"I am really thankful to PM Shehbaz Sharif for nominating me to the committee": Shahid Afridi

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
"I am really thankful to PM Shehbaz Sharif for nominating me to the committee": Shahid Afridi

Speaking on TV:

"I am really thankful to PM Shehbaz Sharif for nominating me to the committee"

"I have talked to Najam Sethi twice since morning. I told him about my schedule, which is tough due to my welfare work and family. But, I am available to them anytime, especially for working at the grass root level"

"We have two left-arm spinners, but we are short of fast bowlers, keeping in mind all three game formats"

"I don't think Naseem Shah is fit enough to play Test cricket. How can we take 20 wickets with this bowling lineup? Shahnawaz Dahani and Mohammad Hasnain should be there in the team"

Has he even watched any test cricket for the last three years? Naseem has been put through the ringer on uncompromising pitches in Australia, England and Pakistan. And all things considered, he has managed to come out of it fairly well while growing leaps and bounds as a test match bowler in the process. This is not the time to put the breaks on his test career, when you barely have any bowlers with any kind of serious test match experience in your set-up.

There is such a thing as work-load management that Pakistani management seem completely oblivious to. No bowler in the world can hope to play all three formats these days and hope to stay fit. It's about prioritizing test cricket and important bilateral series.

Am afraid Afridi is not a fit for this role. He simply doesn't have time.

Have a feeling he is in the committee for namesake - to give Najam Sethi some moral support.

Finally someone who has the courage to call our Naseem for the pathetic Test bowler that he is. His numbers are utterly embarrassing & we keep hearing new excuses from deluded fans.

First he was young, then he was unlucky, then he was misused by his captain & now the pitches are bad.

The excuses keep changing but Naseem getting thrashed remains constant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that he is thanking PM Shehbaz directly, rather than mention Najam Sethi at all.

ICC should ban us if the PM is running around making committees for a sport and interfering in a private organization’s matter. This goes for anyone, whether it be Shehbaz or Imran. You should not have this kind of interference in a cricket board!

Afridi started off by saying he is too busy due to his schedule but also that he is also available.

Then he goes on to write off one of our bowlers. What is the need to name and shame a youngster like that?

As a member of the board he should be offering encouragement and behind the scenes helping to put together systems to develop the fitness of players.

Instead he has written off Naseem and given him a license to say he is not fit for test cricket, perhaps Naseem will also focus on franchises and T20 now he has been given an excuse.

As usual, it is a brainless statement from Afridi.

Afridi started off by saying he is too busy due to his schedule but also that he is also available.

Then he goes on to write off one of our bowlers. What is the need to name and shame a youngster like that?

As a member of the board he should be offering encouragement and behind the scenes helping to put together systems to develop the fitness of players.

Instead he has written off Naseem and given him a license to say he is not fit for test cricket, perhaps Naseem will also focus on franchises and T20 now he has been given an excuse.

As usual, it is a brainless statement from Afridi.

Don’t mind it

It is up to Naseem to prove him wrong

Speaking on TV:

"I am really thankful to PM Shehbaz Sharif for nominating me to the committee"

"I have talked to Najam Sethi twice since morning. I told him about my schedule, which is tough due to my welfare work and family. But, I am available to them anytime, especially for working at the grass root level"

"We have two left-arm spinners, but we are short of fast bowlers, keeping in mind all three game formats"

"I don't think Naseem Shah is fit enough to play Test cricket. How can we take 20 wickets with this bowling lineup? Shahnawaz Dahani and Mohammad Hasnain should be there in the team"

Afridi has opted out of Committee as per this.

Don’t mind it

It is up to Naseem to prove him wrong

Thats not how these things work.

Its up to these committees to give the facilities and tools to the players.

Not publicly admonish them.

Thats the job of so called analysts on TV channels.

Thats not how these things work.

Its up to these committees to give the facilities and tools to the players.

Not publicly admonish them.

Thats the job of so called analysts on TV channels.

It’s a ruthless business

Naseem has played 15 Tests and is still a spray gun. He’s not in his beginners 5 Test phase like Abrar is. If Naseem can’t sort it out, he deserves to be admonished

It’s a ruthless business

Naseem has played 15 Tests and is still a spray gun. He’s not in his beginners 5 Test phase like Abrar is. If Naseem can’t sort it out, he deserves to be admonished

Naseem knows what is expected of him.

Afridi saying this or that is of no consequence. The same Afridi asking for Hasnain and Dahani to be used for Tests seems ok for some.

Naseem knows what is expected of him.

Afridi saying this or that is of no consequence. The same Afridi asking for Hasnain and Dahani to be used for Tests seems ok for some.

I think he has seen something in Hasnain which he can only explain.

Dahani actually broke out as a prospect due to one good FC season in red ball cricket

He knows how to bowl good channels for sustained periods. Dahani isn’t a bad option at all. Maybe Afridi wants taller bowlers like Shaheen. Fair enough

It’s a ruthless business

I dont think Naseem himself would mind being sidelined from red ball.

Nobody in their right mind would want to play 5 days matches and get paid peanuts (in relative terms)

Finally someone who has the courage to call our Naseem for the pathetic Test bowler that he is. His numbers are utterly embarrassing & we keep hearing new excuses from deluded fans.

First he was young, then he was unlucky, then he was misused by his captain & now the pitches are bad.

Naseem isn't good i agree. But what about afridi's views of hussnain and dahani. Aren't they even worst then naseem in tests?

Lala is just on the list to add some Glamour.

Don’t think he will be interested in taking up any cricket related activities. He seems way too reluctant to get involved with senior Pro.

I think he just wants to motivate youngsters.

Has he even watched any test cricket for the last three years? Naseem has been put through the ringer on uncompromising pitches in Australia, England and Pakistan. And all things considered, he has managed to come out of it fairly well while growing leaps and bounds as a test match bowler in the process. This is not the time to put the breaks on his test career, when you barely have any bowlers with any kind of serious test match experience in your set-up.

There is such a thing as work-load management that Pakistani management seem completely oblivious to. No bowler in the world can hope to play all three formats these days and hope to stay fit. It's about prioritizing test cricket and important bilateral series.

Naseem Shah is not good enough for him, but he is suggesting Hasnain and Dhani lol

Last edited:
Am afraid Afridi is not a fit for this role. He simply doesn't have time.

Have a feeling he is in the committee for namesake - to give Najam Sethi some moral support.

He literally said it in his statement, why would they give him this role when he has made it clear he doesn’t have the time :))

I think he has seen something in Hasnain which he can only explain.

Dahani actually broke out as a prospect due to one good FC season in red ball cricket

He knows how to bowl good channels for sustained periods. Dahani isn’t a bad option at all. Maybe Afridi wants taller bowlers like Shaheen. Fair enough

Yes, in Hasnain he saw a young Mohammad Sami, time to unleash this beast in Tests :yk

Mishnah and InZi are not the best option as CS in current scenario. Need more dynamic person who is thinking outside the box and willing to take some risk with youngsters, same goes for PCB chairman.
We have not been able to convert raw talent into great cricketers. Our batsmen in FC are full of technical faults, techniques issues, shot selection, fitness issues, lack of temperament, lack of mental toughness, etc. All of this needs to be sorted out even before they are considered for A-Team.

Afridi knows very well that being part of a committee is no piece of cake, sooner or later he has to deal with lots with criticism and politics. So, like always he has already made an excuse that he is busy will welfare charity work and will not be available permanently.

In his playing career he has always run away from taking responsibility, like when he happily agreed to be the captain for the 2010 England tour and then resigned and left after defeat in only the first Test citing that he is not fit to play Test cricket. And everyone knows with how responsibility he used to bat and even lead the side and make the ball to get in shape to reverse.

Afridi is not someone like Steve Waugh who is fully committed to charity work, he is more of a brand used to promote welfare charity causes. Btw, I have nothing personal against him. I just think he is not the right man for any managerial or administrative position.

Afridi knows very well that being part of a committee is no piece of cake, sooner or later he has to deal with lots with criticism and politics. So, like always he has already made an excuse that he is busy will welfare charity work and will not be available permanently.

In his playing career he has always run away from taking responsibility, like when he happily agreed to be the captain for the 2010 England tour and then resigned and left after defeat in only the first Test citing that he is not fit to play Test cricket. And everyone knows with how responsibility he used to bat and even lead the side and make the ball to get in shape to reverse.

Afridi is not someone like Steve Waugh who is fully committed to charity work, he is more of a brand used to promote welfare charity causes. Btw, I have nothing personal against him. I just think he is not the right man for any managerial or administrative position.

There is nothing wrong with individuals who recognize their limitations. Afridi has made so much money, fame, adulation from Cricket that he doesn't need a job in the PCB. He is at liberty to decide how to participate in Pakistan Cricket and on his own terms.

Afridi is rewarded for praising Shehbaz Sharif.

He issued many statements lauding SS as the best CM and administrator in the history of Pakistan. Afridi has been hoodwinked like millions of others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridiculous statement regarding Naseem and also about Hasnain , but considering it came from Shahid Afridi , I wasn't surprised .

Naseem is a proper test bowler , but his work load needs to be managed , he has promising test record so far.

Dahani, yes I agree should be considered for test

Hasnain, needs to play 1-2 good session of 4 day cricket .

Afridi sold himself cheap, Shehbaz will not be PM for long.

Last edited:
Naseem Shah is not good enough for him, but he is suggesting Hasnain and Dhani lol

He's just trying desperately to stay consistent with some of the nonsensical takes he has made over the years, instead of just admitting he was wrong. Because it takes guts to admit that. And that is not something alot of people here have.

Back