ICC Champions Trophy, Group A : England [308/2] beat Bangladesh [305/6] by 8 wickets

Misbah is one of the main reason Pakistan has been run down the ground. He was very uninspiring, too old, Loved filling up team with old players(whole culture moved from young and exciting to old and boring cricketers), too much spin (low and slow centric), defensive mindset, he has killed the sole of Cricket in Pakistan...It will take a decade or so before we get back on feet, Misbah and his ECO system has done so much damage :acp:

Agree Misbah times were awful

Misbah is one of the main reason Pakistan has been run down the ground. He was very uninspiring, too old, Loved filling up team with old players(whole culture moved from young and exciting to old and boring cricketers), too much spin (low and slow centric), defensive mindset, he has killed the sole of Cricket in Pakistan...It will take a decade or so before we get back on feet, Misbah and his ECO system has done so much damage :acp:

Yet some Chisty Mujahids on this forum rate him as a better captain than World Cup winning, legend finding IK.

:salute

Wanted to see Buttler smash a few into the stands.

Too bad, Tamim claimed a fake catch.

I don't think you can simply look at it and claim that it was a fake catch. Tamim felt he had his fingers underneath.

If it were upto me I would have given it out but once the soft signal was out then it was not going to be overturned.

I don't think you can simply look at it and claim that it was a fake catch. Tamim felt he had his fingers underneath.

If it were upto me I would have given it out but once the soft signal was out then it was not going to be overturned.

I agree, it was a 50-50 decision but I thought his fingers did go under the ball.

Shakib should be kicked out of bd team

He still has been one of our best tests and T20 players it's just ODI where he has struggled. We need him to rest he has been continuously playing without any break since October.

Powerplay rules changed again? I thought all PP need to be completed before 40 over mark.

Last roll of dice for Bangla.

If Mustafizur does not get any quick wickets here, England will stroll to victory.

Problem for Bangladesh is that Mustafiz did not look like taking wicket any point. He is their premier bowler. Just bowling economically is not enough. He should wickets too. Without him getting wickets, Bangla has no chance against Big teams.

Best bowler in Asia ladies and gentleman :srt

Itni chilling mein chase kiya hai... difference between top 5 and bottom 3-4 is massive.

Don't worry. Bangladesh will win this match by 30 runs.
England is a rubbish team, very very overrated in Pakpassion.

Hoon gall kar, fazool gallan asaan ney.

Don't worry Champions will bounce back in next game.. against Australia.. they will make 500/2 with TAMIM Iqbal making 321 (216) and Imrul Kaye's beautiful knock of 73 (13) helped by Shakib al Hasan 6 (1).. Australia will shiver in front of champions in 2nd innings with Fizz taking hat trick in first over.. and finishing off with 8 wickets for 2 runs figures... in the end Bangladesh will win by 489 runs.. and they will win their 20th successive trophy!!

Minnows will remain minnows. They are not the best team in asia. An improved side they are.

Can say we tried but we were just outclassed by an opposition who knows how to play on these wickets.

We don't have a team to score 350. We won't have one for the next 2 years or so

Can say we tried but we were just outclassed by an opposition who knows how to play on these wickets.

We don't have a team to score 350. We won't have one for the next 2 years or so

Taskin should have played...

in the end, it turned out to be a good workout for England batsmen for tougher matches ahead.

Par aey Tay mande Ho England di bowling oude laye dikkat kr sakdi hai
Any team is susceptible to conceding 300+ totals nowadays. Thats just the way these modern day batsmen play nowadays. If someone like Starc, who would be quite unplayable in the previous eras, be smacked around at times, what do you expect?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Can't believe that some thought England wouldn't chase this down :)))

With all the chokes in ICC tournaments they had reasonable doubts not to mention that BD have been boogeymen for England; the opposition deserved respect. Now we can pump our chests though, I have no doubt England will reach the final personally but Moeen Ali and Woakes will need to be selected in all games for that to happen.

Looked more like they were chasing 200 than 300. Did it with such ease, was never in doubt.

Either bangla bowling is really really pathetic, or England batting is that good.

Agree Misbah times were awful

Yes, will take years to recover from the damage caused by Misbah and co to Pakistan cricket. Along with Misbah, the SYK and the selectors who persisted with Misbah are equally responsible.

Toothless bowling from BD. There is no real quality pacer in Bd except Fizz, and even Fizz is mediocre if there is nothing on the pitch for bowlers.

Pakistan Passion is not a Bengali forum. So I suggest all Bangali supporters to be rational and realistic. I've seen too many threads praising the 'great team' for winning before matches were finished. Enough!

Yes, will take years to recover from the damage caused by Misbah and co to Pakistan cricket. Along with Misbah, the SYK and the selectors who persisted with Misbah are equally responsible.

If you want to blame anyone
Blame Waqar Younis

Is Fizz fizzling out? BD depend so heavily on him and Shakib in bowling, both had a bad day

Well result was inevitable Bangladesh is worst bowling side along with srilanka in this tourney.Too bad Jason couldn't able to score runs.I hope they don't drop him in next match

I find these pitches boring. Need some sort of help for the bowlers. There's just nothing in the pitches.

Great game!

Awesome batting from both sides, but the smarter team won.

BD were well on their way to 330+ until Tamim and Mushfiq both got out.

In the end, 305ish was pretty simple for England on a flat pitch.

The only boring part of the game was the pitch. A little more grass could've made things more interesting.

Changes for BD in next game: Mosaddek or Imrul out, Mehedi in and Rubel out, Taskin in.

Changes for Eng., in next game: Woakes out, Willey in and Ball out, Rashid in.

Great game!

Awesome batting from both sides, but the smarter team won.

BD were well on their way to 330+ until Tamim and Mushfiq both got out.

In the end, 305ish was pretty simple for England on a flat pitch.

The only boring part of the game was the pitch. A little more grass could've made things more interesting.

Changes for BD in next game: Mosaddek or Imrul out, Mehedi in and Rubel out, Taskin in.

Changes for Eng., in next game: Woakes out, Willey in and Ball out, Rashid in.

Even 330 won't have been sufficient. The problem wasn't batting - any given day, anyone will take 307 at Oval. The problem was team selection - you can't go against ENG batting with 10 overs of planned make shift. If 7 batsmen can't do it, 8th won't either - BUT, you have to bowl 10 X 5, therefore it's stupendous stupidity to pick bits & pieces bowlers as batting all-rounder. That was a knee jerk reaction for 84 all-out in a practice match - the game isn't played that way. Miraz won't have defended today, but it would have been a far closer match.

Whatever, no team will defend any total against ENG with 3.5 regular bowlers.

Even 330 won't have been sufficient. The problem wasn't batting - any given day, anyone will take 307 at Oval. The problem was team selection - you can't go against ENG batting with 10 overs of planned make shift. If 7 batsmen can't do it, 8th won't either - BUT, you have to bowl 10 X 5, therefore it's stupendous stupidity to pick bits & pieces bowlers as batting all-rounder. That was a knee jerk reaction for 84 all-out in a practice match - the game isn't played that way. Miraz won't have defended today, but it would have been a far closer match.

Whatever, no team will defend any total against ENG with 3.5 regular bowlers.
Still, at 35 over mark, England needed 7-8 an over to win. So 25-30 extra runs could've made a difference.

Yea I agree, playing only 3 bowlers is a recipe for disaster no matter who the opposition is.

With all the chokes in ICC tournaments they had reasonable doubts not to mention that BD have been boogeymen for England; the opposition deserved respect. Now we can pump our chests though, I have no doubt England will reach the final personally but Moeen Ali and Woakes will need to be selected in all games for that to happen.

Never doubted the lads personally, they've looked a different team mentally and physically after that 2015 embarrassment.

I find these pitches boring. Need some sort of help for the bowlers. There's just nothing in the pitches.

Commerical reaons will not allow it. You want 100 overs worth commerical or 50 overs worth? Obviously organizers would not want a short match.

Back