ICC World Cup 2023: India v Pakistan | Match 12 | Ahmedabad | 14 October | Pre-Match Discussion

Which team will win the highly anticipated match between Pakistan and India?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think Shubman Gill is gonna play in the game? (Rohit says 99%). Do Pakistan's chances decrease dramatically if he is playing or actually increase if he is playing given that he is still recovering from Dengue?
Based on his health report he will not play. He should not play. They might just try to throw you off as well with that 99% comment.

You guys think Shubman Gill is gonna play in the game? (Rohit says 99%). Do Pakistan's chances decrease dramatically if he is playing or actually increase if he is playing given that he is still recovering from Dengue?
What makes you think he’s gonna play? Are we just gonna assume a player walks into a XI before the match day even starts?

What makes you think he’s gonna play? Are we just gonna assume a player walks into a XI before the match day even starts?
I don't know what will happen and hence I was asking an open question. You are right, him being fit does not guarantee anything but again if he is fully fit he is definitely a better option than Ishan Kishan for India. I was just checking for others' opinions regarding Shubman Gill in the game (or not) for this game.

I don't know what will happen and hence I was asking an open question. You are right, him being fit does not guarantee anything but again if he is fully fit he is definitely a better option than Ishan Kishan for India. I was just checking for others' opinions regarding Shubman Gill in the game (or not) for this game.

One of the reason Bumrah looks not to be in trouble is because he was given adequate rest. They avoided the earlier mistakes they made with other palyers. Rushing in players out of depseration because of the importance of the game is the dumbest thing to do. It hurts you in the long run. Be it is injury or sickness. Full recovery is warranted.

Gill with dengue is better than The leftie without. The way he smashed Shaheen in Asia cup has impacted Shaheen. He hasn't been the same bowler after that.

Both sides have extremely good bowling attacks

Would be thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

Is going to be a spectacular. Hope for the best.

Back the boys. It's time to break the streak.

Gill with dengue is better than The leftie without. The way he smashed Shaheen in Asia cup has impacted Shaheen. He hasn't been the same bowler after that.
Gill hit him in one game, don't forget Gill was also dropped in that game. The previous game he got destroyed by shaheen and naseem.

He is good but let's not overrate him too much.

Shaheen hasn't been the same since his pasting? Maybe mentally hurt but that doesn't explain why his pace dropped? He is clearly carrying an injury and as usual we had no contingency plan to prepare for a back up.

Pakistan should go out attack and try to hit Bumrah out of attack.

This should be a pressure free game.

We win, we are in semis.

We lose, we still can make semis.

Lets not tuk tuk the biggest game ever.
ha hah ha hah

Pakistan has not the batsmen that can hit Jaspreet out of the attack. It has not had a batsman of that caliber in all of its existence.

At least there’s no videos of Pak players trying to get behind kohlis rear end for selfies this time.

Hope theyr concentrating on how to dismantle his stumps tomorrow

I for one would like to see Pak players sledging and be verbally aggressive against Ind players. too much of the buddy buddy vibe going on. A big part of India's transformation under Ganguly was being aggressive and believing they could beat Pak, SL and Aus who were the better teams at the time. The current Ind players too are way too matey matey with Pak players during the game. Need that edge that spice and win at all cost mentality , not be a sporting loser. No wonder the Aussie team from 99 to 2011 was so great .. For sure you have to have the ability to back up your aggressive attitude or else you become a joker like Andre Nel of SA if you guys remember !!

If both or anyone of Shadab or Nawaz plays today, their career will depend on todays performance.

Shadab and Nawaz both had poor performances last time against India and fans were furious to the point that they wanted them out of the World Cup squad. But Babar protected them. Now if Usama Mir plays in place anyone of the player, that player's career will be protected for the time being, but if anyone of these two or both play and get smacked for runs again, that would be the end of their career.

Babar's captaincy will also depend here. Especially if lack of performance of Pakistan comes from either of these two spinners. Fans really want Usama Mir to play because no one expects Shadab or Nawaz to do anything here.

Ideally, I would drop Nawaz for Usama Mir.

Anyways, if both play or anyone of them plays, I hope they can give a good performance and save their career. Today is the day, their careers will be on stake.

Drop Imam, get either Babar or Nawaz to open. Select Usama Mir

Whoever chases will be in pole position.

Pitch is going to be an absolute road with dew coming down in evening which will take spinners out of equation.

Pak need to play Wasim Jr for Nawaz.

India need to bite bullet and play all 3 of Shami, Siraj and Bumrah whether at expense of Kuldeep or Shardul.

330 will be an average score. Will need 350-370 batting first to really put pressure on chasing side.

If India bat first I think 280 + will be a winning score. I think you are around 100 runs overestimating. This is world cup cricket.

Ramiz raja in his YouTube channel updated conversation with Babar , "Team management was willing to play Usama mir , the leg spinner in ind vs pak game but he is unwell ". I think, he may replace nawaz in upcoming games.

Regardless of whichever team wins, it is going to be a thriller. Let us enjoy the game!
I expect Pakistan to edge and win.

That is going to be a major call one way or the other. Thakur can swing at 135 kph. But he is a loose cannon. He is a very expensive bowler.
Ashwin is intelligent bowler , if I have to drop him , I would drop Jadeja , but as a captain on subcontinent pitches , I will never drop Ashwin.

Keep hearing that it’s an absolute belter of a pitch. If we bat first, we might need 350.

Ashwin is intelligent bowler , if I have to drop him , I would drop Jadeja , but as a captain on subcontinent pitches , I will never drop Ashwin.
India won't drop Pandya or Jadeja. They re considered proper batsmen and equally important. They are both terrific fielders too which adds another dimension. Their bowling depends on conditions but they can manage. It's the Ashwin/Shardul spot that is tricky. Can India let go of this fetish for another avg batting all round spot for a good bowler like Shami? Not sure

It will be hilarious if Imam plays ahead of Fakhar today.
My gut says they will bring Fakhar. Imam has flopped too and Fakhar seems to have that spring when it comes to India

India won't drop Pandya or Jadeja. They re considered proper batsmen and equally important. They are both terrific fielders too which adds another dimension. Their bowling depends on conditions but they can manage. It's the Ashwin/Shardul spot that is tricky. Can India let go of this fetish for another avg batting all round spot for a good bowler like Shami? Not sure
I never said India will , I said If I am the captain this is what I do.

I will go with my best bowlers , because India top 5 batters are solid , I would take a chance in these kind of matches , in knockout I would think about batting depth , not here.

Just go with 5 best bowlers against a Team like Pakistan. Pakistan batting would be under more pressure.
I can bet if you ask any Pakistan batsman , they would be happy to face jadeja rather than Ashwin.

My gut says they will bring Fakhar. Imam has flopped too and Fakhar seems to have that spring when it comes to India
Fakhar, while out of touch currently, can at least cause damage to the opposition on his day. Iman does none of that.

If not for anything else Fakhar will catch anything that comes to him and do a stellar job in patrolling the mid wicket / point boundary.

Imam dropped two catches in the SL game. One batsman went onto score a 50 and the other scored a ton. Both were in their 20s when dropped.

Opening ceremony?

The World Cup has been going on for more than a week now and most teams have played two games already. An opening ceremony this late in the tournament is quite disrespectful to the other teams and make it look as if the India-Pakistan clash is the only match that counts.

The BCCI is such a terrible host. Inexcusable.
BCCI are a shameless bunch.

On one hand they don’t want to play any series with Pakistan. Then proceeds to give them royal welcome and makes the match against them the virtual opening ceremony.

Jay Shah is clueless and so are the other stooges in BCCI.

While I like Gills inclusion, I do want Kishan to play. This means Iyer needs to sit out. He has not been in good form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back