ICC T20 World Cup 2024: Pakistan vs India | Match 19 | Group A | New York | June 9th | Indian Innings

Let’s see if Shaheen has remembered how to set a wicket up

Length should be pulled back a little bit. Don't mind the middle stump line.

I find it amusing to see the Pakistani supporters on this forum who believe that they have a bad team and somehow India has a superior team. We have seen time and time again on spicy pitches we cannot play left arm swing bowling. We also have an aging outdated batting team that will never go aggressive from the start. Our best t20 combination is actually sitting at and watching TV apart from Bumrah.

Shaheen has been poor with the new ball recently

He shouldn't bowl with the new ball anymore

What has caused his loss of pace , he’s been like this for a while now

Thank God it's raining again. Pakistan's best chance of avoiding defeat.

It was supposed to be clear, why is it raining again?

Stars are aligning for Pakistan here. All these breaks would break the concentration of the batters and they will have to restart all over again.

Shaheen wants to bowl full on the pads to Rohit

Rohit developed a release shot during Asia cup clipping Shaheen to square leg in order to counter it.

The idiot Babar needed to keep his outfield fielder Square and at fine asking Rohit to play that shot

SSA is too good to be dropped by our low standards but looks very average against any batsmen worth his salt. Naseem is overweight and looks off the pace.

That six by Rohit had completely settled the nerves for India

Why is there only an additional 90 minutes of spare time?

It's going to be dry in a few hours.

One thing that really irks me is bowlers smiling after being hit for a 4 or 6. Unusual reaction. Shows Shaheen Shah Afridi isn’t really taking this seriously.
I'd rather have them smiling and being quietly confident than looking despondent with poor body language

I expect Pakistan to come on the ground today with shoulders down. Even if they do try to come with the chin up. You'll quickly see within the first 2 overs after a few boundaries that the body language will go down.

India will know that and their first priority will be to target Pakistani bowlers to get their body language down. Once Pakistan are back to their defeatist psychology. India will score enough of a total (if they bat first) that Pakistan will always feel intimidated by the target.

India and Pakistan have always been a close contest when Pakistan have had the momentum with him. In 2021 even, Pakistan beat India because they had momentum.

Right now. There is none. When Pakistan plays India on back of a defeats. They always get thrashing. That's what I have observed.
Yes India will try n impose themselves from the beginning ruthlessly ( and so they should ).
Fakhar needs to have good game for us
on his day a true match winner who can drag an average team through against a good team

Great for Pakistan to get 1 point and stay alive in tournament.

huge plus for PAK - bowling in these overcast conditions & in a stop-start kind of game .... team batting 1st does not know what to plan for - 12 , 15 -20 overs !

So now all that's left is to hope Ireland beats usa and we don't have any rained off USA game?

One thing that really irks me is bowlers smiling after being hit for a 4 or 6. Unusual reaction. Shows Shaheen Shah Afridi isn’t really taking this seriously.

LOL, that is some deduction mate.

Back