[EXCLUSIVE] "You never know, I can take my retirement back": Imad Wasim

Oh boy the Imad haters and the Babar fanatics won’t be able to sleep tonight
I think they will sleep like a baby knowing that Imad the captain has a W/L ratio of only 0.43 without Babar carrying him.

yes 2 games performance and 10 games of failure means he should be in the international team :rolleyes:
That’s how England picked their 2016-2022 white ball teams

They picked players for what they can do on their best day. That’s how a team that wants to win a championship works.

Mike Hesson and his support staff knew this well, they were rewarded.

I think they will sleep like a baby knowing that Imad the captain has a W/L ratio of only 0.43 without Babar carrying him.
Well it’s poetic justice now that Imad became the reason Saya Corporation couldn’t have their grande banquet finale with Babar in the final against Rizwan :ROFLMAO:

He's a nothing cricketer which some of our fan base make him out as a world beater.

He's an average/just above average player when it comes to his skills. But you have to admit he's one of the strongest (if not the strongest) players that Pakistan has mentally?

No one has made him out to be a world beater.

His bowling is part time level in odis and his fielding is awful.

He is a defensive bowler and he's very good at that. Check his T20I and ODI bowling economy rates for yourself.

What you need to understand is, his role has never been to take wickets.

His fielding isn't great.

To top it off he has pathetic attitude and thinks of himself as a superstar when he's a poor man's shadab who has out performed him when they played together most of the times.

Can you give me at least two examples of his pathetic attitude?

Shadab is an inferior batsman. He's got better wicket taking ability than Imad but these days he's usually super expensive because most teams (T20 franchise and international level) have worked him out.

Imad is certainly not a "poor man's Shadab". An over the hill Imad is better than Shadab who's in his prime.

Just look at their performances in ICC tournaments shadab is miles ahead.

Shadab was trash in the 2023 ODI WC and should never have started any games for Pakistan. Imad was badly missed but he was sidelined by Babar due to his agenda, it's very easy to make such claims but you and I both know Imad was needed by Pakistan.

Now can you answer me why you dislike shadab so much when he's performed far better than Imad?

There's a few reasons but I'll discuss the main one because I don't want to derail the thread.

Shadab was part of the clique that was led by Babar. He knew he was going to be automatic selection on the basis of his friendship with him, so became more care free in terms of attitude regarding work ethic and dedication to practice. This is why he's regressed as a cricketer.

I can believe after last year's PSL, 2023 WC and after having watched the game today, you can have the audacity to claim that Imad is a poor man's Shadab.

That’s how England picked their 2016-2022 white ball teams

They picked players for what they can do on their best day. That’s how a team that wants to win a championship works.

Mike Hesson and his support staff knew this well, they were rewarded.
England won 99% of the ODI series that they played between 2016 and 2019 and eventually won the World Cup too.

They picked their best players and they played high class ODI cricket consistently. It had nothing to do with any of this “best day” and “on their day” nonsense.

England won 99% of the ODI series that they played between 2016 and 2019 and eventually won the World Cup too.

They picked their best players and they played high class ODI cricket consistently. It had nothing to do with any of this “best day” and “on their day” nonsense.
Nonsense? Listen to their interviews. It’s clearly argued that England have a mantra of picking players for what they can do on their best day.

I don’t disagree with the assertion that Imad is mentally strong.

You have to be to walk around with a chip on your shoulder and have an ego after averaging 65 with the ball in ODIs v the top sides as a frontline spinner.

A mentally weaker person wouldn’t be able to show his face in public after embarrassing himself like this.

Nonsense? Listen to their interviews. It’s clearly argued that England have a mantra of picking players for what they can do on their best day.
I don’t need to listen to their interviews because a lot of what cricketers say don’t align with what happens on the pitch.

The amount of talk that has come out of England in the Bazball era should help people understand that what cricketers say usually mean absolutely nothing.

England between 2015 and 2019 played incredible ODI cricket and they were one of the most consistently successful sides in history which means that their players brought their best most of the time.

It wasn’t like they had 11 Shahid Afridis in the team who fired once in 10 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 MOTM performances in eliminators whilst your beloved Babar chokes once again as captain and with bat in hand because he's a mental midget.

Babar is a serial loser, who has yet to win anything for Pakistan Men's Team, U19s nor for any PSL Franchise as captain.

I don’t need to listen to their interviews because a lot of what cricketers say don’t align with what happens on the pitch.

The amount of BS that has come out of England in the Bazball era should help people understand that what cricketers say usually mean absolutely nothing.

England between 2015 and 2019 played incredible ODI cricket and they were one of the most consistently successful sides in history which means that their players brought their best most of the time.

It wasn’t like they had 11 Shahid Afridis in the team who fired once in 10 games.

“I’m not worried about Jonny at all,’ said the captain. ‘Any criticism of him is external noise to me and the team. Knocks like his 78 in the first Test are absolute gold dust down the order. We pick teams and players for what they can do on their best days.’”

You thought I was making up the ‘picking players for what they can do on their best days’ thing?

It’s the reason why Butler will pick Usama Mir again for his Hundred squad. They are a brilliant side at giving players an environment to thrive

Whilst England pick players for what they can offer on their best days

And Islamabad United have been rewarded following this policy

Yeah ok if that’s what you think so.

Not that anyone cares

Some logic that :ROFLMAO:

2024 ISLU > 2023 KK - so he's obviously going to have more chance of winning matches with his current side.

“I’m not worried about Jonny at all,’ said the captain. ‘Any criticism of him is external noise to me and the team. Knocks like his 78 in the first Test are absolute gold dust down the order. We pick teams and players for what they can do on their best days.’”

You thought I was making up the ‘picking players for what they can do on their best days’ thing?

It’s the reason why Butler will pick Usama Mir again for his Hundred squad. They are a brilliant side at giving players an environment to thrive
As I said, I don’t care what the players say. What players or coaches say rarely align with what happens on the field.

It is funny how you quoted the fraudulent captain Stokes. This is what he said in the aftermath of the humiliation in India:

“Bazball, in my opinion is wanting to be a better player. In the face of defeat and failure, Bazball will hopefully inspire people to become better players and become even better than what we are.”

This is great to know because before Bazball was invented, coaches and captains around the world were hoping to inspire players to get worse.

As I said, I don’t care what the players say. What players or coaches say rarely align with what happens on the field.

It is funny how you quoted the fraudulent captain Stokes. This is what he said in the aftermath of the humiliation in India:

“Bazball, in my opinion is wanting to be a better player. In the face of defeat and failure, Bazball will hopefully inspire people to become better players and become even better than what we are.”

This is great to know because before Bazball was invented, coaches and captains around the world were hoping to inspire players to get worse.
The term Bazball is nonsense but the idea of what they follow is indeed inspirational. They PUMMELLED Pakistan away from home applying this mindset. They have been a phenomenal Test side, and a lot of young English cricketers are indeed inspired to watch Test cricket because of Stokes and their approach.

He’s also not having one of his best days here :ROFLMAO:

Which is exactly why he's diminishing Imad's role by giving all the credit to Shadab and tarnishing his record from last year. Imad has given a fair few heartburn today :ROFLMAO:

Some logic that :ROFLMAO:

2024 ISLU > 2023 KK - so he's obviously going to have more chance of winning matches with his current side.
But Imad is supposed to be some genius captain - why couldn’t he inspire a weak Karachi to success last year?

And it was weak because Karachi and Imad’s captaincy are nothing without Babar.

W/L of 0.43 without Babar carrying him says everything.

Which is exactly why he's diminishing Imad's role by giving all the credit to Shadab and tarnishing his record from last year. Imad has given a fair few heartburn today :ROFLMAO:
They will look at Imad’s ODI bowling average to give themselves some mental peace before trying to sleep

But Imad is supposed to be some genius captain - why couldn’t he inspire a weak Karachi to success last year?

And it was weak because Karachi and Imad’s captaincy are nothing without Babar.

W/L of 0.43 without Babar carrying him says everything.
You keep making this mistake of bringing him down. You should know that in comparison to Babar, Imad and even Shan are indeed like Oppenheimer and Einstein when it comes to cricket captaincy and leadership

The term Bazball is nonsense but the idea of what they follow is indeed inspirational. They PUMMELLED Pakistan away from home applying this mindset. They have been a phenomenal Test side, and a lot of young English cricketers are indeed inspired to watch Test cricket because of Stokes and their approach.
Pummeling Pakistan in Pakistan is not an achievement especially when PCB was laying out dead wickets.

Bazball was exposed when they failed to beat Australia at home and the drubbing in India has only added to the humiliation.

I do agree that Bazball is bringing more eyeballs. We all want to watch England lose in the Bazball era and for Stokes to get exposed as the fraud cricketer and captain that he is.

You keep making this mistake of bringing him down. You should know that in comparison to Babar, Imad and even Shan are indeed like Oppenheimer and Einstein when it comes to cricket captaincy and leadership
Who asked Imad to finish below Babar last year and who asked Masood to finish below Babar this year?

The drama of Imad’s captaincy ended in tears last year and the drama of Masood’s captaincy has ended in tears in the PSL and will soon end in tears in Test cricket as well.

Exactly, it's a comparative analysis. Instead of the mental gymnastics and spin, the question that still hasn't been answered by the pro-Babar/anti-Imad brigade is who's the superior captain out of Babar and Imad. I expect them to avoid acknowledging that the latter is the better leader.

I also don't expect them to have the cojones to admit nor deny this because they're in a no win situation. Either way it will expose their credibility on such matters. If they choose to admit it, they will have to swallow up their pride and accept that they were somewhat ignorant to vouch for Babar's captaincy during the Sarfraz era. If they choose to deny it, their track record of delusion will become even more apparent than what it already is.

He's an average/just above average player when it comes to his skills. But you have to admit he's one of the strongest (if not the strongest) players that Pakistan has mentally?

No one has made him out to be a world beater.

He is a defensive bowler and he's very good at that. Check his T20I and ODI bowling economy rates for yourself.

What you need to understand is, his role has never been to take wickets.

His fielding isn't great.

Can you give me at least two examples of his pathetic attitude?

Shadab is an inferior batsman. He's got better wicket taking ability than Imad but these days he's usually super expensive because most teams (T20 franchise and international level) have worked him out.

Imad is certainly not a "poor man's Shadab". An over the hill Imad is better than Shadab who's in his prime.

Shadab was trash in the 2023 ODI WC and should never have started any games for Pakistan. Imad was badly missed but he was sidelined by Babar due to his agenda, it's very easy to make such claims but you and I both know Imad was needed by Pakistan.

There's a few reasons but I'll discuss the main one because I don't want to derail the thread.

Shadab was part of the clique that was led by Babar. He knew he was going to be automatic selection on the basis of his friendship with him, so became more care free in terms of attitude regarding work ethic and dedication to practice. This is why he's regressed as a cricketer.

I can believe after last year's PSL, 2023 WC and after having watched the game today, you can have the audacity to claim that Imad is a poor man's Shadab.
Thank you for admitting he's an average player. Exactly my point. It's a myth he's mentally strong. We are yet to see it. Just because he won a few games don't make you mentally strong. He went missing on quite a number of occasions on international level and the only game he actually finished was against Afghanistan.

Imad has played 1 t20 WC where he was comfortably out played by shadab. It's not even close.

They also played 1 50wc where again shadab comfortably outplayed him. Imad averaged nearly 100 with the ball!!

Shadab is rubbish too don't get me wrong and doesn't deserve a spot in the odi team like Imad but for t20 he's better than Imad. In 2 t20 wc's hes played he's been one of our best performers in both of them. The problem is you watch the games where Imad performs and completely ignore the fact that he was one of the worst players in this PSL before the last couple of games.

Shadab has far more runs than him and more wickets though Imad has better economy. You are just basing it on the last couple of games.

Exactly, it's a comparative analysis. Instead of the mental gymnastics and spin, the question that still hasn't been answered by the pro-Babar/anti-Imad brigade is who's the superior captain out of Babar and Imad. I expect them to avoid acknowledging that the latter is the better leader.
I have literally answered this question a dozen times.

Imad’s W/L ratio as captain without Babar is 0.43

Babar’s W/L ratio as captain is 1.1

Babar is almost twice as good as Imad as captain. The Imad captaincy drama ended in 2023 when he had a golden chance to prove that he was not dependent on Babar’s runs.

However, he failed big time and to add insult to injury, his team finished below Babar’s.

Imad the captain is nothing without Babar carrying him.

Biggest scams in Pakistan cricket:

• Imad’s captaincy
  • Masood’s captaincy
  • Naseem’s wicket taking ability
  • Shadab’s batting
  • Abdullah Shafique’s technique

@Mamoon brother

Let me just tell you the exact point where Babar lost the game for his team as a captain. Bowling a 3rd over of Saim Ayub in the powerplay against Martin Guptill, who he (Babar) should have quickly assessed and understood that this guy is looking like he is in good touch. Who in their right mind bowls a net tiger like Saim against a bonafide white ball giant of his time like Guptill?? What was Babar thinking? That he is asking Saim to bowl a 3rd over against a player of his own skill set at the crease??

Those 22 runs were the exact point where Babar blacked out as a leader. He surely knew at that moment that this game is going to end like it always does for him.

• Imad’s captaincy
  • Masood’s captaincy
  • Shadab’s batting
Can you also add

• Babar’s T20 opening greatness

Imad cult cannot answer a simple question - why did Imad’s Karachi fail so badly in PSL 2023 and why did he finish below Babar when he is apparently a much better captain?

Don’t give me this explanation that Karachi had a weak team.

So what? If Imad is such a great captain and leader, why couldn’t he inspire the weak squad to punch above their weight?

If Imad, like any other captain, needs a strong squad, than what is all this bhangra about his great leadership for?

@topspin @Rana @mominsaigol

Please answer this question without weak deflection.

• Imad’s captaincy
  • Masood’s captaincy
  • Shadab’s batting
Shafiques technique isnt an issue, its the lack of games he has played as a professional cricketer in domestic which is an issue. He needs more play time and more domestic game.

TO be fair, amongst all the allrounders we have played, Shadab has more batting skill. He is not a muscle guy but he can hit the ball with time and technique. If he plays a first class season and bats in the middle, and scores runs, i wont mind him to be in the middle order on merit.

I also don't expect them to have the cojones to admit nor deny this because they're in a no win situation. Either way it will expose their credibility on such matters. If they choose to admit it, they will have to swallow up their pride and accept that they were somewhat ignorant to vouch for Babar's captaincy during the Sarfraz era. If they choose to deny it, their track record of delusion will become even more apparent than what it already is.
Let them be brother. What good is it to have ungrateful people for a day or two admit ‘Imad is a good cricketer’? They will turn back to their old ways as soon as players they hate have a lean patch. It’s better to just rub salt on their wounds on days like this, and just keep reminding them about it again and again.

Imad cult cannot answer a simple question - why did Imad’s Karachi fail so badly in PSL 2023 and why did he finish below Babar when he is apparently a much better captain?

Don’t give me this explanation that Karachi had a weak team.

So what? If Imad is such a great captain and leader, why couldn’t he inspire the weak squad to punch above their weight?

If Imad, like any other captain, needs a strong squad, than what is all this bhangra about his great leadership for?

@topspin @Rana @mominsaigol

Please answer this question without weak deflection.
He did it better than Babar who lost 9/10 games for KK

Let them be brother. What good is it to have ungrateful people for a day or two admit ‘Imad is a good cricketer’? They will turn back to their old ways as soon as players they hate have a lean patch. It’s better to just rub salt on their wounds on days like this, and just keep reminding them about it again and again.
so you are just admitting that you wait for the one off Imad performance and take it as an oppurtunity to rub salt on wounds.
Come one bro, that is just desperation.

If a player was good, you wouldn't wait for opputunities because you would confident that the player is good enough to perform in majority of the game and let his performance talk for him

@Mamoon brother

Let me just tell you the exact point where Babar lost the game for his team as a captain. Bowling a 3rd over of Saim Ayub in the powerplay against Martin Guptill, who he (Babar) should have quickly assessed and understood that this guy is looking like he is in good touch. Who in their right mind bowls a net tiger like Saim against a bonafide white ball giant of his time like Guptill?? What was Babar thinking? That he is asking Saim to bowl a 3rd over against a player of his own skill set at the crease??

Those 22 runs were the exact point where Babar blacked out as a leader. He surely knew at that moment that this game is going to end like it always does for him.
You would have said the same if Saim would have been tonked in his first over but instead, he dismissed Hales and gave Peshawar an early advantage.

You would have said the same if the Saim experiment with the ball never worked in the first place.

In short, you are only looking at situations where things didn’t work for Babar and want to build a narrative around it.

If Imad was captaining Saim and Saim would have bowled and had the impact that he has had, you would be using it as an example to praise his innovative captaincy and outside the box thinking.

He did it better than Babar who lost 9/10 games for KK
He finished below Babar while playing vs the same opposition that Babar played.

The year before had different opposition squads and different strengths.

So please explain, without weak deflection, why Imad the great captain finished below Babar while playing the exact same opposition?

Also, as per you, Babar is a terrible T20 opener so perhaps in 2022, he was being held back by his own performance.

In 2023, Imad had the luxury of not having Babar the terrible opener in his team, so why did he fail miserably and also finished below Babar?

You would have said the same if Saim would have been tonked in his first over but instead, he dismissed Hales and gave Peshawar an early advantage.

You would have said the same if the Saim experiment with the ball never worked in the first place.

In short, you are only looking at situations where things didn’t work for Babar and want to build a narrative around it.

If Imad was captaining Saim and Saim would have bowled and had the impact that he has had, you would be using it as an example to praise his innovative captaincy and outside the box thinking.
No I’m not looking for a situation. I’m TELLING you the exact moment where Babar had played his hand and his usual incompetence as captain struck, it was the pivotal moment.

You got one cheap over and a wicket from Saim…great (take the money and run)

You got another decent over out of Saim and another wicket (Guptil is still there, his head, hands and feet are looking in solid tandem….great, now take the money and run!!)

But you had to be over smart didn’t you? This 3rd over and the assault by Guptil may also have ended Saim potentially becoming a powerplay bowling option for Pakistan. Any team now would know to just line up Saim and delete him to cow corner.

Of all PSL captains, only Babar has bestowed his franchise with 1 win and 9 losses. No other captain in the tournament's history has managed to accumulate just two points after the group stage.

Babar has had numerous opportunities to win something for his side whether it be in the PSL or when he was playing for the Pakistan U19s or during his disastrous 4 year stint from 2019 till 2023.

The guy is a serial loser. Anyone who thinks Babar is a functional captain, let alone superior to Imad, is lying through their teeth.

But the delusion doesn't end there. We have someone who's recently entered the pro-Babar camp after spending most of his years on here bashing him and now wants him to be reinstated as Pakistan captain.

Of all PSL captains, only Babar has bestowed his franchise with 1 win and 9 losses. No other captain in the tournament's history has managed to accumulate just two points after the group stage.

Babar has had numerous opportunities to win something for his side whether it be in the PSL or when he was playing for the Pakistan U19s or during his disastrous 4 year stint from 2019 till 2023.

The guy is a serial loser. Anyone who thinks Babar is a functional captain, let alone superior to Imad, is lying through their teeth.

But the delusion doesn't end there. We have someone who's recently entered the pro-Babar camp after spending most of his years on here bashing him and now wants him to be reinstated as Pakistan captain.:ROFLMAO:
That’s why for his sake I am especially praying in this Ramadhan for Babar to be re-appointed as captain of Pakistan

I want his supporters to have Full Tassali

So stupid to credit Imad's PSL win entirely to Babar...no doubt Babar had a good season with the bat but it's not like he was the one managing the field and changing bowlers

That’s why for his sake I am especially praying in this Ramadhan for Babar to be re-appointed as captain of Pakistan

I want his supporters to have Full Tassali

Well that's certainly not going to happen any time soon after his showing today but yes I actually wouldn't mind the pro-Babar cult getting their wish for their hero to lead the side in what would be an one last dance, since things aren't going to be any different with Rizwan at the helm.

So stupid to credit Imad's PSL win entirely to Babar...no doubt Babar had a good season with the bat but it's not like he was the one managing the field and changing bowlers
That’s a separate discussion point

Not sure if his supporters can explain if it was actually Babar who was ringing the bowling changes or if it was Darren Sammy sending messages through boundary riders to Babar

Not sure if his supporters can explain if it was actually Babar who was ringing the bowling changes or if it was Darren Sammy sending messages through boundary riders to Babar

That's seriously embarrassing. After all this mentorship he's received from Sammy, who's always been there to hold his hand, he still fails. Just goes to show Babar is not a functional captain let alone even comparable to Imad.

That's seriously embarrassing. After all this mentorship he's received from Sammy, who's always been there to hold his hand, he still fails. Just goes to show Babar is not a functional captain let alone even comparable to Imad.
Mamoon will tell you Babar is the mastermind of the bowling changes….I call b.s

We have seen in 4 years of Babar’s torturous captaincy for Pakistan that he doesn’t have the wit or know how to use spinners and part timers in powerplay’s to upset the batting team’s preparations. He relied solely on Pacers to get him through the powerplay, and then Shadab and Nawaz to bowl post powerplay

It’s the reason why they removed Imad because they knew Imad would get him through 2-3 decent powerplay overs, but for that to happen Imad would have to bowl the first over. That’s a big no no for Babar and Saya corporation because Shaheen has to bow the first over according to this group and look to sniff an early wicket.

Mamoon will tell you Babar is the mastermind of the bowling changes….I call b.s

We have seen in 4 years of Babar’s torturous captaincy for Pakistan that he doesn’t have the wit or know how to use spinners and part timers in powerplay’s to upset the batting team’s preparations. He relied solely on Pacers to get him through the powerplay, and then Shadab and Nawaz to bowl post powerplay

He wants everyone to give Babar credit for opening the bowling with Saim Ayub but not willing to acknowledge his fault of giving him that extra over where he conceded 22 runs. Bowling 3 overs of spin during the powerplay on a wicket which isn't even that slow is just a brain dead move.

It’s the reason why they removed Imad because they knew Imad would get him through 2-3 decent powerplay overs, but for that to happen Imad would have to bowl the first over. That’s a big no no for Babar and Saya corporation because Shaheen has to bow the first over according to this group and look to sniff an early wicket.

Babar, Rizwan and everyone else at Saya Corp owe Imad a public apology.

Babar failed to realize for 4 years of his captaincy to try other bowlers and stuck to plan A.

Come PSL, suddenly he had a brainwave to try Saim and lo and behold it worked.

Sure, very believable.

More likely it was Sammy who suggested Saim and Babar decided to go with the flow.

The proof is that he kept on bowling Saim for 3 straight overs because as we already know, he doesnt have any plan B.

Other captains might have thought I'll try something else.

But Babar kept bowling Saim till he got hit out of the park forever.

Imad is a clear pick ahead of nawaz then and now but he has retired and is no more in the picture for selection. And his comparison with babar makes no sense, why? because people are just making comparison because imad took a dig against babar earlier that he is not a t20 player while he himself could not find a spot in the teams because he was simply not interested in playing the domestic.

Not sure how a thread about Imad got this many replies. He’s an average player who chose to do league cricket and TV commentary instead of prioritize making it back into the national team. Despite this, he was well on his way to being back in the team when he randomly announced his retirement.

He’s had a couple good matches but overall failed very badly during this tournament. Yes, his performances came at the right time, but 2/10 is not that impressive and he’s not that much of a power hitter. His T20 SR is less than that of Babar despite him coming lower down the order.

I quite liked him back in the day, but I never thought it was a good idea for current players to be doing TV commentary discussing their teammates. Additionally, he is a Mohammad Nawaz level T20 batsmen - Nawaz has a higher average and higher strike rate. Maybe Imad Wasim’s tight bowling justifies his position in the team but let’s not pretend like his selection makes that dramatic of a difference.

Pakistan in a conundrum with Imad performing as he did in the last few games.

We have Saim Ayub now who can bowl in the PP.

IMO Babar has made a star in bowling. It is Sami Ayub and yes Babar was owned by Imad Yesterday.

Yesterday Imad and Haider showed why Babar should never be let near advising a team selection let alone being a captain.

Imad deserves all the praise for his performance in the elimiator.

------------------------

Wasim Akram speaking during a TV show:

“Congratulations to Islamabad United, who qualified for the final of PSL Season 9. Their performance was outstanding. Misbah-ul-Haq and I were discussing before the show that the two teams with the strongest squads in the beginning, which we also discussed, both qualified for the final. It was bad luck for Peshawar Zalmi. I thought at one point when they reached a score of 185, there was probably a 75 to 80 percent chance that they would win, and they were in control. When Islamabad was chasing, at one stage they were three down at 21. But I would say congratulations to Imad Wasim. When he came to bat in such a situation, it gets a bit confusing, but he was absolutely calm. Look at his body language; it was a dangerous sign for Peshawar when he started. When a player is calm, it means that he is just waiting for his time, and that’s what happened. He scored 59 on 40 balls, the strike rate was 147, but his innings was much better than what the stats are showing. The situation in which he came, the way he built a partnership, and the situation in which Haider Ali came, he scored 50. The way Islamabad United picked Haider Ali in the replacement draft, he straight away took them to the final. Well done, Islamabad, the owners, the management, their players, and of course, man of the match Imad Wasim for peaking at the right time.”​

Ramiz Raja speaking about Imad Wasim’s inning against Peshawar Zalmi:

“Imad Wasim was batting so calmly that it must have influenced Haider Ali’s stature at the crease. I really enjoyed Haider Ali’s knock because he did not panic. What Imad Wasim produced were some original shots. There was no fancy hitting; it was all about playing the ball all along the ground on merit and finding the gaps. That was the best thing about that run chase.”​

Why is their so much commotion for a player who does not care about the national team. He was part of the t20 squad yet he still retired. "Imad is a bigger matchwinner" well clearly that does not matter since he cant win matches while relaxing in his home.

Imad wouldn’t have had a chance of winning PSL 2020 without Babar’s runs.

Imad’s captaincy is nothing without Babar. We saw what he achieved with his “field management and bowling changes” last year with Karachi when Babar wasn’t there to carry him.

Karachi’s PSL victory in 2020 belongs to Babar not this scam captain.

No I’m not looking for a situation. I’m TELLING you the exact moment where Babar had played his hand and his usual incompetence as captain struck, it was the pivotal moment.

You got one cheap over and a wicket from Saim…great (take the money and run)

You got another decent over out of Saim and another wicket (Guptil is still there, his head, hands and feet are looking in solid tandem….great, now take the money and run!!)

But you had to be over smart didn’t you? This 3rd over and the assault by Guptil may also have ended Saim potentially becoming a powerplay bowling option for Pakistan. Any team now would know to just line up Saim and delete him to cow corner.
No, you are looking for situations that support your narrative. I have already given you an example.

If the Saim bowling experiment never worked in the first place, i.e. he would have been tonked in his very first over in this tournament and never bowled again, you would have used it as an example to support your assertion that Babar is a clueless captain.

Had Imad captained Zalmi and experimented with Saim as a bowler and he had produced the same results, you would have called it innovative captaincy.

The fact is that Babar has led his team and managed his resources in this PSL a lot better than the so-called tactical mastermind Imad did last season.

Babar failed to realize for 4 years of his captaincy to try other bowlers and stuck to plan A.

Come PSL, suddenly he had a brainwave to try Saim and lo and behold it worked.

Sure, very believable.

More likely it was Sammy who suggested Saim and Babar decided to go with the flow.

So if Sammy was calling the shots all this time with bowling changes and it was his idea that Saim should bowl in the PP that proved to be a surprise package in this tournament and boosted Zalmi, whose fault was it that United snatched victory from the jaws of defeat last night?

Go ahead and prove that, for example, it was not Sammy decision’s to continue with Saim for an extra over where Guptill got hold of him and prove that it was not Sammy decision to bowl with Jamal, the over that pretty much killed the game.

So if Sammy was calling the shots in terms of bowling changes, why are you holding Babar accountable for giving Saim the extra over?

So if Sammy was calling the shots all this time with bowling changes and it was his idea that Saim should bowl in the PP that proved to be a surprise package in this tournament and boosted Zalmi, whose fault was it that United snatched victory from the jaws of defeat last night?

Go ahead and prove that, for example, it was not Sammy decision’s to continue with Saim for an extra over where Guptill got hold of him and prove that it was not Sammy decision to bowl with Jamal, the over that pretty much killed the game.

Its almost impossible to prove directly that it was Sammy or Babar calling the deal in the actual match.

When you have no direct evidence of the masterstroke or brainwave decision of bowling Saim, you look at the inferential and deductive logic.

Just like you have aptly deduced that the PSL title won under Imads reign was all because of Babar because Imad was unable to win when Babar left we use the same reasoning.

Babar was unable to offer any innovative thought or masterstrokes during his national team captaincy reigns. His captaincy was predictable, boring and often lacked plan B or Plan C even when the team was losing.

He was dumped unceremoniously for the same reason. Inability to offer anything different or unique and not able to command his troops to wins.

And now you are telling me Babar suddenly found new insight and started using Saim as a bowler?

Fine.

I will accept it.

But you also have to then accept that Imad won the PSL because of his captaincy and not because of Babar only.

You seem quick to credit Babar for these odd quirks but seem just as eager to discredit Imad using the same logic you use to credit Babar.

How do you even live with such deliberate dishonest reasoning?

Pakistan in a conundrum with Imad performing as he did in the last few games.

We have Saim Ayub now who can bowl in the PP.

Pakistan is not in a conundrum. The time for Imad Wasim was the last few years when he was dropped and useless losers like Nawaz were preferred and constantly lost Pakistan big games when the pressure was on. I am not even a huge Wasim fan, but he was clearly best of a mediocre bunch when it came to Pakistan spin all rounders.

PCB has kept shooting itself in the foot and dragging Pakistan's reputation down with it, the latest example being using Karachi to host the biggest PSL games without realising there would be empty stadiums.

This thread is not about babar azam and daren sammy. We should be talking about Imad wasim rather than Babar and Sammy's conversation.

Its almost impossible to prove directly that it was Sammy or Babar calling the deal in the actual match.

When you have no direct evidence of the masterstroke or brainwave decision of bowling Saim, you look at the inferential and deductive logic.

Just like you have aptly deduced that the PSL title won under Imads reign was all because of Babar because Imad was unable to win when Babar left we use the same reasoning.

Babar was unable to offer any innovative thought or masterstrokes during his national team captaincy reigns. His captaincy was predictable, boring and often lacked plan B or Plan C even when the team was losing.

He was dumped unceremoniously for the same reason. Inability to offer anything different or unique and not able to command his troops to wins.

And now you are telling me Babar suddenly found new insight and started using Saim as a bowler?

Fine.

I will accept it.

But you also have to then accept that Imad won the PSL because of his captaincy and not because of Babar only.

You seem quick to credit Babar for these odd quirks but seem just as eager to discredit Imad using the same logic you use to credit Babar.

How do you even live with such deliberate dishonest reasoning?
You had no qualms about stating with confidence that Sammy is calling the shots but you don’t want to transfer the blame from Babar to Sammy when it comes to the decisions that did not work.

Why? Because it doesn’t support the position that you are holding in this debate. You are not a neutral - you have made up your mind that Babar is a bad captain and can never improve his captaincy so you are only looking for examples and situations that support your claim.

It is fine though - it is better to be opinionated than to be a fence sitting neutral.

Because of your bias and agenda, you also don’t want to open yourself up to the possibility that Babar reflected back on his time as captain of Pakistan and recognized that he did a few things wrong.

You don’t want to open up yourself to the possibility that Babar looked at the Zalmi bowling attack and thought that well, it is a weak attack and his usual captaincy style doesn’t work, so why not do something different and see if it works out.

You don’t want to look at any of that because it doesn’t support your opinion so you are comfortable believing that whatever did good that Babar did as captain this season was due to Sammy because he captained Pakistan for 4 years and didn’t exhibit any innovative decision-making.

I will give you another example: Babar had the highest SR in the PP in the league stage among all openers, higher than the openers who have been used as examples by you and others as the type of T20 opener that Pakistan needs instead of Babar.

But you and others didn’t say a word about his impressive SR in PP this season because it doesn’t support your opinion.

If he had his usual PP SR, you and others would have been all over him like a rash. His SR wasn’t great in the Qualifier and Eliminator 2, and I saw you mention this numerous times but I didn’t see a single post from you (correct me if I am wrong) where you acknowledged and praised his fantastic SR in the PP overs in the league stage.

The answer to this is again, very simple. The first situation doesn’t support your opinion and the second situation does.

As far as crediting Imad’s captaincy for Karachi’s win in 2020 is concerned, my answer to that is very simple: Imad has only captained one PSL edition without Babar in his team and his captaincy - and the results that came with it - were rubbish.

Had Imad delivered as captain last season and proved that he didn’t need Babar carrying him, I would have no issues acknowledging that he is a good captain.

This thread is not about babar azam and daren sammy. We should be talking about Imad wasim rather than Babar and Sammy's conversation.
Noted, no more replies from my side even if I’m quoted.

Wow Shadab backing Imad's return to the PCT:

"Imad Wasim is one of the best all rounder in the world. The way he has helped us in the last 3 knock out games is just simply remarkable so we are lucky that he is part of our team

I also talked to him (Imad) when he took retirement and asked him not to leave because Pakistan do need such players. Also I would take to him on this topic soon as you know the world cup (T20) is approaching. So I would like to see him back in the team (for T20 WC 2024) because of the kind of form he is at the moment and the rich amount of experience he has in CPL. I think we can benefit from that"
Shadab should stop talking and focus on his own game. Imad is done with International cricket. These guys talk way too much.

Shadab should stop talking and focus on his own game. Imad is done with International cricket. These guys talk way too much.
Shadab is captain of the side and needs to give confidence to a fragile player before the final. He has every right to try and hype up Imad.

@Amjid Javed

What do you make of all this?
I think imam when he was left out was hard done by, espcially when it was for a fake all rounder in nawaz, this is Pakistani cricket for you. Since then obviously its been a fractured relationship.

Also as time has passed imad is now not as good as he was, so his best years have been wasted with this farce.

I think imam when he was left out was hard done by, espcially when it was for a fake all rounder in nawaz, this is Pakistani cricket for you. Since then obviously its been a fractured relationship.

Also as time has passed imad is now not as good as he was, so his best years have been wasted with this farce.
I still think you can take Amir and Imad for one last ICC tournament in a couple of months

Might as well use them whilst they are still good instead of leaving them at home

Shadab is captain of the side and needs to give confidence to a fragile player before the final. He has every right to try and hype up Imad.
He can hype for all he wants. I mean he is also the same captain allowing Azam to play, but should leave the Pak national team out of this.

I still think you can take Amir and Imad for one last ICC tournament in a couple of months

Might as well use them whilst they are still good instead of leaving them at home
I guess imad would be effective in WI conditions, but how effective would Amir be now? Also Amir is not exactly flavour of month with certain members in PCB

I guess imad would be effective in WI conditions, but how effective would Amir be now? Also Amir is not exactly flavour of month with certain members in PCB
Amir has been playing in the CPL for quite a few seasons. He knows the conditions well. Even if he didn’t, he is the most likely Pakistan bowler to adapt to the conditions quicker than the others (who lack his guile and quality).

For me, Amir is a must. Any day over guys like Rauf, Abbas Afridi etc

Amir has been playing in the CPL for quite a few seasons. He knows the conditions well. Even if he didn’t, he is the most likely Pakistan bowler to adapt to the conditions quicker than the others (who lack his guile and quality).

For me, Amir is a must. Any day over guys like Rauf, Abbas Afridi etc
Ok that is a fair enough point then.

Amir is still a fine bowler but it's not been about ability with him for a long time now. He has no desire to play for Pakistan except when it's to advance his own T20 career. It is a trust issue with him. Would you really back him to turn down offers to throw a game if Pakistan was in an important ICC event?

Amir is still a fine bowler but it's not been about ability with him for a long time now. He has no desire to play for Pakistan except when it's to advance his own T20 career. It is a trust issue with him. Would you really back him to turn down offers to throw a game if Pakistan was in an important ICC event?
He has as much desire to fire up against India and Australia on the world stage as all of them.

The guy is complicated but he will Don the green shirt if his country needs him.

He has as much desire to fire up against India and Australia on the world stage as all of them.

The guy is complicated but he will Don the green shirt if his country needs him.

That is your opinion. The only reality we know is that he took dirty money in the past, then when he was granted a pardon by Pakistan on serving his sentence, turned in a succession of listless performances while prioritising foreign T20 leagues.

Once again reminder

Thread is not about all your favourite players.

Thread is about Imad.

Back