ICC T20 World Cup 2024: Pakistan vs India | Match 19 | Group A | New York | June 9th | Indian Innings

During toss
Babar : yeah we gonna bowl first due to moisture on this pitch.
After the match when India will beat Pakistan by 70 runs.
Babar : yeah moisture never left.

Brining imad in doesn't really strengthen the batting line up.

On this wicket, you need a longer batting line up

Babar Azam: We will bowl first because of the weather and moisture in the pitch. The conditions suit us, we have four fast bowlers. We will try to use it to our best. Past is past, we are looking forward to today's match, we are ready and will give our 100%. Always a big game, our confidence is always high for India vs Pak. Azam Khan is resting.

I thought he was resting in the match vs USA as well ;)

Pakistan won the toss and chose to bowl first.
sdyv8KT.jpeg

qUdGE9E.png

Looks like the stadium is about 85% filled with Indian supporters. Either New York is packed with a large Indian population or the Pakistan fans sold their tickets on the black market after the loss to USA.
Tickets were allocated through a lottery system and Indians outnumber Pakistanis 10 to 1, so it’s obvious you’ll see more Indians. Also Indians are wealthier, so they grabbed tickets from the third party websites as well.

Look forward to watching Babar and Rizwan bat today, their style of play perfectly suited for the conditions uh uh uh uh :afridi

American Indian & Pakistanis in the crowd look like new immigrants .

They trying to hype it but it’s not edgbaston
True however seems more wealthy and educated. Edgbaston type crowd is too blue-collar/ labor types (nothing wrong with that) but I would definitely feel uncomfortable in some sections of such crowds.

Because the ICC always make sure the Indians get more tickets then Pakistan

you have to get to early login with multiple accounts & try to buy tickets . Indians are more organised & generally want the tickets more.

Only MCG can accommodate all . These are tiny stadiums

I would have liked to lose the toss and asked to bat first. This isn’t a chasing ground
Wil be moisture upfront and potentially DL method coming in if it rains again.

Good decision to bowl

Babar Azam: We will bowl first because of the weather and moisture in the pitch. The conditions suit us, we have four fast bowlers. We will try to use it to our best. Past is past, we are looking forward to today's match, we are ready and will give our 100%. Always a big game, our confidence is always high for India vs Pak. Azam Khan is resting.

I thought he was resting in the match vs USA as well ;)
Hopefully he "rests" for at least 5 years

Kuldeep is one guy who can trigger collapse out of nowhere. So that is a huge gamble. But for India this is not a must win match. Could be an experiment may be.

In toss time Rohit clearly looks like he is not interested...laughing and discussion with some others while Ravi calling him for talj

why shadab though
i was so happy when people said he was injured

True however seems more wealthy and educated. Edgbaston type crowd is too blue-collar/ labor types (nothing wrong with that) but I would definitely feel uncomfortable in some sections of such crowds.

It’s about atmosphere, it’s a huge sporting rival match .

British culture is far superior in sporting events , no nation can come close esp when you have sensible uncles in the American crowd

Lanat hai yar wesay, but its good. Babar and Rizwan either live or die by their own sword this time. If we lost against India, we are out of the tournament and so is Babar.
For real bro. Not gonna get rid of Babar and Rizwan though no matter what. Could’ve literally dropped Ifti and played Saim even if it was lower down the order. But they wanna stick to their dosti yaari group

Kuldeep is one guy who can trigger collapse out of nowhere. So that is a huge gamble. But for India this is not a must win match. Could be an experiment may be.
Yeah and Kuldeep always does well against Pakistan

perfect start for Pakistan. now just to get top 3 out quick n end the game

Do you think its hard to chase here ??
100%

South Africa actually botched 2 chases with their top order and were bailed out twice by the middle and late order against much weaker opposition.

India will make chasing 130 even extremely difficult here. Plus it’s a continuation of yesterday, the wicket will only get more and more difficult to bat I recon

Who does Chacha know in the PCB that he keeps getting picked in the playing 11 after failing, match after match? At least Azam is the son of Moin Khan....

India batting first in unhelpful conditions.
If pak get our Top order cheapely, its game over.
It will be a massive struggle. I just feel we nee dto play out the PP with minimum wicket loss and then recalibrate and hit out in the latter overs, keep wickets for the end..
And why do they have akshar Patel when they already have jads? would'nt Kulli been a better choice? but i like that they've gone for shivam and hardik -i feel their kind of bowling will be hard to get away....
Would toss win be a massive advantage for PaK> waqt batayega..

Hopefully this will be the last time we see the old man, Rauf and Amir in a ICC tournament, and it’s starting to rain

Our obsession with bits and pieces players like Iftikhar, Shahab and Imad is unbelievable.

Can’t believe our tail starts at 3 down.

you have to get to early login with multiple accounts & try to buy tickets . Indians are more organised & generally want the tickets more.

Only MCG can accommodate all . These are tiny stadiums
Pakistanis by nature leave everything to the last minute and buy at resale. Matches like these have little resale tickets.

Repeat of previous clash ?

India out for avg score , Babar & Rizwan chase it with 10 wicket win ?
InshAllah.

A big win, India put in their place and jopefully the damage done to the Pak wrist slitters is permanent.

One can dream at least...

I’ve waited for hours and hours to get tickets for India and Pakistan in England and not been successful added to the fact that the tickets are also really expensive

Kohli batting first against Pakistan means he can't stay not out. Whenever he is out India loses. :) Whenever he is not out India wins.

Yuck. Some IPL hero Dube is in. Looks like a loser Bollywood wannabe actor
Would’ve preferred Kuldeep. But always liked Axar, so not too fussed though he’ll probably get thrashed.

Back