ICC World Cup 2023: India (229/9) remain unbeaten as they win against England (129) by 100 runs

Believe me never seen person like you who wanted his country to get loose. You need major changes.
In Indian cricket, things don't change if not for a loss. It's common across subcontinent too. Iyer needs to be dropped. Although I want to see our team win from here, some fellow countrymen are not wrong when they want to lose 1 game so that bad players are weeded out before knockouts.

Also even many of friends have this thought that if we win all group matches then we'll lose in knockouts. So they want to lose that 1 group stage match to shake up things.

Enough of run feasts. Hope this will be a low scoring thriller. By low scoring, I don't mean to say low scoring matches of the 90's, but rather low scoring matches of now, maybe 250-260 odd.

Honestly. India just needs to play basic cricket - they haven't been destroyed here, they've shot themselves in the foot by trying to assert themselves on the game. Just take a step back and play cricket.
Rohit is key .if he can play upto 40 over we can post competitive score .

The great player vs spin needs to get past pace first. This loser coward will never do anything of note when we are under pressure. Ishan can and will. Plus it is criminal not to have a leftie in that lineup. Throw Shreyas back to TikTok or whatever is not banned in India

In Indian cricket, things don't change if not for a loss. It's common across subcontinent too. Iyer needs to be dropped. Although I want to see our team win from here, some fellow countrymen are not wrong when they want to lose 1 game so that bad players are weeded out before knockouts.

Also even many of friends have this thought that if we win all group matches then we'll lose in knockouts. So they want to lose that 1 group stage match to shake up things.
Exactly my thoughts 👍🏻👍🏻

England need to keep it tight for a few overs.
That's how they've got all the wickets so far

Wood isn't the one for England here. Pace is the nemesis.

The great player vs spin needs to get past pace first. This loser coward will never do anything of note when we are under pressure. Ishan can and will. Plus it is criminal not to have a leftie in that lineup. Throw Shreyas back to TikTok or whatever is not banned in India
The shot he played today to get out, an U15 would get an absolute earful from his coach if he played that.

The amount of time that Rohit has against pace is ridiculous. Even at this stage of his career

India is setting up the score first time in this WC. For their own good they need to make a good fight out of it, otherwise going forward in this WC teams will be morally high against them in chasing, just like SAF has established that they are not a chasing side. But Indian bowling is good also, anything above 250, they’ll make England struggling.

India is setting up the score first time in this WC. For their own good they need to make a good fight out of it, otherwise going forward in this WC teams will be morally high against them in chasing, just like SAF has established that they are not a chasing side. But Indian bowling is good also, anything above 250, they’ll make England struggling.
This is good for Indian team . chasing in knockout game is biggest mistake any team can makes. We are later stage of the world cup so pitch has become slow so batting first is way to go in Semifinals and final

My Papa fell asleep while watching our Batting😂😂
T20 format has raised our batting expectations so much that, even 2-3 overs of tuk tuk batting will make us bored.

20 overs and just 73 runs for the loss of 3 wickets. No so indian stuff here

Somebody like Tilak Varma should have got groomed ahead of Shreyas Iyer. He would have brought left-handedness & bit of part-time bowling also into the equation... Plus he looks good for crisis situations! Iyer is an useless player who looks all good for money only when things are going well... India had enough time after IPL (where Tilak was found out) to fast-track into the national side... Still think Ishan Kishan would be better at top. Our ideal lineup should have been...

Rohit
Ishan
Gill
Kohli
Rahul
Tilak
Pandya
Jadeja/Shami
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Siraj

We would be having enough variety in terms of left-handedness and bowling options and batting depth... Also I don't know why they ignored Arshdeep (left-arm bowler) would have been more useful than Siraj (especially at death...)

Gill looks susceptible against new ball and Kohli (for whatever he has done in this tournament) has issues batting at No.3 at this age (which was found out in last 2-3 years and we have forgotten it already!)

This match is a good eye opener...

Somebody like Tilak Varma should have got groomed ahead of Shreyas Iyer. He would have brought left-handedness & bit of part-time bowling also into the equation... Plus he looks good for crisis situations! Iyer is an useless player who looks all good for money only when things are going well... India had enough time after IPL (where Tilak was found out) to fast-track into the national side... Still think Ishan Kishan would be better at top. Our ideal lineup should have been...

Rohit
Ishan
Gill
Kohli
Rahul
Tilak
Pandya
Jadeja/Shami
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Siraj

We would be having enough variety in terms of left-handedness and bowling options and batting depth... Also I don't know why they ignored Arshdeep (left-arm bowler) would have been more useful than Siraj (especially at death...)

Gill looks susceptible against new ball and Kohli (for whatever he has done in this tournament) has issues batting at No.3 at this age (which was found out in last 2-3 years and we have forgotten it already!)

Arshdeep is not a reliable death bowler. He leak runs for fun 👍🏻 Mohsin is better than him.
Good points about Tilak. He can be handy with his part timers.
You forget mention Yashaswi Jaiswal and Rinku Singh. Jaiswal should be permenant member in all three formats.

Rohit
Ishan
Gill
Kohli
Rahul
Tilak
Pandya
Jadeja/Shami
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Siraj

Not a bad XI, yes - i too feel Tilak with his LH factor wold have been good.
I also feel Washi Sundar would have been good addtion as well (i think he is injured) and could do the Rachin Ravindra role
Still feel Washi has the potential to be our test opener once Rohit retires, he has the defensive game to open.
for Arshdeep, he has limited pace and wold be cannon fodder on odi's on indian pitches. he wold be like Thakur - only useful in SENA conditions.

Rohit benefitting from application. Good knock.

England had done well to get 4 economical overs out of Wood. Pace is not the one - get him off.

Liam bowled a fantastic maiden over to start his quota but went for 2 boundaries in this over. 1 of them was a bit lucky though but he gave away 11 runs anyways.

Arshdeep is not a reliable death bowler. He leak runs for fun 👍🏻 Mohsin is better than him.
Good points about Tilak. He can be handy with his part timers.
You forget mention Yashaswi Jaiswal and Rinku Singh. Jaiswal should be permenant member in all three formats.
I only considered about fast-tracking to this world cup! Of course we cannot expect such dynamic thinking in our political driven system. If we are so dynamic, professional & non-political we would have achieved many more things as country! Whatever we achieve is purely based on talent...

Hence I thought at least few smart moves which was possible in the time frame...

Liam bowled a fantastic maiden over to start his quota but went for 2 boundaries in this over. 1 of them was a bit lucky though but he gave away 11 runs anyways.
Should have kept a slip on if he bowled a maiden. Slip would have gobbled KL

Very tough pitch so far. I have never seen Rohit struggling for timing this much , this late into the innings. May be gets better in the evening.

Good recovery from India but still they need to play tuk tuk for atleast 10 more overs.
Anything over 250 will be challengeable 👍🏻

Great batting by Rohit by the way🔥

Said it all match long. Just play cricket. The runs will come. Runs are flowing better. Good recovery.

Buttler an atrocious captain. Handed the momentum to India giving Liam over after over

IMO Rahul playing well… Rohit hitting shots, hez to give support… giving wicket on any silly shot at this stage will put extra burden on Indian batting

Liam livingstone is always smiling. i kind of like the guy...good spirted guy, can bowl...can hit them far
a real asset to any team

LOL...England is already playing for moral victory and consolations win now.
What a fall for the defending champions in this World Cup.
England can't win this match... It is not to be easy chasing against Indian bowlers on this pitch (anything more than 250). India may anyhow still end up scoring 300...

Back