"I expected to continue as Pakistan Head Coach as that had been communicated to me" : Mickey Arthur

Glad Mickey was kicked out. He has no idea about spinners.

That was his nature. Like most Saffers it was all about pace for him. The reason he supported 90+ mph bowlers even if they leaked runs. While it was okay overseas it just didn't work in the UAE and Mickey was too stubborn to accept this.

After Misbah left it was all on Mickey too take key decisions and he for sure made some blunders. He had some success as well in the ODI/T20 format. So it was a tenure with mixed performances in the end.

Mickey Arthur's future with his current employer seems under threat if SL fail to qualify for the World Cup.

It's actually pretty hilarious when Mickey and his staff aren't coaching Pakistan.
First they kick their most important players out of the team. Then they say they may be called back after losing the series. It's like they have no idea what they are doing.
Grant Flower is still making the same old statements, they are good batters, i don't know why they are failing maybe because of inexperience.

Mickey is still resting on laurels he earned during his tenure with SA over a decade ago.

Mickey over rated Arthur. Talks too much, very little substance. Leaves scars for every employer and team he is associated with

In an interview:

“I feel really proud of Pakistan’s performance in the T20 World Cup. The talent I spotted in players before has now come in front of the world. The players have shown their real strength in this event so far"

“When I coached them, Hasan, Shadab, Babar, Imad, and Shaheen were young. Now, they have become mature enough and I am happy to see that"

“Babar is now a world-class batsman and the world has already recognized him. Shaheen is the best bowler with a new ball and there is no doubt in it"

In an interview:

“I feel really proud of Pakistan’s performance in the T20 World Cup. The talent I spotted in players before has now come in front of the world. The players have shown their real strength in this event so far"

“When I coached them, Hasan, Shadab, Babar, Imad, and Shaheen were young. Now, they have become mature enough and I am happy to see that"

“Babar is now a world-class batsman and the world has already recognized him. Shaheen is the best bowler with a new ball and there is no doubt in it"

Thats true, no doubt about that

Happy Birthday Mickey! 54 years old.

Produced a truly memorable underdog Champions Trophy victory - happy birthday Mickey.

UlZmuuU.png

Back