ICC T20 World Cup 2024: Pakistan vs India | Match 19 | Group A | New York | June 9th | Indian Innings

PAK/BABAR got 2 things right - won toss & dropped Azam .
btw , anyone seen the pitch report ?

This is kinda frustrating. It shouldn't take that long once the sun is out lll

Just bowl line and length.

Nothing fancy.

Haris will struggle to hit the same line and length, but the trio of Shaheen, Amir and Naseem should be able to do it.

Ok we will trash Pakistan. Is 100 kilo ka haat jab padega to…..Pakistan team is buzdil, 1 Indian player is equal to 100 Pakistani cricketers. Ab khush (y)
Im not surprised, walmart cashiers beat this team. You guys have a great chance.

Kohli and Rohit will be trolled endlessly if they fail here. Kohli atleast had a lot of success against Pakistan. But Rohit has done nothing in T20I against Pakistan. Only in ODIs. He was preferred over Jaiswal, Gill, Abhishek, Ruturaj etc.. It will be endless trolling.

InshAllah.

A big win, India put in their place and jopefully the damage done to the Pak wrist slitters is permanent.

One can dream at least...

It’s a lot closer than what some think . India & more specifically Sharmas tactics in the 2nd innings will be a deciding factors .

Pakistan get to bowl first , this alone keeps them in the match for the 2nd .

After losing to USA , they are playing for more than the World Cup but self respect for themselves & the shirt they wear

Kohli and Rohit will be trolled endlessly if they fail here. Kohli atleast had a lot of success against Pakistan. But Rohit has done nothing in T20I against Pakistan. Only in ODIs. He was preferred over Jaiswal, Gill, Abhishek, Ruturaj etc.. It will be endless trolling.
Pitches like these in all the other games and both India and Pak are not 100 through

The onus is on Pakistan after winning the toss must capitalise this, 2 slips gully point short cover mid off get your positions right

You can't trol Kohli he's pakistan biggest nightmare.

Pakistani bowlers will struggle to bowl the same length consistently.
They will be get beating.

We were just too good in T20s. It was our game. How have we fallen so much is astounding
We were the best at one stage, had pure firepower in 2009-2011, even with ODI’s the 90’s and early 2000’s we had pure aggression and fell in love with the cricket. Then now we become a bunch of ‘girl scouts’ only fitting term as we are in the USA

Pak should open with Shaheen and Naseem. I feel Naseem would be deadly on this wicket with the new ball
Amir would love to bowl Kohli again. Kohli might not like amir bowling in those conditions as well. Tricky decision coming ahead from Babar.

Rain delays has lowered the energy of pak pacers… now they will try to put all energy in bowling resulting in wides n noballs

Will Fakhar perform at #4 or should we wait for the 3rd over mystic meg!?

His fanatics want him to score an average of 22 at #1, instead of 30 odd at #4.

😂🎉🥳

You can't trol Kohli he's pakistan biggest nightmare.
It is not because it is against Pakistan. Fans generally want to phase out these oldies that are still taking up the spots of youngsters. Shockingly Jay SHah announced much earlier that Rohit will be the captain which was unprofessional.

Amir would love to bowl Kohli again. Kohli might not like amir bowling in those conditions as well. Tricky decision coming ahead from Babar.
This is the Amir of 2024 not 10 years ago. He’s a medium pace trundler now

Pak should open with Shaheen and Naseem. I feel Naseem would be deadly on this wicket with the new ball
Yes definitely Naseem or Shaheen can bowl all the full quota up front if they bowling well.

Will Fakhar perform at #4 or should we wait for the 3rd over mystic meg!?

His fanatics want him to score an average of 22 at #1, instead of 30 odd at #4.

😂🎉🥳
It’s not just how much he scores, it’s how he scores them. I think Fakhar not batting power overs is criminal

It is not because it is against Pakistan. Fans generally want to phase out these oldies that are still taking up the spots of youngsters. Shockingly Jay SHah announced much earlier that Rohit will be the captain which was unprofessional.

That's true but I think that's with every team.

Pakistani bowlers will struggle to bowl the same length consistently.
They will be get beating.
They will enjoy overcast conditions and also it offers pelnty of uneven bounce, uneven pace plus seam movement. Almost all teams have struggled to bat here.

Amir SSA Naseem Rauf need to show the world why Pakistan were famous for fast bowling, Naseem Shah must open as he is right arm

I just think having 2 left arm bowlers open the bowling makes it easier for the batters to adjust. Better to mix up the angles imo

Can Amir emulate what greats in sporting career have done back with a bang after long hiatus

Pakistan bowling need to get their act together but Ruf guy is such a confident buster

Ok we will trash Pakistan. Is 100 kilo ka haat jab padega to…..Pakistan team is buzdil, 1 Indian player is equal to 100 Pakistani cricketers. Ab khush (y)
Reason why my brother @Slim Is saying what he's saying is because you guys are underestimating your team too much.

Yes 2024 india isn't great but you guys are overly pushing it to make it seem like their some minnow. Rohit may be burnt out but he's still a good PP player. Yes he is not the hitman of the past and kohli is not an ideal t20 player anymore given both their ages but their still ATG's, a massive threat in this cup and leagues > any pakistani player.

Further more the likes of azam khan make Pant look like Bradman in comparison and Bumrah is single handidely > The entire pak bowling unit of pace and kuldeep in terms of spin.

This is a team that will atleast reach semi's ans once it does, anything can happen as 2 good games are all that's needed something 2017 pak which wasn't even the strongest and was leagues weaker then 2017 India managed to win on a given day due to a collapse.

Like it or not, aussie fans will be on their toes against India even if Australia is leagues >, while Australia assuming pakistan somehow makes it into group stages would just treat Pakistan as a warmup and troll them like they did last 202e World cup in warmup by beating the whole team with David Warner bowling lol

Let's hope shaheen doesn't bowl every ball the same. Gets too predictable.

They will enjoy overcast conditions and also it offers pelnty of uneven bounce, uneven pace plus seam movement. Almost all teams have struggled to bat here.
I know that Pakistani bowlers will bowl that fuller length which is kind of criminal to bowl on this pitch.

It’s not just how much he scores, it’s how he scores them. I think Fakhar not batting power overs is criminal
He had 40 odd chances to open for Pak T20, and ended up with 22@132. Apparently he was waiting for a license to cut loose, but his provisional license is delayed in the post.

697KzUV.png

The three leading T20I run scorers are playing today on what is considered to be a dangerous and difficult wicket to bat on. All eyes on them. If these three cannot handle this wicket, what chance do other batters have?

You know its fine, his captaincy will be buried with the players he backed. If we lose today, i really hope there is a massive cleanup of the Pakistani team with Gary Kirsten been given full control.
Really hope both Babar and Shaheen need to be kicked out as both involved in grouping.

Rohit and Kohli arguably the greatest batsmen to play cricket in last decade and half, India should be more than confident
Fans would be confident normally. But India has this familar top order collapses in these events. That is the only reason they won't be uber confient.

Rohit and Kohli arguably the greatest batsmen to play cricket in last decade and half, India should be more than confident
Not arguably, they 100% are. No one from 2014 to 2024 is better then they are. Unless if you wanna count Dhoni or yuvraj it their primes are before that, not during, they played in different era's. So not a fair comparison

Sky Sports Cricket's Michael Atherton:

"It has become a cliché to talk about their highs and lows but they are a side that scale the rooftops and plumb the depths more than most.

"You wouldn't put it past them to completely turn around against India but they are going to have to play a whole lot better than they did in the first game against USA, and in England beforehand where they didn't look like a side you would class as one of the top challengers."

Amir-Shaheen-Naseem in overcast conditions on an unpredictable pitch is not going to be easy.
At the moment they are just names with some past hype behind them , they’ve done jack sheet for the last couple of years ( many years in amir case)

Here we go, please not another spanking and at least compete.

Dayum we lost the toss and wet outfield arggg bad omen already

No sure why IFFI is standing in slips. He was real bad there last time.

Back