Generational chokers vs chokers of the decade, whose curse will finally end?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
It is quite ironic, that as soon as Mr. Duckworth passed away, South Africa finally reaches an ICC final.

At one side we have the generational chokers who have choked in ICC tournaments when they fielded top class teams, they also go by the name of South Africa

On the other side are the chokers of the decade, who have built a quality team in the last 10 years and have manage a great win record but have not been able to finish well to life the trophy. They are also known as India.

So whose curse is finally going to break?`

Last edited by a moderator:
Get that headline correct.

Both are top teams and far superior cricket nations than Pakistan can ever dream of.

Since 1990, both teams are only behind Australia as a cricket nation and ahead of England and others (New Zealand, Pakistan, Windies, Sri Lanka).

Get that headline correct

Both are top teams and far superior cricket nations than Pakistan can ever dream of.

Since 1990, both teams are only behind Australia as a cricket nation and ahead of England and others( New Zealand, Pakistan, Windies, Sri Lanka).
He himself says that he started watching cricket since 2006.

It is quite ironic, that as soon as Mr. Dockworth passed away, South Africa finally reaches an ICC final.

At one side we have the generational chokers who have chocked in ICC tournaments when they fielded top class teams, they also go by the name of South Africa

On the other side are the chokers of the decade, who have built a quality team in the last 10 years and have manage a great win record but have not been able to finish well to life the trophy. They are also known as India.

So whose curse is finally going to break?
Chokers of decade are Pakistan. They have lost so many games where win percentage was 90% plus in there favor.

Get that headline correct, little kid.

Since 1990, both teams are only behind Australia as a cricket nation and ahead of England and others( New Zealand, Pakistan, Windies, Sri Lanka).

Win the tournament and remove the tag.

Someone seems nervous

The g

Chokers of decade are Pakistan. They have lost so many games where win percentage was 90% plus in there favor.
A team is labelled chokers when generally they are a good side but certain situations and events that are generally accompanied with high stakes, bring the worst out of the team.

So nope, Pakistan haven't choked, they are just bad.
Pakistan were chokers though until a few years ago.

Get that headline correct, little kid.

Lol what. India in the 90s were only decent at home. Complete minnows away.

After the final there will be only one choker left.
Its soo funny seeing indians attack pakiatan here.

Bhai, just win it and have the tag removed. Simple

Pakistan this pakistan that...

Inshallah if india wins, than indian poster can go around saying in the last 5 years or 7 years india has won more icc tournaments.

Since 1990, both teams are only behind Australia as a cricket nation and ahead of England and others (New Zealand, Pakistan, Windies, Sri Lanka).
You are all alone here my friend!! We have changed the current and most likely the future but cannot change our past.

1719532964573.png

Lol asia cup? I thought you lot didnt care about that.

Both side of fans are already getting defensive.
Getting defensive? PCT lost to part timers in super over and it went to super over with a last 4.. bro defensive? I’m being offensive

Inshallah if india wins, than indian poster can go around saying in the last 5 years or 7 years india has won more icc tournaments.
I am not attacking Pakistan but the current Pakistan team, my cricketing heroes are Pakistani but they are commentating now with frustration. Its was exhilarating to be a part of an unforgettable experience of having to stand and applaud as a kid with my dad at the MA Chidambaram stadium 25 years ago as Pakistan did a victory lap. This Pakistan team is not even a shadow of that team. And that annoys me.

If you are going to be technical under-19 world cup is organized by ICC. INdia has reached 5 finals in a row. Won 2 of them (2018, 2022)
They will be like - Men’s ICC trophy conveniently ignoring their worldcup ODI performances since 2015..

Why do you want to gloat about the Trophy Pakistan won? You hate the captain who won it for Pakistan. It’s a part of Pakistan’s identity

If you are going to be technical under-19 world cup is organized by ICC. INdia has reached 5 finals in a row. Won 2 of them (2018, 2022)
so you are saying in the last 10 years the only acheivement India has is an u19 trophy?

sure, if you say so

One side would have the opportunity to remove the choking tag.

Saffers are favorites.

He is trying to find some purpose to get through the week :dhoni
I've always maintained the policy of not celebrating beforehand in any aspect of life. But some of these posters are simply LOL worthy. If I dislike a team and want them to lose, I'd rather mention it bluntly rather than calling the other team favourites when they are clearly not. Make no mistake, India might as well lose, but SA favourites?​

I've always maintained the policy of not celebrating beforehand in any aspect of life. But some of these posters are simply LOL worthy. If I dislike a team and want them to lose, I'd rather mention it bluntly rather than calling the other team favourites when they are clearly not. Make no mistake, India might as well lose, but SA favourites?​
There is a fine line between "wish" and "fact" . YOu only get "wish" being passed off as "fact".

Who decides who is favorite? You? LOL.

I recognize people may have different opinions.

My opinion is Saffers are favorites. If they lose, it would be due to nerves probably. South Africa have every base covered.

Criteria

If a team almost lost to Bangladesh, USA, Nepal, England then they are favorites.

SA's bowling = India's bowling.

SA's batting > India's batting.

SA's fielding > India's fielding.

Conclusion: SA are favorites.
Genius, don't u consider sa can't play kuldeep and they lost odi series against an india third eleven due to kuldeep.

Newbie commenting here but have been following this space for the past 8+ years.

Genuine question: Why do Bangladeshis and Pakistanis really dislike Indian Cricket Team in spite of the fact that we were all once the same country? I mean, when we play against each other, it makes sense of course, but when any other South Asian country plays against a white country, why do other South Asian countries not support their fellow peers? I live in Canada and sure, if Canada plays the US, I’d definitely cheer for Canada but if the US plays against say, France, I’d rather support the US, as they are our next door neighbours.

The mother of all chokes was orchestrated by Babar , Rauf and co. against USA in this tournament. Neither SA nor India have ever choked to such an extent .

That was the greatest choke in the history of cricket followed by the great choker Misbah against Joginder Sharma.

Newbie commenting here but have been following this space for the past 8+ years.

Genuine question: Why do Bangladeshis and Pakistanis really dislike Indian Cricket Team in spite of the fact that we were all once the same country? I mean, when we play against each other, it makes sense of course, but when any other South Asian country plays against a white country, why do other South Asian countries not support their fellow peers? I live in Canada and sure, if Canada plays the US, I’d definitely cheer for Canada but if the US plays against say, France, I’d rather support the US, as they are our next door neighbours.
I can understand the Ind-Pak rivalry. If Pak were playing a final, I'd turn up hoping to watch them lose in spectacular fashion, for the laughs. But if they do play well, I'd be resentful but hopefully not bitter about it. It's just sporting rivalry. The problem happens when you bet your irl mood on the fortunes of your traditional rival and find any excuse to pretend why you don't want them to win. That's when you deserve to start getting mocked.

As for BD fans snapping at India, I really don't understand it. They have suffered so many painful close losses and 1 big win 17 YEARS AGO. It just becomes funny after a while.

I hope SA wins their first world cup and remove the choker stigma.

If they win it'll be a undefeated world cup for them. As it will be for India too

I remember the last time a team won undeafeated was Aus in 2003 and 2007 world cup

so you are saying in the last 10 years the only acheivement India has is an u19 trophy?

sure, if you say so
Along with 4 consecutive BGTs, which is an achievement more valuable than any World Cup.

It is quite ironic, that as soon as Mr. Dockworth passed away, South Africa finally reaches an ICC final.

At one side we have the generational chokers who have chocked in ICC tournaments when they fielded top class teams, they also go by the name of South Africa

So whose curse is finally going to break?
At least Ind and SA choke in semi finals and in finals. There is a team which chokes against minnows like USA, Ireland, Zimbabwe, if there is a chance against Uganda too. What you call that team?

Yes.

I recognize people may have different opinions.

My opinion is Saffers are favorites. If they lose, it would be due to nerves probably. South Africa have every base covered.
Saffers are a good team but you said the same about England before today.

I think you go out of your way to not give credit to Indian team, which is fine but hope you are aware.

I think SA is going to choke again and Lose the final. No doubt, SA is having a great tournament so far, but they might end up on the losing side once again due to extra pressure on them being called a choker etc etc. They never played any final before so the stage will be new for them to stand on.

Hoping South Africa finally win some silverware. I really like this unit led by Aiden Markram. The Barbados pitch will suit them more than Arnos Vale or Providence would have. I think Barbados is probably the most balanced pitch in the tournament. Has something for bowlers and batters. You can get a good score on this wicket but also chase it down. India though are in some serious form having run through England and Australia. Eventhough they are essentially playing with 9 players.

I think South Africa invented choking. Unfair to call India chokers. They have just been unlucky.

India vs South Africa, India will easily win. India is a complete team. South Africa is not. Simple as that and with Australia out of the finals, India’s chances have never been better.

India was comprehensively defeated in all eliminators comfortably. They didnt lose from a winning position. Unfair to call them chokers

India was comprehensively defeated in all eliminators comfortably. They didnt lose from a winning position. Unfair to call them chokers
SA choked within the last moments of the game, India has been choking through out the knock out game... a slow grinding pain that never goes away.

I think South Africa invented choking. Unfair to call India chokers. They have just been unlucky.

India vs South Africa, India will easily win. India is a complete team. South Africa is not. Simple as that and with Australia out of the finals, India’s chances have never been better.
They've been called chokers cause when they reach finals or semi's one of these 2 they have a habit of not just losing, but losing painfully.

Only game I can think of that was actually a good competition was West Indies vs India in 2016 I believe.

Otherwise they crash out in spectacular fashion.

2023 final was mostly one sided with just those 3 wickets at 40 being the only scare.

2022 semi final was a horror show.

2021 was a butchering to the point they didn't even reach semi's.

2019 was an entire collapse against NZ where the top order fell like a house of cards and even when they were getting close their wasn't a single moment in the game where you felt India had the winning position.

2017 was an again a horror show in the final.

South Africa start as favourite. We need to remove Dube and get Jaiswal in and send Kohli on 3 where he can play his natural game and not start acting like he’s Gayle.
Even Dravid himself can give better output than Dube Maharaj.

sure, if you say so
Bhai, the actual achievement of Indian cricket is that we actually own cricket.
And we have been the most consistent team which is watched by most number of people.

These are hard facts, no amount of singular match failures (knockouts) can erase the quality of Indian cricket .

That's the impact I would take in a heartbeat in place of some trophies that are, if you look at it carefully, just ego boosters.

Do not call India chokers. As an Indian fan, even when India won 2011 world cup I was aware of rub of green going indias way ( Ex: pakistan dropping sahcin 4 times in SF in 2011) Even when India won 2007 t20 final, the shot of misbah and run out of imran nazir were luck going indias favour.

There is a great article which talks about element of luck in winning ICC tournamanets. Even todays semifinal against ENG, rohit was dropped very early in the innings. Luck going indias favour.

2023 pitch doctoring + toss going against AUS 2019 semis rained over night and indias innings pushed to next day and started in overcast conditions. 1999 final PAK too was bundled out for 132 in overcast conditions.

Srilnaka reached final of 2007 and lost to AUS 2011 , again they have reached ODI Final and lost to Inida in the final . 2012 t20 world cup Srilanka lost to West indies in the final before eventually winning the final against India in 2014 t20 final.

Srilanka lost 3 finals ... were they chokers ? or consistent enough to reach 3 finals .

India might have lost 2 WTC finals but they were hosted in ENG in seaming conditions which traditionally favour AUS/ENG than subcontinent teams. The WTC final could have been any where in bangaldesh/Srilanka/Dubai and India would have won both of the WTC finals.

Team winning a final/losing it is always about thin margins. Do not belittle constistency of any team incuding India by belittling with biased posts/tags like chokers.

Getting defensive? PCT lost to part timers in super over and it went to super over with a last 4.. bro defensive? I’m being offensive
Yes you are getting defensive.

While Pakistan might lose to USA in a super over, India lost a WC final at home - nothing will ever top this, considering how the WC was orchestrated for an India, and Modi win.

If India win the T20 WC, then Indians can brag about their 1st ICC win in 11 years, after spending Billions on failure.

It is a tough one to call for various reasons.

But If India lose then the salty tears of 1 billion Indians could trigger an environmental crisis.

If they win their will be an increase in keyboard sales as all Indians come online and ruin the Internet for everyone else.

Yes you are getting defensive.

While Pakistan might lose to USA in a super over, India lost a WC final at home - nothing will ever top this, considering how the WC was orchestrated for an India, and Modi win.

If India win the T20 WC, then Indians can brag about their 1st ICC win in 11 years, after spending Billions on failure.

England lost 3 WCs at home on a trot
Australia lost twice
SA lost at home.

Infact before 2011 no team had won a home WC.

Failure? This is India's third ICC final in 12 months in three different formats in 3 different regions. India has been performing well consistently in all formats.

Its funny Pakistan has reached just one final in last 5 years. If there's a failure, its that.

South Africa have only ever choked in the semi finals.

India are serial chokers in finals. WC16, CT17, WC23, and Test Championship finals.

Hmmmmmm.

Maybe my screen is broken.

@Major did you mention Pakistan in your post?

Seems to be a normal modus operandi of our Indian friends. Any mention of any weakness in India and outcomes Pakistan.

Getting boring.

I can understand the Ind-Pak rivalry. If Pak were playing a final, I'd turn up hoping to watch them lose in spectacular fashion, for the laughs. But if they do play well, I'd be resentful but hopefully not bitter about it. It's just sporting rivalry. The problem happens when you bet your irl mood on the fortunes of your traditional rival and find any excuse to pretend why you don't want them to win. That's when you deserve to start getting mocked.

As for BD fans snapping at India, I really don't understand it. They have suffered so many painful close losses and 1 big win 17 YEARS AGO. It just becomes funny after a while.
India and Pakistan is not sporting rivalry. It is enmity, which finds an expression in sports.
India Australia is sporting rivalry.

Seems to be a normal modus operandi of our Indian friends. Any mention of any weakness in India and outcomes Pakistan.

Getting boring.
I find it rather funny like a tenth grade fail making fun of someone who failed to clear chartered accountancy exam final.

Finally after long time two most deserving team are reached in Final

There was no fluke win , no dependency on other teams or anything like rain etc

When was last time two quality deserving tean reached in the finale??

Chokers or not, India's lack of success in ICC tournaments is worrying for a team which has enjoyed a lot of success in bilateral series.

The team needs to put it behind it's back and winning here is the only way. Soon the seniors will be gone and transitions aren't always smooth

Getting boring.
Nope, but one thing i did noticed is that by dragging pakistan into an unrelated discussion, it shows that indian fans are nervous and coming up with excuses in advance.

Atleast have hopein your team.

I still believe that India is more than likely to win compared to South Africa

I find it rather funny like a tenth grade fail making fun of someone who failed to clear chartered accountancy exam final.

Not that I see any connection with the thread, note that being unable to understand the question being asked in an exam is also a likely cause of failure.

Now get back to topic or you will not see your posts on this thread.

Nope, but one thing i did noticed is that by dragging pakistan into an unrelated discussion, it shows that indian fans are nervous and coming up with excuses in advance.

That's the thing, India has had the ability to win almost all of the ICC events in the last decade.

And the reason we did not had nothing to do with our cricketing ability.

And we are not nervous, we are just habitual to the idea of things not going our way when in knockouts.

And I atleast, have made peace with India being really good at cricket, but not getting recognition for it.

Very Tesla vs Edison if you think about it.

One wants to drag pakistan in the discussion, and another wants to keep pakistan away from the discussion. The one who is dragging Pakistan in this has a valid reason, that Pakistan have similar choking records in ICC finals, Semis. So why does another side wants to deflect any attention on that?

India are chokers, Pakistan are chokers. But one side wants to hide that fact for Pakistan.

No one likes to be called chokers. Indian fans would be nervous and give excuses. Pakistan fans do that same, by denying choking and saying it is not relevant to discussion, when both India and Pakistan have similar records in choking.

One wants to drag pakistan in the discussion, and another wants to keep pakistan away from the discussion. The one who is dragging Pakistan in this has a valid reason, that Pakistan have similar choking records in ICC finals, Semis. So why does another side wants to deflect any attention on that?

India are chokers, Pakistan are chokers. But one side wants to hide that fact for Pakistan.
Plz check the two finalist of this icc event.

Thanks

Plz check the two finalist of this icc event.

Thanks
So you want me to create a thread to discuss Pakistans choking in Finals, semis and now group stages?

I like people to enjoy, not have pain. Why do you want me to do something I don't like. If I create a thread because that is what you want, it will be painful and even disrespectful to those players and fans.

I am convinced that Major is a closet India fan and this thread is basically to anti jinx.

Just one more day to prove or disprove this.

Back