ICC World Cup 2023: India (357/8) thrash Sri Lanka (55) to win by a mammoth 302-run margin

Fair but Sachin is not batting perfection 😂😂.

Kohli imo is on par if not superior but I'd get flack for this obviously. And excused of different eras.

Kohli would do just fine in that era as well lol.
I respectfully disagree on Sachin not being batting perfection.
He had almost no issues in technique, had perfect balance, could play spin and pace equally and bat at a rapid pace when needed, but also very good defensive game.
For me, he is an ultimate batter.

Dismissal on this kinda shot is very frustrating. Specially if there was no need to play that shot.

Huge test for Shreyas Iyer...almost a do or die game for him

Just when Gill was coming of his own, he is gone. Hope he found some form today for the rest of the world cup.

Love watching an in form Gill, classy and eye pleasing.

He had almost no issues in technique, had perfect balance, could play spin and pace equally and bat at a rapid pace when needed, but also very good defensive game.
How is that any different from kohli? Or viv? Or Bradman?

Kohli only had issues with inswing, outswing and legspin like 10 years ago lol.

Viv was even more complete then Sachin. Viv was timing perfection, something Sachin wasn't. Literally the guy got dropped like 7x in the semi final in 2011.

Bradman could avg 55 against a ball tampering body line wata chucking Larwood, something no batsmen would even Average 10 against lol.

Shubman gill is gonna be a fantastic player for India in every format but he won't reach the level of Virat.

He doesn't have the charisma. He won't have the same popularity.

He doesn't seem like that guy.

Viv was even more complete then Sachin. Viv was timing perfection, something Sachin wasn't. Literally the guy got dropped like 7x in the semi final in 2011.

Bradman could avg 55 against a ball tampering body line wata chucking Larwood, something no batsmen would even Average 10 against lol.
Viv never faced great Windies fast bolwers

Shubman gill is gonna be a fantastic player for India in every format but he won't reach the level of Virat.

He doesn't have the charisma. He won't have the same popularity.

He doesn't seem like that guy.
Charisma and popularity will come automatically if he keeps performing consistently in all formats.
He has shown some early glimpses. However, he has some technical glitches in his technique that need to be worked on.

Kohli gone.

SL has a chance to try and pull it back.

I rate Sunny over as he faced the most fearsome West Indies (Marshall, roberts, garner, holding, craft) and Australian (Thomson, Lilee, Pasco)

It's very very very frustrating. Oh man why did he get out. That other would be very happy now that he got out before equalling his record. Damn it...

Kohli missed his 3rd century of the tournament 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
Start of Another century less streak???
🥹

He has so many matches to break. That is not important for India. He needed to stay till the end.
No he won't get opportunity like this again. That other was in attendance today. I would have loved to see look on that guy's face.LOL.

KL Rahul doesn't rotate strike as well as Gill or Kohli. That is going to bring down run rate a bit.

Yep. Kohli i
Yep. Kohli is the one with the flawed technique but made up for it with mental strength and physical conditioning .

Tendulkar had pristine technique and timing

Not really! Viv's gifts were his eye, lightning reflexes, and brute power. There has been no batsman till date with better reflexes than Viv. You can ask anyone who saw Viv play and they'll confirm the same. Just like there has been no batsman with better timing than Sachin.

Now this is the weakness that IND have, no power hitter in down order. Pandya is big miss for them

Madhushanakaaaaaa
Have to say had those catches been taken india would be 35 /3. So..... Indian batting is susceptible I guess to fast bowlers who can seam the ball.

Both Rahul and Iyer have top gear. But takes time. Then there is SKY. But after SKY nothing. Jaddu is useless.
Iyer has reverse gear only especially when he faces bouncer. Reverse gear back to his hometown.

Shreyas usually races away. But recent short ball failures have restricted his thought process.

Not really! Viv's gifts were his eye, lightning reflexes, and brute power. There has been no batsman till date with better reflexes than Viv. You can ask anyone who saw Viv play and they'll confirm the same. Just like there has been no batsman with better timing than Sachin.
Here's a few sentences from an article Imran Khan wrote when Viv retired -

He never had the defence of Gavaskar or the balance and poise of Barry Richards but the Almighty had gifted him with reflexes that no other had. These lightning reflexes enabled him to get into position so quickly that bowlers never quite knew what length to bowl to him. His other strength was that he combined timing with brute force.

Madhushanakaaaaaa
Have to say had those catches been taken india would be 35 /3. So..... Indian batting is susceptible I guess to fast bowlers who can seam the ball.
Even if India 35/3… KL and Iyer may be on the brinks of their centuries… Indian batting is not dependable on certain players

Emerging team of the tournament

Abudallah Shafique
Pathum Nissanka
Rachin Ravindra
Sadeera Samarawickrama
Saud Shakeel
Azmat Omarzai
Marco Jansen
Gerald Coetzee
Aryan Dutt
Dilshan Madushanka
Noor Ahmad
12thman - Ibrahim Zadran

Kl has every gear there is.
But no super gear like maxwell, klassen, head, Phillips. What if your bowlers concede 45 ball hundred in semi's or final, does IND have power hitter who can replicate that? I doubt it.
Pandya is the guy who can do that

Iyer isn't too bad vs short ball. He can play shots but his problem seems shot selection. He just needs to stop trying to prove he can play the short ball.

But no super gear like maxwell, klassen, head, Phillips. What if your bowlers concede 45 ball hundred in semi's or final, does IND have power hitter who can replicate that? I doubt it.

He scored 50 runs in 2.1 overs in the IPL against Boult and Shami. Also made a 50 ball 100 in T20 while chasing in England.

That is not gear, that is blind slogging. Thanks, but I hate everything about it.

Good start from Iyer 🔥🔥
Seems like he realized that this is his last chance to prove his worth.

There has to be a shoutout to Dilshan Madushanka who is having a breakout tournament and now has all three wickets today.

Big, big, hit. Iyer tucking in.

Rajitha undoing Madushanka's work.

Back