ICC T20 World Cup 2024: Pakistan vs India | Match 19 | Group A | New York | June 9th | Indian Innings

Virat is walking onto the ground with the bat on his shoulder. Looks ominous.

During his first over - they showed his bowling spell against India couple of years ago. Since then he has lost fluidity and flow to his bowling. That injury really set him back.
Exactly.

Him coming back early from the injury ruined him

You can see the gulf from 21 and now.

Down on pace and doesn't even swing it half as much

One thing that really irks me is bowlers smiling after being hit for a 4 or 6. Unusual reaction. Shows Shaheen Shah Afridi isn’t really taking this seriously.

Or it reflects his mental scaring and lack of self belief against Rohit Sharma. Mentally he has surrendered to Rohit and acknowledges he can't get him out hence the smile to mask his helplessness.

Seam bowlers are very dangerous on this pitch. India is missing shami very badly.

The humiliation is to continue then . I told myself I’m not going to watch but here I am just can’t help it even though we know it will end brutally

Great shot by Rohit, Shaheen has to be a bit patient , not even Wasim tried to blast a world class batsmen like he does .
There is enough in conditions to get India out but we must ensure patience n focus aggression

Wasim had the ability to put the ball in the same spot and get it to do 3 different things ie inswing, outswing or go straight on. Just look at his spell against India in Perth where he bamboozled Dravid, Laxman and Dighe.

This skill, patience, art of setting a batter is acquired over playing and respecting the longer format of the game for long periods of time. T20 Cricket and abundance of leagues has ruined Pakistani bowlers

India have a better team here , but Pakistan need to be desperate , this is more than India - Pakistan game for them , they have no alternative but to come out all guns blazing.

Why are they bowling so full?

Just bowl on a good length or back of a length

Naseem has lost the zip since the shoulder injury. Not the same bowler anymore

Hopefully that will give Naseem some confidence to bowl with some fire, he looks too cautious at the moment.

Rattle some more timber! Remember those 'Demolition in Progress' placards? Invoke the spirit of 1999.

I think its the 2nd time Pak has dismissed Virat in a T20 WC game

For Pakistan the key is to keep it tight and bowl more dot balls. In 20 20 dot balls matter most end of the day.

Everyone was talking about seeing off opening overs. bUt that was a dreadful ball. Shot was on. But ball stuck into the pitch.

Long hop .

Virat has always been nice to Pakistan 🇵🇰

The main man Pak bottle against out , the game is now there to win

Lol I knew the law of averages would kick in when they kept talking about the scores that Virat made against Pakistan in the previous world cups

Back