ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021 | Pakistan v Afghanistan | Dubai | 29 October, 2021 | Afghan innings

Decent runs PP from Afghanistan. But lost too many wickets. Liking the fact they're keep going. If it was BD they'd be going test mode for next 3-5 overs

I don't think its a good idea to give Afghanistan whole 20 overs to bat. Need to take wickets if we are to restrict them under 120.

Pitch looks good for batting and later with dew it should get even better

You guys are overreacting. The pitch is a batting paradise. These Afghans will give away their wickets every second over.

Nice to see better and tighter bowling from both Rauf & Shadab this tournament.

Why are they bowling a bad ball every over? They are either too confident after the first 3 wins or under pressure.

You guys are overreacting. The pitch is a batting paradise. These Afghans will give away their wickets every second over.

I would be concerned if target is anywhere near 140. They have a world class spin attack. It won't be a breeze for Pakistan with the bat.

Some reckless shots from the afghan batsmen. Otherwise, their technique looks much better than usual

Afgans are still in their same mindset even after playing for quiet a few years of international cricket. No calculation , no game plan. Just trying to whack as they wish. Childish approach .

Pakistanis should relax , sit back and enjoy an Afghanistan being rolled over.

Garbage over by Shady, we can ill afford it at the end of things get closer, no more freebies plz,,, Oh maybe we can,,, Afghans just on self destruction mode.

We need to get to their tail so Haris and Shaheen can be unleashed on them

Afgans are still in their same mindset even after playing for quiet a few years of international cricket. No calculation , no game plan. Just trying to whack as they wish. Childish approach .

Pakistanis should relax , sit back and enjoy an Afghanistan being rolled over.

Exactly. They just come in and play as if it is a street cricket. No planning whatsoever. So it will be an easy ride for Pakistan. PPers here are overrating Afghanis.

classical display of Afghanistan ... no matter what, they won't go on the back foot and they won't get into a tuk tuk shell.

They keep on fighting! That's a good effort even though they are in trouble.

guys relax run rate is around 6.5 almost 10 overs done and half the team in the hatch, as long as we do not panic like some of the posters in this thread and play our own natural game we will restrict this team to under 120. This is a much better batting pitch than the one against NZ .

The pathetic thing is, our BD team is such worthless that they even loose to these Afgans bunch of cricketers.

classical display of Afghanistan ... no matter what, they won't go on the back foot and they won't get into a tuk tuk shell.

This is awful batting, making :sa look like Boycott with their mindless slogging

guys relax run rate is around 6.5 almost 10 overs done and half the team in the hatch, as long as we do not panic like some of the posters in this thread and play our own natural game we will restrict this team to under 120. This is a much better batting pitch than the one against NZ .

Don't think NZ can win against Afg bros. Their spin are just too good to handle.

The talent in Afghan guys is immense. But they just don't play with the brains. If these guys were playing for any other team, they would have been a really consistent team.

Imad has been great, really strangled the Afghans, not giving them any loose balls. They are having to take big risks to score effectively.

Nasser has twice called imad's bowling as darting.

Really, I also think that Imad is only a darter

What do you think guys?

Exactly. They just come in and play as if it is a street cricket. No planning whatsoever. So it will be an easy ride for Pakistan. PPers here are overrating Afghanis.

That's what I see of Afg every time. They think it's like baseball just come in swing hard. Cricket has many factors, what type of ball delivered, kind of pitches, the bowler bowling, boundary size one side could be bigger so team might plan something, so many tactics. Afghanistan definitely has the tools for T20. They need more time, exposure and coaching.

The pathetic thing is, our BD team is such worthless that they even loose to these Afgans bunch of cricketers.

Afgans has hit or miss types batsmen. If they have decent batsmen they should be around 4-5 in LOI.

We need to run through lower order of afghans now.

I wonder if Hafeez will be coming in to bowl as well. I'm not sure if you want to use Hasan Ali for 4 overs...

Afgans has hit or miss types batsmen. If they have decent batsmen they should be around 4-5 in LOI.

Their bowling line up isn't world class too. They have 2-3 very good spinners.

But can you mention a pace bowler from Afghanistan worthy of being mentioned?

Nasser has twice called imad's bowling as darting.

Really, I also think that Imad is only a darter

What do you think guys?

He has an economy rate that rivals a 45 degree chucking Ajmal (6.38) and that's despite bowling even in the Powerplay. That's actually incredible.

I do like the aggressive intent. It means as long as they have wickets, they are always in with a chance to score a decent total.

I think [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] wrote somewhere that LQ lied about Rauf being a 150kmh bowler
Read the whole post.

Lq lied about him being 150 initially.

Now he has offcroused bowled 150kph balls after working and training.

But back than he wasnt and he was being used for marketinf

He has an economy rate that rivals a 45 degree chucking Ajmal (6.38) and that's despite bowling even in the Powerplay. That's actually incredible.

Humm. You are right but how he can do that with only darting!. I haven't seen him spinning the ball.

What good effort? This is brainless display. Rizwan and babar played at a higher RR against India without any risks relying on singles-doubles and occasional boundary. This Afg approach ruined cricket and should be shunned. Sure it might please fans but its brainless

Back