Haseeb Azam (Hammad's Brother)

Man I wish Hammad Azam was in our team, he's being wasted. Hope his brother is just as good as him

Looks like a decent bowling all rounder going from the statistics, just let's see how he develops his batting, but that 46 came in difficult conditions (157 AO)... wonder what kind of bowler he is, I know that he's taller than his younger brother so should get the extra-bounce and can't be slower than that post-injury Hammad we witnessed recently.

He is doing very well in this game.Hope he continues his form for the rest of the season.

I've followed him for around 2 years now. He looks more impressive then Hammad. Definitely a bowling all-rounder though.

26 years of age. 54 wickets from 17 games at an average of 22. Batting average of 26.

I remember Hammads brother played under 19 cricket against people like Uthappa, Raina and in the same team as Usman Qadir. I dont think he played in the U19 WC in 2004.

This is Haseeb

6004.jpg

We already have Anwar Ali, a bowling all-rounder who is being used to warm the bench. I'd be surprised if even Anwar gets a chance in the playing XI in the near future, let alone Haseeb!

He is having a great match along with Nasir Malik.I like Rawalpindi's policy of relying on young players.

We already have Anwar Ali, a bowling all-rounder who is being used to warm the bench. I'd be surprised if even Anwar gets a chance in the playing XI in the near future, let alone Haseeb!

Anwar Ali is not a bowling all rounder. He is bowler who can bat a little bit, just like :ajmal :gul :sohail & :tanvir

Both Haseeb and Hammad play for our club Alfaisal cc attock. They use to be regulars bt nw wid first class they only show up for some games when they r free. Haseeb is a gd bowler nw he swings the ball quiet a bit. He is a decent bat aswel bt in my point of view hammad is better jst going through rough patch.

Sent from my SKY IM-A650S using Tapatalk 2

We got a quick left arm bowler tayyab abbas can clock mid 140s and swings the ball use to play wid ziaulhaq in u19s bt is being ignored hope he makes it big 1 day as he is working on inswingers to right handers these days

We got a quick left arm bowler tayyab abbas can clock mid 140s and swings the ball use to play wid ziaulhaq in u19s bt is being ignored hope he makes it big 1 day as he is working on inswingers to right handers these days

How do you know that he clocks mid 140s?

i urge PPers to treat rawalpindi bowler averages with a pinch of salt, season by season they always have some of the lowest averages in the league, rashid latif (started at 35) was a medium pacer who averaged 15 for a season, sadaf averages 17 over a career, rameez averaged 20, nasir malik and haseeb azam average a smidge over 20.

rawalpindi batsmen also have really low averages, i dont think anyone has averaged over 50 in a whole season for pindi for quite some time so it may be really seam friendly conditions on there home ground.

as for hammad, he has been disappointing, he has regressed if anything. had a relatively poor presidents trophy, dont think he'll be selected any time soon. needs a solid domestic season with the bat next year.

Believe me Hammad will have a better International record than domestic.He is an enigma and needs to be backed.He needs Captain and Coach instilling him with confidence. Hammad is an asset who we are not using.

Anwar Ali is not a bowling all rounder. He is bowler who can bat a little bit, just like :ajmal :gul :sohail & :tanvir

Anwar has a FC batting average of 19.73, and a List A batting average of 20.52. Surely that's enough to class him as a bowling-allrounder?

And by the way Tanvir Ahmed cannot bat "a little bit". Tanvir Ahmed's batting>Gul, Sohail Tanvir, and Ajmal's batting combined! :)

Ok, I looked at :ajmal's & :gul's batting stats and they are not impressive, so forget about them.

Sohail Tanvir has a first class average of 28.16 with 4 hundreads and 11 fifties and a highest of 132(!)

Tanvir Ahmed has a first class average of 19.94 with 16 fifties and a highest of 90.

Anwar Ali has a first class average of 19.73 with 1 hundread and 4 fifties.

Now according to these stats, Sohail Tanvir is a much better batsman than both Tanvir Ahmed and Anwar Ali. I know that stats are not everything and the standard of our domestic league is also not the best. But still, this is what we got to make comparisons as long as all these three players don't get enough chances for the national team.

As for now, only Sohail Tanvir has gotten a lot of chances to bat for Pakistan, and I am sure you will agree with me that he is definatley not a bowling all-rounder?

Kukri just lays eggs, can't remember him doing anything different.

Alberto - you are absolutely correct most of the real great players are big match players and have better international records.
Only here on pp where domestic records count for selection or non selection. We taught the world of selecting players with raw talent not worried about first class exprience now the whole world is practicing this and succeeding other than us!!! Typical Pakistan regressing in every respect!!!

Last edited:
Hammad looks decent for Pakistan whenever he has played.He has not had the chance to play a long inning yet.He is the finisher that Pakistan need.Shoaib Malik should be replaced as he does not have the shots of Hammad.Hammad is a better boundary finder under pressure.Hammad can play fast bowling better than Malik. Also he has got a better temperament than Malik.

Ok, I looked at :ajmal's & :gul's batting stats and they are not impressive, so forget about them.

Sohail Tanvir has a first class average of 28.16 with 4 hundreads and 11 fifties and a highest of 132(!)

Tanvir Ahmed has a first class average of 19.94 with 16 fifties and a highest of 90.

Anwar Ali has a first class average of 19.73 with 1 hundread and 4 fifties.

Now according to these stats, Sohail Tanvir is a much better batsman than both Tanvir Ahmed and Anwar Ali. I know that stats are not everything and the standard of our domestic league is also not the best. But still, this is what we got to make comparisons as long as all these three players don't get enough chances for the national team.

As for now, only Sohail Tanvir has gotten a lot of chances to bat for Pakistan, and I am sure you will agree with me that he is definatley not a bowling all-rounder?

He was. But his batting has really been pathetic of late.

He is opening with the new ball, picked up 9 wickets in his first game for rawalpindi. Also score 33 runs

He is opening with the new ball, picked up 9 wickets in his first game for rawalpindi. Also score 33 runs

Rawalpindi pitch is known to be a bowlers paradise, I would wait until he goes to a more "normal" type pitch...hope that he does come good

None the less, good start to the season

Rawalpindi pitch is known to be a bowlers paradise, I would wait until he goes to a more "normal" type pitch...hope that he does come good

None the less, good start to the season

they were not playing in pindi

ZTBL (First innings) 173 all out in 56 overs (Anas Mustafa 55, 97 balls, 9x4s, Haris Majeed 46, 43 balls, 8x4s, Syed Touseeq Shah 4-49, Haseeb Azam 3-25)

(2nd innings) 71 all out in 29.4 overs (Muhammad Aamir 25, 57 balls, 5x4s, Syed Touseeq Shah 4-15, Haseeb Azam 3-21, Saad Altaf 3-33)

Rawalpindi Region (First innings) 115 all out in 48.4 overs(Haseeb Azam 40, 116 balls, 2x4s, 1x6, Muhammad Ali 5-31)

(2nd innings) 131-5 in 49.5 overs (Asif Ali 68*, 109 balls, 10x4, Haseeb Azam 36, 125 balls, 5x4s, Imran Khan Sr. 3-43, Muhammad Ali 2-32)

Ist innings: 40 runs off 116 balls , Bowling: 25-3
2nd innings: 36 runs off 125 balls, Bowling: 21-3

Last edited:
In previous game:
Ist Innings: 13 runs off 57 balls, Bowling: 50-1
2nd Innings: 70 runs off 136 balls, Bowling: 29-1

Last edited:
Pindi region cricket is amongst the most political in Pakistan and this is why this guy has not played as much as he should have.

Whatever happened to Hammad Azam though? I always thought he got a rough deal. From what I saw at the international level, he seemed to have a lot of potential.

Whatever happened to Hammad Azam though? I always thought he got a rough deal. From what I saw at the international level, he seemed to have a lot of potential.

He's playing for NBP this season.

Hamid never got a proper chance. Thought we were on to a winner when he started out only to hardly be given a chance after a few failures. He could have been similar to Afridi had we persevered with him:afridi

* UBL SPORTS COMPLEX GROUND NO 1, KARACHI

Karachi Region White (First innings) 491 all out in 118.4 overs (Khurram Manzoor 197, 218 balls, 32x4s, 3x6s, Shehzar Muhammad 95, 140 balls, 11x4s, Muhammad Hasan 70, 102 balls, 13x4s, Waqar Anwar 47, 38 balls, 5x4s, 2x6s, Anwar Ali 31, 67 balls, 5x4s, Umair Bin Yousaf 28, 76 balls, 3x4s, Haseeb Azam 4-71, Syed Touseeq Shah 3-130, Muhammad Nawaz 3-107)

2nd innings: 110 all out in 63.4 overs ( Shehzar Mohammad 24, 40 balls, 3x4s, Haseeb Azam 6-29, Saad Altaf 3-50)

Rawalpindi Region (First innings) 369 all out in 119.4 overs (Umar Waheed 114, 263 balls, 16x4s, Mohammad Nawaz 143, 200 balls, 19x4s, Mukhtar Ahmed 38, 70 balls, 6x4s, Umair Masood 35, 35 balls, 7x4s, 1x6, Waqar Anwar 5-60, Anwar Ali 2-29)

(2nd innings) 106-4 in 31 overs (Umar Waheed 39*, 68 balls, 5x4s, Naveed Malik 32, 58 balls, 4x4s, Muhammad Sami 2-15)

Result: Match Drawn

* UBL SPORTS COMPLEX GROUND NO 1, KARACHI

Karachi Region White (First innings) 491 all out in 118.4 overs (Khurram Manzoor 197, 218 balls, 32x4s, 3x6s, Shehzar Muhammad 95, 140 balls, 11x4s, Muhammad Hasan 70, 102 balls, 13x4s, Waqar Anwar 47, 38 balls, 5x4s, 2x6s, Anwar Ali 31, 67 balls, 5x4s, Umair Bin Yousaf 28, 76 balls, 3x4s, Haseeb Azam 4-71, Syed Touseeq Shah 3-130, Muhammad Nawaz 3-107)

2nd innings: 110 all out in 63.4 overs ( Shehzar Mohammad 24, 40 balls, 3x4s, Haseeb Azam 6-29, Saad Altaf 3-50)

Rawalpindi Region (First innings) 369 all out in 119.4 overs (Umar Waheed 114, 263 balls, 16x4s, Mohammad Nawaz 143, 200 balls, 19x4s, Mukhtar Ahmed 38, 70 balls, 6x4s, Umair Masood 35, 35 balls, 7x4s, 1x6, Waqar Anwar 5-60, Anwar Ali 2-29)

(2nd innings) 106-4 in 31 overs (Umar Waheed 39*, 68 balls, 5x4s, Naveed Malik 32, 58 balls, 4x4s, Muhammad Sami 2-15)

Result: Match Drawn

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7k7QKOABTAY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

Haseeb Azam took 5 wickets for 49 runs & scored 27* of 45 balls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back