Generational chokers vs chokers of the decade, whose curse will finally end?

Didn't India beat Australia in group 2023?

Clueless posting.

Yes, India beat Australia in the group. So? Who is making the excuse that Australia were an ATG side? The Aussie team in 2023 was not ATG. India beat them in the group and should have beaten them in finals as well.

Unlike your cop out, that Aussie were an ATG side in 1999, that is why we lost to them, and did not choke.

I liked your post.

If India lose, they keep being chokers.

If India win, you said they could win even 10 years and still wouldnt matter.

So in short, no matter what India does, its not good enough?

Thats a lot of pent up emotion there bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked your post.

It is unsurprising to see you defend India.

No I did not say if India win 10 years. I said if India win the next 10 WCs they will not get over the WC23 choke. Please watch yesterday's post match interview, Rohit Sharma is visibility and mentally scarred after the WC23 choke. Alan Donald doesn't hold a candle.

Though funny how you criticise Pakistan for failing to meet expectations, but here defending India with all the talent, money, professionalism, and dominance in the past decade yet have failed to meet the expectations of silverware.

No I did not say if India win 10 years. I said if India win the next 10 WCs they will not get over the WC23 choke. Please watch yesterday's post match interview, Rohit Sharma is visibility and mentally scarred after the WC23 choke. Alan Donald doesn't hold a candle.

Though funny how you criticise Pakistan for failing to meet expectations, but here defending India with all the talent, money, professionalism, and dominance in the past decade yet have failed to meet the expectations of silverware.
How do you know lol, a 100 trophies won't heal the scars of Mohali but you ain't ever gonna win again so we'll never know

From Rohit Sharma you made the jump to all of India?

Which means you can generate a distribution with a single data point. Something which even the best statisticians cannot do.

You should win the Nobel for the shortest research paper.

Don't worry, Indians already have a solid excuse. It is the curse of Modi hashtag panauti. It is not Indian team, it is the PM, who is responsible for the lack of ICC trophies during his reign.

From Rohit Sharma you made the jump to all of India?

Which means you can generate a distribution with a single data point. Something which even the best statisticians cannot do.

You should win the Nobel for the shortest research paper.

Don't worry, Indians already have a solid excuse. It is the curse of Modi hashtag panauti. It is not Indian team, it is the PM, who is responsible for the lack of ICC trophies during his reign.
You really are afraid of losing tomorrow.

Look on the bright side. If you do lose tomorrow than you'd be immune to the loss considering India's choking record in the finals.

You really are afraid of losing tomorrow.

Look on the bright side. If you do lose tomorrow than you'd be immune to the loss considering India's choking record in the finals.
You speak the truth.

I am indeed afraid, but not because Indian team will turn into Pakistani team of 99 during the finals, but because indians will again blame my qaid-e-hind Modi ji as #panauti. He has been waiting to congratulate the team but everytime he has to turn into Chief Consolator and Hug Distributor when the team loses.

Dont think u know what Stockholm syndrome is
Its you actually.

You dont see Pak fans spending their time on Indian forums, but you can always count on Indian fans making themselves at home with Pak fans.

Let me know when the penny drops.

You speak the truth.

I am indeed afraid, but not because Indian team will turn into Pakistani team of 99 during the finals, but because indians will again blame my qaid-e-hind Modi ji as #panauti. He has been waiting to congratulate the team but everytime he has to turn into Chief Consolator and Hug Distributor when the team loses.
You got to admit, he is bad luck. Since 2014, India have never won an ICC tournament. Beyond coincidence I think.

Its you actually.

You dont see Pak fans spending their time on Indian forums, but you can always count on Indian fans making themselves at home with Pak fans.

Pakistani fans don't spend time on Indian forums is because we have a strict quality check.

It is you Pakistanis who allow the lowest of Indians, like me, who should worry about their standards for membership.

Pakistani fans don't spend time on Indian forums is because we have a strict quality check.

It is you Pakistanis who allow the lowest of Indians, like me, who should worry about their standards for membership.
No one forces Indian fans to join Pakistan forums.

Who is forcing you?

Since 2014 India has been trying to emulate the class of Pakistan 99 WC final, the ultimate in choking.

Emulation is the best form of flattery. You should be flattered.
India trying to emulate Pakistan. Always knew India had an identity crisis, didn't realise it was this bad.

Its you actually.

This could be argued both ways. Why are so many threads created about India in a Pakistani forum

Lol straight up crap..

There are hundreds of Pakistanis on Indian forums who usually are barsati mendaks and pop up only when Pakistan wins a game against India. It's just that their team is absolute garbage and gives them probably one chance in 3-4 years to come out of their wells.

reality is India could win the next 10 WCs but nothing will ever supersede the pain, humiliation, trauma, and mental scarring of generations, of the WC23 choke.

T20WC win for India will be a mere consolation prize like bread crumbs.

I suppose You're Speaking from first hand experience ehh? Considering that the big match WC win loss tally for Pakistan vs India stands at 1/16 lol ?

Losing to roti/chawal/rice/dhokla eating Indian XI for a grand Sum of 30+ yrs must rankle big time.

Its you actually.

There is actually no dedicated cricket forum for Indians bcoz Indians are simply not that obsessed with cricket any more. Indians used to be cricket crazy 20 years back. Not any more

Like 1 thing I noticed is Pakistan news channels have long hours of coverage every day even though Pakistan is out. U wont see anything like that on Indian news channel. Some coverage for India games but that's about it

There is actually no dedicated cricket forum for Indians bcoz Indians are simply not that obsessed with cricket any more. Indians used to be cricket crazy 20 years back. Not any more

Like 1 thing I noticed is Pakistan news channels have long hours of coverage every day even though Pakistan is out. U wont see anything like that on Indian news channel. Some coverage for India games but that's about it
You also watch Pak news channels? Indians are not obsessed with news either?

I think you are just posting a defence mechanism. Indians are very much obsessed with cricket, the IPL, the packed grounds (home and away), the money, the chest thumping, all prove it.

It is ok to say Indians lost interest after losing the WC23 final, and have now regained it, but to claim Indians are not obsessed with Cricket is stretching it beyond one's imagination.

There is a forum for Indian cricket, but it's not well moderated and there's a lot of abuse

You also watch Pak news channels? Indians are not obsessed with news either?

I think you are just posting a defence mechanism. Indians are very much obsessed with cricket, the IPL, the packed grounds (home and away), the money, the chest thumping, all prove it.

It is ok to say Indians lost interest after losing the WC23 final, and have now regained it, but to claim Indians are not obsessed with Cricket is stretching it beyond one's imagination.
We don't watch Pakistani news channels. They are banned in India

But often see video clips on twitter or youtube. Like this Inzimam video clip. I just find it weird that Pakistan is having so much discussion on T20 WC when they are out.

We don't watch Pakistani news channels. They are banned in India

But often see video clips on twitter or youtube. Like this Inzimam video clip. I just find it weird that Pakistan is having so much discussion on T20 WC when they are out.
There is a WC tournament going on. You expect Pakistan news channels to stop discussing the tournament with Pakistan out?

Do you expect nations to stop broadcasting a tournament even though they're out?

There is a WC tournament going on. You expect Pakistan news channels to stop discussing the tournament with Pakistan out?

Do you expect nations to stop broadcasting a tournament even though they're out?
That's what happens in India. Like India went out in 1st round at T20 WC in 2021 & most news channels stopped covering the event after that. Oustide the India matches - there is not much news coverage

While Pakistan is till going on & on with endless news coverage even with their team out 2 weeks back. As an Indian I find it bizarre. If u see last 2 weeks - most cricket related news & entertainment has actually come from Pakistan camp - Haris Rauf fight, Shahid Afridi selfie with Israeli, Babar fixing allegations, Gary Kirsten leaked memo, Inzimam tampering allegations - its daily dose of entertainment.

That's what happens in India. Like India went out in 1st round at T20 WC in 2021 & most news channels stopped covering the event after that. Oustide the India matches - there is not much news coverage

While Pakistan is till going on & on with endless news coverage even with their team out 2 weeks back. As an Indian I find it bizarre. If u see last 2 weeks - most cricket related news & entertainment has actually come from Pakistan camp - Haris Rauf fight, Shahid Afridi selfie with Israeli, Babar fixing allegations, Gary Kirsten leaked memo, Inzimam tampering allegations - its daily dose of entertainment.

Very much like Indian channels keep going on about war between the two nations, when there is no war.

I guess Indians are obsessed with war then.

Plenty of entertainment from the Indian camp too you just choose to ignore it cos you're fixated with Pakistani media channels. As an example, Shami's court case was like a desi episode of EastEnders. Who leaked that? Or Pandya falling out with MIs? Or your own media channels claiming CT17 and WC23 were fixed?

Anyways nothing against Pakistani fans. The thing is Pakistan is going thru a very bad phase. Political chaos, economic woes, debt crisis. The average Pakistani is living a very difficult life - relative to other Global South nations. In such situations sport becomes an escape from reality & source of joy. Unfortunately for Pakistani fans ,even their cricket team has declined badly & provides more misery than comfort

To make matters worse ur biggest " enemy " is so far ahead in every field. It only increases the sense of jealousy & bitterness. Which is why Pakistani fans love it when India loses. Its human nature

I just hope Pakistan recovers as a nation. So that their nation & their cricket team gives them more opportunities to celebrate.
This is a great analysis suitable for college classes but divorced from reality.

Indians were obsessed with cricket from day 1. Even in the 80s and 90s, when India were serial losers, Indians pretended they never watched matches, but deep down they were obsessed.

Now Indians have some money and an internet connection, the same fans and mentality start chest thumping thinking they are entitled to do so.

You can bet every penny that every Indian troll and user here had their lines prepared in the event India won the CT17 and WC23, but alas they were humiliated and humbled, yet pretend they were humble along.

Every Indian is bricking it tomorrow. Worried about what happens if India fails, ooops, chokes, in a final, again.

Bread crumbs for the win.

Can the Proteas save us from noise pollution tomorrow?

This is a great analysis suitable for college classes but divorced from reality.
I don't expect Pakistani fans to accept it and that's totally understandable. No human will publicly accept he is bitter due to jealousy & insecurity

Its like Man Utd fans trolling Liverpool for losing UCL final. But deep down inside it hurts them to see their biggest rival playing a UCL final while their own team struggles to qualify for Europa

Indians were obsessed with cricket from day 1. Even in the 80s and 90s, when India were serial losers, Indians pretended they never watched matches, but deep down they were obsessed.

Now Indians have some money and an internet connection, the same fans and mentality start chest thumping thinking they are entitled to do so.

You can bet every penny that every Indian troll and user here had their lines prepared in the event India won the CT17 and WC23, but alas they were humiliated and humbled, yet pretend they were humble along.

Every Indian is bricking it tomorrow. Worried about what happens if India fails, ooops, chokes, in a final, again.

Bread crumbs for the win.
Very insightful observations

I don't expect Pakistani fans to accept it and that's totally understandable. No human will publicly accept he is bitter due to jealousy & insecurity

Its like Man Utd fans trolling Liverpool for losing UCL final. But deep down inside it hurts them to see their biggest rival playing a UCL final while their own team struggles to qualify for Europa
Jealously and insecurity of what? Pakistan had money and internet access long before India did.

In the 80s and 90s, we won the Wc and the World Championship and pumped you in every single wc, the humiliation in Bangalore being the best.
Now Indians have some money and an internet connection
You don't even have that, how sad. No money, no future, no internet. Just despair everywhere

If India win tomorrow, then we will witness just how obsessed India is with cricket.

If India lose tomorrow, then switch to Netflix for the Kapil show. I hear it is where Indian cricketers retire.

Very insightful observations
It is a well known fact that during the 80s and 90s, posters of Pakistan players were plastered on ever other teenager's bedroom in India.

Posters of your arch rivals, in your bedroom, if this isn't obsession or Stockholm syndrome, then I don't know what is.

Lol Pakistan were in the last final and the time before that in the semi.

It's not as deep as you are making it.

Around that time your own pundits were wrist slitting.

And in the 2020 world cup who can forget the disgusting comments from Indian businessmen about Pakistan.

In the 80s and 90s, we won the Wc and the World Championship and pumped you in every single wc, the humiliation in Bangalore being the best.

You don't even have that, how sad. No money, no future, no internet. Just despair everywhere
Lol you seem unhinged.

Lol Pakistan were in the last final and the time before that in the semi.

It's not as deep as you are making it.

Around that time your own pundits were wrist slitting.

And in the 2020 world cup who can forget the disgusting comments from Indian businessmen about Pakistan.
Before the 2011WC, Indian media and pundits were going gaa gaa over the 'Teesra' delivery. It was breaking news across India.

🤣

Remember when England beat them in a test and they blamed Mushtaq Ahmed and Pakistan because Mushy was a bowling coach for England. It was a hit thread on PP back in the day.
Yes!

One of my other hit favourites, Jonathan Liew from the Telegraph and his article on Tendulkar in 2011 before the WC. JW almost handed himself in to MI6 for a new identity!

Global sea levels went up that period.

🤣

I'm fine bro but I think you should seek introspect a bit.

There must be a reason you are talking about alms in Pakistan the night before your team is in a T20 final.
Is that why your friend is talking about internet access and money the night before his arch rivals are in a wc final.

So a Pakistani can troll India but an Indian can't respond to it.

I am fine Bro, how about you tell this to the other guy too

You may not know this but Ind won the worldcup circa 1983 and the Benson and Hedges WC in 1985. Well before a certain Muscle/brawn bound sher team Could manage to do that .... worse it did not involve dodgy rain rules and getting pummelled by 3 or 4 top teams before reaching the finals like the said Sher team.

Our time will come when it will come. Right now it's PCT that needs to do something.

Why?

Why can't you enjoy your own team and not have to belittle other teams?

PCT has done plenty and it's legacy in cricket is unmatched in terms of impact and entertainment. The warrior culture of Pakistan cricket shall return much like the fallen Samurai whose stories still live on. This is just a lull.

Why?

Why can't you enjoy your own team and not have to belittle other teams?

PCT has done plenty and it's legacy in cricket is unmatched in terms of impact and entertainment. The warrior culture of Pakistan cricket shall return much like the fallen Samurai whose stories still live on. This is just a lull.

This thread belittling Indian team was opened by?

As long as you believe all that you said and continue to live in the past.....well cannot blame your team.

So, at the end of the day one of these teams will no longer be called as chokers. Thats awesome :)

I liked your post.

Where did i said india winning wont matter?

You are assuming things

5 finals, 5 chokes, 11 years.

T20 World Cup 2014
Champions Trophy 2017
World Test Championship 2021
World Test Championship 2023
ODI World Cup 2023

6th time lucky? It was for Tendulkar.

5 finals, 5 chokes, 11 years.

T20 World Cup 2014
Champions Trophy 2017
World Test Championship 2021
World Test Championship 2023
ODI World Cup 2023

6th time lucky? It was for Tendulkar.
Each time was against a new team.

Yes, India beat Australia in the group. So? Who is making the excuse that Australia were an ATG side? The Aussie team in 2023 was not ATG. India beat them in the group and should have beaten them in finals as well.

Unlike your cop out, that Aussie were an ATG side in 1999, that is why we lost to them, and did not choke.

PAK lost to AUS in 1987 semis which was an average side. India lost to ENG in 1987 semis which was an average English side.

2019 India lost to NZ in semis, NZ is no all time great side.

You may dislike india or can't stand them winning this World Cup. The preassure of knock out is same irrespective of whether the opponent is an all time great side or an above average side. Two best sides of the tournament on current form negate the history or pedigree.

Looks like the rain Gods want both teams to share the Trophy. Its raining heavily over there right now.

You got to admit, he is bad luck. Since 2014, India have never won an ICC tournament. Beyond coincidence I think.

Under Mudi's reign India have made AUS their she-dawg in tests pwning them home and away. And been the dominant test team of last 10 years.

Basically Mudi's charm works for the purest format.

lol India haven't even won yet and the meltdown has commenced for some :dhoni

Saw a funny video on twitter of a fan taking off jersey after jersey of different teams and eventually, the final one he is wearing underneath it all is that of the PCT xD

This thread is actually apt for the toss. Both captains looked nervous as hell hahaha gonna be great :ROFLMAO:

Game for the taking for SA but true test of choking coming up now!

South Africa choked it. THe curse has ended for India.

30 needed off 30 and South Africa let it go down to 16 needed off 6.

Man bumrah was good, but Hardik being this good? Hardik has proven his worth.

Back