ICC World Cup 2023: India (229/9) remain unbeaten as they win against England (129) by 100 runs

Indian tail is way too long. So they will take their own time.
Why don't india fix that?
This guy harshit looks like he can bat. Mohsin from ipl. They look much better bowlers than thakur and can slog.

Don't expect entertainment if at all any for next 30 overs lol This is going to be a tough one for batsmen.

Such a boring batting unit. Only surpassed by our useless batting.

Man.. Getting out to Woakes on such pitches is criminal. Yes it's a good delivery, but Gill just never seems to improve against the incoming delivery. Allowing Woakes to keep hitting that line is criminal, on such pitches. Should be bashing him around.
Good observation Macha :)

my 5 c's on this, he tends to grip bat higher and does not have a proper forward defensive push. His game is much like Greg Chappel, Zaheer abbas, mo azhar, damien martyn, stephen fleming type of guys who play 'high' and are more timing based players. But even with this, i feel he has done remarkably well and am confident a big innings is loading up soon.

England's no. 11 batsman Mark Wood is better than India's no. 8 batsman 😂😂
In the absence of Shardul and Ashwin we are carrying a long tail. Probably the worst tailenders in the world.

I can only imagine England's plight today on this surface if dew doesn't arrive. Batting 2nd if not for dew, will be a nightmare.

Loool shreyas iyer
Average 26 vs short ball
35 vs full
50 plus vs everything else.

Hahahahha
Short ball again.
Again

And again.lool
India should re consider picking thus guy haha.

Ball was not even on hip height. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
Iyer what are doing mate?? You can't pull every ball.. Control your ego mate

Bad day for India on the field. Will be bowled out under 200.

What a pathetic batting unit. That's what happens when you don't select players based on merit.

Same with us Pakistan.

Have been saying this for a while. Indian bowling is class. Indian batting is very very overrated. Pathetic unit.

Good observation Macha :)

my 5 c's on this, he tends to grip bat higher and does not have a proper forward defensive push. His game is much like Greg Chappel, Zaheer abbas, mo azhar, damien martyn, stephen fleming type of guys who play 'high' and are more timing based players. But even with this, i feel he has done remarkably well and am confident a big innings is loading up soon.
Yes macha :) I agree, as these commentators put it, he's a touch player. Relying more on timing than power. On such wickets, he needs to gauge and change his game quickly.

Having said that, look at that horrible shot from Shreyas. I think he needs to be dropped. He might even get out to me or you bowling short balls. Just mentally unable to conquer his demons nor able to resist his urge to dominate the ball.

That high back lift has doomed him. He will still be susceptible to the short ball and now any late movement will trouble him too. Just comical watching Iyer bat

Why don't india fix that?
This guy harshit looks like he can bat. Mohsin from ipl. They look much better bowlers than thakur and can slog.
No idea about Mohsin's batting abilities, but he is definitely better bowler than Arshdeep Singh.
Don't know why India didn't pick him right away after the 2022 IPL.

I feel Yashasvi Jaiswal needs to be groomed for no 4 after this WC. Iyer is not Indian standard batsman, he can fit in Pakistan team

Kohli and Iyer threw their wickets away and, while it was a reasonable ball to get Gill, he too was restless at the crease.

This is tailor made for Rahul's approach. Rohit needs to curb his attacking instinct and play balls on merit.

Such a boring batting unit. Only surpassed by our useless batting.
This is not a pitch where you can bash bowlers. If not for dew, 250 is a legit winning score here. Our batsmen found out the wrong way here (kohli and shreyas blindly slogging). Even rotation of strike is not easy.

Having said that, I don't rate Shreyas as even a tailender.

Indian batting is rated finely 👍🏻
Where were you when they won 5 consecutive matches.
1 match don't make any difference
On any helpful pitches that aid bowlers they are useless. I watched all games. I still maintain the same notion. Your bowlers are top class.batzmen are very overrated and 3 of them are wildly mediocre.

Lol where we are crying .even we lost this game we don't bashed our team like other fans. It's good for us that we are testing big time ahead of semifinals.
Who are they "we"? You or Indian fans? Just 50 posts back, you wanted india to loose this. :mush

For me K L has been the revelation since Asia cup.
Dude keeps for 50 ov in testing conditions - has'nt committed too many mistakes - in fact has picked up some blinders
- when its his turn to bat, he's turned it on and dont think he failed too many times.
Gambhir was right when he said K L contribution is underestimated...

:ua that said dont wanna jinx it...

Could we see a 200 / 0 drubbing hahahahhahaha
Loser indian batsmen. If not Pakistan I would prefer India winning the cup as I support all Asian teams but India ha e only themselves to blame with poor selections.

On any helpful pitches that aid bowlers they are useless. I watched all games. I still maintain the same notion. Your bowlers are top class.batzmen are very overrated and 3 of them are wildly mediocre.
Only Iyer is mediocre. Except him all are world class

Iyer trying hard to overcome his issues against short balls.

Sometimes it's better to play with limitations rather than getting out trying.

For me K L has been the revelation since Asia cup.
Dude keeps for 50 ov in testing conditions - has'nt committed too many mistakes - in fact has picked up some blinders
- when its his turn to bat, he's turned it on and dont think he failed too many times.
Gambhir was right when he said K L contribution is underestimated...

:ua that said dont wanna jinx it...
Pressye means he will get out.

Who are they "we"? You or Indian fans? Just 50 posts back, you wanted india to loose this. :mush
Yes thats why i said results is don't matter for us .if we lose then we can correct our mistakes before knockout .
Before march i was hoping for England win so we can lose a game before semi .
Im indian fan if you don't know than you are not so good poster. :genius

We could witness a more conventional match today. Where boom boom baseball style hitting isn't the order of the day. Would make for great viewing.

As I say that, Rohit hammers one over the top. 😆

Kohli outside off and wrist spin. Serious weakness but have to get him early.

Gill nip backer and spin on turning pitches but again got to get him early.

Now for the mediocre
Iyer straight trash
Sky straight garbage
Rahul not trash outright but mental midget.

So 3 walking wickets.

Imagine if india had pant jaiswal and the other talent from ipl. Mumbai Indians guy. Would be way more dynamic and brutal.

Don't know about Wood on this wicket. The batsman will want the pace on surely.

Yes thats why i said results is don't matter for us .if we lose then we can correct our mistakes before knockout .
Before march i was hoping for England win so we can lose a game before semi .
Im indian fan if you don't know than you are not so good poster. :genius
Believe me never seen person like you who wanted his country to get loose. You need major changes.

Going down, easily.

Looked a bad decision on initial impressions.

Good game for India to look into the team's problems. We can afford a loss here. Drop Iyer and bring in Ishan. Left handed option might be good, he may not be a very good batsman but better than Iyer against seamers.

Crashed. No room for error here for Wood - the batsman are craving pace on.

ump gave it and was overturned as going down leg.
Imagine the ruckus is ump had not given and on eng review was less than half hitting stump....
ICC = BCCI on loop

Don’t forget Zimbabwe are also playing Namibia right now in a T20I.

Some good cricket on today.

Good game for India to look into the team's problems. We can afford a loss here. Drop Iyer and bring in Ishan. Left handed option might be good, he may not be a very good batsman but better than Iyer against seamers.
have a slightly outward suggestion.
Play Ishan and have him and KL keep for 25 ov each. That way you have KL fresh for batting and you also have Ishan in keeping form and in practice. Also the value he adds as LHB is immense

Back