Gen Asim Munir takes over as Pakistan's 17th COAS

PM Shehbaz picks Lt Gen Asim Munir as new army chief & Lt Gen Sahir Mirza as Joint Chief

A question, guys - and someone out there please answer.....

I´ve been told by someone that Imran Khan had said in the lead-up to the appointment that "We´ll play with the summary." That is to say, that they´ll do some tricks with it through the President.

Is it true? Did he say it?

A question, guys - and someone out there please answer.....

I´ve been told by someone that Imran Khan had said in the lead-up to the appointment that "We´ll play with the summary." That is to say, that they´ll do some tricks with it through the President.

Is it true? Did he say it?

No, he didnt as far as I know.

Election riggins is a big reality. Some time it happens on macro level like in 2018 elections and sometimes only on some important seats like in 2013 elections.
I have my friends from army admitting openly to help Imran Khan get more votes in Sindh, Punjab etc. And they said they have instructions from their seniors to provide assistance for IK

Moreover, next general elections will be very crucial as establishment will not put their hands in elections and will not influence anyone in order to remain neutral. Our politicians have to show some dignity now and will have to accept the results. I know Imran Khan has started building the narrative of 2/3 majority in general elections which is not possible practically which looks like a perfect repeat of 2013 elections where he promised so much and results were otherwise and he found a way to protest and bring anarchy. He will do the same in 2023 elections if he did nt get the clear majority which shows the immaturity on his part and our establishment will enjoy it while sitting behind

Khan will get more the 2/3rd..May be you are not aware of the ground realities and the previous election in the last 9 months. He has major public support. It is Khan vs 15 parties and Khan still wins.

Faiz Hameed is going for early retirement :)))

Anyone who sided with PTI, at the end they only perished along with their leader who became the first ever pm to lose the peoples confidence.

Pakistan tehreek nainsaf

Its a Army tradition to resign when a junior or peer becomes your boss. So in this case Faiz, and the other generals who were in the running to become chief will resign.

Election riggins is a big reality. Some time it happens on macro level like in 2018 elections and sometimes only on some important seats like in 2013 elections.
I have my friends from army admitting openly to help Imran Khan get more votes in Sindh, Punjab etc. And they said they have instructions from their seniors to provide assistance for IK

Moreover, next general elections will be very crucial as establishment will not put their hands in elections and will not influence anyone in order to remain neutral. Our politicians have to show some dignity now and will have to accept the results. I know Imran Khan has started building the narrative of 2/3 majority in general elections which is not possible practically which looks like a perfect repeat of 2013 elections where he promised so much and results were otherwise and he found a way to protest and bring anarchy. He will do the same in 2023 elections if he did nt get the clear majority which shows the immaturity on his part and our establishment will enjoy it while sitting behind

IK does not need help from the neutrals anymore. So even if they did help him in 2018 or 2013 their help is no longer needed.

Its a Army tradition to resign when a junior or peer becomes your boss. So in this case Faiz, and the other generals who were in the running to become chief will resign.

Asim munir isnt a junior, infact faiz is who was fast tracked to dg isi position

Asim munir isnt a junior, infact faiz is who was fast tracked to dg isi position

General Mirza, Faiz, Abbas, and the other two were all batch mates. Mirza was senior to Faiz by minutes. So now that Mirza is CJCSC Faiz and Abbas have announced resignations. The other two will follow soon enough.

Unless your friends from the army are from the higher echelon's in the army hierarchy, what they are saying is useless and cannot be relied upon.

I know quite a handful of people who have served in the senior echelons of the Pak army and they are anti bajwa and are openly campaigning to clean up the senior leadership after his removal. Everyone knows how far Bajwa has gone to threaten and silent current and ex army officials to keep silent on the army's complicity with the US and PDM to overthrow the PTI govt.

I expect nothing from this guy. We thought Bajwa was a good guy, and he turned out to a crook that got blackmailed by other crooks and in the process betrayed PK and its population. He put in charge guys that have produced more destruction in 7 months that even NS and AZ managed. This guy is from the same stable and as Azam Swati arrest showed, he will use the same tactics.

Gen Bajwa to hand over command to Gen Munir today

Outgoing Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa will hand over the military’s command to General Asim Munir today at a ceremony currently underway at the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi, marking an end to his six-year tenure.

Gen Munir was selected by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif to succeed Gen Bajwa last week, ending days of speculation over the appointment. According to Radio Pakistan, Gen Munir will be the 17th army chief to assume the command of the Pakistan Army.

Prior to the ceremony, both Gen Bajwa and Gen Munir laid a wreath at the martyrs’ monument.

The ceremony kicked off with the military band performing national songs and a medley of folk tunes.

Who is Gen Asim Munir?
Gen Munir is an outstanding officer, but because of the technicalities involved, it was earlier believed he may remain the proverbial dark horse in the race for the army chief’s position.

At the time of his nomination for the post, Gen Munir’s impending retirement date was Nov 27, which posed a technical hitch in his accession to the top slot. To counter this, he was given a promotion to the rank of four-star general with immediate effect after being named the army chief in a deviation from the norm.

Gen Munir was promoted to the rank of a three-star general in September 2018, but he took charge two months later. He entered the service via the Officers Training School programme in Mangla, and was commissioned into the Frontier Force Regiment.

He has been a close aide of Gen Bajwa ever since he commanded troops in the Force Command Northern Areas as a brigadier under the outgoing army chief, who was then Commander X Corps.

Lt Gen Munir was later appointed Military Intelligence director general in early 2017, and in October next year was made the Inter-Services Intelligence chief.

However, his stint as the top intelligence officer turned out to be the shortest ever, as he was replaced by Lt Gen Faiz Hamid within eight months, on the insistence of then-PM Imran Khan.

He was posted as Gujranwala Corps commander, a position he held for two years, before being moved to the General Headquarters as the quartermaster general.

DAWN

Unless your friends from the army are from the higher echelon's in the army hierarchy, what they are saying is useless and cannot be relied upon.

I know quite a handful of people who have served in the senior echelons of the Pak army and they are anti bajwa and are openly campaigning to clean up the senior leadership after his removal. Everyone knows how far Bajwa has gone to threaten and silent current and ex army officials to keep silent on the army's complicity with the US and PDM to overthrow the PTI govt.

I just quoted what i heard from my army friends which happened at micro level. Dont know what was the real story on macro level
But nobody can deny the influence and favoritism done by army towards PTI in 2018 elections

I just quoted what i heard from my army friends which happened at micro level. Dont know what was the real story on macro level
But nobody can deny the influence and favoritism done by army towards PTI in 2018 elections

No such favouritism now as evidenced by the recent Punjab Assembly by polls, AJK local govt elections and the recent National Assembly sears.

No such favouritism now as evidenced by the recent Punjab Assembly by polls, AJK local govt elections and the recent National Assembly sears.

Sure. But i was talking about 2018 not 2022.

PM Shehbaz picks Lt Gen Asim Munir as new army chief & Lt Gen Sahir Mirza as Joint Chief

The outgoing uncle recently said in an address that the fall of East Pakistan / Bangladesh was in fact a political failure and not a military one, thereby drilling a hole in the boat of the Bhutto/Zardari dynasty and their political agenda. Hm... Interesting.

No, he didnt as far as I know.

Thanks, man. It was a little hard to believe to begin with. There´s no way that Imran Khan could´ve said anything so hugely controversial and yet it wouldn´t have torn the tickers on our news channels. Surely, it would´ve then been reported and discussed everywhere.

I am glad that Nawaz "Paper Tiger" Shariff chose the top duo.

Looking at his previous choices, everyone has been a disastrous one for himself. Long may that rich tradion carry on.

On a more serious note, we need the soldiers to do their constitutional duty and get out of politics, real estate and all the other stuff that they have no role in. We need strong Governments, of whatever colour, governing for Pakistan and its people and not just for themselves and their families and mates.

I am glad that Nawaz "Paper Tiger" Shariff chose the top duo.

Looking at his previous choices, everyone has been a disastrous one for himself. Long may that rich tradion carry on.

On a more serious note, we need the soldiers to do their constitutional duty and get out of politics, real estate and all the other stuff that they have no role in. We need strong Governments, of whatever colour, governing for Pakistan and its people and not just for themselves and their families and mates.

Every millitary chief that has been appointed by someone as my guy has always back stabbed the Prime Minister/President. Our history is filled with such examples

Iskander Mirza - Ayub Khan
Ayub Khan - Yahya Khan
Zulfiqar Bhutto - Zia ul Haq
Nawaz Sharif - Pervez Musharraf
Pervez Musharraf - Ashfaq Kayani
Nawaz Sharif - Qamar Javed Bajwa
Imran Khan - Qamar Javed Bajwa

If Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif think by picking Asim Munir, he is going to be their guy, history will show they will eventually have another thing coming

PM Shehbaz felicitates new COAS

ISLAMABAD:

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif congratulated the new Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir on the assumption of command during a telephonic conversation on Tuesday.

The premier stated that it was a great honour for Gen Munir to assume the post of COAS of the “brave” Pakistan Army. He furthered that it was a “blessing” that the military had a “professional leader” like the COAS.

“I am sure that under your leadership, the professional capabilities of the army and the strength of the homeland's defence will further increase,” PM Shehbaz said.

The prime minister also pledged his full cooperation for the support of the defence, security and protection of Pakistan.

COAS Gen Munir thanked PM Shehbaz for his good wishes.

Earlier today, the change of command ceremony of the Pakistan Army took place at the General Headquarters (GHQ) wherein outgoing army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa officially passed the baton to General Asim Munir as the 17th COAS of Pakistan.

The ceremony was attended by federal cabinet members, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Sahir Shamshad Mirza, Air Chief Zaheer Ahmad Babar Sidhu, and other high-ranking civil and military officials as well as foreign delegates.

In his farewell address, General Bajwa felicitated Asim Munir's elevation to the seat of army chief and expressed confidence that his promotion will prove to be highly positive both for the country and Pakistan Army.

Tribune

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congratulations to Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza as new CJCSC & Gen Syed Asim Munir as new COAS. We hope new mly ldrship will work to end prevailing trust deficit that has built up in last 8 months between the nation and the State. Strength of the State is derived from its people. <a href="https://t.co/5k4fVA2UGb">pic.twitter.com/5k4fVA2UGb</a></p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1597861339707609090?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 30, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PTI Chairman Imran Khan on Wednesday congratulated the newly appointed military leadership, expressing the hope that it would work to “end the prevailing trust deficit” between the nation and the state.

Last week, Gen Asim Munir, a soldier with considerable operational experience and a career steeped in intelligence, was designated as the country’s 17th army chief while Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza, another infantry officer with an enviable career, was appointed as the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff committee.

The appointments ended weeks of intense speculation about who will lead the powerful military following Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa’s retirement. Gen Mirza took charge on Nov 27 while Gen Munir assumed charge on Nov 29.

In a tweet today, Imran felicitated the new military command. “We hope the new military leadership will work to end the prevailing trust deficit that has built up in the last 8 months between the nation and the state.

“The strength of the state is derived from its people,” the PTI chief added.

Along with the message, Imran also shared a screenshot of a purported quote by Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, which some people on social media questioned the veracity of.

Imran slammed for ‘selective memory’

Reacting to Imran’s statement, Information Minister Marriyum Aurangzeb took exception to his claim and questioned whether Quaid-i-Azam had also offered an indefinite extension to the army chief behind closed doors.

The information minister, addressing a press conference in Islamabad, said the only mistrust present was the one in Imran’s mind.

Aurangzeb said Imran was now twiddling his thumbs after the party’s long march and advised him to do the following two things: Declare all the gifts he had taken from the Toshakhana and follow through on registering a case against the Jang Group and Dubai-based businessman Umar Zahoor for the claims they made against him.

“You know that if you file the case, you will have to provide details about the watch and all those details related to the Toshakhana which have yet to be revealed to the nation.”

As for the PTI’s announcement to leave the provincial assemblies, she said Imran only wanted political instability and discord in the country.

PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz claimed Imran had a “selective memory” but other people did not.

“You collude with certain elements of the establishment, they raise and feed you like their godson. Now you beg for their unconstitutional interference and when it is denied you call them traitors. You have the audacity to talk about trust deficit? You think people are fools,” she tweeted.

PML-N leader Muhammad Zubair was also of the opinion that the PTI chief had “selective memory”.

“He supported the direct military intervention of Musharraf and then directly benefitted through Shuja Pasha, Zaheerul Islam and others completely forgetting what Quaid said about the military’s role and what boundaries have been set in our Constitution,” he said.

In a message from its Twitter account, PML-N called Imran a “fascist” who was “literally begging for unconstitutional intervention till the very last day”.

DAWN

Pakistan gets a new army chief, but will he play the old game?

General Asim Munir, Pakistan’s new military chief, took command this week amid security and economic crises and a deepening political rift between opposition leader Imran Khan and the government. Can the new man on the job stem the chaos, and would that entail the old way of doing military business in Pakistan?

As the troops in full dress stood at attention, Pakistan’s new army chief was handed the baton of command at a ceremony on Tuesday, November 29, ending months of uncertainty and political tensions in a nuclear-armed nation with a history of military coups.

In keeping with military tradition, General Asim Munir looked his predecessor, General Qamar Bajwa, in the eye, as the outgoing army chief handed him the Malacca Cane, Pakistan’s baton of command.

In the 75 years since Pakistan gained independence, the army has seized power three times and directly ruled the country for almost four decades. It also has an outsized economic presence, with experts estimating that the army controls more than 10 percent of the country’s real estate in addition to its interests in diverse sectors ranging from construction and insurance companies to army-owned bakeries.

The appointment of a new army chief – often called the most important post in Pakistan – has long been the stuff of headline news in the country. But this time, the lead-up package of rumors, reports of backdoor meetings and outright conjecture was exceptionally fraught.

Pakistan is in deep crisis. The country had to secure an International Monetary Fund (IMF) loan in August to avert a default exacerbated by galloping inflation and the decimation of the vital agricultural sector following devastating floods earlier this year.

Tuesday’s army command handover came a day after the Tehreek-i-Taliban (TTP) – also known as the Pakistani Taliban – ended a ceasefire with the government and ordered its fighters to resume attacks across the country. A day later, the TTP conducted a suicide attack on a police vehicle in the western Baluchistan province, which killed four people and wounded 23 others.

While Gen. Munir was accepting the Malacca Cane at the army headquarters in Rawalpindi, Pakistan’s foreign minister was meeting her Afghan counterpart in Kabul amid fears of increasing cross-border attacks.

The Taliban are separate groups in both countries, but they share a common ideology and allegiances, which the TTP renewed following the August 2021 Taliban takeover of Afghanistan. Earlier this year, Islamabad condemned the TTP’s use of Afghan soil to conduct attacks in Pakistan.

But it was ‘Taliban Khan” – the moniker given to former Pakistani prime minister Imran Khan – that was the source of much of the drama around the army chief’s appointment.

Four years ago, the all-powerful army backed Khan in the 2018 election, believing the former cricketer with no regional political base and a 'born again' penchant for espousing Islamist family values, sharia law and negotiating with the Taliban would make a pliant candidate.

They were proved wrong. Since he was ousted from office in a parliamentary no-confidence vote, Khan turned on the military and has unleashed a populist mass mobilisation in a bid to regain the prime minister’s post. This has put Gen. Munir’s new job at the centre of the storm.

Pakistan’s shortest-serving spy chief

A career army officer, Gen. Munir was a relatively little-known figure when Pakistani Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif nominated him to the post last week and promoted him to four-star general.

The national media was quick to note that the new army chief was a Hafiz-e-Koran (a person who has memorised the Koran), but failed to elucidate the import of the qualification, if any, on Pakistan’s pressing socio-political concerns.

More interesting by far was the fact that Gen. Munir was also the shortest-serving head of the Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI), Pakistan’s infamous spy agency.

In October 2018, Munir was appointed ISI director-general, but just eight months later, he was replaced “on the insistence” of then-PM Khan, according to leading Pakistani daily, Dawn.

Under Pakistani law, the appointment of the head of the intelligence service is the prerogative of the prime minister. But the levers of power in Pakistan are ultimately wielded by the army. It’s a tussle between the generals and civilian leaders that makes for a particularly febrile political climate, providing grist for the national and regional media mill.

ccording to Pakistani media reports, Gen. Munir lost the top ISI job because he alerted Khan to a corruption scandal involving the then-PM’s wife. His replacement as the country’s spy chief was Faiz Hameed, an army man widely believed to be a Khan loyalist, who held the post for over two years before another shakeup.

Politicising a military position

Gen. Munir’s investiture came on Tuesday, November 29, the day former amy chief Gen. Bajwa’s term ended with his retirement. It was a date that dominated the Pakistani political discourse for months amid speculation that Gen. Bajwa’s term would be extended.

Much of the media storm over the new army chief spot was kicked up by Khan in his bid to get back to power, according to most experts.

Shortly after Khan was removed from office in April in a parliamentary no-confidence vote, the cricketer-politician accused Gen. Bajwa of ousting his government under a US plot, a charge the US and the Pakistani military have denied.

Since his ouster, Khan has mobilised his supporters, leading rallies and “long marches” to denounce his removal from office and push for a snap election. Pakistan’s next elections are due in August 2023.

“Imran Khan tried, at one point, to indicate that it would not be fair to appoint a new army chief until new elections were held. The appointment of a new army chief is normally a relatively unpolitical process, but Khan politicised it by putting the issue in the public domain,” explained Michael Kugelman from the Washington DC-based Wilson Center.

The end of ‘uncertainty’

Tuesday’s army command handover has been greeted with a sigh of relief by experts and Pakistani citizens.

“The fact that the new army chief was appointed and sworn in - this can hopefully put Pakistan on the path to political stability. It has removed a key source of uncertainty, and uncertainty does not bode well for political stability,” said Kugelman.

After months of taking to the airwaves to denounce the army’s interference in politics, Khan on Wednesday finally congratulated the country’s new army chief.

In a Twitter post, Khan said he hoped the new military leadership will “work to end prevailing trust deficit that has built up in last 8 months between the nation and the State”.

Khan has played a key role in upping that trust deficit in a country that rarely, if ever, had a public confidence surplus. His acceptance of a military official he once fired from Pakistan’s top intelligence job marks yet another turn in the former PM’s complex relationship with the all-powerful army.

From army’s ‘favourite son’ to nemesis

While Khan has a near-worshipful support base that includes Islamists and conservative Muslims, his critics are quick to note the inconsistencies in his positions on the army. They note that it was Khan who extended former army chief Gen. Bajwa’s tenure in 2019, while he was prime minister, only to turn on the military man when he was ousted from power by the country’s parliament.

“Imran Khan was the favourite son of the army, which helped enable him to become prime minister. But the relationship then went sour. To me, it’s not surprising. Khan is very strong-willed and that’s not a personality trait army chiefs appreciate,” explained Kugelman.

The former PM’s acquiescence on the new army chief appointment is a welcome sign for many experts. “Khan’s anti-military rhetoric has toned down. I think he’s trying to patch up relations with the army,” noted Kugelman. “If a civilian politician wants to become Pakistan’s prime minister, they need to be on good terms with the army.”

Just days after current Prime Minister Sharif announced Gen. Munir’s nomination, Khan called off a “long march” to the capital, Islamabad, over the weekend. It was billed as his first public appearance since an assassination attempt on November 3.

“I have decided not to go to Islamabad because I know there will be havoc, and the loss will be to the country,” said Khan. Instead, he announced that his party would resign from provincial and administrative assemblies in a new bid to push for early elections.

While Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) quit the federal parliament following his ouster, the party also holds power in two provinces and two administrative units in the country.

“If Khan is pressurising the government with parliamentary tactics, that’s not as destabilising as his angry supporters protesting in the heart of the capital,” said Kugelman.

Hybrid of military and electoral power

Restoring stability and public trust in what Pakistanis call “the establishment” when referring to the country’s vast security apparatus is one of the key challenges confronting the country’s new army chief. Given the country’s myriad crises, it’s a big ask, experts concede.

Over the past two decades, the Pakistani military has avoided a direct power takeover, which would be ruinous for an impoverished nation dependent on foreign aid and IMF credit. It has instead attempted a hybrid regime featuring elements of electoral democracy coexisting with continuing military influence.

Since the last period of military rule from 1999-2008, the generals have tended to favour pliant civilian governments that steer clear of the military’s core interests in national and regional security.

The political mayhem in Islamabad has left many in the political class wondering if the army will play a role in defusing the current crisis. If that’s the case, it does not bode well for the domestic and international credentials of Gen. Munir and the institution he leads.

“The army has been so entrenched in Pakistan’s political fabric for so many years. I find it hard to believe the institution would suddenly step away. Army chiefs may say they want to keep a distance from politics, but we’ve been here before,” said Kugelman. “I don’t think the army is going to stop interfering in politics.”

With an election due next year – regardless of whether Khan gets his way on a snap poll – the Pakistani army’s new man on the job looks set to have a perilous time navigating an old game.

MSN

Newly appointed COAS Gen Asim calls on PM
On his first day, army chief discusses matters related to national security with PM Shehbaz

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Syed Asim Muneer and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Sahir Shamshad Mirza separately called on President Dr Arif Alvi and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday.

PM Shehbaz felicitated the new military chief on the assumption of the office, a statement issued by the PM media wing said.

During what was their first meeting after the new army chief took over charge a day earlier, both discussed professional matters as well as those related to national security.

“The nation is happy over your appointment as army chief. The relations of trust and love between the people and armed forces will further strengthen,” the prime minister was quoted as saying.

“The leadership of a competent officer like you will help further improve the professional development of the institution,” the PM maintained.

COAS General Asim Munir thanked the prime minister.

Earlier, PM Shehbaz telephoned the army chief to congratulate him on becoming the head of the military which, he said, was a great honour.

He added it was a blessing from Allah that someone with a high calibre of professional capability was to head the military.

The premier assured the army chief of his full cooperation for defence, security, and safety of the country.

Expressing confidence in the professionalism of the country’s security forces, the PM said the nation was proud of its armed forces’ role in protecting the motherland and countering terrorism.

CJCSC, COAS call on President

The newly appointed CJCSC General Sahir Shamshad Mirza and COAS Gen Asim Muneer also held separate meetings with President Dr Arif Alvi at the Aiwan-e-Sadr focused on professional matters pertaining to army.

Last week, Gen Asim Muni was designated as the country’s 17th army chief while Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza was appointed as the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff committee. Gen Mirza took charge on Nov 27 while Gen Munir assumed charge on Nov 29.

Express Tribune

News coming out, no more ceremonies like the farewell ceremony which happened, some changes in ISPR

Pakistan's new army chief says will defend "motherland" during visit to disputed Kashmir

Dec 3 (Reuters) - Pakistan's new army chief on Saturday said the military was ready to defend "every inch of our motherland" if attacked, during a visit to the Line of Control (LoC) that divides the disputed Kashmir region, which is claimed by both Pakistan and neighbouring India.

The visit came less than a week since General Asim Munir took charge of Pakistan's powerful military, and were among his strongest public statements on arch-rival India since taking up the role.

"Let me make it categorically clear, Pakistan's armed forces are ever ready, not only to defend every inch of our motherland, but to take the fight back to the enemy if ever war is imposed on us," he said, according to a statement from the military's media wing. "Indian state will never be able to achieve her nefarious designs."

India's foreign ministry did not immediately respond to Reuters' request for comment.

The two South Asian nuclear powers both claim the Kashmir region in full, but rule only parts, and have fought two of their three wars over the area.

Both sides often accuse each other of breaching a 2003 ceasefire pact by shelling and firing across the LoC, a 740-km (460-mile) de facto border that cuts Kashmir into two.

Since early 2021, the LoC has been mostly quiet, following the renewal of a ceasefire agreement between India and Pakistan.

Pakistan's generals retain a strong influence over security matters and foreign affairs, according to analysts, and Pakistan's army chief will play a key role in managing risks of conflict with India on its eastern border, while also dealing with potential friction with Afghanistan on its western frontier.

Reuters

Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif has asserted that former chief of army staff (COAS) Gen (retd) Qamar Javed Bajwa was the benefactor of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan, ARY News reported on Monday.

Addressing a press conference alongside Federal Cabinet members, the prime minister said that Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa was the benefactor of Imran Khan, but the former premier turned against the former army chief.

In response to a question about the former army chief, the prime minister said that since General (retired) Qamar Javed Bajwa has hung up his boots, he should be allowed to live in peace.

Speaking of new COAS General Asim Munir, PM Shehbaz Sharif hoped that the new army chief will strengthen the institution according to the constitution and law, terming the latter’s future ‘bright’.

The prime minister also criticised the PTI Chairman Imran Khan and other party members over “heartless” approach when they got involved with British publication Daily Mail.

He noted that the unconditional apology by the Daily Mail was a vindication of the 220 million of Pakistan which also thwarted an anti-state conspiracy hatched by Imran Khan and his ‘cronies’.

“Finally, after three years, the publication tendered an apology, not from me but all of you. It was an apology from 220 million of Pakistan and from millions of those mothers and children who were benefiting from DIFD projects to support their food and health,” the prime minister added.

Apprising the media of the allegations leveled by the previous government through the Daily Mail article, the prime minister claimed the onslaught was only meant to defame him, Nawaz Sharif and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).

“He [Imran Khan] was so callous to never think that it will not only malign Nawaz Sharif or Shehbaz Sharif rather it will hurt Pakistan’s reputation,” he remarked. The newspaper also published its apology in Sunday’s print edition, he added.

He told the media that DFID project’s amount of 600 million pounds was spent transparently and the allegations were also contradicted by the DFID itself. “Consequently, the country was mocked and a message was conveyed that Pakistan should not be given aid or grant,” he added.

PM Shehbaz Sharif said despite the passage of three years, Shahzad Akbar failed to produce documents to substantiate his allegations which also led to his vindication by the NCA.

On the contrary, PM Shehbaz said Imran sold the watch that Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman had gifted him when he was the prime minister. “This was a cheap move that Imran made by selling a watch that contained the image of Holy Kaaba,” he added.

However, he said, he won’t use the word fraud, but this is what Imran Khan did. The prime minister claimed that the PTI Chairman did not only commit “fraud”, but hurt Pakistan on two important fronts — foreign policy and economy.

The prime minister told the media that the incumbent government inherited a shaken economy and that they had to beseech the IMF which was not ready to trust Pakistan after the previous government deviated from the commitments.

He said by passing the burden of the oil price surge to the masses, the incumbent government sacrificed its politics in the state’s interest as the previous government had laid a trap for their government by announcing no price hike.

He claimed during the last days of his tenure, the former prime minister laid landmines for the upcoming government by not passing on the burden of petroleum prices to the consumers.

In response to a question about recent shelling by Afghan forces – which killed six civilians, the prime minister said he has summoned a meeting on Pak-Afghan border issue, hoping that Afghanistan should ensure such actions are not repeated.

ARY

Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif has asserted that former chief of army staff (COAS) Gen (retd) Qamar Javed Bajwa was the benefactor of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan, ARY News reported on Monday.

Addressing a press conference alongside Federal Cabinet members, the prime minister said that Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa was the benefactor of Imran Khan, but the former premier turned against the former army chief.

In response to a question about the former army chief, the prime minister said that since General (retired) Qamar Javed Bajwa has hung up his boots, he should be allowed to live in peace.

Speaking of new COAS General Asim Munir, PM Shehbaz Sharif hoped that the new army chief will strengthen the institution according to the constitution and law, terming the latter’s future ‘bright’.

The prime minister also criticised the PTI Chairman Imran Khan and other party members over “heartless” approach when they got involved with British publication Daily Mail.

He noted that the unconditional apology by the Daily Mail was a vindication of the 220 million of Pakistan which also thwarted an anti-state conspiracy hatched by Imran Khan and his ‘cronies’.

“Finally, after three years, the publication tendered an apology, not from me but all of you. It was an apology from 220 million of Pakistan and from millions of those mothers and children who were benefiting from DIFD projects to support their food and health,” the prime minister added.

Apprising the media of the allegations leveled by the previous government through the Daily Mail article, the prime minister claimed the onslaught was only meant to defame him, Nawaz Sharif and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).

“He [Imran Khan] was so callous to never think that it will not only malign Nawaz Sharif or Shehbaz Sharif rather it will hurt Pakistan’s reputation,” he remarked. The newspaper also published its apology in Sunday’s print edition, he added.

He told the media that DFID project’s amount of 600 million pounds was spent transparently and the allegations were also contradicted by the DFID itself. “Consequently, the country was mocked and a message was conveyed that Pakistan should not be given aid or grant,” he added.

PM Shehbaz Sharif said despite the passage of three years, Shahzad Akbar failed to produce documents to substantiate his allegations which also led to his vindication by the NCA.

On the contrary, PM Shehbaz said Imran sold the watch that Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman had gifted him when he was the prime minister. “This was a cheap move that Imran made by selling a watch that contained the image of Holy Kaaba,” he added.

However, he said, he won’t use the word fraud, but this is what Imran Khan did. The prime minister claimed that the PTI Chairman did not only commit “fraud”, but hurt Pakistan on two important fronts — foreign policy and economy.

The prime minister told the media that the incumbent government inherited a shaken economy and that they had to beseech the IMF which was not ready to trust Pakistan after the previous government deviated from the commitments.

He said by passing the burden of the oil price surge to the masses, the incumbent government sacrificed its politics in the state’s interest as the previous government had laid a trap for their government by announcing no price hike.

He claimed during the last days of his tenure, the former prime minister laid landmines for the upcoming government by not passing on the burden of petroleum prices to the consumers.

In response to a question about recent shelling by Afghan forces – which killed six civilians, the prime minister said he has summoned a meeting on Pak-Afghan border issue, hoping that Afghanistan should ensure such actions are not repeated.

ARY

When NS accused Bajwa of being a criminal you guys backed NS and his witch. Now in power, when will you charge Bajwa with his crimes

The army’s top brass vowed on Wednesday to continue its fight against terrorists without any distinction and eliminate the menace as per the aspirations of the people of Pakistan.

The resolve was expre*ssed at the 254th Corps Com*manders Conference held at the General Head*qua*rters in Rawalpindi. It was presided over by Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir.

DAWN

The Hafiz is cut from Bajwas cloth. NS doesn't make you COAS because your pious and patriotic, you are appointed to protect the mafia and their power

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Syed Asim Munir has stressed the need for a national consensus to steer the country out of the current economic and security challenges.

He was speaking as the Chief Guest at the Commissioning Parade of 118th Midshipmen and 26th Short Service Commission held at the Pakistan Naval Academy, in Karachi, on Saturday. Earlier upon arrival at the academy, the COAS was received by Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi.

“Pakistan is passing through one of her most critical junctures and this requires development of national consensus by all stakeholders to sail through the confronted challenges of economy and terrorism,” Gen Munir was quoted as saying at the parade by the military’s media wing, the ISPR.

Express Tribune

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Syed Asim Munir has stressed the need for a national consensus to steer the country out of the current economic and security challenges.

He was speaking as the Chief Guest at the Commissioning Parade of 118th Midshipmen and 26th Short Service Commission held at the Pakistan Naval Academy, in Karachi, on Saturday. Earlier upon arrival at the academy, the COAS was received by Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi.

“Pakistan is passing through one of her most critical junctures and this requires development of national consensus by all stakeholders to sail through the confronted challenges of economy and terrorism,” Gen Munir was quoted as saying at the parade by the military’s media wing, the ISPR.

Express Tribune

The Hafiz is either dumb or blind. The PDM are monkeys that dance to your tune so who are you talking to General Sahib?

COAS Asim Munir, Saudi defence minister discuss military cooperation

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir on Thursday met Saudi Arabia’s Defence Minister Prince Khalid bin Salman and discussed the ways of strengthening cooperation between the two countries.

According to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), the army chief arrived in the Kingdom in the early hours of Thursday where he was received by Prince Khalid.

At the outset of the meeting, the Saudi defence minister congratulated Gen Munir on his appointment as the army chief.

The SPA said that the two leaders, during the meeting, emphasised the strength and durability of bilateral relations between the two fraternal countries.

They discussed military and defence cooperation, and ways to support and enhance them, along with important regional and international issues of common interest.

Meanwhile, in a tweet today, Prince Salman said he was pleased to meet Pakistan’s army chief.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1730050/c...defence-minister-discuss-military-cooperation

COAS Asim Munir, Saudi crown prince review bilateral relations

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir on Monday met Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud in Al-Ula, Madina and discussed bilateral ties between the two countries.

COAS Munir is on a week-long official visit to Saudi Arabia and UAE — the first since his appointment — culminating on Jan 10.

According to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), Prince Salman welcomed the army chief at the winter camp in Al-Ula earlier today.

“During the reception, they reviewed bilateral relations and the ways of enhancing them, in addition to a number of issues of common concern,” the SPA report said.

The reception was attended by Saudi Defence Minister Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and National Security Adviser Dr Musaed bin Mohammed Al-Aiban, it added.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1730745/coas-asim-munir-saudi-crown-prince-review-bilateral-relations

The Hafiz is either dumb or blind. The PDM are monkeys that dance to your tune so who are you talking to General Sahib?

Ti his friends abroad. Hafiz sahib is the defect ruler..hence his visit to saudi. They need to hold off a default while trying to destroy khan. To hell with everyone else. They have their orders from washington and have been promised something we won't know about till later..Khan has to be stopped. He is a danger to American interests..

Always remember the US treat us like a south American country. So if yu want to see where we stand just pick any American interest south American countries e.g. columbia nicaragua chile peru etc etc..

Chief of Army Staff General Asim Munir said on Tuesday that the Pakistan Army was aware of the “nefarious designs of external enemies of Pakistan” to disturb the peace in Balochistan.

According to a press release issued by the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the army chief made the remarks while visiting the province’s Khuzdar and Basima areas.

He was received by Quetta Corps Commander Lt Gen Asif Ghafoor.

The ISPR statement said Gen Munir was briefed on the prevailing security situation and the formation’s operational preparedness, along with measures being taken to ensure a “peaceful and secure environment”.

DAWN

General Asim Munir in UK on five-day official visit
The visit is seen as highly important in view of the rising issue of Taliban militancy and the situation in the South Asian region.

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir has reached the United Kingdom on a highly important visit on Britain’s Ministry of Defence invitation to discuss security-related strategic issues.

Sources told Geo and The News that General Munir would be visiting the UK officially for five days, starting from Monday. The senior military commanders will accompany him during the visit.

They landed in the UK late on Saturday night.

The visit is seen as highly important in view of the rising issue of Taliban militancy and the situation in the South Asian region. This is General Asim Munir’s first visit to the UK after taking over as Pakistan’s Army chief at the end of November last year.

A security source said that both the countries are attaching huge importance to the visit. The army chief will address the 5th joint UK-Pakistan Stabilisation Conference at Wilton Park between February 5-8.

Wilton Park is an executive agency created by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office to foster open dialogue between governments.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/1037921-general-asim-munir-in-uk-on-five-day-official-visit

General Asim Munir in UK on five-day official visit
The visit is seen as highly important in view of the rising issue of Taliban militancy and the situation in the South Asian region.

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir has reached the United Kingdom on a highly important visit on Britain’s Ministry of Defence invitation to discuss security-related strategic issues.

Sources told Geo and The News that General Munir would be visiting the UK officially for five days, starting from Monday. The senior military commanders will accompany him during the visit.

They landed in the UK late on Saturday night.

The visit is seen as highly important in view of the rising issue of Taliban militancy and the situation in the South Asian region. This is General Asim Munir’s first visit to the UK after taking over as Pakistan’s Army chief at the end of November last year.

A security source said that both the countries are attaching huge importance to the visit. The army chief will address the 5th joint UK-Pakistan Stabilisation Conference at Wilton Park between February 5-8.

Wilton Park is an executive agency created by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office to foster open dialogue between governments.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/1037921-general-asim-munir-in-uk-on-five-day-official-visit

Our COAS leaves PK to meet a guy on the run. So much upholding the constitution

Amid spate of arrests, Imran gives army chief ‘benefit of doubt’

A week after his party urged the president to take notice of “brazen interference by intelligence agencies and some sections of the establishment” in politics, PTI chief Imran Khan on Tuesday gave Army Chief Gen Asim Munir the “benefit of the doubt”.

The remarks by the former prime minister came in the wake of a spate of arrests, which did not spare his close aides and allies, and an ostensible delay in the elections for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab assemblies.

Imran Khan, who met journalists at his Zaman Park residence in Lahore, talked about elections, the ‘Jail Bharo’ (court arrest) movement, the economy, the incumbent government and multiparty moot, and his relationship with former army chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa.

When asked if Mr Bajwa’s successor was following the former chief’s policies with regards to the PTI, Mr Khan responded that Gen Munir had been in office for mere two months and he was willing to give him the “benefit of the doubt”. He, however, claimed that there was a “visible” chasm between the army and the public, something he described as “very dangerous” for the country.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1735961/amid-spate-of-arrests-imran-gives-army-chief-benefit-of-doubt

Listening to Adil Raja and Haider Mehdi, this guy Asim Munir is perhaps the biggest IK hater in the army and the Sharifs, Zardari agreed to his appointment and celebrated it for a reason. He is fully on board with the plan to terminate IK and PTI from all levels in Pakistani Society and to return the political arena back to the 90's.

Listening to Adil Raja and Haider Mehdi, this guy Asim Munir is perhaps the biggest IK hater in the army and the Sharifs, Zardari agreed to his appointment and celebrated it for a reason. He is fully on board with the plan to terminate IK and PTI from all levels in Pakistani Society and to return the political arena back to the 90's.

No doubt he is. But the fake Hafiz needs to learn a lesson from Bajwas humiliation. You can hide and run but once you are seen, you will have to what's coming your way.

Add another 2 months and it will be a year since Imran Khan was overthrown and the nation of Pakistan thrown into the quicksand. The peoples of the land have barely moved a muscle in this time.

Either they lack the appetite for a revolution, or want the military to lord over them. Probably both. The people of Sri Lanka and Iran in the past got disgruntled with the status quo for much less.

According to Haider Mehdi and Adil Raja, Asim Riaz is on a clandestine visit to the US from the UK where he has gotten the green light from the US defense secretary to impose martial law in Pakistan and to make Bilawal the PM under his watch as a strong president but to do whatever if takes to get rid of IK from the political equation in Pakistan.

According to Haider Mehdi and Adil Raja, Asim Riaz is on a clandestine visit to the US from the UK where he has gotten the green light from the US defense secretary to impose martial law in Pakistan and to make Bilawal the PM under his watch as a strong president but to do whatever if takes to get rid of IK from the political equation in Pakistan.

These are just rumours..some defence analysts on twitter have claimed he was still in the uk and proved it by showing his plane was still parked at luton airport. There's no concrete evidence he has gone to the US. There is frankly no need.

As for.hafiz being anti Imran. Well fine then he can rule over a ghissa pitta mulk with no money...if they touch ik remittances will become a pittance. He can export cow dung and sand and hope for the best..

Sadly all the rumours have proven to be true and so will this. Billo as PM will be pretty much like him Foreign Sec, a kid with no job, no support, less than 1% at the last count but a big brief case. PK is a powder keg and it's only because of IKs patriotism that the fuse hasn't been lit. If NS or AZ had even 10% of the support he has, we would be in total chaos. But our Establishment see caring for PK as a weakness and not something to be supported.

Hmmm..... coincides with Bajwa's statement of the so called danger IK poses.

So Munir is ticking the checkboxes, visited Saudi, UK, rumoured US next. Only capital left is Beijing. But there's no way the public are going to buy any sort of care taker govt. with Bilawal on top. IK will not remain quiet, or worse if the establishment tries to silence him then his supporters will be out on the streets. There's no easy exit out of this quandary!

I think it's the fear of worldwide embarrassment that is bothering many.

When it comes to embarrassments, no one is ever gonna top the IK and Putin meeting when an attack on Ukraine was being launched.

When it comes to embarrassments, no one is ever gonna top the IK and Putin meeting when an attack on Ukraine was being launched.

I think you know well what the background was and by the way isn't that the same Putin our current regime is all pally with to get some cheap fuel?

Bro look he will never be the second coming of Benazir or his grandfather.

I think you need to look elsewhere for a good PPP leader as he is not that.

I think you know well what the background was and by the way isn't that the same Putin our current regime is all pally with to get some cheap fuel?

Bro look he will never be the second coming of Benazir or his grandfather.

I think you need to look elsewhere for a good PPP leader as he is not that.

As long as he can mend the foreign relations and fix the inflation by limit the spending in our economy, we would be back on track.

The fear of Bilawal. Oh im loving it :))

I read in the other thread you are Punjabi, any specific reason to support PPP when Sindh is actually at bottom level of so many indexes inspite of years of ruling by the Bhuttos?

With the LHC decision ordering the Punjab, KPK Governors and the Election Commission to hold the provincial elections within 90 days i.e. in the second and third week of April 2023, the only way out for the PDM is blatant obvious rigging or Gen Asim Munir taking over and declaring Martial Law similar to Zia ul Haq in 1977.

COAS assures businessmen ‘worst is behind us'
Finance Minister Ishaq Dar was invited by the army chief to attend the session

Army chief General Asim Munir, in a meeting with the top 10 businessmen of the country, on Monday night assured them in the presence of Finance Minister Ishaq Dar that the worst is behind us, the country has overcome the possibility of default and we will prevail as a nation.

There is no official word available about the meeting, but sources said the army chief sounded optimistic throughout the meeting and exuded confidence that the current economic difficulties would be overcome. He asked the businessmen to stay firm and confident.

According to a source, the army chief told the top businessmen representing different sectors that nations face difficult times and we are also facing tough times, but the worst is behind us and we will prevail. General Asim repeatedly referred to Islamic teachings to assure his audience that Pakistan will successfully overcome the present testing times.

One of the participants, who attended the meeting but insisted to remain anonymous, said the businessmen had requested the army chief for this meeting. Finance Minister Ishaq Dar was invited by the army chief to attend the session, which was termed very successful by the businessmen.

The businessmen were told by the army chief and the finance minister all prior conditions of the IMF had been met and the deal was expected to be done within days. The meeting was told the IMF has asked that agreements with friendly countries for the provision of dollars to boost the country’s foreign exchange reserves should also be documented.

The businessmen were told commitments had been secured from friendly countries for investments in agriculture, mining and IT. The government expects advanced equity from these countries. It was said the civil and military leadership acted in tandem for securing these commitments.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/1047595-coas-assures-businessmen-worst-is-behind-us

COAS assures businessmen ‘worst is behind us'

ISLAMABAD: Army chief General Asim Munir, in a meeting with the top 10 businessmen of the country, on Monday night assured them in the presence of Finance Minister Ishaq Dar that the worst is behind us, the country has overcome the possibility of default and we will prevail as a nation.

There is no official word available about the meeting, but sources said the army chief sounded optimistic throughout the meeting and exuded confidence that the current economic difficulties would be overcome. He asked the businessmen to stay firm and confident.

According to a source, the army chief told the top businessmen representing different sectors that nations face difficult times and we are also facing tough times, but the worst is behind us and we will prevail. General Asim repeatedly referred to Islamic teachings to assure his audience that Pakistan will successfully overcome the present testing times.

One of the participants, who attended the meeting but insisted to remain anonymous, said the businessmen had requested the army chief for this meeting. Finance Minister Ishaq Dar was invited by the army chief to attend the session, which was termed very successful by the businessmen.

The businessmen were told by the army chief and the finance minister all prior conditions of the IMF had been met and the deal was expected to be done within days. The meeting was told the IMF has asked that agreements with friendly countries for the provision of dollars to boost the country’s foreign exchange reserves should also be documented.

The businessmen were told commitments had been secured from friendly countries for investments in agriculture, mining and IT. The government expects advanced equity from these countries. It was said the civil and military leadership acted in tandem for securing these commitments.

According to a source, the army chief was asked by the businessmen why the establishment was not making politicians sit together to meet the serious challenges faced by the country.

The businessmen conveyed to the army chief the nation expected the military would not allow polarisation and chaos to deepen any further.

The source said the army chief said the military was playing its role and trying to develop unanimity.

It was also said by one of those present in the meeting that there was only one hurdle in reaching the much-needed unanimity.

Ten businessmen – five each from Lahore and Karachi – met the army chief.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/1047595-coas-assures-businessmen-worst-is-behind-us

Hahaha, only in Pakistan would the army chief poke his nose into economic matters like these. Also a big LOL at: "Finance Minister Ishaq Dar was invited by the army chief to attend the session"

Hahaha, only in Pakistan would the army chief poke his nose into economic matters like these. Also a big LOL at: "Finance Minister Ishaq Dar was invited by the army chief to attend the session"

I think the COAS took Dar along so that no one directly points out that he's not a finance expert. Not that Dar is much of one anyways but at least he adds legitimacy as finmin

The fake Hafiz is compromised and yesterdays death at the hands of his thugs is murder charge. Just like Bajwa, he has no idea what he is doing and he is only in the job because he like Bajwa is being blackmailed

Businessmen assail Imran over COAS meeting criticism
PTI leader Fawad Chaudhry has said, “we know these businessmen well who were involved in the regime change. They only meet to protect the mafia”

In a meeting with members of the business community, Army Chief Gen Asim Munir assured them they will jointly steer the country out of problems. He told the businessmen the friendly countries were willing to invest in the sectors of information technology, agriculture, mining and real estate.

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), however, is not happy over the businessmen meeting with the Army Chief. Calling the business community a mafia, the PTI has added them to the list of people who they blamed toppled party’s government. The party said businessmen painted a gloomy picture of the country before the then Army Chief, Gen Bajwa.

In a tweet on March 7, PTI leader Fawad Chaudhry reacted to the meeting saying, “We know these businessmen well who were involved in the regime change. They only meet to protect the mafia”.

When contacted the businessmen who were not only the participants of the meeting with Army Chief Gen Asim Munir but also held meetings with former Army Chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa, gave their stance with a condition they would not be named. A businessman said, “What can I say over this weird utterance. The regime change allegation has been shifted to the business community from America”.

Another businessman said, “Army Chief’s interference in the economic matters and practice of business community meetings with him was started by Imran Khan himself. Imran Khan called us and assured improvement when the activities of NAB and the economic policies hit business community. For a guarantee, he asked us to meet the Army Chief”.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/1048422-businessmen-assail-imran-over-coas-meeting-criticism

Businessmen assail Imran over COAS meeting criticism
PTI leader Fawad Chaudhry has said, “we know these businessmen well who were involved in the regime change. They only meet to protect the mafia”

In a meeting with members of the business community, Army Chief Gen Asim Munir assured them they will jointly steer the country out of problems. He told the businessmen the friendly countries were willing to invest in the sectors of information technology, agriculture, mining and real estate.

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), however, is not happy over the businessmen meeting with the Army Chief. Calling the business community a mafia, the PTI has added them to the list of people who they blamed toppled party’s government. The party said businessmen painted a gloomy picture of the country before the then Army Chief, Gen Bajwa.

In a tweet on March 7, PTI leader Fawad Chaudhry reacted to the meeting saying, “We know these businessmen well who were involved in the regime change. They only meet to protect the mafia”.

When contacted the businessmen who were not only the participants of the meeting with Army Chief Gen Asim Munir but also held meetings with former Army Chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa, gave their stance with a condition they would not be named. A businessman said, “What can I say over this weird utterance. The regime change allegation has been shifted to the business community from America”.

Another businessman said, “Army Chief’s interference in the economic matters and practice of business community meetings with him was started by Imran Khan himself. Imran Khan called us and assured improvement when the activities of NAB and the economic policies hit business community. For a guarantee, he asked us to meet the Army Chief”.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/1048422-businessmen-assail-imran-over-coas-meeting-criticism

We know that mafia were all involved and that has become obvious. The businessman would have caused chaos if the economy had melted like this under IK

PAC orders inquiry into breach of army chief, family’s personal data

The parliament’s Public Accounts Committee has sought a criminal case against Nadra officers who allegedly breached the data and accessed personal information of the army chief’s family.

The meeting on Thursday, chaired by MNA Noor Alam Khan, expressed serious concerns over media reports about the breach.

Those involved in this data theft should be behind bars, Mr Khan said, while adding that Military intelligence and ISI should be made part of the investigation in this matter. “It should be determined how the family’s personal information was stolen.”

The committee also summoned the Nadra chairman who was unable to attend the meeting due to his other engagements. This agitated Mr Khan who said the news was all over the media and he also saw a vlog in which two journalists discussed the issue.

In a vlog earlier this week, two journalists, Azaz Syed and Umar Cheema claimed that in October 2022, the personal data and travel records of COAS Asim Munir’s family were allegedly accessed by Nadra officers in a bid to stop his appointment as the army chief.

The COAS was then serving as a lieutenant general, in line to be appointed to the top post.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1746352/pac-orders-inquiry-into-breach-of-army-chief-familys-personal-data

PAC orders inquiry into breach of army chief, family’s personal data

The parliament’s Public Accounts Committee has sought a criminal case against Nadra officers who allegedly breached the data and accessed personal information of the army chief’s family.

The meeting on Thursday, chaired by MNA Noor Alam Khan, expressed serious concerns over media reports about the breach.

Those involved in this data theft should be behind bars, Mr Khan said, while adding that Military intelligence and ISI should be made part of the investigation in this matter. “It should be determined how the family’s personal information was stolen.”

The committee also summoned the Nadra chairman who was unable to attend the meeting due to his other engagements. This agitated Mr Khan who said the news was all over the media and he also saw a vlog in which two journalists discussed the issue.

In a vlog earlier this week, two journalists, Azaz Syed and Umar Cheema claimed that in October 2022, the personal data and travel records of COAS Asim Munir’s family were allegedly accessed by Nadra officers in a bid to stop his appointment as the army chief.

The COAS was then serving as a lieutenant general, in line to be appointed to the top post.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1746352/pac-orders-inquiry-into-breach-of-army-chief-familys-personal-data

Look no further than Khusra Nadeem. This is part of the power struggle at the top of the crooked GHQ. It has been widely reported that COAS has disappointed NS by only killing a PTI members and not killing IK. And he is setting the ground work for the removal of Munir.

COAS Asim Munir in China on four-day visit to enhance bilateral military relations: ISPR

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir is in China on a four-day official visit aimed at enhancing bilateral military relations with the neighbouring country, according to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

“COAS is on a four-day official visit to China for enhancing bilateral military relations,” the military’s media wing said in a brief statement released on Sunday.

During his visit, the army chief will hold meetings with the Chinese leadership, Radio Pakistan reported.

This is COAS Munir’s fourth overseas visit ever since he took charge as the army chief. Earlier this year, he undertook a week-long official visit to UAE and Saudi Arabia and held meetings with the top leadership of the Gulf states.

During the visit, the officials reviewed Pakistan’s bilateral ties with the two countries and discussed ways to strengthen the relations.

Later in February, the COAS visited the United Kingdom for meetings on defence-related issues. He also attended a conference at Wilton Park, an executive agency created by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office to foster open dialogue between governments.

DAWN

:
The chief military spokesperson has said Pakistan Army is a "national army" and that all politicians and parties are "respectable.

In a maiden press conference on Tuesday, Director-General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry gave detailed briefing on the current security situation both on eastern and western borders as well as other professional matters.

However, during a question answer session, the DG ISPR also spoke about the role of army in the Punjab elections, social media campaign against the military leadership and possibility of disciplinary action against the retired generals.

"Pakistan Army is a national army… for us all politicians, all parties are respectable," Maj Gen Sharif said while replying to a question.

He said that everyone has the right to have an opinion, adding that Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir has reiterated that people of Pakistan are the source of power.

"The army will not want to go to any one ideology or party. Every region is represented in the army. The cooperation of the army with them is to the extent of operations against terrorism," he stressed.

Read Swat CTD blast 'not terrorist attack'

The DG ISPR, while answering a question regarding the campaign against the army on social media, said that using army for a particular political or religious cause can lead to chaos.

He further said that both the people and the army would not want the army to be associated with any particular political party.

"Political leaders should strengthen our thinking. The army and the politicians have a non-political relationship, it will not be appropriate to give it a political colour."

When asked about the arrest of Lt Gen (retd) Amjad Shoaib, the DG ISPR said, "Veterans (retired soldiers) are our asset. Their sacrifices are for the forces of Pakistan. Veteran groups are not political organisations, but charitable organisations. They should not do politics."

In response to a question regarding the provision of military personnel for elections in Punjab, he said that the deployment of Pakistan forces is done by the federal government under Article 245. The position that the Ministry of Defence has told the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) and the Supreme Court (in this matter) is based on the facts on the ground.

When he was asked about the current army chief's statement in parliament wherein he stated, “We should talk about our Pakistan instead of Naya or Purana Pakistan', the DG ISPR explained that, the army chief had said that to deal with the challenges, all the stakeholders of the country should establish a consensus.

Read More Military op to root out terrorists on the cards

When asked if Imran Khan had become a security risk and is there going to be an emergency or martial law in the country after Eidul Fitr, Gen Chaudhry said that propaganda against the military authorities is being carried out on social media through anonymous accounts. "Now it is up to you how you see it."

When asked whether General (retd) Qamar Javed Bajwa and General (retd) Faiz should be court-martialed as there was perception that both ex-generals exceeded their mandate and are responsible for the current mess, he said for any news related to the army, keep your eyes only on the press release of ISPR as they were the only source.

"Many fake accounts of ISPR are active on social media… keep an eye on authentic accounts only. In this way, you will not go to anxiety-type questions and assumptions.”

Major General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry said that the army has its own detailed system. "If there is any criticism, it is dealt with, but the system is based on facts and due process. Its aim is to provide justice to all parties. Its purpose is not to act on the basis of rumours."

The DG ISPR further said that there is a difference between the defence budgets of Pakistan and India as the budgets of the neighbouring country have been higher for decades, but every single soldier of the Pakistani army is dedicated to the spirit.

Read Also RAW may exploit fault lines in Pakistan

He said that India's aggressive ambitions and baseless allegations cannot change history. "Kashmir's officially recognised disputed status cannot be changed. Kashmir has never been an integral part of India, nor will it ever be."

The army chief made the first visit to the Line of Control (LoC) and conveyed the message that the Pakistani Army is capable of defence, and if necessary, the battle can be taken to the enemy's territory.

"Any adventure will be met with a strong response. In Pulwama, the Indian authorities launched an attack with their own planning."

The DG ISPR also briefed the media on security-related matters, particularly condemning 56 ceasefire violations by India along the Line of Control (LoC).

Major General Chaudhry maintained that these violations by the neighbouring country included 22 cases of speculative fire incidents, three airspace violations, six minor incidents of ceasefire violations and 25 technical air violations.

Meanwhile, Pakistan has shot down six Indian spy quadcopters. The DG ISPR also stressed that Pakistan was forever prepared to fully counter such aggressions by India.

Read Swat CTD blast 'not terrorist attack'

"Indian oppressive ambitions [in Illegally Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir], baseless allegations and false claims cannot change historical facts," he said.

"The globally accepted status of Kashmir's disputed status cannot be changed" by Indian efforts, the DG ISPR underscored.

"After taking office, the army chief made his first visit to the LoC and sent a clear message that Pakistan's forces are prepared to defend every corner of the country," he said adding that "if need be, then we can take this battle into the enemy's territory".

"We are a battle-hardened army and are forces which are led from the front by the officers," he stressed.

"India had advanced by a properly planned effort in February 2019 in Pulwama, as verified by their own governor Satya Pal Malik and ex-army chief," the DG ISPR said underscoring that it was the Pakistani forces' "operational preparedness" that defeated their efforts.

He also lauded the security forces for their counter-terrorism efforts.

'There is no no-go area in Pakistan'

The DG ISPR during his press conference stressed that terrorists, plotters and facilitators involved in the incidents of terrorism were also exposed and arrested.

He lauded the efforts of security forces engaged in anti-terrorism activities, paying tribute to the 137 officers and men that were martyred and 117 officers and men that were injured during the operations since January.

"The entire nation pays tribute to these brave sons and their families who sacrificed their precious lives for the peace and security of the country," he said.

"No one should doubt the resolve, commitment and capabilities of the Pakistan Army, law enforcement agencies (LEAs) and intelligence agencies to eradicate terrorism," the DG ISPR added.

"Our successful war against terrorism will continue till the end of the last terrorist," he stressed.

General Chaudhry also said that "in the war against terrorism, scholars and media have also played their full role, which is commendable" as they have collectively "rejected the false narrative of the TTP".

"No individual or armed group can be allowed to take the law into their hands," he said, "societies develop only with the supremacy and observance of the law."

In the present year, 219 events of terrorist activity have been reported in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P), followed by 206 n Balochistan, six in Sindh and five in Punjab.

General Chaudhry also revealed that a total of 8,269 intelligence-based operations (IBOs) have been conducted as a result of which 1,535 terrorists have been killed or apprehended.

Of these, 4,040 IBOs were conducted in Balochistan, another 3,591 in K-P, 119 in Punjab and 519 operations were conducted in Sindh.

The DG ISPR revealed that on average over 70 IBOs were being conducted daily by the army, police and LEAs since January.

Read More Military op to root out terrorists on the cards

He said that successful IBOs against terrorist networks led to the identification of the suicide attacker in the February 11 bombing at Mari Petroleum Company in North Waziristan.

Speaking of the January 23 attack on the Police Lines in Peshawar, the DG ISPR said that the suicide bomber had belonged to Jamaat-ul-Ahrar in collaboration with Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).

General Chaudhry informed the media about the February 23 Karachi Police Office Building attackers as well, all three of whom were killed.

"Three masterminds of this attack were also arrested afterward," he said noting that explosives and other ammunition were also retrieved from them.

'Work on border fencing almost complete'

The DG also revealed that most of the work on border fencing has been completed along a total of 3,141 kilometres in an effort to curtail terrorist activity.

"Under border management, more than 98% of work on the 2,611 km Pak-Afghan border has been completed while more than 85% of work on the Pakistan-Iran border has been completed," he said.

"85 per cent of the forts have been completed to prevent the movement of terrorists on the Pak-Afghan border," he continued, "while 33 per cent of the forts on the Pak-Iran border have been completed and the work on the rest of the forts is going on rapidly."

"Through a dedicated effort, the Pakistan Army has completed demining in 65 per cent of the tribal areas in K-P," he added.

He also highlighted the socio-economic uplift project is underway to ensure stability and perpetual peace in the region, in particular, in the tribal areas of K-P.

Read Also RAW may exploit fault lines in Pakistan

"3,654 developmental projects were launched in K-P with a cost of Rs162 billion," he said adding that 85% of projects including the construction and rehabilitation of markets, educational institutions, hospitals and communication infrastructure have been completed. Apart from this, 95% of the affected population has also returned to their homes.

"The peace and order situation in Balochistan has improved compared to earlier," he said stressing that "the security of CPEC and other projects is being ensured by Pakistani forces and other law enforcement agencies by making great sacrifices."

Army expenses to be reduced

He also revealed that Pakistan Army, after a detailed review of its operational and especially non-operational expenses in view of the current economic conditions, has decided that all types of expenses will be reduced for the betterment of the economy.

"In this regard, along with the reduction in petroleum, ration, construction, non-operational procurement, training and non-operational movement, simulator training and online meetings are being conducted using modern technology to reduce costs in this area as well," he said.

Responding to a journalist's query on former army chief General (retd) Qamar Jawed Bajwa's continued influence on the military, the DG ISPR maintained that while "everyone was entitled to their opinion", the centre of "real power" was the nation.

He maintained that the army is focused on rooting out terrorism from the country and respects all political parties.

This was General Chaudhry's first press conference since taking office in December. He had replaced Lieutenant General Babar Iftikhar.

Express Tribune

A corrupt destructive army leadership ,working for mafia and Foreign interests keeps proclaiming its neutrality, but no one believes them. I wonder why?

COAS Asim Munir in China on four-day visit to enhance bilateral military relations: ISPR

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir is in China on a four-day official visit aimed at enhancing bilateral military relations with the neighbouring country, according to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

“COAS is on a four-day official visit to China for enhancing bilateral military relations,” the military’s media wing said in a brief statement released on Sunday.

During his visit, the army chief will hold meetings with the Chinese leadership, Radio Pakistan reported.

This is COAS Munir’s fourth overseas visit ever since he took charge as the army chief. Earlier this year, he undertook a week-long official visit to UAE and Saudi Arabia and held meetings with the top leadership of the Gulf states.

During the visit, the officials reviewed Pakistan’s bilateral ties with the two countries and discussed ways to strengthen the relations.

Later in February, the COAS visited the United Kingdom for meetings on defence-related issues. He also attended a conference at Wilton Park, an executive agency created by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office to foster open dialogue between governments.

DAWN
Can China keep him.

We dont want him

The military’s media wing clarified on Friday that a former army chief's “off the record” claims about Pakistan army’s "combat worthiness" were “quoted out of context” in the media.

“Recently, there have been discussions in media on Pakistan army’s combat worthiness in view of the condition of certain weapon systems on its inventory,” stated the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

The military’s media wing added that the “views of former army chief on future threat to Pakistan, which he shared with media persons in an off the record interactive session, have been quoted out of the context”.

“Army assures the people of Pakistan that we always took and will continue to take pride in our operational preparedness and utmost combat worthiness,” the ISPR further added.

The statement maintained that "Pakistan’s Armed Forces always did and will continue to keep their weapons, equipment and battle hardened human resource ever ready for the defence of the motherland."

Read 'Safe, foolproof and free': PMO dismisses nuclear rumours

The ISPR’s statement comes as former army chief Gen (retd) Qamar Javed Bajwa reportedly, in an off the record interview, stated that Pakistan Army lacked weapons due to financial crunch.

Earlier this month, it was reported that incumbent Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Syed Asim Munir visited the Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), where he was briefed on the progress of ongoing projects and the latest developments in defence production.

According to the ISPR, the army chief was briefed during his visit on the technical capabilities of the HIT, the progress of ongoing projects, indigenisation efforts, and recently undertaken modernisation measures.

The COAS also visited various factories of HIT and witnessed the manufacturing, rebuilding, and upgradation of tanks, Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs), enhanced protection solutions, remote weapon systems, and indigenous 155mm artillery gun barrels for the Pakistan Army.

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir on Saturday said he was determined to not only defeat the attempts by Pakistan’s enemies to “drive a wedge” between the people and the armed forces but also “preserve and further solidify” their bond through “selfless performance” of constitutional duties.

Addressing the passing out parade of the Pakistan Military Academy in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Kakul, the army chief said: “Remember, people are central to the unity of the state and our future, as well as progress, depends on internal cohesion, democracy and constitutionalism.

“Our enemies are hell-bent upon driving a wedge between our people and armed forces for their ulterior motives. We will ensure that this bond is preserved and further solidified through selfless performance of the duties entrusted to us within the confines of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir on Saturday said he was determined to not only defeat the attempts by Pakistan’s enemies to “drive a wedge” between the people and the armed forces but also “preserve and further solidify” their bond through “selfless performance” of constitutional duties.

Addressing the passing out parade of the Pakistan Military Academy in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Kakul, the army chief said: “Remember, people are central to the unity of the state and our future, as well as progress, depends on internal cohesion, democracy and constitutionalism.

“Our enemies are hell-bent upon driving a wedge between our people and armed forces for their ulterior motives. We will ensure that this bond is preserved and further solidified through selfless performance of the duties entrusted to us within the confines of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”

There is a wedge because Chaprasis like you serve the interest of predatory mafia. You have appointed illegally, you were a retired General back as a Chaprasi.

Army chief General Syed Asim Munir has said that “all the planners, abetters, instigators and executors of vandalism” on May 9 will be brought to justice.

“The armed forces will not tolerate any further attempt of violating the sanctity and security of its installations or vandalism,” he said while addressing the officers during a visit to the Corps Headquarters Peshawar on Saturday.

The army chief emphasised on the evolving threats to national security. “We shall continue with our endeavors of peace and stability and there will be no room for spoilers of the process,” he said in his address days after rioters ran amok in different cities of the country, vandalising installations of security forces.

The army chief was given a detailed briefing on the prevailing security situation and ongoing counter-terrorism efforts. He appreciated the professional competence, performance and achievements of the law enforcement agencies in the ongoing fight against terrorism.

Gen Asim also sensitised about challenges of information warfare and efforts to create misperceptions. He highlighted that a concerted effort is being made maliciously by inimical elements to target the armed forces. He pledged that such nefarious attempts will be foiled through the support of people of Pakistan.

Earlier on arrival, the COAS was received by the corps commander Peshawar.

In an unprecedented show of vandalism, PTI supporters had attacked and caused damage to the historic Corps' Commander’s House — originally known as Jinnah House and which once served as the residence of the founding father of the nation, Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah — and other military installations including attacking the GHQ building in Rawalpindi hours after the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) arrested former prime minister and PTI chief Imran Khan in the Al-Qadir Trust corruption case on May 9.

The ousted prime minister was arrested from inside the premises of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) earlier that day, triggering protests in many cities of the country by party activists and supporters as they clashed with the law enforcement agencies.

An FIR was later registered against leaders and activists of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf for attacking and damaging the state properties and installations.

Army chief General Syed Asim Munir has said that “all the planners, abetters, instigators and executors of vandalism” on May 9 will be brought to justice.

“The armed forces will not tolerate any further attempt of violating the sanctity and security of its installations or vandalism,” he said while addressing the officers during a visit to the Corps Headquarters Peshawar on Saturday.

The army chief emphasised on the evolving threats to national security. “We shall continue with our endeavors of peace and stability and there will be no room for spoilers of the process,” he said in his address days after rioters ran amok in different cities of the country, vandalising installations of security forces.

The army chief was given a detailed briefing on the prevailing security situation and ongoing counter-terrorism efforts. He appreciated the professional competence, performance and achievements of the law enforcement agencies in the ongoing fight against terrorism.

Gen Asim also sensitised about challenges of information warfare and efforts to create misperceptions. He highlighted that a concerted effort is being made maliciously by inimical elements to target the armed forces. He pledged that such nefarious attempts will be foiled through the support of people of Pakistan.

Earlier on arrival, the COAS was received by the corps commander Peshawar.

In an unprecedented show of vandalism, PTI supporters had attacked and caused damage to the historic Corps' Commander’s House — originally known as Jinnah House and which once served as the residence of the founding father of the nation, Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah — and other military installations including attacking the GHQ building in Rawalpindi hours after the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) arrested former prime minister and PTI chief Imran Khan in the Al-Qadir Trust corruption case on May 9.

The ousted prime minister was arrested from inside the premises of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) earlier that day, triggering protests in many cities of the country by party activists and supporters as they clashed with the law enforcement agencies.

An FIR was later registered against leaders and activists of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf for attacking and damaging the state properties and installations.

Why can’t this criminal of an Army chief can be investigated?

Why can’t an FIR be issued against him leading to his immediate arrest?

What he is saying is shameful and embarrassing - an Army should NEVER raise its weapon on its own people.

This guy needs to be kicked out and brought to justice.

This is the right way forward.

Wonder in which other country this happens?

==

RAWALPINDI: United Arab Emirates (UAE) President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed on Monday telephoned Chief of Army Staff (COAS0 General Asim Mir.

During the telephonic conversation, bilateral defense and military relations were discussed between the two Islamic brotherly countries۔

Both leaders emphasized the need to further promote mutual defense and military cooperation.

Imran had no objection to Gen Asim Munir’s appointment as COAS: President Arif Alvi

President Arif Alvi has said former prime minister Imran Khan had not objected to the appointment of Gen Asim Munir to the post of chief of army staff (COAS).

The president said this in reply to a question on Geo News show ‘Capital Talk’.

He further shared during the interview that Imran had asked him to convey to then-army chief retired Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa that the “next COAS would be the one decided by the institution”.

The president added that even in meetings between retired Gen Bajwa and Imran, “no preferences were shared” regarding the next COAS.

Imran had no objection to Gen Asim Munir’s appointment as COAS: President Arif Alvi

President Arif Alvi has said former prime minister Imran Khan had not objected to the appointment of Gen Asim Munir to the post of chief of army staff (COAS).

He further shared during the interview that Imran had asked him to convey to then-army chief retired Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa that the “next COAS would be the one decided by the institution”.

The president added that even in meetings between retired Gen Bajwa and Imran, “no preferences were shared” regarding the next COAS.

IK tried to give this crook a chance. The Sharifs didn't appoint him because he was the best man for the job. They appointed him because he is useless and will take orders. But once old whisky gets a taste of power, Nani will quite literally melt. Bhutto appointed Zia because he was thick, NS appointed Mush and they didn't end well and NS appointed Bajws and then Bajwa didn't save him, and then tried to save him but IK destroyed both. They plan.....

IK tried to give this crook a chance. The Sharifs didn't appoint him because he was the best man for the job. They appointed him because he is useless and will take orders. But once old whisky gets a taste of power, Nani will quite literally melt. Bhutto appointed Zia because he was thick, NS appointed Mush and they didn't end well and NS appointed Bajws and then Bajwa didn't save him, and then tried to save him but IK destroyed both. They plan.....

Munir is a different kettle of fish. I think the shariefs are going to find out what this guy really is. Contrary to popular belief he doesn't want to completely finish Khan. They are just hazing him. Pressurising him. Khan is still an asset. Showbaaz and ganja on the other hand are expendable and in the coming days and months we will see this slowly come to pass.

They want biloo to be the PM but Khan as the opposition. I don't see any place for the Nawaz gang. Things will slowly unfold in this way. This is my analysis. I could be wrong but I think Munir is biding his time and playing ganja.

Munir is a different kettle of fish. I think the shariefs are going to find out what this guy really is. Contrary to popular belief he doesn't want to completely finish Khan. They are just hazing him. Pressurising him. Khan is still an asset. Showbaaz and ganja on the other hand are expendable and in the coming days and months we will see this slowly come to pass.

They want biloo to be the PM but Khan as the opposition. I don't see any place for the Nawaz gang. Things will slowly unfold in this way. This is my analysis. I could be wrong but I think Munir is biding his time and playing ganja.

Spot on.

From whatever I seen and read of him, he is right now on path to establish his complete dominance. He will crush whoever challenges him at this point. And that challenge seems to be coming from PTI. But he may not kill them off completely. He has already closed his circle and is in process purging his core team.

He will not be close to any party. He seems calculative and ruthless. But he may not go for martial law either. Imran perhaps also recognizes this and is in his his own way grovelling and kissing the ring of the alpha. Not easy considering he is himself an alpha in the room. But this is not a confrontation which he can win unless the intent is to cause split in institutions. In which case, there will be an even sharper response.

Interesting. So he is accepting that IK was okay to give up his constitutional authority and be subservient to the "Institution". Alvi is perhaps sending message to Munir.

So finally the future of PTI depends on if IK can convince Munir that he will be his good boy. That he is okay to wear the leash. IK seems to be also accepting this fact.

So finally the future of PTI depends on if IK can convince Munir that he will be his good boy. That he is okay to wear the leash. IK seems to be also accepting this fact.

I think that is what Imran does the best.

The army showed him his place

IK destroyed Bajwa? :)))

Bajwa made a fool out of IK by getting an extension and retiring on his own time. Meanwhile IK was to become the first PM of Pakistan to lose the peoples confidence. IK was thrown out of the NA and out his PM seat.

LOL IK destroyed them both :))), Bajwa destroyed IK

Khan fired Munir after he told the then premier Khan of Punjab CM and Farah Gogi's (first lady's best friend) corruption.

Khan is the ultimate king of making horrible decisions. The king of own goals!

Back