ICC World Cup 2023: India (357/8) thrash Sri Lanka (55) to win by a mammoth 302-run margin

Fair enough why are we seeing a trend though? Is it just lack of ability in the case of south africa? Even they struggled badly twice. Lot of teams are having issues. I want to see fair conditions for both teams. Doesn't matter who it is.
Conditions are fair, teams are not good enough

That is applicable only for batting. For bowling there is no "peaking".
Long tournament it’ll take a counter attack from a marsh warner to knock Indian bowlers line length of not every team is Pak/ SL

It would be ironic if our WC ends in the same vein in the semi's. Lose the toss, opposition piles on 300+ at first dig only to have us 6 down by the quarter stage. I could see it happening actually. Scary 😨😬😬
That would be dreamy 😍

Conditions are fair, teams are not good enough
Will have to see. If india chased 300 vs SA for example then yea there is no doubt about it. It'd a shame we csnt see both teams play in similar conditins though.

This is ridiculous by the Lankans, granted even that they are playing against a much better team.
Even the Saraswati Vidya Mandir XI will put up a better fight.

6 down, but that's okay, dew is the biggest concern 🤦🏻‍♂️
This dew talk is non-sense. By the time dew come and if you are 3-4 down then dew is a non-factor. Having said this, I don't think all bowling units will move ball same ways with consistency. SA did other day and India has been doing it consistently. But I think right call is to bat first if you are playing a good bowling side.

I said if we have Shaheen, Naseem, Ihsanullah we would atleast win one test. Never said demolish
as we Pakistan fans respect Australia that has won 9 ICC titles ( DOUBLE THEN THAT OF INDIA) with a population 60 times less than India's.
hahaha...due to the respect only they are continuously losing against Australia otherwise they would have smashed them every single time.

got it or not @Abraham786 :ROFLMAO:

Anyone saying INdian pitches are only pattas would have got the answer. There is enough assistance. It is upto bowlers to extract
Only when we score runs on them, they are pattas.

When we bowl on them, they are minefields.

This odi and test attack of india is better than Pakistan's 94-99 attack. Just brutal. Not just Lanka. They decimated other teams too.

Will have to see. If india chased 300 vs SA for example then yea there is no doubt about it. It'd a shame we csnt see both teams play in similar conditins though.
Lol, another filter just to undermine us. Lage raho

This dew talk is non-sense. By the time dew come and if you are 3-4 down then dew is a non-factor. Having said this, I don't think all bowling units will move ball same ways with consistency. SA did other day and India has been doing it consistently. But I think right call is to bat first if you are playing a good bowling side.
Combination of both. INdia prefers chasing. May be they wanted to do the opposite.

Cmon Lanka atleast show some fight. Should Lanka just forfeit matches vs india next time lol. Cross 50 man. Fgs

Bhaijaan...since you mentioned population....
Why is your team not the runner up in every ICC tournament?
The bronze medal winners in every Asian games?
The Silver medal winners in every commonwealth games?
The 7th best team onthe medals tally in every olympics?
Waisey - in Shooting events you guys should be acing every medal, championship, tournament there is out there...should'nt you?
Chill bro...just a game - njoi...:)
1.4 billion people and only ONE gold in last Olympics
1.4 billion people and ZERO Icc tournament wins in 10 years

Least talented sporting country in the world

India have one hell of a team right now.

This Indian XI would smoke the all time Pakistan XI and it wouldn’t even be a close contest.
Yep most likely.
Although we have wasim and imran khan who are aomgst the best of all time. They will 100% trouble all indian batsmen.

:ROFLMAO:
I said if we have Shaheen, Naseem, Ihsanullah we would atleast win one test. Never said demolish
as we Pakistan fans respect Australia that has won 9 ICC titles ( DOUBLE THEN THAT OF INDIA) with a population 60 times less than India's.
Typical Pak mentality, salivating over Gora people and hyping them to no end. Yes Australia played good cricket, but it was Desi inferiority complex that enabled them to dominate us.

The lowest ODI World Cup total is 36 - Canada vs SL, 2003

The lowest ODI total is 35 - Zimbabwe vs SL, 2004

Sri Lanka are 21-6 now vs India!

Underlight ball doing too much even yesterday match proves that. From now on no team will be dumb enough to bat under lights

1.4 billion people and only ONE gold in last Olympics
1.4 billion people and ZERO Icc tournament wins in 10 years

Least talented sporting country in the world
Correction 1.5 billion. Number rounds upto 1.5 now. Population increased 🫡

I am hyped for Australian test series just saying

Test is a format Pakistan isn't too bad in. Their okay.

Odi is a joke 😂

I’m a firm believer of the old school rule - when the skill gap between two teams are too wide, only way to compete is to bat first, get something on the board & then expect for 10 magic balls!!!

History of cricket will tell that most upsets happened that way - in fact, IICRC there are 4 games in Test & ODI where a major upset was caused by underdogs batting second
2 in 2007 WC; one in 2011 (IRL - ENG) and BD beating Kiwis in a Test at Christchurch.

I was flabbergasted when Shakib decided to put explosive but fragile Poms into bat; then today with Srilanka. And, in This WC, so far four intelligent teams have inserted SAF into bat first!!!!! The Dutch did twice at Hyderabad in their first two games as well, but probably they didn’t have a clue yet.

Lol, so upsets have never happened before in WCs
They struggled again vs pakistan and should have really lost.
Even nz. Same issue. Vs south africa.

India too struggled initially vs Aussies before then scraped through past aus.

Is it the conditions
is it under lights
combo of both above
or our guys are that really good - (naah...i dont think this is the only answer...)
and the opposition - SL is pathetic? but they also got 50 AO in SL in home conditions

intresting to see your answers

With all your talents in shooting.....Zilch medals....lol
See now this is going Below the belt

I can talk about the no. Of rapes in India, the unemployment rate, not having toilets, the gore inferiority complex but am I?

Should have lost. Lol, it's hard not to laugh at this

Anyone saying INdian pitches are only pattas would have got the answer. There is enough assistance. It is upto bowlers to extract
Bro, don't mind it but i'm having problems with you as well since you are taking their comments on serious notes knowing the fact that they are propaganda machine and will keep on doing this. I've seen enough of matches happened in pakistan and can say never seen that much phatta wickets ever. Only Delhi and Indore are 2 serious contenders of a legitimate phatta wicket in india.

Hope you've seen tweets of Farid Khan who is willing to get abused just to earn some pennies in terms of revenue from X so better refrain from their phatta comments.

"Jinke khud ke ghar sheeshe ke hote hai, wo Dusro ke gharo par patthar nahi feka karte" :ROFLMAO: :D

Underlight ball doing too much even yesterday match proves that. From now on no team will be dumb enough to bat under lights
India bowled first against SL in Asia cup finala nd bowled them out for 51 runs Here is another example when India bowled first. South Afriac 9/5 against India's second string bowlers

If there was a competition on reproduction, India actually might win something 😂
I mean yh, their failures compared to China of you look at their population and no of success stories per person.

China is way more productive and succesful by that account.

But it doesn't mean India is a failure lol. Their country is so rich, they have their own masterchefs, Shark tanks, Silicon valleys and their current team is clearly the strongest. They always dominate competitons, just choke in sf and finals.

Their not failures by any means. It'd just compared to America, Europe, China and developed countries, their more failures and useless Indians then their are in other countries. But that's because of high poverty rate.

Unlike USA, Europe, Australia and other developed countries, UK in the 1900's to 1948 kinda bankrupted the entire nation when they left in both resources and finance.

So they managed to rebuild way more effectively then pakistan since pakistan was going into a land with untapped resources but India had to rebuild from scratch cause europe messed them up.

If you factor all that in, it's recovery process is hella impressive.

Very stupid to bowl first in the heat and also when you know the ball does more tricks under lights.

Bro, probably the mental scars from Asia Cup final, like the story of the cat and hot milk.
They had only chance, be a tiny one was to bat first, use the beautiful batting conditions, put something on board without pressure and then try to catch up the tiered & heat soaked Indians off guard on a bad day.

What they were expecting- their pacers will make it 34/4 by PP then Thiksana to clean up the spoils!!!!

Lol, should have lost. Any other excuse?
The point is it is HARD to play under lights due to the conditions not necessarily due to the bowlers ability. Both teams don't play under the same conditions so it isn't really fair. This goes for India too if they bat second.

We are crap in tests. Lol . Especially australia. Probably a wash out again.
Naw we aren't. It's our brainless management that decided to play England on a flat pitch lol.

Imam and Babar suck in test though 😂.

Another one added to the poultry farm

Sri Lankans are officially India's bitches.

India has once in a generation bowling line-up, once these guys retire.... they're screwed!

The point is it is HARD to play under lights due to the conditions not necessarily due to the bowlers ability. Both teams don't play under the same conditions so it isn't really fair. This goes for India too if they bat second.
Lol, facts don't support you though

Naw we aren't. It's our brainless management that decided to play England on a flat pitch lol.

Imam and Babar suck in test though 😂.
I dont see us winning in Australia man we can't handle bounce. Our fast bowlers can't bowl with intensity for 20 overs each.

Back