ICC T20 World Cup 2024: Pakistan vs India | Match 19 | Group A | New York | June 9th | Indian Innings

A slight drizzle and covers are on the field at the Nassau County Cricket Stadium in New York

1717940262426.png

PAK usually play their best cricket after they have been humiliated by a weak/minnow side. And Kohli, Rohit, Jadeja are old .

With a world class allrounder like Imad and a generational young talent like Saim back in the side , it's going to be a nightmare for India.

Heart wants Bharat but brain says a young , extraordinarily gifted PAK side will canter this :sadbye

Were you always Indian or you've switched alliances with the flag and all? I'm sure I've seen you saying you're at Pak games off recently when they played at Cardiff.
I was wondering the same. Think he’s done an Adnan Sami

Every match is important between the two , you can keep a tally of World Cup matches or Bhangra dances but since I started watching cricket (when Indians weren’t scared of playing ) I’ve seen more Pak victories than losses v India .

I will comment when I can , you’re turning a cricket match into your wedding , chill :sachin
What for being realistic? I don't care how long you've have been watching cricket for there is no imran khan, waseem akram and younis khan in this line up. You need to fast forward to 2024 this team lost to USA Ireland newzealand C team Afghanistan last year. I don't know what your smoking if you think pakistan are winning 🤔

PAK usually play their best cricket after they have been humiliated by a weak/minnow side. And Kohli, Rohit, Jadeja are old .

With a world class allrounder like Imad and a generational young talent like Saim back in the side , it's going to be a nightmare for India.

Heart wants Bharat but brain says a young , extraordinarily gifted PAK side will canter this :sadbye
There are levels of trolling but not you are just taking the p…. Lol

Its drizzling, pitch is covered. Sunny G says pitch is the leveller. i feel team that wins toss will bowl first make use of conditions, heavy outfield etc.....it will be struggle with good pace bowling on offer. can't see batsmen going swinging their bats and going gung ho like in ipl

Shadab is now undropable due to his knock (Pakistan think tank), the dilemma is he can’t take a wicket to save his life. Do they bring in another spinner?

No drainage system in New York stadium. Only pitch covered.
Not a good sign for cricket in USA.
I

Shadab is now undropable due to his knock (Pakistan think tank), the dilemma is he can’t take a wicket to save his life. Do they bring in another spinner?
They've only brought in 1 change, Imad for Azam.

Abrar is just there for a free US trip as he's never been there before.

It’s drizzling, pitch is covered. Sunny G says pitch is the leveller. i feel team that wins toss will bowl first make use of conditions, heavy outfield etc.....it will be struggle with good pace bowling on offer. can't see batsmen going swinging their bats and going gung ho like in ipl
Pakistan can’t chase

I would take a rain off.

Pakistan not being embarrassed vs India is equivalent to a win.

Take the point and hope Ireland beat USA.

No drainage system in New York stadium. Only pitch covered.
Not a good sign for cricket in USA.
I
Great. As it is ball just plugs after it touches the grass. It will become even worse now. If it is deemed too dangerous i don't want Bumrah to get injured.

Gary Kirsten came triumphant in Mohali clash but fear for the worst today, he will get a taste of contrasting emotions in a sporting rivalry epic

Haha Afridi is there as a commentator surely doomsday is upon us

Every match is important between the two , you can keep a tally of World Cup matches or Bhangra dances but since I started watching cricket (when Indians weren’t scared of playing ) I’ve seen more Pak victories than losses v India .

I will comment when I can , you’re turning a cricket match into your wedding , chill :sachin

Tbh since 2003 Pakistan cricket has been in decline. It's possible it could come back but looks increasingly unlikely. India will keep getting better and will eventually overtake take us in the H2Hs.

Whoever wins the toss will chase

Don't think anyone who wins the toss in this cup with bat first

Tbh since 2003 Pakistan cricket has been in decline. It's possible it could come back but looks increasingly unlikely. India will keep getting better and will eventually overtake take us in the H2Hs.
They would have long back. But lack of bilaterals will make it nearly impossible at this point. We used to have 7 match series, 5 match series back then.

My line would be

Saim
Rizwan
Babar
Usman
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Amir

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Kamran Akmal, a key player in Pakistan's 2009 T20 World Cup victory, emphasized the importance of adapting to New York's unique playing conditions:

“The conditions in New York are different, so we have to play accordingly. If you are mentally strong, solid technique-wise, have the temperament and shot selection is cricketing, then you can score runs."

“Don’t think that you need to score 170 or 180 here, just think that we have to play 20 overs here. If we manage to score 140 or 150, it will get easier for the Pakistan team to win the match. You will not be able to play those shots in the early overs that you tried to play against the USA."

"The match is important because if we win this match, we will be able to qualify for Super Eight and if we lose, then this World Cup will lose its charm if Pakistan is no longer here."

Inspection under way!

The good news is that the rain has stopped and the umpres are on their way out to inspect the pitch!

If Pakistan lose today our WC is almost over , PCB $100k will be saved
It still has a chance if USA loses to Ireland/India. But the thing is Ireland will also come into picture if they beat USA and Pakistan. Nobody remotely expected a tough fight in this group. Only group of death is supposed to be Afghanistan, NZ, West Indies.

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Kamran Akmal, a key player in Pakistan's 2009 T20 World Cup victory, emphasized the importance of adapting to New York's unique playing conditions:

“The conditions in New York are different, so we have to play accordingly. If you are mentally strong, solid technique-wise, have the temperament and shot selection is cricketing, then you can score runs."

“Don’t think that you need to score 170 or 180 here, just think that we have to play 20 overs here. If we manage to score 140 or 150, it will get easier for the Pakistan team to win the match. You will not be able to play those shots in the early overs that you tried to play against the USA."

"The match is important because if we win this match, we will be able to qualify for Super Eight and if we lose, then this World Cup will lose its charm if Pakistan is no longer here."
If pak can score 150 on this wicket, it means it's a good track and India will chase with ease

It still has a chance if USA loses to Ireland/India. But the thing is Ireland will also come into picture if they beat USA and Pakistan. Nobody remotely expected a tough fight in this group. Only group of death is supposed to be Afghanistan, NZ, West Indies.
That's really not group of death. It has PNG and Uganda as its associate teams. Ireland has been shambolic. They are much better than this.

Let’s go Pakistan. Expecting big runs from the big man Rizwan and wickets galore from the early shaheen

Team who is going to win the toss is going to bowl first for sure. 100%

I'm genuinely terrified of this team. The outcome of today's game will determine whether I watch this team's match or if I give up cricket permanently. I do not wish to witness the demise of Pakistan cricket right before my very eyes. I just want to move on without knowing what's going on with this team.

It’s morning there, they have full day to play match
Not sure they must have certain cut off time that is not like evening due to broadcasting other games scheduled etc. That's what happens in England Scotland game. Also covers and drainage likely v poor given its makeshift new stadium

Gary trying his best to motivate the team. Looks like hes trying to take hold of the team. Hes still only 14 days in. His training session videos, literally doing throw downs to Saim Ayub himself and the speech just now. Absolutely love this guy! I hope PCB let him pick a captain after this worldcup or give him full control and let Babar stay as their mascot.

saw image of imad giving a speech in the huddle and handing a cap

this means either abrar or saim is getting aworld cup debut.

saw image of imad giving a speech in the huddle and handing a cap

this means either abrar or saim is getting aworld cup debut.
There are no caps given for worldcup debuts, i think its Abrar mistri. But i didnt see this particular visual so just guessing.

This game should've happened Fri or Sat NA prime time. People in the subcontinent would've still watched it. During their prime time their wives or sisters are busy with those serials anyway.

Umpires are out for inspection. Looks like we might have a toss soon.

Back