"I am hopeful that I will be able to resume my role as an all-rounder for Pak" : Mohammad Hafeez

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
"I am hopeful that I will be able to resume my role as an all-rounder for Pak" : Mohammad Hafeez

Mohammad Hafeez speaking to the press today:

"I am very hopeful of passing this test as I have been preparing for over a year for this opportunity"

"Many thanks to all those who have helped me during this time including coaches and analysts"

"I went through the test only once we (coaches/analysts) agreed that I was ready for this"

"There was a delay in the whole process due to my fitness, otherwise I would have done this test in England during the summer"

"I am positive that the results of the test will be positive and in my favour"

"I am hopeful that I will be able to resume my role as an all-rounder for the Pakistan team"

"Since the beginning of my career, I have been a simple off-spin bowler; I do not have any other varieties"

"So my test just was only about simple off-spin"

"A remodelling of my action was needed and done as the rules changed after I had been bowling for 13 years"

"I am hopeful that even after remodelling my action there will be sharpness and effectiveness in my bowling"

"Everyone can see how I have performed as a batsman alone after ban on my bowling"

"There is no need to talk about my batting; my stats can answer that question"

"There has never been any pressure on me to be included in Pakistan team as an all-rounder as I have always considered myself a batsman first"

"Bowling was one plus point which played an important role in giving a good balance to the Pakistan team"

"Hopefully after passing this test, I will be able to continue helping Pakistan team as before"

"I used to get hit for 4s and 6s before and I am sure that will even happen now with a remodelled action"

"All I can say is that I have included all the elements in my remodelled action which are needed for a good spinner"

"The issue with actions needs to be spotted very early but I dont think there is enough expertise available here which can spot the problem"

"Lot of people talk a lot about this topic but not many know the exact technical details"

"Bowling is a vital part of my personality as a player and this is what I am trying to revive"

*"There is no issue with my fitness as I have been cleared by PCB fitness panel and I have been playing matches since"

"I was very honest in telling the coach and physio that I was not fit during the tour but am fit now"

"My selection is in the hands of the selectors; Whenever they ask me to, I will be happy to serve Pakistan"

"I never failed any test and I request the media to not spread unauthentic news like that"

"The analysts who worked with me were Usman Hashimi and Talha Butt"

"Mushtaq Ahmed also helped me wherever he could get time"

"PCB hired Carl Crowe for 2 days who also worked with Sunil Narine and that was very beneficial"

"Even Saqlain Mushtaq helped me so whilst I did not have the services of a full-time coach, I did depend on the advice of experts and the 2 analysts"

"If the result of the test is not as expected, then I will put in more effort to clear it as it is an important missing part of my cricket"

"Only my performances will tell us how much more cricket is left in me"

"The tradition of cricket should not be changed; Situation with Pink ball is that there are issues as a batsman and a fielder to spot the ball"

"Experiment all you wish with One-Day and Twenty20 cricket but dont change Test cricket"

Last edited:
Some of the questions were asked about the fact that his bowling would be the only thing that would get him back in the team. He didnt like it.

Well,

Hafeez >>> Malik, so if he can come back, sure thing. I'd drop Malik for him.

Hafeez should focus more on his performances rather than all this talk. His performances in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy have been sub-par.

I would rather have Farhat come out of retirement and open rather than see hafeez play for Pakistan again.

I doubt he's coming back anytime soon.

:ma bhai isn't like previous coaches and knows about Hafeez's limitations outside the SC.

I've always been a fan of him but I hope we never see him in Test cricket ever again

Back