. He had to booted out of the team midway in the World Cup for England to get their campaign back on track after the mini blip thanks to the losses vs Pakistan, Australia and Sri Lanka.

Lets address your first point.
School dropout? Takes one to know one :bumble2 .

Moving swiftly on. Your missing the point.

England sat down and decided the style of play they wanted and the players they thought could best execute those plans alongside a core group of players like morgan, stokes, Butler.

The one thing that england focused on was a long batting line up with bowlers who were capable players with the bat like woakes coming in at 8 to get them over the line in tight games.

That is and was a successful blueprint to follow.

At the time they pushed boundaries with the bat with that ultra aggressive approach which caught a lot of teams of guard but also meant the danger was there of being bowled out cheaply aswell.

Lastly quit crying about CT 17 your team lost. its been 7 years and your still crying about it.

Get over it.:sarf2

I guess those connected with Pakistani cricket follow different standards. :ROFLMAO:

I have a question given your experience in advertising. Would you say the ads we see in PSL like Tapal Tea moments are subtle and professional?
Those ads are done for a different reason. Their pretty Their because psl is a big sporting event and their way way too many people so someone is bound to get attracted to the product and purchase it since you're targeting a bunch of people it's impossible to create a customer profile.

So these types of mass advertising and product placement ads are AlrightE.

The ads I create are a bit more subtle, since first the strategy team needs to create a customer profile and identify the target audience.

Suppose the target audience are kids?, and I'm making a choclate ad, then I'll probably make a cg choclate ad on houdini featuring kid like animations and the company will post those ads on YouTube kids since babies don't got the knowledge to skip ads lol.

But if its an ad targeting woman, then gotta be more subtle, maybe make pink flyers and paste them on malls or try direct product placement by approaching them directly and talking about a certain product or giving free samples, or creaye a website and select female type keywords on Google for Google ad links to websites

Honestly it all really depends person to person which is why creating a consumer profile is more important ( consumer profile = Mean age, mean gender, mean job occupation, mean interests etc etc).

Similarly if its an ad targeting everyone, then just paste them on a psl or sporting event since someone is bound to get interested.

Babar's selfishness has been ruthlessly exposed by Imad, Wasim Akram and Simon Doull. The latter is a neutral commie. They've all made damning statements. But I guess they're all trying to conn Pakistan fans right?
Who is Simon Doull? A rubbish former cricketer who is not worthy of lacing Babar’s boots and is known for his mediocre, biased and agenda driven commentary.

As far as Wasim Akram is concerned, he doesn’t have the courage to take over the coaching job. He would rather sit on tv and earn easy money from nonsense shows like the Pavillion than coach Pakistan.

If he has the solution to Pakistan’s problems, get out of the studio and help the team. If you are in a position to help and you don’t help, your “pearls of wisdom” mean absolutely nothing.

This is why in spite of his great cricketing achievements that I deeply respect, I and no one should pay any heed to what he says because he is an armchair critic and unlike other armchair critics, he is in a position to make a difference which makes him worse than others.

Besides, he was the Karachi Kings President when Babar carried his team to the title in 2020. Why didn’t he “ruthlessly expose” Babar then? He didn’t have a problem with Babar’s batting approach in the format when he won the title for him.

The exact same thing applies to Imad too. The only thing they have “exposed” is that they are blithering hypocrites.

Lets address your first point.
School dropout? Takes one to know one :bumble2 .

Moving swiftly on. Your missing the point.

England sat down and decided the style of play they wanted and the players they thought could best execute those plans alongside a core group of players like morgan, stokes, Butler.

The one thing that england focused on was a long batting line up with bowlers who were capable players with the bat like woakes coming in at 8 to get them over the line in tight games.

That is and was a successful blueprint to follow.

At the time they pushed boundaries with the bat with that ultra aggressive approach which caught a lot of teams of guard but also meant the danger was there of being bowled out cheaply aswell.

Lastly quit crying about CT 17 your team lost. its been 7 years and your still crying about it.

Get over it.:sarf2
I agree with what you have said here regarding England’s tactics and approach.

I am simply objecting @Rana’s assessment that England picked players based on the principle that they could win games on their day, in other words, they sacrificed consistency for impact.

However, that is not the case - England opted to play a certain brand of cricket, and they picked the best players that could implement that brand of cricket and these players were extremely consistent and what they did.

This is very interesting. Out of all active, top 10 ranked international sides, the top 3 bowlers with the best economy rates are

1. Sunil Narine (Active in T20, not in international atm)
2. Rashid Khan
3. Imad Wasim

Phenomenal statistic. Pakistan are stupid to not utilise him.

This is very interesting. Out of all active, top 10 ranked international sides, the top 3 bowlers with the best economy rates are

2. Rashid Khan
3. Imad Wasim

Excellent find and a good shut down to all those who're obsessed about his average.

As far as Wasim Akram is concerned, he doesn’t have the courage to take over the coaching job. He would rather sit on tv and earn easy money from nonsense shows like the Pavillion than coach Pakistan.

If he has the solution to Pakistan’s problems, get out of the studio and help the team. If you are in a position to help and you don’t help, your “pearls of wisdom” mean absolutely nothing.

One of his brothers used to drive a taxi in Toronto to make ends meet. He can't even help his own kin, Pakistan ka isne khak karna hai

2. Rashid Khan
3. Imad Wasim

Excellent find and a good shut down to all those who're obsessed about his average.
18 bowlers had better economy rate than Imad in his last proper international assignment - the 2021 T20 World Cup.

He had an economy rate of 8.33 in the semifinal vs Australia and was one of the reasons why Pakistan failed to defend the total.

So much for his “strong mentality” and “big match temperament”.

One of his brothers used to drive a taxi in Toronto to make ends meet. He can't even help his own kin, Pakistan ka isne khak karna hai
That is a not a big deal for someone who sold off a World Cup quarterfinal to his arch rivals.

At least with Babar you always know that he is giving his 100% and his loyalties are not for sale.

That is a not a big deal for someone who sold off a World Cup quarterfinal to his arch rivals.

At least with Babar you always know that he is giving his 100% and his loyalties are not for sale.

I'd rather take an imperfect winner than a perfect loser.

I don't know about you, but I will garner lots of support for this thought.

I'd rather take an imperfect winner than a perfect loser.

I don't know about you, but I will garner lots of support for this thought.
Just say that you are an advocate of match-fixing.

Babar Azam 39 off 34….
In spite of Babar’s less than explosive innings, Pakistan still posed an imposing total and Shaheen’s magic with the new ball reduced Australia to 13/1 in 3 overs.

The current run rate was 4.3 and the required run rate was 9.6

That is when Imad triggered his “strong mentality” and “big match temperament” to concede 17 runs in and Australia were right back in it. 🤡

Crazy how this is now the most popular thread.

Imad waseem is literally living rent free in everyone's heads, not just all of pindi 😂.

In spite of Babar’s less than explosive innings, Pakistan still posed an imposing total and Shaheen’s magic with the new ball reduced Australia to 13/1 in 3 overs.

That is when Imad triggered his “strong mentality” and “big match temperament” to concede 17 runs in and Australia were right back in it. 🤡
What did history teach us from this? That it wouldn’t be the first or last time Babar’s overdoing of using a spinner would give the momentum to the opposition. He didn’t learn from his mistake, and yesterday paid for it with Saim Ayub’s 3rd over to Guptil

Shaheen ironically lost us that game, but clearly you're too focused on imad.

Cricket is a team game, if you're going to blame imad, blame shaheen and Babar as well.

And no that was not an imposing total, I still have that forumn, everyone even before Australia batted were saying The target was atleast 20 runs short.

9 Rr is not difficult in a t20 game especially when haider and inad chased down an rr of 10-12 despite being 4 wickets down.

All that's needed is a partnership, Babar and shaheen botched it as much as imad did that day. The argument goes both ways. Don't pretend like you're an unbiased individual when you're literally making statements such as

" I were pcb chairman, I'd do everything in my power to ruin imad waseem's life".

Just because Wasim Akram doesn't conform to your cult following of Babar, you're now bringing his personal life and his relationship with his family into it. That's a low blow. I thought you were better than that.

Also, assuming what you say is true, we don't know what the nature of their relationship is. Before you assume the worst of Wasim Akram, have you ever thought maybe his brother doesn't want to beg or take his brother's money?

Imagine getting so triggered about his sentiments, you've decided to go down the road of defaming him. I'm sorry to say but you've taken cult following to another level.

Just because Wasim Akram doesn't conform to your cult following of Babar, you're now bringing his personal life and his relationship with his family into it. That's a low blow. I thought you were better than that.

Also, assuming what you say is true, we don't know what the nature of their relationship is. Before you assume the worst of Wasim Akram, have you ever thought maybe his brother doesn't want to beg or take his brother's money?

Imagine getting so triggered about his sentiments, you've decided to go down the road of defaming him. I'm sorry to say but you've taken cult following to another level.
Bro this cult is evil enough to literally wish that they were chairman in order to ruin a single cricketers life?

And we wonder why their is so much corruption in the country lol.

What did history teach us from this? That it wouldn’t be the first or last time Babar’s overdoing of using a spinner would give the momentum to the opposition. He didn’t learn from his mistake, and yesterday paid for it with Saim Ayub’s 3rd over to Guptil
It was Imad’s second over. He always bowls at least two overs in the PP. He is never taken off after one over only.

Had Babar not given him the second over and someone else has bowled and got tonked, your narrative would have been that Babar made a mistake by not continuing with Imad because if he did, he would have bowled another economical over (after conceding only 5 in his first over) and Australia would have been pushed further on the back-foot.

Nevertheless, that game taught us that Imad is a fraud of a cricketer who should be dropped.

Babar thought so too and Imad was dropped after that game and then he ran off and cried in the media like a child runs of the principal’s office in school after getting bullied by another kid.

It was Imad’s second over. He always bowls at least two overs in the PP. He is never taken off after one over only.

Had Babar not given him the second over and someone else has bowled and got tonked, your narrative would have been that Babar made a mistake by not continuing with Imad because if he did, he would have bowled another economical over (after conceding only 5 in his first over) and Australia would have been pushed further on the back-foot.

Nevertheless, that game taught us that Imad is a fraud of a cricketer who should be dropped.

Babar thought so too and Imad was dropped after that game and then he ran off and cried in the media like a child runs of the principal’s office in school after getting bullied by another kid.
So the child should continue getting bullied instead? 😂,

Ridiculous analogy.

Shaheen ironically lost us that game, but clearly you're too focused on imad.

Cricket is a team game, if you're going to blame imad, blame shaheen and Babar as well.

And no that was not an imposing total, I still have that forumn, everyone even before Australia batted were saying The target was atleast 20 runs short.

9 Rr is not difficult in a t20 game especially when haider and inad chased down an rr of 10-12 despite being 4 wickets down.

All that's needed is a partnership, Babar and shaheen botched it as much as imad did that day. The argument goes both ways. Don't pretend like you're an unbiased individual when you're literally making statements such as

" I were pcb chairman, I'd do everything in my power to ruin imad waseem's life".
No one asked Imad to not bowl economically in that game. The so-called most economical bowler in the history of this universe who never concedes a run summoned and has a so-called big game temperament completely bottled it.

No one asked Imad to not bowl economically in that game. The so-called most economical bowler in the history of this universe who never concedes a run summoned and has a so-called big game temperament completely bottled it.
Isn't ir ironic how you're highlighting that one game in which imad didn't bowled economically due to babar's decision on bringing him on

Bur praising saim ayub for conceding 24 runs in an over as the sole reason for why babar is the greatest psl captain?

And how you're deliberately ignoring what shaheen did? And how badly babar played? And how babar consistently is unable to calm his team down leading to overthrown and dropped catches?

It's almost as if his psl game and 2021 game follow the exact same pattern?

What a captain everybody.

Bro this cult is evil enough to literally wish that they were chairman in order to ruin a single cricketers life?

And we wonder why their is so much corruption in the country lol.

You see I make no secret about how much I despise Misbah because of what he did to destroy Pakistan cricket which I've always backed up with pure cricketing reasons and facts. I would never bring his personal life nor his family into it because I wouldn't stoop that low.

As we all know, Wasim Akram was a champion cricketer and one the greatest players to have ever graced the sport. @daytrader has no room to target him for his cricketing ability, so he's gone down the path of bringing his personal life and family relationships into it.

Back