"Haris Sohail has suffered a knee injury and is to return to Pakistan": Team Manager (2013)

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
"Haris Sohail has suffered a knee injury and is to return to Pakistan": Team Manager (2013)

The manager of the Pakistani cricket team currently touring South Africa has confirmed to PakPassion.net that Haris Sohail has sustained an injury round his knee area.

Based on the doctors advice, Haris will need 4 weeks of rehabilitation and the PCB has deemed it fit that Haris return to Pakistan and carry on his recovery there.

This is of course another blow to the injury situation for Pakistani team which has already seen Taufeeq Umar return with a similar problem.

According to Mr. Cheema. no replacement has been requested as of yet.

Replacement will probably another one of IQs personal favourites.

umar ak/fawad or umer amin will b replacment i guess

or ayub doger ,,

simply because he didnt do anything wrong in srilanka and just being apart of the squad might be good,

or go totally random and call yasir hameed back

Hopefully umar akmal, been avg over 56 in first class since he was last dropped from the sqaud. Really tough on haris, especially since I saw him getting an odi call up since I don't think yk will last in limited overs

Last edited:
Guys get real. obviously farhat will replace him or faisal iqbal.... seeing this i dont want to change the team as far as batting is concerned since they will put some other technique less moron. Haris really deserved a game. you know amazingly people are getting injured. first taufeeq and now haris. I wonder if :iqasim is behind this.

Last edited by a moderator:
ayub dogar will b better .. he can spend long time at crease

I see no point in investing in dogar, if a replacement is to be called it should be one of : umar akmal, Usman salahudin ,Amin or Ali waquas .

Last edited:
I would back him too but he wont be brought back. You see they increased the squad to accommodate :iqasim son in law but dogar isnt married to :Iqasim daughter so no i dont think there will be any changes.

hahaha true :afaq < this guy has also suffred due to politics

4 weeks rest...So,basically out of limited over squad as well.....

Hard luck boy after doing so well in domestic cricket,still not up there...

So close yet so far..:(

hammad azam was something to look into but he is just not good enough in bowling, so he will be the batting option

fawad will be ideal choice because umar akmal is already replaced by asad shafiq, fawad is the guy who can replace younus number 4 spot

hammad azam was something to look into but he is just not good enough in bowling, so he will be the batting option

fawad will be ideal choice because umar akmal is already replaced by asad shafiq, fawad is the guy who can replace younus number 4 spot

Hammad avgs 26 in first class. If someone's picked they woundt get a game barring injury. I wouldn't mind fawad though

It is very unfortunate. I think Umar Akmal or Fawad should be flied to SA. Hope he recovers fast, would have been a good learning experience for him had he lasted there for full tour, such a shame.

I would back him too but he wont be brought back. You see they increased the squad to accommodate :iqasim son in law but dogar isnt married to :Iqasim daughter so no i dont think there will be any changes.

36,11,2,15,32*,5,21,0,39,32,6,5,94*.31

Would you have a 33 year old with these scores this season, ahead of Umar Akmal or Fawad Alam...??..And note that 94* is against Quetta....

Anyway still we have 2 extra batsmen there,replacement is not needed IMO

Umar Akmal should be sent who ever is sent is unlikely yo get a game but Umar Akmal could get used to the conditions for the Odis

Has to be umar, he's the only player who can counter attack..

ahmed shehzad... maybe? lol
Some mohammed yousuf maybe an option, bit of experience is what the doctor ordered i guess

Aww man I knew he wasn't going to get a chance in tests and I didn't want him to either. But was looking forward to seeing him in T20s.

I don't think moyo has played competitive cricket for like a year or so, why would he be an option? :danish

for is temporary, class is permanent..
maybe the last chance he ever gets.. can't be much worse than some of the batsmen playing now, if farhat can get there, so can moyo

Would you have a 33 year old with these scores this season, ahead of Umar Akmal or Fawad Alam...??..And note that 94* is against Quetta....

Anyway still we have 2 extra batsmen there,replacement is not needed IMO

I would back fawad too but not umar akmal. Yes he can play fast bowling but he gives his wicket away. against south africa we need someone who can value his wicket. bot throw steyn for a few fours and make a quick 30 and then get out when it matters the most.

why didnt farhat suffer due to jamshed rise

We all know farharts story and to make it worse he is a domestic bully, Afaq in the mean while had a shocking first class season
if azam is good enough he should come but dont really think he will impress with the bowl seeing his bowling in asia cup

I think you misunderstood me . Hammad avgs 26 with the bat not ball in first class
Honestly speaking I think umar Amin is a better alrounder at this stage

Last edited:
no need to send replacement,just persist with these players and give them confidence so that they will perform better......if you send a replacement also he will not get a game when you have most experienced players in the squad.

Guys - dont refer to players by anything other than their names and keep their personal life out of it - Thanks

What is it with the current crop of youngsters - they keep breaking down!

Out for a while so guess he may not make it back to warm the bench for the limited overs series. Paves the way for a ttf/ol'timer to be recalled. Wonder when we will see Haris again????

What is it with the current crop of youngsters - they keep breaking down!

Out for a while so guess he may not make it back to warm the bench for the limited overs series. Paves the way for a ttf/ol'timer to be recalled. Wonder when we will see Haris again????

Against west indies may be.

"Haris Sohail has suferred a knee injury and is to return to Pakistan": Team Manager

Unlucky lad but he will get his chance
They should call up UA as his replacement

Waisay bechara Haris Sohail - clearly a case of "Khaya piya kuch naheen - glass tora Char annay!

Last edited:
As in poor guy didnt do anything - and on top of that suffered an injury as well

Lol at the people thinking either Fawad or Amin would be sent. I won't be surprised that if a back up is called up, it would be a Malik or some other has-been.

As in poor guy didnt do anything - and on top of that suffered an injury as well

Thanks!!It was just fun stuff to intrigue you MIG bhai...:p...

Just to add in;

"Poor guy!he did not tasted anything and on top of it broke the glass"

The sense is that he could not avail the opportunity and on top of it suffered a loss.A fortune turned out to be bad luck for him..

But MIG bhai what did you edit in my post?i can not see any change in it:13:

Last edited:
Apart from Faisal Iqbal who are the other back up batsmen? On a tour like this the likelihood is they could be required in the last game. Umar Akmal is the automatic replacement but he can't even get in the ODI team despite being the best batsman so it's unlikely Misbah will call him.

Re: "Haris Sohail has sufferred a knee injury and is to return to Pakistan": Team Man

Can we have a poll as to who the best replacement would be?

Thanks!!It was just fun stuff to intrigue you MIG bhai...:p...

Just to add in;

"Poor guy!he did not tasted anything and on top of it broke the glass"

The sense is that he could not avail the opportunity and on top of it suffered a loss.A fortune turned out to be bad luck for him..

But MIG bhai what did you edit in my post?i can not see any change in it:13:

sorry I edited my own quote ( I had written juch naheen when it should be Kuch naheen!)

pooor guy....so 2 guys sent home injured without any games.

hopefully umar amin replaces him

Re: "Haris Sohail has sufferred a knee injury and is to return to Pakistan": Team Man

Taufeeq and Haris both could have been very useful against Steyn cuz they are left handed. But injuries coming at the wrong time.

Terrible news, really wanted to see haris in the squad, more so disappointing because I though Haris will surely get a chance in the ODI's that follow the tests, 4 weeks could mean he'll be out of the ODI's as well, although they start pretty much about 4 weeks from now. Hopw Haris recovers quickly and get recalled, God willing.

People calling for Hammad's name pls tell what has he done to get selected in the test team?

Disappointing for the young Lad, Wonder why chumps like Farhat and Bhanja never get injured or will someone take the hint

Yaaaar, how unlucky. If Younus failed in the next test, Haris may have been selected for the 3rd test.

Now I hope Umar Akmal/Fawad Alam are called up to the squad.

The replacement (if there is one) will most likely be one of Umar Akmal/Fawad Alam/Umar Amin.

I'd go with Fawad Alam. It's time he got back into the squad. Not sure what else he can possibly do in order to earn the trust of the selectors.

Is he really injured or is he being sent back to make sure another lefty is accommodated in the team?

:farhat

seems stage is set to get safarshies a game. I would not mind it they need to face the heat too.

so let me understand we have enuff problems facing steyn when doing tuk tuk against him and ppl want to add another tuk tuk batsman like fawad alam in squad ppl use some common sense

remember nasir was attacking steyn and threw him off his line and lenght even saeed and gul were attacking and threw steyn off his length and as soon as the drink's break was taken saeed and gul started to do tuk tuk and lost their wicket

Basically managment needs to bring in the attacking batsman not one tuk tuk king after another

it's a good thing he was sheltered from the starting vi, he could have got injured, wait a minute..

Amin is the most likely replacement, umar akmal couldnt do any worse then anyone else

although i can see the shining light, the singing of the birds, the tulips rising and the call for fawad alam

I have a feeling minadad will make sure no replacement is sent so his bhanja has more chances of playing

Injured Haris Sohail out of South Africa tour

Pakistan batsman Haris Sohail has been ruled out of the ongoing tour of South Africa because of an ankle injury. He has returned home and is expected to need four weeks to recover. Pakistan have not named a replacement yet.

Sohail did not play the Johannesburg Test, which Pakistan lost by 211 runs after being dismissed for 49 in the first innings. He is yet to make his debut in any format for Pakistan.

Sohail had twisted his ankle in December, during a training camp in Lahore ahead of the tour of India, but had recovered in time to make the trip.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-pakistan-2013/content/story/603498.html

it's a shame he's going to miss out, he would have been useful in the ODI's and T20's. Imran farhat's already called up so i doubt a replacement will be requested.

Almost 6 years have elapsed after this news.

This is going to be his second tour of SA.

He was in form of his life 6 years ago when he suffered the injury blow.

This tour is going to be a huge Test of Haris's fitness. The grounds in SA take a huge toll on your knees, groin & hamstring. Haris's right knee (backfoot) is not 100 % since this injury blow and wrong management. He knows this. He believes that if he was a Right hand batsman he would have never played for Pakistan because of his knee.

Haris must give extra time to his fitness trainings before SA tour. He must remain fit especially keeping in mind the WC 2019 where his fifty in 3rd odi vs NZ recently is exactly what Pakistan will require of him.

He is the best FC batsman in Pakistan at the moment without any doubt. His runs in SA will be crucial for Pakistan.

This tour is going to be a huge Test of Haris's fitness. The grounds in SA take a huge toll on your knees, groin & hamstring. Haris's right knee (backfoot) is not 100 % since this injury blow and wrong management. He knows this. He believes that if he was a Right hand batsman he would have never played for Pakistan because of his knee.

Haris must give extra time to his fitness trainings before SA tour. He must remain fit especially keeping in mind the WC 2019 where his fifty in 3rd odi vs NZ recently is exactly what Pakistan will require of him.

He is the best FC batsman in Pakistan at the moment without any doubt. His runs in SA will be crucial for Pakistan.

why you guys gotta scare me like that, i thought this was a new story lol

2 weeks ago [MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] big blow

I thought he got injured again before I read the date of the posts.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">End of the tour for Haris Sohail. His knee injury has ruled him out of the series against South Africa <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SAvPAK?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SAvPAK</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1080397645150072832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What do you say bro ? [MENTION=142670]mak36[/MENTION]

Warning signs were there this could be a serious injury after he was ruled out before the 1st test, a back up player should have be flown out just in case.

Back