ICC Under-19 World Cup | New Zealand Under-19s v Pakistan Under-19s

Babar Azam is 2nd in runs.
Zia 2nd in wickets.
Salman Afridi is tied for the lead in most dismissals.

Easy win for Pak. One of the strongest team to win the Competition beside Aus. and SA.

WI weak in their batting strong bowling. England very weak in their batting strong bowling.

India looked strong in batting, but have collapsed several times now. Ok in their bowling. Excellent fielding though.

hey genghis since your up close, in your opinion do any of these pakistani players have the talent and temperment to suceed at the international level for pakistan?
I've seen a few games and I see a lot of potential in this team.

With the batsman, I haven't seen Sami do much but he has performed prior to arriving here. Babar Azam is definitely one to look out for. Imam Ul Haq also looks good. Saad Ali also oozed class in that innings against England. And then you have Umar Waheed who batted very sensibly as well against Afghanistan.

From the bowlers, they all have performed at times throughout the tournament. Usman and Nawaz have bowled superbly and picked up wickets along the way. The quicks have done the job as well at the start of the innings. Ehsan Adil has been unlucky not to have more wickets, Zia started off the tour not that great, but is getting better after each game. And Azizullah only played the warmups but he looked skiddy too.

It's really up to these boys now, how they push themselves and not become lost once they return to Pakistan.

Salam all.

Gengish brother. Do you know if Azizullah is fit or injured? In these conditions Pakistan should surely play 3 seamers, especially if they meet India in quarters.

:13::13:
easy win for pak. One of the strongest team to win the competition beside aus. And sa.

Wi weak in their batting strong bowling. England very weak in their batting strong bowling.

India looked strong in batting, but have collapsed several times now. ok in their bowling. Excellent fielding though.
:19:

Fletcher off the mark. 1 run to him. Come on Zia. Just 4 more wickets for you to get :)

Salam all.

Gengish brother. Do you know if Azizullah is fit or injured? In these conditions Pakistan should surely play 3 seamers, especially if they meet India in quarters.

I will double-check, but I am pretty sure that they are playing an extra spinner instead. Against India, they may change that tactic.

Him and Bell-Drummond could certainly play for England in the near future.

Bell-Drummond - I heard a lot about him. Seen him with Kent too but today he looked awful. Was 0(19) and couldn't get off the mark. Looked very nervous. A lot of edges and didn't look in control one bit. Instead of staying out their and going through the tricky period he went for a horrible slog and gave his wicket away.

Plenty of play and misses from both ends. They still can't get the quicks away.

If we see an edge I can see the ball going between slips and keeper. Huge gap between the two.

Guys watch out for Shozair Ali from the England side. I've seen him bowl at Edgbaston in the nets and he was bowling to Trott for some time. He looks a real talent. Bowls a very good out swinger and is very accurate. Has good fitness levels too. Was bowling very quickly for about 45mins.

Fletcher is out LBW! - great by Adil. Now leave the rest so Zia can get his five-fer :p

India 161/5 after 36.2 overs against PNG.

Remember that PNG made almost 200 runs against pakistan in warm ups after batting first, so if they can keep India under 230 they might surprise the indians.

India 161/5 after 36.2 overs against PNG.

Remember that PNG made almost 200 runs against pakistan in warm ups after batting first, so if they can keep India under 230 they might surprise the indians.

They need to get Zol out quickly.

124-7. 6 overs to go. Should go like this.

Zia, Nawaz, Zia, Nawaz, Ehsan & Nawaz

Ehsan Adil finishes his 10 overs. 2 wickets for him. Excellent bit of bowling by the young man. Great performance. Should be happy.

125-7. 5 overs remaining. Hopefully Zia will get the remaining 3 wickets to get him self a five-fer.

Yeah top bowling from Ehsan. He has impressed me every game I've seen.

Also the first catch which was taken by Saad Ali was a spectacular one handed catch which he just plucked out of the air.

What an over. Only 5 of it. 4 overs to go now. Zia & Nawaz with two each. Come on Zia. 12 balls 3 wickets!

Pakistan has had only a fine leg and a third man outside the circle in that last over for Zia. Attacking in the final overs of the day,

Pakistan has had only a fine leg and a third man outside the circle in that last over for Zia. Attacking in the final overs of the day,

Wow, that really is attacking. Explains the boundary of the last over too.

Back