ICC World Cup 2023: India (357/8) thrash Sri Lanka (55) to win by a mammoth 302-run margin

Siraj is a ßpecial bowler like I said but he was poor until this game in this tourney.

Quality bowling.

If he can maintain the same level vs SA then yes he should be ready for KOs.

Lol, Asia cup repeat. What was the point of batting first. Bowl first, end this drama and go home early 😂😂.

Very clever by Sri Lanka they no they not going to chase it why waste everyone's time 👍

Having seen what's been happening under lights (having experienced it too against the South Africans) why would you want to chase? What a silly sausage. I don't think anyone will choose to chase going forward in this world cup

SRL management needs a tight tight slap, that too with opposite side of palm, for ….. putting India in here.

Sundar played handy cameo in that Gaba test but that guy hardly get applauded for that ,Jadeja isn't good odi player and will never be fraudeja actually. I can't recall there's one more Iyyer guy well built and tall he's good six hitter and recently improved his bowling but I am pretty sure t Pandya won't let him come in team cause he's Pandya's Replacement.
Lots or selection issues for India it seems. Ridiculous to leave our such talented gems for these useless has beens or hacks.

Why weaker teams wants to bat second you can clearly see ball do alot more under lights it skids too.

Having seen what's been happening under lights (having experienced it too against the South Africans) why would you want to chase? What a silly sausage. I don't think anyone will choose to chase going forward in this world cup
So how to counter this? Do you just play off first 10 overs and see off the swing? And then smash later on as dew settles?

Feel sorry for Indians

Get to see your team perform like a Champion team in group matches and then always choke in knockouts

Superb strike bowling. One for cricket fans irrespective of your loyalties.

Feel for the Lankan brothers. I wanna see them dig in and fight. Show some pride and skill - but 4 down, the skill is already out.

Try not wafting your bat at a nothing ball and getting caught behind with 3 slips in place

Indian bowlers almost won the game Just from 3.1 over.
I have a question for you when pandya comes back he will surely replace SKY. But will they drop shami or siraj to accomodate thakur ? Until today siraj had an average wc where as shami is on fire

No more night games as it makes it unfair. If the team bats second under lights then it just becomes tremendously hard for teams to see off swing.

ICC must investigate this . Seems like there has been a conspiracy by BCCI to supply different balls to the Indian bowlers
They have even created a new type of ball, the Siraj Ball, that gives wickets only to Md.Siraj.

Bumrah is such a special bowler 😍
Pleasure to watch

Never saw Wasim is his full flow, but glad to witness Bumrah at his best..

No more night games as it makes it unfair. If the team bats second under lights then it just becomes tremendously hard for teams to see off swing.
Lop you can't change the schedule plus toss winning teams are making idiotic decisions to bowl first

Definition of 💩-storm from SL.

Ridiculous decision to bowl, but when you do, to drop Kohli and Gill is just criminal.

And now...

7-4 🤣

I think BCCI is responsible for reverse Global warming too and throw in the swing that our guys get from the reversing of the tidal waves...:)

So how to counter this? Do you just play off first 10 overs and see off the swing? And then smash later on as dew settles?
Bat first and back your skills. Sri Lanka haven't even been playing aggressive shots. They are going at 1.5 an over (lol), yet they are 4 wickets down. So how do you see the new ball off without serious damage? Send in 9 and 10 and hope for the best? I haven't a clue to be honest

Yeah exactly
Have been hearing the same thing for 10 years but the point is, the team is full of chokers who always fail in knockouts like Kohli
2015 we were not favourites and 2019 too as India was never favourites in English conditions.
Only where India might have lost genuinely or choked was T20 WC 2022 and over confidence lost 2021

I have a question for you when pandya comes back he will surely replace SKY. But will they drop shami or siraj to accomodate thakur ? Until today siraj had an average wc where as shami is on fire
Good question. I would want Hardik in the team. You need 6 bowlers as very easily someone can have a bad day. His batting is and striking power is awesome and he is a brilliant fieldsman as well. I guess one between the Mo's Shami or siraj will have to sit out.

At the Eden Gardens it will swing and seam even more. Let us see if it is NZ or Pakistan assuming India beats SA

Russell Arnold says survive for 20 overs lol You can do when you chase 260. But not when you chase 358

2015 we were not favourites and 2019 too as India was never favourites in English conditions.
Only where India might have lost genuinely or choked was T20 WC 2022 and over confidence lost 2021
Waise, why the hell were you guys overconfident in 2021?? LOL

had not won anything for 8 years before that phir bhi overconfident woww

Good question. I would want Hardik in the team. You need 6 bowlers as very easily someone can have a bad day. His batting is and striking power is awesome and he is a brilliant fieldsman as well. I guess one between the Mo's Shami or siraj will have to sit out.
I would not drop Shami or Siraj for Thakur, the incremental 20 runs he might bring at best is not worth the additional wickets that Shami or Siraj can bring in.

SRL management needs a tight tight slap, that too with opposite side of palm, for ….. putting India in here.
Bro, probably the mental scars from Asia Cup final, like the story of the cat and hot milk.

This tournament is like the opposite of 2021 T20 wc, lose toss and win match here.

No team should opt to chase. I don't know how you survive this test class bowling under lights. Just bat first and put a good score. Surprisingly 80% of test won by team ended up losing the match in this WC.

2019 bunrah everyone were at their peak. They could have easily won. They were unlucky vs nz.

They were ranked 2 iirc.

Waise, why the hell were you guys overconfident in 2021?? LOL

had not won anything for 8 years before that phir bhi overconfident woww
Waise, have you looked up a record whilst touring a particular southern hemispere country?
0-12 - in tests....voh bhi consecutive...stuff of legends? Thanks...but i'd take our guys any time....Cheers

I don't remember Sri Lanka winning a match against India in India in the last 20-25 years, in any format.

When have we not qualified?
We have qualified for 6 semis in 8 t20 WCs..we are the most successful team in t20 format

Even in this ODI WC, we would beat New Zealand and England by good margin and qualify
Ok as you brought out last 10 years of Indian choking. Pls let us know how many semis Pak played in last 10 years or last WCs

When have we not qualified?
We have qualified for 6 semis in 8 t20 WCs..we are the most successful team in t20 format

Even in this ODI WC, we would beat New Zealand and England by good margin and qualify
In t20 It is easy to fluke your way to final. Australia despite losing 5 t20 series won the world T20 just by winning tosses. That format was created to bring minnows to the level of top sides. In one dayers they are exposed more.

I would not drop Shami or Siraj for Thakur, the incremental 20 runs he might bring at best is not worth the additional wickets that Shami or Siraj can bring in.
Agreed. But he asked about Hardik in place of either of the Mo's...
Thakur i feel is only useful in SENA conditions where it swings a bit. But i must admit - in tests - The 'Lord' has punched way above his weight.

dude now wants to stop night games just because he can't see India performing :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

surprised no questions asked whenever their team bowling in lights and took wickets, at that time that was mighty attack, heights of hypocrisy.

Back