ICC World Cup 2023: India (229/9) remain unbeaten as they win against England (129) by 100 runs

39% of his dismissals or lbw or bowled in internationals. Wasim Akram has 53% of his dismissals bowled or leg before across formats. Shami is always the closest to Pakistan bowler mentality (old pakistan bowlers) targets the stumps.

While this hasn't been a great World Cup so far, you cannot dispute that the Indian team is the most complete team and deserve their unbeaten status...if they mess up from here, it will be something else...

Pakistan shouldn't lose hope, they can hammer this English team. Should beat Bangladesh comfortably. If they beat NZ, decent chance of finishing 4th.
Pak will win against NZ. It may be Eng to put final nail in Pak's campaign.

"Hum to doobe sanam tumhe bhi le kar doobenge".

Best way to beat India. Bat hard and bat big. 300 to 330 and just get the early wickets. Easier said than done. But that is the way to go.

Scoring 330 against this Indian bowling order on these pitches is a pipe dream. Can only happen if they get an absolute road in the semi-final or final. With scoreboard pressure in a knock-out, they might falter.

I switched on to the football for a bit, what happened to Bumrah to go for 31 runs lol. Madness!

Flat deck or not - the Indian bowling attack is at another level to every other team, in this tournament.

So proud of our team!

Massive victory for India โ€ฆโ€ฆ by 100 runsโ€ฆ. Incredible performances by Rohit Sky, Shammi, Bumrah and kuldeep

England are still at #10 position with a worse NRR (-1.652).

Even qualifying for 2025 CT is under threat now.

Now that's how you do it. Win by 100 runs!! Bowlers came to the party once again. Rohit, Sky batted well and Rahul did his thing. There was Kuldeep magic and well.. Bumrah was Bumrah. Shami showing up Siraj. Great game for Indian fans.

Scoring 330 against this Indian bowling order on these pitches is a pipe dream. Can only happen if they get an absolute road in the semi-final or final. With scoreboard pressure in a knock-out, they might falter.
Yea that's true. Not wrong there. Need to super patta haha. Not sure if semis can conjure a pitch like that.

Any idea If it will be a patta or used pitch for semis?

Very thorough win. A strong bowling performance to make up for poor application with the bat. Sharma played a great knock along with Surya.

Yea that's true. Not wrong there. Need to super patta haha. Not sure if semis can conjure a pitch like that.

Any idea If it will be a patta or used pitch for semis?
Semis for non India game will be a patta. For Indian game, it will take spin. Also will be a bit sluggish.

lcimg-e31cf056-b94b-4a38-87b9-074891e5195b.jpeg

Semis for non India game will be a patta. For Indian game, it will take spin. Also will be a bit sluggish.
That's a bit unfair dont you think. Guess as hosts i suppose but I prefer to see a fair pitch. Something in it for everyone.

Surely shami MOM? Not bumrah. Although bumrah changed the game.

If shami does win the WC, where do you see him ranked? I already have him above Waqar.
Waqar was nobody in worldcup matches ,Bang average bowler even munaf Patel is legend compared to his stat in Worldcup๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Better because they donโ€™t bowl with balls that are tempered with bottle caps.

Wasim was better than everyone but Bumrah > Waqar and Shoaib and Shami
= Waqar and Shoaib.
I totally agree. I would say shami honestly >> Waqar and shoaib.

? Why would gautam hate hate kohli?
Dhoni kicked out useless gambhir out of the team and made kohli the next in line.

Hence gambhir will hate dhoni and kholi till his death.
He will praise yuvraj and rohit(assumed as rivals for glory to dhoni and kohli respectively )

It was also unfair when the only green pitch in WC 2019 was during India vs NZ semi finals. That's ok. To be a world champion on sub continent l, gotto be able to play spin on slow wickets.
That's a bit unfair dont you think. Guess as hosts i suppose but I prefer to see a fair pitch. Something in it for everyone

Waqar was nobody in worldcup matches ,Bang average bowler even munaf Patel is legend compared to his stat in Worldcup๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Can't just look at his wc stats. He was great in other comps apart from WC. Back then bilaterals were taken more seriously and many odi comps were being played.

I have a feeling South Africa may beat them in group stage.

South Africa tend to do well during group games.
On the contrary, I am seeing them (SA) getting beaten comfortably by us this time. The game is in Eden Gardens, where the pitch is pretty similar to today's game.

It was also unfair when the only green pitch in WC 2019 was during India vs NZ semi finals. That's ok. To be a world champion on sub continent l, gotto be able to play spin on slow wickets.
That maybe so for England. But we all know they are hacks outside flat wickets. Just because England does it, it doesn't mean another host should follow suit.
India don't need a spin pitch to win anyway.

India didn't lost that match because of pitch it was because more of rain and inexperienced middle order

I believe Indian bowlers bowl the most wicket-to-wicket balls out of all the teams. In terms of accuracy and skill, they are on another level.

Back