Generational chokers vs chokers of the decade, whose curse will finally end?

I don't think 16 off 6 is easy, I don't even think 10 off 5 is easy. However, 27 off 28 with 6 wickets is way easier...on normal days I would assume.

Unless, of course, game has changed where even 16 off 20 is not a sure thing.
Yes, run a ball is normally easy to get in most days. But 27 off 28 became 16 off 6 due to some brilliant bowling and catch.

Aussies probably would've chased 30 off 30 down very easily. Even against Bumrah.

SA seemed nervous after 15th over. They panicked.
nope. AUstralia choked against Afghansitan, against a rubbish bowler called GUlbaddin

Yes, run a ball is normally easy to get in most days. But 27 off 28 became 16 off 6 due to some brilliant bowling and catch.
Yea.. My hope was Bumrah 12 balls 10 runs. That would leave 20 runs in 3 overs. The explanation by these guys is the best explanation i can think of. Because i said about this even before the match. Their last 5 batsmen can be reduced to nothing under pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was no way he was going to perform at his best against India.

When SA beat Pakistan, Indians were posting memes saying "one Maharaj is enough to beat 11 mullahs"

So his origins played a role in his lackluster performance
I am simply amazed that this kind of post that is nothing but pure hate based on religion is continuing to be live in this forum.

What are the.mods and admin doing ?

The guy literally opened up Indian batting with his brave bowling when they were going guns.

And he took 2-23 from 3 overs at ER of 7.6 on a pitch that was a nightmare for spinners - Jadeja and Axar leaked at ER of over 12 remember. Shams too leaked at 8.7 per over.

Unbelievable hate. Get well soon brother.

Aussies probably would've chased 30 off 30 down very easily. Even against Bumrah.

SA seemed nervous after 15th over. They panicked.
Lol, Australia literally choked just a couple of matches earlier against the same Indian attack.

Lol, Australia literally choked just a couple of matches earlier against the same Indian attack.
India also gifted 3 wickets reeling at 34/3 . It is not like INdia played perfectly without taking risks. How many wicket taking deliveries SA bowled actually. I can't think of one. They literally gave it away.

Only reason people think South Africa choked is OP and others who have never seen such high quality death bowling from their own team's bowlers.
Combination of both tbh. India bowled well but SA also played a part in that loss. Aus wouldn't have lost from 28 off 29.

To say SA choked that match is a disservice to how well India bowled at the death.

Combination of both tbh. India bowled well but SA also played a part in that loss. Aus wouldn't have lost from 28 off 29.
But Pak, NZ and Eng could have lost?

I don't think 16 off 6 is easy, I don't even think 10 off 5 is easy. However, 27 off 28 with 6 wickets is way easier...on normal days I would assume.

Unless, of course, game has changed where even 16 off 20 is not a sure thing.
Yeah. Think they messed it up trying to play out Bumrah, it got the RRR back into the equation.

Yah, it was so close. Probelm was poor tail who could not handle Indian pacers. Yes, Miller's could have still finished the game.
Think you messed it up by trying to see out Bumrah. Let him bowl to you and only pushed that RRR to 9+

Yeah. Think they messed it up trying to play out Bumrah, it got the RRR back into the equation.
Pakistan and Eng messed up trying to attack Bumrah....

They did not mess up trying to play out Bumrah. They messed up not going after Arshdeep. Miller should have faced all 6 balls of Arshdeep's over. That over was dot, dot, 1 in first 3 balls.

Pakistan, probably. NZ and Eng are hit and miss. Don't think Eng with their depth lose it.
Well, then we are making a point that Aus won't miss getting those runs with similar kind of effort from Indian bowlers and fielders in the last 5 overs.

So clearly, it's not as easy as some posters are making out if only one team was near certain to get those runs despite it's being run a ball with so many wickets.

It was combination of SA long tail and India being brilliant. Having said that I would think most teams will get run a ball with so many wickets most days because you are not going to have such 5 overs spells from any bowling unit every day.

Think you messed it up by trying to see out Bumrah. Let him bowl to you and only pushed that RRR to 9+
I am sure batsmen would love to hit Bumrah but it's not always easy in death overs when you have long tail coming after you. It's much easier in early overs without protections with plenty of batting behind.

It was not a 30 off 30 situation. Aussies generally do not choke.

Anomalies are not norms.
That we'll might br but India induced 2 massive chokes in 3 games- showing how good they are

So it's not fair to say that SA choked fully out of their own doing.

That we'll might br but India induced 2 massive chokes in 3 games- showing how good they are

So it's not fair to say that SA choked fully out of their own doing.
This was a choke bhai, we cant have the epic last ball visual like 99 Semi Final. India delivered no doubt but it was a choke the greatest heist by Indian seam bowling but also a heartbreaking tumble at the last hurdle for SA.

Honestly, After Bumrah's 16th over, it suddenly felt like the choke was incoming and then Klassen fell. This might be more painful than what we felt in Nov. SA had it in their clutches. Even in last over, if Sky had not delivered that magical catch. Naah, the mental block, the sense of inevitable fate being against you might be hard for SAffers.
Truly feel for them.

This was a choke bhai, we cant have the epic last ball visual like 99 Semi Final. India delivered no doubt but it was a choke the greatest heist by Indian seam bowling but also a heartbreaking tumble at the last hurdle for SA.

Honestly, After Bumrah's 16th over, it suddenly felt like the choke was incoming and then Klassen fell. This might be more painful than what we felt in Nov. SA had it in their clutches. Even in last over, if Sky had not delivered that magical catch. Naah, the mental block, the sense of inevitable fate being against you might be hard for SAffers.
Truly feel for them.
Actually, the whole match was made closer than it should be by a monumental blunder by Sharma to bowl Axar to Klassen. It made zero sense considering the pitch, the ineffectiveness of spinners and that Klassen and Miller also having just smoked Kuldeep for 14 runs.

SA still required 54 from 6 overs and Bumrah had 2 left. Had Bumrah came on at that juncture , India arguably would have closed out the game by say 18th over or so.

Instead idiotic move by Rohit almost gifted the match on a platter to SA.

yea

yeah why would they. They lost to Afghanistan and were kicked out of the tournament before they could reach the semis.

Pride hath a fall.
You can eliminate Australia easily during the group stages or even in a semi final.

Once they reach a final it's hell on earth. Again my question is when has Australia choked in a final?

2010, maybe
They got outplayed, they didn't choke.

Choking is what SA did and what pakistan did against India.

Big big difference. Even australia vs Afghanistan isn't a choke as Australia was always on the loosing end.

You can eliminate Australia easily during the group stages or even in a semi final.

Once they reach a final it's hell on earth. Again my question is when has Australia choked in a final?
Yeah that is something you can say about Australia. Don't let them go in the finals else forget about trophy.

Strange why people are mentioning Australia in this chokers thread.

Yeah that is something you can say about Australia. Don't let them go in the finals else forget about trophy.

Australia has lost in finals before. But choking means losing from a position you have no business losing from.

Sa had no business losing from 27 of 28 balls. Even if bumrah is bowling, Klaseen could have finished it in the pandya over, that ball wasn't even a wicket taking delivery, it was such a soft dismissal ong.

Same can be said for pakistan vs india 2 years ago, Pakistan had no business losing when 28 of 8 are required and kohli is playing lol, Who told rauf to bowl 3 full tosses to kohli and Nawaz to bowl a noball full toss and a wide.

Australia choked it against Afghanistan.

It should had been an easy win for the Aussies. Gulbaddin is not a kind of bowler who you give wicekets to as the guy is rubbish and bowls all over the wicket. It was against only Maxwell batting it out while everyone threw away their wicket and in the end, a game that Australia could had easily won, it was thrown away.

sweep shot siad that Australia would had won it easily when 30 off 30 was needed, but they have choked here already so one cannot say with 100% surety they would had not done so in the final.

Infact, teams that threw away winnable games did so because of the pitches. I think over the years, due to flat tracks, alot of players have got used to just hitting it out in the death overs that alot of these teams couldnt adjust to the wicekets here.

Australia choked it against Afghanistan.

It should had been an easy win for the Aussies. Gulbaddin is not a kind of bowler who you give wicekets to as the guy is rubbish and bowls all over the wicket. It was against only Maxwell batting it out while everyone threw away their wicket and in the end, a game that Australia could had easily won, it was thrown away.

sweep shot siad that Australia would had won it easily when 30 off 30 was needed, but they have choked here already so one cannot say with 100% surety they would had not done so in the final.

Infact, teams that threw away winnable games did so because of the pitches. I think over the years, due to flat tracks, alot of players have got used to just hitting it out in the death overs that alot of these teams couldnt adjust to the wicekets here.
Please check the definition of a choke. I'll give you a hint, Check Misbah.

Australia wouldn't choke from 30 of 30 especially in a final. They can lose a final by being outplayed and outgunned. Not by losing it from a winning position.

They got outplayed, they didn't choke.

Choking is what SA did and what pakistan did against India.

Big big difference. Even australia vs Afghanistan isn't a choke as Australia was always on the loosing end.
Then, when did Ind choke ever?

No one's even talking about SA now. Such is the choking stunt they pulled off.

Diabolical.

Then, when did Ind choke ever?
India hasn't choked as bad as SA but they've done certain things which they shouldn't have.

Bumrah no ball against Fakhar Zaman in ct 2017 was hugely costly and afterwards he bowled shockingly poor for his standards.

Pandya had recovered india and was thrashing spinners, he may not have taken them home as the score was too much, but he had no business being run out like that.

In 2023, They literally were caught napping in slips and caused Australia to get off to a flier. Despite recovering with 3 wickets, they let Australia go to town on them especially Travis. Lastly KL Rahul played a flop innings and no pitch pitch is an excuse. Kohli at the other end was slow but not that slow.

2017 and 2023 both were winning positions turned into losing positions, Fakhar's catch being a no ball and KL Rahul innings

India hasn't choked as bad as SA but they've done certain things which they shouldn't have.

Bumrah no ball against Fakhar Zaman in ct 2017 was hugely costly and afterwards he bowled shockingly poor for his standards.

Pandya had recovered india and was thrashing spinners, he may not have taken them home as the score was too much, but he had no business being run out like that.

In 2023, They literally were caught napping in slips and caused Australia to get off to a flier. Despite recovering with 3 wickets, they let Australia go to town on them especially Travis. Lastly KL Rahul played a flop innings and no pitch pitch is an excuse. Kohli at the other end was slow but not that slow.

2017 and 2023 both were winning positions turned into losing positions, Fakhar's catch being a no ball and KL Rahul innings
Ind were never in a winning position in 2017. Fakhar no ball was very early into the match. 2023, only for the first 7-8 overs were Ind anywhere in the reckoning. They were outplayed by 2 better teams on that day.

Ind were never in a winning position in 2017. Fakhar no ball was very early into the match. 2023, only for the first 7-8 overs were Ind anywhere in the reckoning. They were outplayed by 2 better teams on that day.
Fakhar was the key, no one else would have gotten 336. That was a costly mistake. Babar at 3 wouldn't have done a damn thing. Once a bottler always a bottler.

No one's even talking about SA now. Such is the choking stunt they pulled off.

Diabolical.
I had a thread ready at 30 for 30.

Oh man it was soo beautiful, i for a second forgot that SA could even chok this one up

Either they do a Hansie Cronje every tournament or are just pathetic chokers.. they shouldn’t enter icc tournaments stick to bilaterals.

Fakhar was the key, no one else would have gotten 336. That was a costly mistake. Babar at 3 wouldn't have done a damn thing. Once a bottler always a bottler.
So Fakhar was let off in the first half n hour of a 7 hour match in which Pakistan were frontrunners completely and you say Ind choked?

Win the tournament and remove the tag.

Someone seems nervous
We removed the tag and it is best suited to Pak. The worst chokers ever and choked against India when any team on the planet could have won that game

When you lose an argument, deflect. LOL. Typical Indian.

BD is a small nation. India is a large nation (larger landmass). That means they can accommodate more facilities/grounds.

Not to mention, India regularly gets preferential treatment by ICC.

Anyway, enjoy your World Cup. No need to derail the thread by bringing in Bangladesh (not the topic of the thread). I am not even a hardcore nationalist. You insulting BD doesn't affect me much.
No classic deflection, but answering you in the tone that you deserve.

For 11 years the likes of you have gloated and trolled over the trophy drought

Now that the droughts over, you and fellow trolls are being called out.

Yes India underachieved over last 10 years, but now its been corrected.

Why bring BD, well that's one way to troll you and I am enjoying putting the boot in.

So when are your lot ever going to win something meaningful?

BD is a small nation. India is a large nation (larger landmass). That means they can accommodate more facilities/grounds.

Not to mention, India regularly gets preferential treatment by ICC.

Anyway, enjoy your World Cup. No need to derail the thread by bringing in Bangladesh (not the topic of the thread).

200M people with a growing economy and tens of millions that have been invested in your cricket and you don't even have an Asia Cup to show for it.

War torn Afghanistan smashed and you lost a series to USA, a team of part time players

Back