How can India recover from the humiliating ICC ODI World Cup 2023 final loss?

Ind has good support systems and structure in place and they will recover. They are still making it to the finals and will sooner or later get over the mental block. At the end of the day it's just a sport and having an unhealthy obsession to win a cup will only make things even more desperate. Ind still are winning games - so continue the process have faith innit and be more positive in a ko game.. Also the way I see it going forward a majority of the icc events finals will be contested between these 3 - aus eng ind..just because of the support structures and systems they have in place...

India and Indian fans can only recover from this humiliating loss by only focussing on India's recent matches against Pakistan. Funny thing is these same fans don't consider Pakistan as arch rivals anymore but they themselves can't look beyond Pakistan. According to them, there is nothing wrong with Indian team because Pakistan is behind us in every department. :inti

Last edited by a moderator:
Console yourself by knowing a fact,

"India have been the second best team in this millenium after Australia all formats combined".

To summarise the thread,

How can India recover from the humiliating ICC ODI World Cup 2023 final loss?​

we don't consider it as humiliation so i don't see we need to recover from what (?).

It seems like most pak fans have serious self insecurity issues which brings the question of "humiliation" in a world cup final. Since "humiliation" is subjective, no indians can help if some pak fans are insecured about it where they feel as if they have the second hand embarassment.

Except pakistan, no body in the rest of the world sees this as humiliation.

To conclude, the point here is that India had an excellent world cup and were probably the best side in the World Cup but because they lost the finals, the trophy goes to Australia. This is not a humiliation by any stretch.

The true definition of humiliation is like how England and Pakistan who were one of the favourites in World Cup ended up sitting down at the bottom of the table battling for the wooden spoon after having lost to Afghanistan who turned out to be a superior team than both in this tournament. I have sticked to the topic here by correcting the actual definition of what humiliation is which is exactly what being mentioned in the title of thread.

To conclude, the point here is that India had an excellent world cup and were probably the best side in the World Cup but because they lost the finals, the trophy goes to Australia. This is not a humiliation by any stretch.

The true definition of humiliation is like how England and Pakistan who were one of the favourites in World Cup ended up sitting down at the bottom of the table battling for the wooden spoon after having lost to Afghanistan who turned out to be a superior team than both in this tournament. I have sticked to the topic here by correcting the actual definition of what humiliation is which is exactly what being mentioned in the title of thread.
Humiliation is losing the last 2 Test series Pakistan played at home, and too after producing highways. So much that the then PCB Chairman Rameez Raza had to come out in the open and defend those highways.

By the way, prior to losses in the last 2 Test series at home, the prior series to them was drawn. Even that series couldn't be won by the home team.

Will be honest. India were phenomenal right up till the final but I did point out their flaws like Rahul being mentally weak in pressure games and sky being a useless chump t20 dud.

If india had pant (injured) ishan and had they picked a tall bowler like the prasidh guy who is much better than siraj run machine they would have won.
Again kuldeep when attacked cowers and just hides like a coward.

Sundar, even ashwin are better options especially in Asian conditions.

Some people really failed to read and understand the title of the thread. India played very well in this world cup but the OP is asking about how will India and Indian fans recover from the humiliating World Cup Final Loss. Keyword is 'final'.

India making it into the final of the world cup is hardly a surprise. If you look at the last 3 world cups hosts of the world cups were consistently reaching the final and they were winning it too. 2023 World Cup final on the other hand was one sided and nobody was expecting Australia to thrash India like this. This was both surprising and humiliating. It reminded me of 2003 World Cup but at least we were not playing in our home conditions and in front of our own crowd there. That was a GOAT Australian team so India can be excused. :inti

Message for all from Wasim Akram and Gautam Gambhir:

Wasim Akram:

"Seeing the way India and Pakistan celebrate each other's losses, I can only think of the phrase, 'Begaani shaadi mein abdulla deewana'."

"I am not naming anyone, but there are a few famous people in both countries who sometimes don't help the cause. You are patriotic for your country, and we are for ours. Let's finish it there. Just be nice to each other at a time when everyone is struggling. At the end of the day, it's just a game,"

Gautam Gambhir:

"Focus on celebrating your team's victories rather than enjoying other team's losses. It makes no sense to celebrate the other team's defeat. When Pakistan lose, people in India are very happy, and it's the same in Pakistan when India suffer a defeat. This is a very negative attitude. It is important to change this approach, at least in sports."

"Find joy in your own happiness, not in the sorrow of others. What benefit does it bring? A sportsman should not think like this. People have started doing such things just to get traction and followers on social media."

"India and Pakistan will face each other in the T20 World Cup after a few months. You never know; they might square off in the final as well. But it shouldn't be the case that people in India are overjoyed if Pakistan lose against a team, or Pakistani fans celebrate if India lose any of their games. Both the team have their own challenges to deal with,"

Message for all from Wasim Akram and Gautam Gambhir:

Wasim Akram:

"Seeing the way India and Pakistan celebrate each other's losses, I can only think of the phrase, 'Begaani shaadi mein abdulla deewana'."

"I am not naming anyone, but there are a few famous people in both countries who sometimes don't help the cause. You are patriotic for your country, and we are for ours. Let's finish it there. Just be nice to each other at a time when everyone is struggling. At the end of the day, it's just a game,"

Gautam Gambhir:

"Focus on celebrating your team's victories rather than enjoying other team's losses. It makes no sense to celebrate the other team's defeat. When Pakistan lose, people in India are very happy, and it's the same in Pakistan when India suffer a defeat. This is a very negative attitude. It is important to change this approach, at least in sports."

"Find joy in your own happiness, not in the sorrow of others. What benefit does it bring? A sportsman should not think like this. People have started doing such things just to get traction and followers on social media."

"India and Pakistan will face each other in the T20 World Cup after a few months. You never know; they might square off in the final as well. But it shouldn't be the case that people in India are overjoyed if Pakistan lose against a team, or Pakistani fans celebrate if India lose any of their games. Both the team have their own challenges to deal with,"
someone tell them both that celebrating loss of your rival is very normal in rivarly.

India never celebrate Pakistan's loss. That is a minnow mindset which Indian fans doesn't endorse. All the celebrations are one sided and I have already explained my reasons previously.

The humiliation is compounded by the fact India lost a WC ODI final at home at a stadium that design to exert power, but failed. Further compounded by the fact Modi legged it.

When was the last time the host lost an ODI WC final at home?

The humiliation is compounded by the fact India lost a WC ODI final at home at a <B>stadium that design to exert power</B>, but failed. Further compounded by the fact Modi legged it.

When was the last time the host lost an ODI WC final at home?

You are humiliated, hence why you had to mention Pakistan and England to cioe with the humiliation.

What is this nonsense now? You think a home team cannot be beaten at any particular stadium on any given day? Get your basics right, stadiums are designed for crowds, fans and not to exert some kind of external power lol.

A team losing in finals is not humiliated, that in itself is a stupid argument. Heck, reaching the finals is itself an achievement that many don't have. Humiliation is when you were one of the favourites but failed to even make it to the top 4 inspite of rain, DLS, luck in favour. Clarifying a correct definition is not same as bringing other nations.

What is this nonsense now? You think a home team cannot be beaten at any particular stadium on any given day? Get your basics right, stadiums are designed for crowds, fans and not to exert some kind of external power lol.

A team losing in finals is not humiliated, that in itself is a stupid argument. Heck, reaching the finals is itself an achievement that many don't have. Humiliation is when you were one of the favourites but failed to even make it to the top 4 inspite of rain, DLS, luck in favour. Clarifying a correct definition is not same as bringing other nations.
I asked you when was the last time a host nation lost an ODI WC final at home? Do you know? It is not about losing in the final it is about arrogant India engineering a WC and still losing in front of Modi in his home town and then bailing at the final ceremony (crying in the dressing room), and with no plan B during the presentation such as the drones only programmed to display the Indian flag. Epic humiliation.

Don't worry, IPL is around the corner.

I asked you when was the last time a host nation lost an ODI WC final at home? Do you know? It is not about losing in the final it is about arrogant India engineering a WC and still losing in front of Modi in his home town and then bailing at the final ceremony (crying in the dressing room), and with no plan B during the presentation such as the drones only programmed to display the Indian flag. Epic humiliation.

To begin with, it was India only who started the trend of winning the World Cup at home. Before that no other team had won a World Cup they hosted. So, it is not like a walk in a park even if you are hosting the event.

Did Australia won all their matches when they hosted in 2015 WC?

How many did England won in 2019 WC?

Any team can lose 1-2 matches in World Cup irrespective of whether they are hosting the event. Hosting the event don't guarantee you a World Cup win and neither does it call for a humiliation if you have dominated teams for most part except the World Cup Final.

Epic humiliation is basically what happened with your team who were touted as favourites but your best batsman was made to look like a deer in headlight through the World Cup and that played a pivotal role in Pakistan's early exit inspite of being favourites. Same goes for England.

2023 World Cup was an epic humiliation for teams like Pakistan, England who were among the strong favourites but failed to make it to top 4. India and Australia were also favourites but the margins are very small when you reach the top 2 position and then ultimately it's about who was better that day.

Recovered lol ! 😂 hehe.. 3-0 and all is good
Ipl coming soon ! Seniors will be back for t20wc and same old story..

IPL will help Indian fans overcome the humiliation of being the first nation to lose an ODI WC final at home.

I asked you when was the last time a host nation lost an ODI WC final at home? Do you know?

1979 Eng vs WI at Lords. Infact it took England 5 attempts(75,79,83,99,19) and they only reached finals in 2 of them ... and they won by sheer luck in 2019. Now try harder to some how convince yourself that Indian fans are in a "End of world" situation. LOL.

Infact your desperation to convince others reeks of deep rooted insecurities

Forget IPL ... the Indian team is already playing against the Aussie team as though nothing happened. So much for humiliation.

But speaking of humiliation ... you will know what true humiliation is in about 40 days time when Australia will administer another brutal hammering.. and there will be calls to re-consider inviting Pakistan again.

To begin with, it was India only who started the trend of winning the World Cup at home. Before that no other team had won a World Cup they hosted. So, it is not like a walk in a park even if you are hosting the event.
sri lanka 1996, you need to improve your GK. Just because Lahore hosted the final does not mean Sri Lanka were not co-hosts

Nothing humiliating about the loss. The fans just have to move on. India played well and failed at the last hurdle. Australia were brilliant in the finals and were deserved winners. Time now to concentrate on the WTC and T20 WC. The young players are looking good against Australia, hope India continues to give them chances. India also have a tour to SA later this year which they would like to win. That should be the goal. No point in crying over the spilt milk.

India never celebrate Pakistan's loss. That is a minnow mindset which Indian fans doesn't endorse. All the celebrations are one sided and I have already explained my reasons previously.
lol, are you for real? indians revel in pak losing, and the fact that you guys hate to admit it makes it all the more endearing, its like when you tease and annoy someone cos you have a crush on em but never admit it.

Except pakistan, no body in the rest of the world sees this as humiliation.

Err, trust me, us Australians definitely do. We silenced you in the WTC, and then, broke you with the World Cup win. As a bonus, we kept England salty in the interim too.

Err, trust me, us Australians definitely do. We silenced you in the WTC, and then, broke you with the World Cup win. As a bonus, we kept England salty in the interim too
India was winning back to back test series was utter humiliation for Australia .even Bangladesh dont lose a series at home .

India was winning back to back test series was utter humiliation for Australia .even Bangladesh dont lose a series at home .

Oof, touched a nerve. Meh, you didn't even whitewash us.

However, the biggest choke of all time after 10 wins in a row in the World Cup final was a complete degradation of India. The shocked pikachu faces post game will forever live in the memory.

sri lanka 1996, you need to improve your GK. Just because Lahore hosted the final does not mean Sri Lanka were not co-hosts

Read my post again. The trend of winning at home was started by us. India hosted the World Cup fully at home while Sri Lanka were basically one of the three hosts in 1996. It is not the same because when you have three hosts then one of them winning is not necessarily same as the nation that fully hosted and went on to win the tournament.

lol, are you for real? indians revel in pak losing, and the fact that you guys hate to admit it makes it all the more endearing, its like when you tease and annoy someone cos you have a crush on em but never admit it.
We used to. But in recent years, Pakistani team isn't only losing but the way it's handled, it has become like a joke and unprofessionalism on a different level.

So we don't feel the same anymore. We actually feel sympathy for the fans.

We used to. But in recent years, Pakistani team isn't only losing but the way it's handled, it has become like a joke and unprofessionalism on a different level.

So we don't feel the same anymore. We actually feel sympathy for the fans.
this is exactly what i mean, despite pak being rubbish pak is still the most important team for you guys, that's why you had a special ceremony before the pak game in the world cup.

go on to any indian cricket social media or forum, after king kohli comments second most common theme is Pakistan bashing. it doesnt matter what u guys say, the proof is out there.

even gambhir said this “It is senseless to celebrate someone else’s defeat. When Pakistan lose, Indian fans enjoy it, and it is the same in Pakistan when India fails to win a contest. This is a negative attitude. It is time to change this mindset,”

you may not care for Pakistan, but the average india fan enjoys pak doing rubbish.

this is exactly what i mean, despite pak being rubbish pak is still the most important team for you guys, that's why you had a special ceremony before the pak game in the world cup.

go on to any indian cricket social media or forum, after king kohli comments second most common theme is Pakistan bashing. it doesnt matter what u guys say, the proof is out there.

even gambhir said this “It is senseless to celebrate someone else’s defeat. When Pakistan lose, Indian fans enjoy it, and it is the same in Pakistan when India fails to win a contest. This is a negative attitude. It is time to change this mindset,”

you may not care for Pakistan, but the average india fan enjoys pak doing rubbish.
Well.... PCB and Pakistan team brings lots of entertainment. If there's defeat, then there are lots of reports from "higher officials" about in fighting, then there's some conflict of interest, then musical chair of various posts of PCB, The players bad mouthing against each other..... There is never a dull moment when it comes to Pakistan cricket.

As an audience, who wouldn't love that! We desis try to hide our dirty laundries but when some neighbor will flaunt in public, we sure will be there to enjoy every minute of it.

Wasim is right, Indian fans should really move on. Indian team should be focusing now on the T20 World Cup that is just around the corner.

--------------------------------------

Wasim Akram on India’s loss in the final of ICC World Cup 2023:

"I can understand that as a nation it will be tough to get over it because your team played so well throughout the tournament. They won 10 matches on the trot, there was consistency. But television, social media, fans... you all already made India the winner of World Cup. You accept your mistake too, I'm sorry. You increased the hope of the people because they were playing so well. It's not entirely your fault. They were playing very good cricket. But it came to just one bad game. Credit goes to Australia,"

‘Move on, there’s a T20 World Cup coming up':

"First of all, the Indian team played really well. It feels like a shock (that they lost in the final), they are down but it's alright. I still get asked about the loss in the 1999 World Cup final. When will our fans forget this? The fans of India and Pakistan have an elephant's memory. It's been 30 years since we lost that final and they still ask me why I opted to bat after winning the toss. So, don't take social media seriously, half of it is just drama.”​

Wasim is right, Indian fans should really move on. Indian team should be focusing now on the T20 World Cup that is just around the corner.

"I can understand that as a nation it will be tough to get over it because your team played so well throughout the tournament. They won 10 matches on the trot, there was consistency. But television, social media, fans... you all already made India the winner of World Cup. You accept your mistake too, I'm sorry. You increased the hope of the people because they were playing so well. It's not entirely your fault. They were playing very good cricket. But it came to just one bad game. Credit goes to Australia,"

"First of all, the Indian team played really well. It feels like a shock (that they lost in the final), they are down but it's alright. I still get asked about the loss in the 1999 World Cup final. When will our fans forget this? The fans of India and Pakistan have an elephant's memory. It's been 30 years since we lost that final and they still ask me why I opted to bat after winning the toss. So, don't take social media seriously, half of it is just drama.”​
We already moved on and are leading 2-0 in in T20 series its our padosis who doesn't want to move on.

Says who? The guy who doesn't even live in the country? I will make it easier for you. Start spending some time on social media to observe and see how many Indians enjoy Pakistan's loss. I am not even asking you to have conversation with Indians living in India because that is out of your reach. Don't forget Pakistan is India's rival. And it is perfectly normal for Indians to enjoy Pakistan's loss and vice-versa. You denying it is only making this embarrassing because everyone here knows the truth. :inti

Says who? The guy who doesn't even live in the country? I will make it easier for you. Start spending some time on social media to observe and see how many Indians enjoy Pakistan's loss. I am not even asking you to have conversation with Indians living in India because that is out of your reach. Don't forget Pakistan is India's rival. And it is perfectly normal for Indians to enjoy Pakistan's loss and vice-versa. You denying it is only making this embarrassing because everyone here knows the truth. :inti

Pakistan is a news of yesterday in India and it has been since 5th Aug 2019, both politically and in cricket. I am in plenty of social media sites, run cricket forums etc. and is well aware that this obsession is only sided. This is not only Pakistan though, all 3 Asian teams - Pak, SL & BD are obsessed with India. Indians don't care much about the performance of these teams otherwise the world cup record India has over Pakistan, they would have thumped their chests more. How many times we hear 152/0 from our Pakistani friends? Indians probably has even forgotten the Asia cup & world cup wins over them by now.

It's not any kind of humiliation in my point of view. India was the finalist and runners up. Great achievement.

Most of Indian fan already moved on ! But neutral fan who are Still celebrating. India loss .

The loss itself was not humiliating but the reaction from India has definitely been embarrassing.

From M.Kaif continously crying and refusing to accept Australia as deserved winners to Hindustan Times newspaper calling the Indian team champions.

I'm sure glad that I'm not a fan of this embarrassing team ☺️

I have never seen Indians coming on to the streets to celebrate a teams loss. Correct me If I am wrong. Don't point to social media. It takes a special kind of losers mentality to celebrate other teams loss as if their team achieved something. Trolling rivals on loss is fine and in good spirits it's actually funny.

I saw Bangladeshi people coming on to the streets and celebrating India's loss rather than Australias win. Typical crab mentality. Just shows how deep seeded hatred is and it just consumes entire person and nations eventually.

Well.... PCB and Pakistan team brings lots of entertainment. If there's defeat, then there are lots of reports from "higher officials" about in fighting, then there's some conflict of interest, then musical chair of various posts of PCB, The players bad mouthing against each other..... There is never a dull moment when it comes to Pakistan cricket.

As an audience, who wouldn't love that! We desis try to hide our dirty laundries but when some neighbor will flaunt in public, we sure will be there to enjoy every minute of it.
however you justify it is irrelevant as long as you admit it

Kashmiri students arrested for celebrating India's Cricket World Cup defeat

Indian police arrested seven students in the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) region under anti-terror laws for allegedly celebrating Australia's victory over India in the men's Cricket World Cup final earlier this month, police said on Tuesday.

A senior police official said seven students from an agriculture university were detained last week after a student filed a complaint accusing them of raising anti-India slogans and cheering for Pakistan along with Australia after the match.

Claimed in full but ruled in part by India and Pakistan, Muslim-majority Kashmir has seen a bloody insurrection against New Delhi for decades, with militants fighting security forces since the 1990s.

Tens of thousands of people have been killed although the violence has been reduced in recent years.

India blames Pakistan for supporting the Muslim insurgents. Pakistan denies this and accuses India of violating the rights of Kashmir's Muslim people, a charge India rejects.

Police said the seven students were charged under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) after they found video evidence of them raising anti-India chants. UAPA deals with inciting or advising any unlawful activity and is punishable with seven years' imprisonment.

Family members and lawyers of the accused were not immediately available for comment.

Political leaders from local parties opposed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government's rule over J&K said the arrests were a method to intimidate locals. A local policeman said however the chants "terrorised" those who are pro-India.

Muslims in J&K have in the past cheered for the competing side in India cricket matches as a way of protesting Indian rule.

"It is shocking that cheering for a winning team too has been criminalised in Kashmir," said the region's former chief minister Mehbooba Mufti.

I have never seen Indians coming on to the streets to celebrate a teams loss. Correct me If I am wrong. Don't point to social media. It takes a special kind of losers mentality to celebrate other teams loss as if their team achieved something. Trolling rivals on loss is fine and in good spirits it's actually funny.

I saw Bangladeshi people coming on to the streets and celebrating India's loss rather than Australias win. Typical crab mentality. Just shows how deep seeded hatred is and it just consumes entire person and nations eventually.
Really. Weird :) Australia has played a grand total of 2 tests and 3 ODis in the last 10 years against BD. India has played 17 ODIs and 6 tests vs BD. So they worship Australia now? They don't even consider BD as an international team.

however you justify it is irrelevant as long as you admit it
It depends upon how you see Pakistan cricket (current) as because -

If you ask if Indians are obsessed with loss of Pakistan as "arch rival", then most Indians will laugh it off. It used to be but not anymore.

However, as a guilty pleasure, most Indians will be interested in Pakistan cricket since Pakistan cricket is full of drama. In that context, Pakistan is indeed relevant not only to Indians but to all for contributing towards entertainment value in cricket in non cricketing aspects.

TBH, those are only Bangladeshi fans and the vidoes that surfaced are utterly shameful. Not sure if you understand Bangla but those fans are calling Indians as Vua (slaves) and cheats when the only cheating that happened in this entire world cup was done by their captain who timed out Matthews. They are also calling it as revenge of 2015 WC quarter final. I don't think Pakistani fans or SL fans would ever stoop to that level given their rich cricket history, atleast that is what I hope for. Just hope BCCI put that clown board into their place and ban all their players from IPL.

TBH, those are only Bangladeshi fans and the vidoes that surfaced are utterly shameful. Not sure if you understand Bangla but those fans are calling Indians as Vua (slaves) and cheats when the only cheating that happened in this entire world cup was done by their captain who timed out Matthews.

Vua in Bangladesh means useless. They chanted "vua" to Bangladesh team too.

Bua = Servant (the one you were referring to).

It is common knowledge that the English will never support Australia in cricket, regardless of achievements of individual Aussie players, however on the 19th, the same English supporters were applauding Australia not so much on becoming World Champions, but the fact they humiliated India, in India.

It seems the loss of India has united the non-Indian Cricket fraternity worldwide! Times and DT users are celebrating India's humiliating loss by congratulating the Aussies! Who'd have thought it!

There is always a silver lining!

It is common knowledge that the English will never support Australia in cricket, regardless of achievements of individual Aussie players, however on the 19th, the same English supporters were applauding Australia not so much on becoming World Champions, but the fact they humiliated India, in India.

It seems the loss of India has united the non-Indian Cricket fraternity worldwide! Times and DT users are celebrating India's humiliating loss by congratulating the Aussies! Who'd have thought it!

There is always a silver lining!
Everyone.

At least people like us who understands how the dynamics work. It was well known than most English supporter would support Australia against India. The reason for that support has already explained by me previously in this thread (post #46)

Thumping Suid Afrika 2-0 in their conditions would go a long way in getting over the humiliation.

Thumping Suid Afrika 2-0 in their conditions would go a long way in getting over the humiliation.

Don't think winning 2-0 in South Africa is equivalent to a World Cup win.

Even Sri Lanka won 2-0 in South Africa.

SL is yet to win a Test in India let alone series. They have won WC once. Reached final thrice. Reached CT final and shared with India once. Won world T20 once Almost all major countries have won the world cup except SA and NZ. Apart from OZ nobody can boast about their wc performances.

SL is yet to win a Test in India let alone series. They have won WC once. Reached final thrice. Reached CT final and shared with India once. Won world T20 once Almost all major countries have won the world cup except SA and NZ. Apart from OZ nobody can boast about their wc performances.

That's right.

My point was winning 2-0 in South Africa wouldn't be equivalent to a World Cup win.

That's right.

My point was winning 2-0 in South Africa wouldn't be equivalent to a World Cup win.
It is much rarer. Sl won the world cup two decades before they won the series in SA. None of the other Asian sides have won the series there. India came close a few times only to falter at the end.

1979 Eng vs WI at Lords. Infact it took England 5 attempts(75,79,83,99,19) and they only reached finals in 2 of them ... and they won by sheer luck in 2019. Now try harder to some how convince yourself that Indian fans are in a "End of world" situation. LOL.

Infact your desperation to convince others reeks of deep rooted insecurities

Forget IPL ... the Indian team is already playing against the Aussie team as though nothing happened. So much for humiliation.

But speaking of humiliation ... you will know what true humiliation is in about 40 days time when Australia will administer another brutal hammering.. and there will be calls to re-consider inviting Pakistan again.
Good to know there will be another World Cup final within the next 40 days and this time it will be between Australia and Pakistan. :inti

TBH, those are only Bangladeshi fans and the vidoes that surfaced are utterly shameful. Not sure if you understand Bangla but those fans are calling Indians as Vua (slaves) and cheats when the only cheating that happened in this entire world cup was done by their captain who timed out Matthews. They are also calling it as revenge of 2015 WC quarter final. I don't think Pakistani fans or SL fans would ever stoop to that level given their rich cricket history, atleast that is what I hope for. Just hope BCCI put that clown board into their place and ban all their players from IPL.
How was that cheating? Please explain. :inti

Virat and Rohit Sharma will not last in the India squad for much longer, so a decline is definitely coming for India.

I think Indian fans should stop arguing as the loss hurts Indian fans coz we expect better from our team.

Aus tests and group stage positions don’t even matter to PCT fans coz that position is the norm.

Can't wait for India to bottle CT and WTC in next 2 years 🙃🤭
Still Bottling >; Downright sucking. It is mind related. Not skill related. Fans would love to avoid choking. But if that doesn't happen next best is being consistent which they have been 3 world cups in a row. At this point you are reduced to cheering for a team that don't even give you more than 2 tests in their den. Temporary Aussie fan until they whop you like they always do in every format.

I think Indian fans should stop arguing as the loss hurts Indian fans coz we expect better from our team.

Aus tests and group stage positions don’t even matter to PCT fans coz that position is the norm.
India choking needs fixing. Hopefully next gen fix that.

Indian fans are proper ruffled. Still going on about Tests cricket!
Thats Pretty brave coming from someone who is doing everything to avoid responding to your own BS such as "When was the last time a home team lost in a WC Final" ... lol

Its a diversion tactics when they can't face reality and have a meaningful discussion about failure.

Even got posters on pretending to be Pakistani and all along they been Indian 🤭.
Reality is ind has been 2nd best at icc events.- no sugarcoating period. Reaching sf and finals and losing to aus or eng. Upto them to change that narrative. Believe the ind team needs newer players and have to move on from the seniors and they have them.

Interesting that the same result elicits such different reactions from 2 supporters. Ind supporters are upset that ind lose in the final.whereas pak supporters are overjoyed that ind lose in the final 😂

Reality is ind has been 2nd best at icc events.- no sugarcoating period. Reaching sf and finals and losing to aus or eng. Upto them to change that narrative. Believe the ind team needs newer players and have to move on from the seniors and they have them.

Interesting that the same result elicits such different reactions from 2 supporters. Ind supporters are upset that ind lose in the final.whereas pak supporters are overjoyed that ind lose in the final 😂
lol second best.

congrats on winning runners up medal.

I think by now India should start celebrating the runner up medals and smile about it, instead of the long faces we have been seeing for the last 10 years in every icc tournament.

lol second best.

congrats on winning runners up medal.

I think by now India should start celebrating the runner up medals and smile about it, instead of the long faces we have been seeing for the last 10 years in every icc tournament.
Indian are not celebrating being runners up, my assumption is thats what title of the thread means.

Pak posters need to make their kind up , are we not able to recover or we are celebrating being runners up?

Indian are not celebrating being runners up, my assumption is thats what title of the thread means.

Pak posters need to make their kind up , are we not able to recover or we are celebrating being runners up?
Well they get 2 million dollar for being runner up. That is a lot of money.

This is not football where teams celebrate being second place or 9th place.

It depends upon how you see Pakistan cricket (current) as because -

If you ask if Indians are obsessed with loss of Pakistan as "arch rival", then most Indians will laugh it off. It used to be but not anymore.

However, as a guilty pleasure, most Indians will be interested in Pakistan cricket since Pakistan cricket is full of drama. In that context, Pakistan is indeed relevant not only to Indians but to all for contributing towards entertainment value in cricket in non cricketing aspects.
bro whatever you tell yourself its cool, theres nothing wrong with it, if u dont have pak you'll only have aus as your pseudo rivalry cos aus ind will never even mean a fraction of what ashes means to eng and aus fans, so whether you want to spin it as entertainment not rivalry, its all good, but the day indian fans revel in the failures of sri lanka or west indies like they do Pakistan, then i might believe you.

Sri Lanka also won the World Cup in 1996. That did not devalue the WC. Likewise, a test win SENA for subcontinent teams would always be special.

Nobody is talking about ''equivalence''.

bro whatever you tell yourself its cool, theres nothing wrong with it, if u dont have pak you'll only have aus as your pseudo rivalry cos aus ind will never even mean a fraction of what ashes means to eng and aus fans, so whether you want to spin it as entertainment not rivalry, its all good, but the day indian fans revel in the failures of sri lanka or west indies like they do Pakistan, then i might believe you.

Strange logic there. Indian fans also don't particularly revel in failures of AUS, ENG etc. The reveling in the failures of IND/PAK is a feature with roots outside cricket.

Indian veteran spinner Ravichandran Ashwin revealed the atmosphere in the Indian dressing room after Men in Blue's loss to Australia in the final of the ICC Cricket World Cup at Ahmedabad and also lauded skipper Rohit Sharma's leadership skills throughout the tournament.

Another heartbreak was added to the list for Indian fans as Australia beat Men in Blue by six wickets in the final of the Cricket World Cup at Ahmedabad's Narendra Modi Stadium on November 19, continuing the Men in Blue's drought of ICC trophies since 2014. Australia captured its record-extending sixth World Cup title.

Ashwin revealed during his conversation with former Indian cricketer Subramaniam Badrinath on the latter's Youtube channel that senior players skipper Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli were crying following the loss and these two "natural leaders" created a vibe within the team.

"Yes, we felt the pain. Rohit and Virat were crying. Seeing that it felt bad. Anyways, not meant to be. This team was an experienced team. Everybody knew what to do. And then, it was professional. Everybody knew their routines, and warm-ups. I think two natural leaders gave the team the space to do these two and created a vibe," said Ashwin.

Ashwin lauded Rohit Sharma's captaincy for leading the team from the front, going after the bowlers from ball one. The all-rounder said that Rohit is an outstanding person with a great understanding of everyone.

"If you look at Indian cricket, everybody will tell you MS Dhoni is one of the best captains. Rohit Sharma is an outstanding person. He understands every single person in the team, he knows what each one of us likes and dislikes. He has a great understanding. He puts in the effort to know each member personally," said Ashwin.

Ashwin said that Rohit often ignored his sleep to become a part of team meetings.

"He puts in a lot of effort. Forgoes sleep and becomes part of meetings, he first puts in the effort. He takes an effort to understand how to explain tactics to each person. That's an advanced level of leadership in Indian cricket," said Ashwin.

The spin-bowling all-rounder hailed Rohit for "walking the talk" with the bat.

"And also, walking the talk. Telling everyone to play a brand of cricket is one thing, but doing it and showing it on the field is another thing. I have known Rohit for a long time. What he did at the top set the ball rolling. he gave us the confidence. He said 'it is okay if we get out for 150. At least we will set the tone, instill fear'. I think all 11 in the team had a great World Cup," concluded Ashwin.

Skipper Rohit Sharma in 11 matches, scored 597 runs at an average of 54.27. His runs came at a strike rate of almost 126. He scored a century and three fifties. Rohit's best individual score of 131 came against Afghanistan. The fact that he made over 500 runs with a century, some half-centuries at a strike rate of over 125 is pretty marvellous and something rare in ODIs, especially in a tournament as high profile as the World Cup. He ended up as the second-highest run-scorer in the tournament.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...ing-world-cup-final-loss-101701337230026.html

Relax Kaif bhai.
Aussies are easily the best in the world. In last decade they've won 2 ODI World cups , WTC , T20 WC.
Whereas chokers cannot win anything. India must hope that new crop is mentally more equipped because kohli Rohit KL etc have shown they don't have it in them
It was so good to watch loser kl Rahul and kohli chokli go trophyless.

Rohit Is a nice guy and I do like him. He played well in the world but the other 2 just stat pad. They deserve the humiliation.

There was a video of Bangladesh supporters uttering racial slurs and throwing barbs at indian players when they lost the final. That is interesting. No need to stoop to such levels but such is the mindset of most desi people

You are underestimating Sri Lankans. Very crafty with their level of hatred

They are just as pathetic as some Bangladeshi fans and extremely petty.

FearlessRoar
Virat and Rohit Sharma will not last in the India squad for much longer, so a decline is definitely coming for India.

I actually think india will be much better without those 2. Especially kohli who is a serial loser since 2013. Biggest stat padder.

Time is the greatest healer, Indians will get over this loss but it will keep on smoldering inside until they win an icc tournament. And for that they need to kick out the serial chokers in their rank.

India will recover just fine, they are a world class side and there is no shame in losing a World Cup final.

My question is, when will fans of a nothing team like Pakistan recover from celebrating Australia’s World Cup win more passionately than Australian fans themselves?

Back