ICC T20 World Cup 2024: Pakistan vs India | Match 19 | Group A | New York | June 9th | Indian Innings

BGQ1yTK.png

ObpPIQQ.png

sad news

Pakistan's chances of winning have increased by 20%

I don't think Mohammad Amir still has that magic, maybe history won't repeat itself

1717931270525.png

Somehow I can only recall him fielding one ball and then I have a feeling they took him off the park.

This! It was the strangest thing as I don't even remember him being there. I recall at the beginning the commentators mentioned him once but thereafter not a dickie bird!

This! It was the strangest thing as I don't even remember him being there. I recall at the beginning the commentators mentioned him once but thereafter not a dickie bird!
He was at short fine leg for a bit and then slowly moved towards the dug out

Pak got lucky batting first or they would have had to fielded him for 20 overs bowling first

Any news if Saim Ayub is playing? That will be the only reason I will watch this game. Otherwise, there's no point in staying up for this scam batting lineup.

nobody is firing up if india play their reserve team or even a domestic teams it will still beat pakistan black and blue

plays like abhishek sharma and rinku singh are way ahead of all pakistani batsmen put together

These games have become so one sided now.
Any news if Saim Ayub is playing? That will be the only reason I will watch this game. Otherwise, there's no point in staying up for this scam batting lineup.
Don't get your hopes up.

He will be a sitting duck against Bumrah and co

If Shadab is out then

Babar
Rizwan
Usman
Fakhar
Saim
Ifti
Imad

Is probably our top 7. On paper it's not too bad.
this is my line up, shadab was never part of my line up, just need fakhar to open and this team will probably have some sort of chance

He is 90% confirmed to play but you know this lot, they are terrible with team selection.

I think Azam will have to play now considering he is looking to be ruled out.

this is my line up, shadab was never part of my line up, just need fakhar to open and this team will probably have some sort of chance
I don't think they will risk Fakhar opening.

These guys have been opening for a long time down. Time for them to put their balls on the line.

Ahmed Shehzad, speaking on a local TV show, urged the Pakistan team to adopt a fearless approach, predicting a one-sided victory against India:

“Babar Azam should step on the field with a fearless attitude and the entire team should follow him. There is pressure on both teams during an India-Pakistan match and it doesn’t matter what happened in the past.”

“I’m hopeful that Pakistan will win against India in a one-sided match.”

Imad Wasim is a top class powerplay bowler but this may not be the surface for him to open the bowling.

I dont know if he is good enough to bowl 4 type overs in the middle. We will need to sneak in 1-2 of Ifti and Saim. Babar needs to be a bit inventive.

I know Babar is quite dheedh but he cannot offered to play Azam again the outburst from media is huge already after he has been given so many opportunities whilst averaging less than 10.

He is 90% confirmed to play but you know this lot, they are terrible with team selection.

I think Azam will have to play now considering he is looking to be ruled out.
I have started to feel bad for Azam Khan lately. I feel like they play him on purpose so they have someone to scapegoat. I don’t think he’s a good player but I think he’s only being played so attention can be deflected from Babar, Rizwan, Shadab and Ifti.

If Shadab is out then

Babar
Rizwan
Usman
Fakhar
Saim
Ifti
Imad

Is probably our top 7. On paper it's not too bad.
If I were a spinner looking at that middle order, I would want to take 5 wickets for 20 runs in my 4 overs

I have started to feel bad for Azam Khan lately. I feel like they play him on purpose so they have someone to scapegoat. I don’t think he’s a good player but I think he’s only being played so attention can be deflected from Babar, Rizwan, Shadab and Ifti.
It’s partially working

But the reason why they play him is so that Babar and Rizwan don’t have to push themselves in the top order. They can always lay the blame on him (Azam) failing to not go at 180-200 strike rate and apparently making his required contribution.

They know how to fool the gullible public of Pakistan

That cannot be reason as ultimately Babar gets the blame for picking him in final 11, they got duped by pressure less 6s Azam hit in the Ireland match when match was all but done.

According to reports, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi met with the national cricketers ahead of the India-Pakistan match and will attend the game

According to reports, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi met with the national cricketers ahead of the India-Pakistan match and will attend the game
Chances of losing match has become 100 percent now,adfing pressure on the fragile boys.

If I were a spinner looking at that middle order, I would want to take 5 wickets for 20 runs in my 4 overs
It's the best we have.

Ifti pumped Ashwin once in Australia. Hopefully they can be brave against Indian spinners today. Just need to try and take the ball by the horns and hope for the best.

Yes I agree. It's not the kids fault.

We have one of the world's biggest 'think' tanks and backroom set up....yet he still plays.

Can't blame him at all.

Shadab is a BIG player. This fake news of his injury is being spread so that Indians don't plan against him. He'll be unleashed on the unsuspecting Indians at the last minute. :inti

That cannot be reason as ultimately Babar gets the blame for picking him in final 11, they got duped by pressure less 6s Azam hit in the Ireland match when match was all but done.
But do you see anyone talking about Rizwan? Or Babar’s 9 runs in the first 10 overs? Or Iftikhar’s failures in the main innings?

It’s partially working

But the reason why they play him is so that Babar and Rizwan don’t have to push themselves in the top order. They can always lay the blame on him (Azam) failing to not go at 180-200 strike rate and apparently making his required contribution.

They know how to fool the gullible public of Pakistan
Yeah at the end of the day, it always comes down to, Bro the middle order faiked, and Pakistan has no one else.

Notice how people like Major never talked about chacha or Rizwan as that goes against the Misbah philosophy.

It was mostly Amir and babar bashing, Babar bashing for not making rizzu captain, Amir bashing cause 2017 nightmares.

If India bowl first, the game will be over very quickly. Expect Pakistan to be bowled out for 58.

Yeah at the end of the day, it always comes down to, Bro the middle order faiked, and Pakistan has no one else.

Notice how people like Major never talked about chacha or Rizwan as that goes against the Misbah philosophy.

It was mostly Amir and babar bashing, Babar bashing for not making rizzu captain, Amir bashing cause 2017 nightmares.
Amazing how Major has nothing to say about RizBar bottling it in the super over

Everyone blaming the middle order to support Bobby and rizwan, First of, Babar is captain who is also a part of the selection committee and has massive massive control on who gets to play. Only recently a bit of control was taken away but it didn't make a difference.

You could have Warner and Travis head opening for you and it wouldn't matter if your middle order sucks.

Who told Babar the Atg Captain to choose azam khan who is not a player, Shadab Khan who is not a batsmen, and Chacha who is not a finisher and very poor batsmen to bat at no 5,6,7? Especially when these boys have been failing for years now?

Who asked Bobby and rizwan to open when fakhar and babar opening is what made the no 1 ranked side win 29 games in a row?

Who asked you to get rid of the entire 2018 team?

Who asked fakhar your best odi opener in the past 15 years to bat at no 4 solely because he couldnt shift his form from one format to another, and you didn't bother to persist? We're the results still not 29 wins? Why the rush? Wait patiently, and persist with him opening from 2020-2024 plain and simple?

And lastly who asked you to take players like Abdullah shafiq, Usman khan on the godamn eve of world cups with barely any practise in between? Australia isn't even willing to fraser and jump him early despite him being actual quality? What was the rush taking inexperienced newbies and giving em important positions rather then being sane people and waiting to develop them until 2026 t20 world cup? Their undercooked, not ready and need time? But instead after this cup, you'll boot them?

Why is usman khan playing so early and heck why at no 3 which is tradionally a historic position for your best batter?

Who asked Babar and rizwan who consider themselves no less then don Bradman to hide behind bottlers and tail enders in super overs?

You're telling me that according to you guys, the best OBJECTIVE Pakistani batsmen of all time who surpasses the likes of saeed anwar, has the mentality of a coward? Which atg batsmen has ever had coward mentality? Viv Richards and saeed would eat their chewing gums and stare bowlers dead to their face? That too in an era where they didn't have a habit of wearing helmets?

Amazing how Major has nothing to say about RizBar bottling it in the super over
He mentioned babar hiding and bringing shadab.

Didn't make any comments in Bradman rizwan and how chacha who played the super over bottled it, how it was Misbah who set up fakhar, Chacha and Khusdil in superover in 2020.

Infact Misbah sent fakhar at 3 in super over and even in that game fakhar didn't face a single delivery because in that era, If you crossed before the wicket, the other batter would end up.

The whole tradition of hiding babar and rizwan and sending the likes of chacha in super overs and avoiding fakhar facing any deliveries was started by Misbah

He mentioned babar hiding and bringing shadab.

Didn't make any comments in Bradman rizwan and how chacha who played the super over bottled it, how it was Misbah who set up fakhar, Chacha and Khusdil in superover in 2020.

Infact Misbah sent fakhar at 3 in super over and even in that game fakhar didn't face a single delivery because in that era, If you crossed before the wicket, the other batter would end up.

The whole tradition of hiding babar and rizwan and sending the likes of chacha in super overs and avoiding fakhar facing any deliveries was started by Misbah
Major ends up hiding like Babar himself now

Major ends up hiding like Babar himself now
He claims he's ignoring people cause no one wants civilised discussions but he comes back with cheap shots and then dissapears.

Which is why I reply to him and tear him apart when he takes a sneak peak cheap shot.

With Shadab's potential absence, Saim Ayub is likely to step in. Imad Wasim is also expected to replace Azam Khan. Additionally, leg-spinner Abrar Ahmed might join the playing 11, possibly giving a rest to one of the fast bowlers

knowing babar, amir is more likely to be rested

He claims he's ignoring people cause no one wants civilised discussions but he comes back with cheap shots and then dissapears.

Which is why I reply to him and tear him apart when he takes a sneak peak cheap shot.
You can’t have civil discussions when it’s clear agenda driven posts. He should know that. Not cry wolf

Weakest Pakistan team to ever play India ,if Pakistan wins today which is highly unlikely then there may be seismic disturbance in States

I expect we will be especially wary of Amir and Fakhar, who’ve taken games away from us in the past.

Overall I’m expecting a match in the category of ‘whoever makes the fewest errors’.

Oh and has the Pakistan side been declared? I’d be shocked if Azam plays today.

nobody is firing up if india play their reserve team or even a domestic teams it will still beat pakistan black and blue

plays like abhishek sharma and rinku singh are way ahead of all pakistani batsmen put together

It’s T20 it only takes a couple of players from either side to play a blinder .

If Pakistan can get 180 on the board , the Indian batsmen aren’t as amazing as some ipl fans claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weakest Pakistan team to ever play India ,if Pakistan wins today which is highly unlikely then there may be seismic disturbance in States

Agree , India should win this but if they lose , it means they are nothing special either . Pressure on both teams

If you’re so confident it’s easy money to put all your savings on India win ?

It’s T20 it only takes a couple of players from either side to play a blinder .

If Pakistan can get 180 on the board , the Indian batsmen aren’t as amazing as some ipl fans clclaim.
Whose going to play a blinder? A team of players who lost Ireland USA and newzealand C Team 🤣

I like your spirit but talk reality

Rizwan
Saim
Babar
Fakhar
Usman
Imad
Shadab
Naseem
Shaheen
Haris
Amir

From points perspective this was always expected to be a pressure free match as nothing will change in the next round regardless of this result. Because of Pakistan's loss against USA things have changed now. Pakistan is in a must win situation. If they lose this one Pakistan will once again depend on USA losing to Ireland. So i expect Pakistan to be more switched on for this match compared to India

This

Whoever wins the toss will chase.

Realistically, pak only chance is to chase but even then they will be chasing a sizeable total

Pak bowling attack is awful
Batting first has been so far not a good idea here. But it is difficult to gauge as mostly minnow clashes happened here so far.

Mohammad Hafeez while speaking on a show on local sports channel:

"If Imad Wasim is going to play against India, he should put his injury aside and focus on performing to win the game for Pakistan."
Shoaib Akhtar cremating the English language Guptill trying not to laugh.

This team is the weakest Pakistani team to ever play against India when your starting 11 is

1) Saim/Babar (One is a walking wicket, the other is an unsuited t20 player)
2) Rizwan ( Again unsuited t20 player and a walking wicket against good bowlers)
3) Babar/ Usman Khan (One is unsuited, the other is undercooked and feels like an outsider)
4) Fakhar( if he's switched off then rip, but if he's switched on, What is the point? You want switched on fakhar to play the most deliveries, no 4 fakhar kills that from happening)
5) Shadab (Run machine for batsmen, Walking wicket for bowlers but who knows, Tulla bazi might work today)
6) Azam/ Imad( Imad today is unfit and will go home so what is the point? Azam HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA)
7) Chacha( Dude is just a poor batsmen, and 127 sr is horrible for a t20 no 7. Avg being low is okay for no 7, but these players have very very high Sr's really 140 to 160 at this no. Chacha ain't a finisher, the sr proves it)
8) Shaheen (He's been a hasbeen since 2022)
9) Naseem/Abass (Both are run machines)
10) Rauf (He takes wickets but is a run machine otherwise. Pitch is useless if you bowl a full toss)
11) Amir (Dude is a shadow of his former self now, again I respect Amir for his 2017 services, disrespect him for 2010 but as a bowler I've admired him, but I think he is finished now, Still alot better then what happened to hasan Ali though)

^^ This team is weaker then 2022 even which atleast had haris who came good and was kinda our only batsmen, and all bowlers were fit and firing and were capable of defending low 140 totals.

Hello PP'ers ...back on the PP horse after long gap as i care fridge for never ending IPL elephant ine soap opera, give me international cric any time

As an Indian, just fed up of the one upmanship, downing of the oppo, and the some of the crass display by our media, fans etc.

Yeah, Pak lost to US...but they committed about 2500 errors in that game that you can bet they wont repeat, I expect Gary k and the other staff to crack the whip.

I expect pak to come out desperate, hungry and like a shark searching on a bait to chew.

I hope our guys are not punch drunk on the success against Ireland and the 'oh its gonna be so easy ' bandwagon vibe that is being drummed and unfortunately so.

The wicket is gonna be difficult and i'd take yash as opener with Hitman, the LH rh combo fits well with VK coming in at 3 and being the anchor. With surya, rishabh, hardik, rav jads and shivam you have a good mix of hitting and runing ability and also lh rh that we so dearly lacked prev.

This is bowling friendly conditions and yu cannot just go for the tall timber from ball one. this will test techniques.

all in all i hope our guys dont be overconfident and go with bloated heads, but calm confident and wait for pak to make the mistakes.

match will be a cracker !

Geez Navjot bombastic cringe motormouth sidhu is on the ground....what an assault on one's senses!

Hello PP'ers ...back on the PP horse after long gap as i care fridge for never ending IPL elephant ine soap opera, give me international cric any time

As an Indian, just fed up of the one upmanship, downing of the oppo, and the some of the crass display by our media, fans etc.

Yeah, Pak lost to US...but they committed about 2500 errors in that game that you can bet they wont repeat, I expect Gary k and the other staff to crack the whip.

I expect pak to come out desperate, hungry and like a shark searching on a bait to chew.

I hope our guys are not punch drunk on the success against Ireland and the 'oh its gonna be so easy ' bandwagon vibe that is being drummed and unfortunately so.

The wicket is gonna be difficult and i'd take yash as opener with Hitman, the LH rh combo fits well with VK coming in at 3 and being the anchor. With surya, rishabh, hardik, rav jads and shivam you have a good mix of hitting and runing ability and also lh rh that we so dearly lacked prev.

This is bowling friendly conditions and yu cannot just go for the tall timber from ball one. this will test techniques.

all in all i hope our guys dont be overconfident and go with bloated heads, but calm confident and wait for pak to make the mistakes.

match will be a cracker !
According to you They committed 2500 errors and you're claiming they won't repeat a single one?

According to you They committed 2500 errors and you're claiming they won't repeat a single one?
some of those errors were pretty elementary, i don't think you'd have an intl side doing such errors, eg not backing up bowler and letting overthrows, pinching double inside the 15 yard, not bowlign so many wides etc...u'd back them not to do this again, dont think lightnigh will strike twice

Azam was apparently not even practicing batting and Was just giving throw downs to other batters

The guy might have to play now
I went to watch Pakistan V England in Birmingham last month. Azam khan was the last one to come out to the field for the warm up. He did nothing and stood there. His laziness is unmatched

Just saw our guys in the nets after long time as i did'nt follow IPL.....

Sharmaji ka Damaad looks fit, toned and has lost more weight....looks lean mean and hungry

Sharmaji ka beta on the other hand looks like he has'nt let too many 2nd helpings of Paav Bhaji, Pune Misal or vada Paav go unanswered and has surely contributed to the happiness of many a mumbai ragda pattice joint... :ua :cool::afridi

hope whatever their physical state is, there is no effect on their batting or fielding or captaincy.:)

With Shadab's potential absence, Saim Ayub is likely to step in. Imad Wasim is also expected to replace Azam Khan. Additionally, leg-spinner Abrar Ahmed might join the playing 11, possibly giving a rest to one of the fast bowlers

knowing babar, amir is more likely to be rested
Babar does not trust Amir anymore.
Infact there are many indications that he suspects him after the game against US of A. :inti

Whose going to play a blinder? A team of players who lost Ireland USA and newzealand C Team 🤣

I like your spirit but talk reality

India hasn’t won an ICC tournament for over 11 years. It’s not my spirit , it’s records . IPL can confuse some as Indians win it every year.

Pak has nothing to lose now , it’s not going to be a one sided Bollywood tamasha , it will go down to the last 2 overs imo

India hasn’t won an ICC tournament for over 11 years. It’s not my spirit , it’s records . IPL can confuse some as Indians win it every year.

Pak has nothing to lose now , it’s not going to be a one sided Bollywood tamasha , it will go down to the last 2 overs imo
True but India have smashed pakistan 14-1 in world cups that's also a record 😀

I hope your here during the game 🤫

Every match is important between the two , you can keep a tally of World Cup matches or Bhangra dances but since I started watching cricket (when Indians weren’t scared of playing ) I’ve seen more Pak victories than losses v India .

I will comment when I can , you’re turning a cricket match into your wedding , chill :sachin

Were you always Indian or you've switched alliances with the flag and all? I'm sure I've seen you saying you're at Pak games off recently when they played at Cardiff.

Back