ICC World Cup 2023: India (229/9) remain unbeaten as they win against England (129) by 100 runs

Englands batting is seriously pathetic. It’s just mind blowing how poor they’ve been. Even Afghanistan would have chased it down and Netherlands would have got close. I dare say even Pakistan could have chased that!

Indeed. 4.5 an over was highly doable on that pitch. There was a bit in it, but it was not a minefield. England being sat on 2 points with the worst NRR is a spectacular misfire and an enormous failure.

For England, they have the players. The problems at the moment are mainly mental — a total loss of confidence and belief — and also tactical.

England have no idea how to pace a 50 over innings any longer. The warning signs were there for over a year before the World Cup with them constantly failing to bat out 50 overs in different games, always finding a way to lose heaps of wickets and/or key batters at the worst possible times in the final 20 overs.

The coaching of this team for ODIs has been absolutely shocking.

Zaheer won us 2011 WC. Puts him above Shoaib and he is a left hander too.
That's my reasoning. I love shoaib and he is one of my idols apart from wasim but he never performed in WC as good as zaheer did. But he excelled in bilaterals when teams took it a bit more seriously. Average of 25 vs 29 30? Of zaheer.

That's the question mark.
Gut choice shoaib and I feel shoaib would be more respected due to his overall skill set and speed.

Zahher had the better career though.

Yesterday was 6th instance when we dismissed a team under 130 in ODIs this year.

If this is not dominance by Indian bowlers what else is?

Yesterday was 6th instance when we dismissed a team under 130 in ODIs this year.

If this is not dominance by Indian bowlers what else is?
Just need it in the sf and final - dont care about the remaining league games ! 👍

Badly out of form. A perfect storm of bad luck. Their batting is still the best in the world. But playing so bad right now that not even associates can replicate it.
I am surprised by Jos buttler's approach. He has completely failed

Back