ICC World Cup 2023: India v Pakistan | Match 12 | Ahmedabad | 14 October | Pre-Match Discussion

Which team will win the highly anticipated match between Pakistan and India?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on ease with which SA and NZ have defeated their opponents they seem to be the 2 teams surely to get to semis. All others will compete for 2 remaining spots. So basically between India, England Pakistan and lets not rule out Aus yet

13 October - Ahmedabad - India Captain Rohit Sharma pre-match press conference

[Reporter:]

This is like the biggest rivalry in sports, India versus Pakistan. You're playing in Narendra Modi Stadium and you're playing to a predominantly Indian cricket fan base. At what point does home advantage actually become a disadvantage?

[Rohit Sharma:]

I don't think there is any disadvantage. You feel nice about playing in front of your home crowd. They get behind you no matter what the situation of the game is. My overall experience playing, not just in India, even outside India, we get massive support. So, I have so far never experienced where the crowd has gone against us or anything like that. So, I look at this as a good advantage, big advantage. But we know that eventually it boils down to playing good cricket. And whatever it takes to win the game, you've got to do that. So yes, you can use the support, but eventually, you've got to play good cricket to win the game.

Over 100,000 cheering must be the biggest number for a team. How will it be? Is it a kind of a big boost? And what have you told the boys how to go about it?

No, look, all the guys are quite used to playing in front of big crowds. So, like I just said, now it can only work in your favour. It cannot work against you. A lot of the guys in the team love a big crowd, the cheer, the noise in the ground. So yeah, the boys really enjoy it. Like I said, anywhere we go, people turn out in huge numbers. And that is good for the team and also good for the sport in general as well.

Rohit, more than the crowd, I think it will be all the other things that also matter for an India-Pakistan game. You had earlier spoken about just shutting out the noise. How do you do it? You've shut down your phones, you've not taken to Twitter?

I'm not on social media for past nine months now. So, everyone has their own way of dealing with it. Some people like it, some don't. But that's not my place to tell anyone how to do it. They have to work out their own way of dealing with these things. Like I said many times before, in the context of it, yes, it's a massive game. But for us, what is important is, we are playing an opposition tomorrow, which will be quality. So, we’ve just got to come against a quality opposition and play good cricket, which we've done in the last two games. And hopefully we can again show some consistency in our performance and play a good game of cricket.

Shubman had a hit at the nets yesterday, so how is he health wise and is he available for selection tomorrow?

99% he is available. We'll see tomorrow.

You have been a very prominent member of the team in the last World Cup as well. How much has it changed in the last four years in terms of mental conditioning, technical preparation, and the World Cup? How much has it changed from 2019 to 2023?

Not a lot to be honest. I know what are the things that I need to do to find success on the field in terms of me as a player and then me as a captain. But speaking of just the player first, the batter, I think there are certain boxes for me that I have to tick before every game, just to get you that confidence. For me, preparation is very important. And I've spoken at the start of the World Cup that I need to prepare well to get into the tournament. And I thought I've done everything that I can from my side to prepare well for each game. Because we know every day is a new day, fresh day. And you start your fresh day as a new challenge. What you've done in the past, what you've done yesterday, doesn't really matter too much. You can take a bit of confidence from that, but like we know in sport, every day is a fresh day. You play different opposition. They bring you new challenges. And you just got to be ready to face that challenge and confront that challenge. So, I think for me as a batter, that is something that I've really focused on, getting myself ready in however way I can, and whatever it takes for me to get ready for any game. I have to do that. And I've done that really well mentally, understanding my game, which is very important. And I understood my game, what is my game, and what is the team's requirement from my game and from my ability. So, I think I try and do all of that to the best of my ability. If it comes out, it comes out. If it doesn't, it's OK. As long as I know that before entering the game, I have ticked all the boxes, I'm happy with that.

Is a toss going to be important because of the dew now?

Honestly, I don't know how much of a factor it is going to be, because in Delhi, we were expecting dew to come in. It didn't come. Chennai also, it was after probably 30 overs. So, you are done with 75% of the game by then. So, I don't think toss is going to play a massive factor. It is what the team is comfortable doing, whether it is chasing, posting a total, whatever that is. You know, whatever the team is comfortable doing, we try and do that.

With the success that you had in Chennai with three spinners, are you going to do the same tomorrow?

I don't know, honestly. I don't know. I still haven't looked at the pitch yet, but we are ready for whatever combination we want to play. That's the challenge going forward for us as a team, depending on what kind of conditions we play in. If there is a change or two, we need to make, we will be ready with that. And the guys have been informed very well in advance about these kind of changes. So, I don't think it's going to be any issues with the players. But if the requirement is there for us to play three spinners, we will play three spinners.

What do you think is the advantage of playing in the match? Or is it a psychological advantage?

No, I don't think it's a psychological advantage. Because you have to play good cricket every day. So, it's important for us as a team that we, as I said, should not pay too much attention to what is already over. And, we should also pay attention to the fresh day, the fresh opposition. So, both the teams will start evenly. I don't think there is a favourite or an underdog. Both the teams are equal before they go into the game. Just about handling the pressure, dictating terms on your own way. All these things matter. So, I think for us it is more important how we are going into the game – now whether that is bowling first or batting - And then carrying that forward, getting that momentum forward is something that is crucial.

I have said this many times, that for us, tomorrow's match is a match against the opposition. We will see that match the same way we have seen the last two matches and the upcoming matches. There is no need to think more or less. We will prepare the way we prepare for every game. And the message will be the same for all the boys. There is no need to do anything else.

India has a 100% record against Pakistan in the World Cup. So, does that become something like a mill around the neck, an issue of pressure? Or does it become work in the normal way?

I'm not a person who looks into all those kind of stats. You want to play good cricket on that particular day to win the game. And that is what we will be focusing on, playing good cricket, and how we can play good cricket, which is understanding the conditions, what is required from the team's perspective and things like that.

Do you believe in rhythm? Our main batsmen have come into rhythm. Bowlers who you have tried have also come into rhythm. So, it's not about looking back, but do you believe in rhythm?

Yes, yes, of course. Rhythm is very important. If you look at it in other terms, it is called momentum. We have played 7 or 8 matches in India and before that in Sri Lanka and here too we played 2 matches of the World Cup. The bowlers have shown very good performances. Whether it is spinners or seamers, whenever they have got a chance to put pressure on the batsmen, they have done so. There were a few matches where we were put under pressure. Like Australia made 350 runs in Rajkot, we were put under pressure.

So, there are matches where you learn a lot of things. Our bowlers also learnt a lot from that game, what we did well and what we did not do well. Which we scored 350 runs. We talk about those things. How to improve in that.

And in batting, I will say that all the batsmen have scored runs. In the last 8 or 9 games we played. From the top to the 8th, all the batsmen have made runs. All in all, I think it's all about the rhythm. All the players are in a good rhythm. And it is always nice to go into any World Cup game with that kind of rhythm and that confidence.

So, I think, the momentum and rhythm that we are talking about, I think all the boys have it.

You have choice of both kind of wickets at this ground, black and red soil wickets. As a captain, as a team, what kind of wicket you prefer, black soil or a red soil, if given a choice, what would you prefer to play on?

See, that's the good thing about this team right now. It doesn't matter what wicket we play. We come here knowing that this is the wicket. I don't decide what wicket we need to play. Whether it's black, we've got guys who can adapt to those kind of conditions, red soil - of course, we've got again, you know, guys who can adapt to those kind of pitches because these are all Indian cricketers and they've played in all of these conditions.

So, I don't think, you know, as captain, what I prefer, I prefer playing in any kind of conditions because it is something that we have done really well over the last few years as a team and we've got the guys who can adapt to different kind of conditions as well. So that is something which gives us confidence as well going into any sort of conditions. So, whether it is a spinning pitch, seaming track, flat pitch, we've got the guys who can do the job for us.

I've just read there's an opening ceremony tomorrow with musical performances etc..
So what time will the broadcast start?

Opening ceremony?

The World Cup has been going on for more than a week now and most teams have played two games already. An opening ceremony this late in the tournament is quite disrespectful to the other teams and make it look as if the India-Pakistan clash is the only match that counts.

The BCCI is such a terrible host. Inexcusable.

50:50 India pak toss isn't going to impact outcome that much because chasing team will be in immensely pressure .

What is so special about this Agha guy that people keep mentioning him? He utterly failed in Sri Lanka during the Asia Cup with both bat and ball. he should stay away from the team. In fact, if it was up to me, I would drop Shabab and play Fakhar in his spot to add a little more oomph to the lower order, but seeing how pathetic the bowling department is, I would trade Shabab for Usama Mir.
Agha is a good player but he's excess to the team's current requirements. Our batting is pretty much set in stone and Ifti Chacha is performing with bat and ball so we don't need another like-like player.

An extra pacer bowler would have been far more useful. We need to ensure Shaheen and Haris stay healthy until the world cup final.

Pakistan should go out attack and try to hit Bumrah out of attack.

This should be a pressure free game.

We win, we are in semis.

We lose, we still can make semis.

Lets not tuk tuk the biggest game ever.
Agreed. No need to see this as a must-win game. Everyone expects India to cruise to the semis and for Pakistan to stumble along the way.

Once the KO matches arrive, that is when the actual pressure begins.

Pakistan should go out attack and try to hit Bumrah out of attack.

This should be a pressure free game.

We win, we are in semis.

We lose, we still can make semis.

Lets not tuk tuk the biggest game ever.
You can't expect Imam of all people to hit Bumrah out of attack when he refuses to do that even against Nepal,Bhutan etc. The only realistic option who could do that is horribly out of form & knowing Babar's autopilot mindset chance of that guy replacing Imam is very very thin. Expect more of a 42-1 after 10 scenario irrespective of the match situation.

It is a good thing we are playing india early. Just practice and try to dominate them. We need to make semi-finals and we need to beat 2 out of 4 big teams apart from india I believe and we can do that. Just do not take too much stake to this match. I am more interested in beating england and australia.

Opening ceremony?

The World Cup has been going on for more than a week now and most teams have played two games already. An opening ceremony this late in the tournament is quite disrespectful to the other teams and make it look as if the India-Pakistan clash is the only match that counts.

The BCCI is such a terrible host. Inexcusable.
really what is this ... superbowl.

Pak vs india match is an overhyped rivalry nowadays,
There is no comparison between them
Even Pakistani fans posting :
"1% chance, 99% Luck"

India's Victory against Pakistan is a normal day for India
But Pakistan's victory against India will be the Biggest Upset of this World Cup

Not every format is T20 jahan fluke chal jae.

I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong by Pakistan tomorrow 👍🏻
Good luck to both teams

Pak vs india match is an overhyped rivalry nowadays,
There is no comparison between them
Even Pakistani fans posting :
"1% chance, 99% Luck"

India's Victory against Pakistan is a normal day for India
But Pakistan's victory against India will be the Biggest Upset of this World Cup

Not every format is T20 jahan fluke chal jae.

I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong by Pakistan tomorrow 👍🏻
Good luck to both teams
ok, than why are you watching the game?

If you consider a pakistani win an upset (even though we have won more overall matches), than that means you consider us a minnow. So you have no job and have soo much free time to watch indiya playy a minnow?

Both teams will need to put their ego aside tomorrow if they want to win.

They need to be bold in their team selections (don't bank on more than 10 ovs of spin- especially if defending under lights)

The team batting first will have onus of setting total of 330-370 for their bowling attack as insurance against dew. Of course if there is collapse there is nothing to do but look to limp to 300 but cannot afford to slow down in middle overs for personal milestones (Imam, Babar, Rizwan, KLR main offenders).

This is not win the toss, win the match but toss winner will dictate the pace of match. If you're batting second chasing 340 if you get to 165/2 in 30 ovs you can still pull off the chase with dew on your side. However if you implode like Aus did before dew comes down then it is waste of toss advantage.

Both teams should designate players to land roundhouse knockout punches. It is ok for likes of Shaheen to risk going at 9-10 rpo in his first 3-4 overs if he's trying to bowl the inswinger. Similiarly one of the openers from each side should look to dominate the Power Play to setup middle order. If they fail others can play holding game and recalibrate approach.

Tomorrow will likely not be a close game. It will be a blowout one way or the other but both teams can afford a loss and look at this as playing with house money.

Both teams will need to put their ego aside tomorrow if they want to win.

They need to be bold in their team selections (don't bank on more than 10 ovs of spin- especially if defending under lights)

The team batting first will have onus of setting total of 330-370 for their bowling attack as insurance against dew. Of course if there is collapse there is nothing to do but look to limp to 300 but cannot afford to slow down in middle overs for personal milestones (Imam, Babar, Rizwan, KLR main offenders).

This is not win the toss, win the match but toss winner will dictate the pace of match. If you're batting second chasing 340 if you get to 165/2 in 30 ovs you can still pull off the chase with dew on your side. However if you implode like Aus did before dew comes down then it is waste of toss advantage.

Both teams should designate players to land roundhouse knockout punches. It is ok for likes of Shaheen to risk going at 9-10 rpo in his first 3-4 overs if he's trying to bowl the inswinger. Similiarly one of the openers from each side should look to dominate the Power Play to setup middle order. If they fail others can play holding game and recalibrate approach.

Tomorrow will likely not be a close game. It will be a blowout one way or the other but both teams can afford a loss and look at this as playing with house money.

Excellent analysis. I do think the team batting first will be a bit nervy but I think chasing 300+ in a WC match is difficult.

If you consider a pakistani win an upset (even though we have won more overall matches), than that means you consider us a minnow. So you have no job and have soo much free time to watch indiya playy a minnow?
Major saab, Pakistan is lucky not to face India more often since 2010, otherwise India would have taken solid lead in tests. India already have superior record in t20is. Since 1 Jan 2010, India have beaten Pakistan 11 times out of 15 completed ODIs.

Virat Kohli has been dismissed for a sub-50 score only once in eight World Cup [ODI + T20] games against Pakistan. That was in 2011.- cricinfo stat

Kohli will be the key for India , batting first or chasing.

Major saab, Pakistan is lucky not to face India more often since 2010, otherwise India would have taken solid lead in tests. India already have superior record in t20is. Since 1 Jan 2010, India have beaten Pakistan 11 times out of 15 completed ODIs.

Don't worry your time Will come beta

Do not respond to trolling. Ever since 2017 CT, pak has bridged the gap and playing neck to neck. Its always a close contest

Any of top six teams can beat each other. Don't go by the results so far. Only NED, BD, AFG and SL beating other teams would be an upset. Best of luck to both teams. I believe India will win as they are better balanced, but Pak absolutely defeat India tomorrow. Best of luck and enjoy a good game. It might be a high scoring game

I know Baba comes out with a set plan from the dressing room & dosnt budge from it.

If kohli comes in around 10th over put Ifty on hel take his wckt.

.It is very rare to see close matches between them. At McG 40th over 6th ball both sides had a shot to win. That was an exception besides the 2007 final. In one dayers I can't think of a heart stopping contest between these two recently. One team won mostly won convincingly due to the team make up of both sides. Let us see what is on offer here. This time it might go down to the wire as Pak batting has depth now.

Do not respond to trolling. Ever since 2017 CT, pak has bridged the gap and playing neck to neck. Its always a close contest
If you call the following margins since CT 2017 as close then I guess definition of close games are different ( only ODI's)

CT 2013 - Indi won by 8 wkts
Asia cup 2014 - India lost by 1 wkt
WC 2015 - India won by 76 runs
CT17 league game India won by 124 run

CT17 - Inia lost 180 run margin ( the game you mentioned)

After that
Asia cup 2018 - India won both league games by 8 wkt and 9 wkt margins
WC19 - India won by 89 runs
Asia cup 2012
1st game - abandoned due to rain
2nd game - India won by 228

So after 2017... by normal definition of close games...none seem close do they?

If you call the following margins since CT 2017 as close then I guess definition of close games are different ( only ODI's)

CT 2013 - Indi won by 8 wkts
Asia cup 2014 - India lost by 1 wkt
WC 2015 - India won by 76 runs
CT17 league game India won by 124 run

CT17 - Inia lost 180 run margin ( the game you mentioned)

After that
Asia cup 2018 - India won both league games by 8 wkt and 9 wkt margins
WC19 - India won by 89 runs

1st game - abandoned due to rain
2nd game - India won by 228

So after 2017... by normal definition of close games...none seem close do they?
Asia cup 2012 = Asia cup 2023 *

Shoiab akthar in pre-match analysis with India news channel , 'Pakistan should be brave and bowl first. If they can get early wickets , they can chase 260-280 or even 300".

What do you folks think? Better to chase? I believe India would like to chase. Based on babars press conference, pak too would like to chase.

.It is very rare to see close matches between them. At McG 40th over 6th ball both sides had a shot to win. That was an exception besides the 2007 final. In one dayers I can't think of a heart stopping contest between these two recently. One team won mostly won convincingly due to the team make up of both sides. Let us see what is on offer here. This time it might go down to the wire as Pak batting has depth now.
The last IND-PAK ODI in Ahmedabad was a last ball thriller.

Hoping we can channel the spirit of 05 tomorrow.

but pakistan did face India in the Ane dou series that happened in 2012, why did India lost 2-1 to Pakistan at home? Why was it that the infamous batting unit of India failed to Irfan and Junaid Khan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard this way too often. Matches are won on the ground not in imagination.
In the 90s India went in as underdogs and still won all WC games.
On the other hand, Pakistan went to India for ODI series in 2012 as underdogs and still won the series.
I don’t think it will be easy for India to defeat this Pakistan team in bilateral ODIs as we have a lot of bilateral bashers like Imam, Babar.

Shoiab akthar in pre-match analysis with India news channel , 'Pakistan should be brave and bowl first. If they can get early wickets , they can chase 260-280 or even 300".

What do you folks think? Better to chase? I believe India would like to chase. Based on babars press conference, pak too would like to chase.

Winning the toss and batting first tomorrow will be either a very brave call or an uninformed one.

It is clear that after 80 overs of any day night game in this WC, the bowlers are taken out of the equation. So toss winning captain is either expecting to settle the match by then or is being dogmatic and banking on psych factors like 'runs on the board' and 'pressure of chasing'

We know that neither India or Pakistan is the kind of batting outfit that sets their stall for 350 at the beginning of first inns.

India will look to build base and then ramp up their target score accordingly.

Pak has 3 accumulators in top 4 none of whom will voluntarily pull trigger to start with a bang.

Both teams will look to chase

but pakistan did face India in the Ane dou series that happened in 2012, why did India lost 2-1 to Pakistan at home? Why was it that the infamous batting unit of India failed to Irfan and Junaid Khan?
Since they've been battered at home They have been using the 2008 attacks as an excuse not to play pakistan

Hang on didn't the mumbai attacks happen before 2012/13

Last edited by a moderator:
I am gonna follow my usual activities during India Pak WC match- won't see the beginning 3-4 overs ( if India bats) . Anyway I have work tomorrow, so it will help.

I would give Abdullah and Rizwan the centre stage.

This should be our team.

Abdullah
Rizwan
Babar/Fakhar (swap based on early wicket)
Saud
Fakhar/Babar
Iftikhar
Shadab
MIr
HAsan
Haris
Shaheen

We cant lose with this team.

However this simply wont happen.

This should be our team.

Abdullah
Rizwan
Saud
Fakhar/Babar
Iftikhar
Shadab
MIr
HAsan
Haris
Shaheen

Only change is nawaz out, mir in.
Agreed but can mir handle pressure?

This should be our team.

Abdullah
Rizwan
Saud
Fakhar/Babar
Iftikhar
Shadab
MIr
HAsan
Haris
Shaheen

We are at the point where we should just stop suggesting a line up. We know the batting position will never change under Babar's captaincy.

I still think Fakhar will shine at no. 5-6. He is very weak against swinging deliveries.

Babar should open with Abdullah. We should let Imam go.

Not at all comfortable with picking sick Gill. Recovery takes time. He is needed in matches against NZ, England, SA
I don't have much hope from gill for this game but surely he is better than heck Kishan .we need a good start from gill in PP that's it .
Shaheen initial spell is very dangerous and if they negotiated him then we can put up good score .

I don't have much hope from gill for this game but surely he is better than heck Kishan .we need a good start from gill in PP that's it .
Shaheen initial spell is very dangerous and if they negotiated him then we can put up good score .
Shaheen is all over tha place while bowling these days.

Dont think he is going to create any initial impact.

One thing is for sure that chasing side will win the game.

BCCI and Indian government tries to ignore Pakistan for bilaterals citing issues which has nothing to do with the cricketers. Now here we are in the El Classico #1 of this World Cup and BCCI wants to celebrate this grand occasion with ceremonies and programs by artists in the middle of the match. You really can't understand these two faces of BJP leaders in our country. :haha :inti

Shaheen is all over tha place while bowling these days.

Dont think he is going to create any initial impact.

One thing is for sure that chasing side will win the game.
Bro he is a class bowler and he can came in form anytime .maybe tomorrow is his day, But I hope not.
I love Shaheen and Naseem as they are real world class bowler .

BCCI and Indian government tries to ignore Pakistan for bilaterals citing issues which has nothing to do with the cricketers. Now here we are in the El Classico #1 of this World Cup and BCCI wants to celebrate this grand occasion with ceremonies and programs by artists in the middle of the match. You really can't understand these two faces of BJP leaders in our country. :haha :inti
Yes but what about zaka Ashraf shaab .few day ago he was calling india a "Dusman mulk " but today he was enjoying dinner with Indian officials .

What is the pitch expected to be like? If there’s spin available, I say advantage India. If spinners are out of the picture then I have faith in Pakistan to score big.

The only thing that can bring this Indian team d
Yes but what about zaka Ashraf shaab .few day ago he was calling india a "Dusman mulk " but today he was enjoying dinner with Indian officials .
Did he say no to a series against India? :inti

i think he picked the wrong word unintentionally to describe what he actually wanted to say and ended up idiotically saying "Dushman Mulk"

I think he more wanted to say "Rival Country" but his bad, he choosed a blunder!

The only thing that can bring this Indian team d

Did he say no to a series against India? :inti
But if he think India is Dusman mulk then how can we play cricket each other .
Btw I want india - Pakistan series .I just stating fact that no one is saint from both side .

What is the pitch expected to be like? If there’s spin available, I say advantage India. If spinners are out of the picture then I have faith in Pakistan to score big.
Most likely good pitch where true bounce for pacers and if spinners bowl in right area than they can get some help .
Whoever is win but I want a close match not one side.

But if he think India is Dusman mulk then how can we play cricket each other .
Btw I want india - Pakistan series .I just stating fact that no one is saint from both side .
Did he come to India without any invitation? He may still consider India as its dushman mulk but he is visiting India as a chairman. You are trying to mix two things here to defend BCCI here lol. He never said no to a series against India but our guys are now celebrating this occasion with both hands. Hypocrites. :inti

Did he come to India without any invitation? He may still consider India as its dushman mulk but he is visiting India as a chairman. You are trying to mix two things here to defend BCCI here lol. He never said no to a series against India but our guys are now celebrating this occasion with both hands. Hypocrites. :inti
Bitter truth is that they want series so they can earn dollars ..same applied for India also that's why I said no one is saint

Will there by pakiatani supporters at the ground or still no visas issued?

Pressure will be definitely on Pakistan's side , because million of people will be chanting Bharat Bharat. Babar Azam owe a big performance against India. Tomorrow It's Babar Azam vs Bharat.

Maybe tomorrow Fakhar and Hassan Ali will be surprise packages too

pressure is on ur offcourse, cause we need to get that one win and end the streak.

Pakistan should have zero pressure. If they win it is a massive day. If they lose nothing will happen compared to If India loses. INdia is playing infront of Modi & co. Plus pressure on maintaining the streak. It just becomes a headache in itself. So from pressure stand point Pakistan can relax.

For once, would love to see som bold decisions from the captain; he should drop Imam ul Haq, open himself with Abdullah and bring in Usama Mir. Waise aisa hota nazr tou nahi a raha..

This match won’t be entertaining. I expect India to take Pakistan to the cleaners.
It is not a piece of cake. There will be
For once, would love to see som bold decisions from the captain; he should drop Imam ul Haq, open himself with Abdullah and bring in Usama Mir. Waise aisa hota nazr tou nahi a raha..

Usama Mir is soft target for them. As we have seen how Rohit smashed sixes to world class spinner Rashid Khan. Iftimania is our key spinner at the moment. And i think Shaheen's first 3 overs will be decisive for us.

Pakistan should have zero pressure. If they win it is a massive day. If they lose nothing will happen compared to If India loses. INdia is playing infront of Modi & co. Plus pressure on maintaining the streak. It just becomes a headache in itself. So from pressure stand point Pakistan can relax.
There is always pressure when you are surrounded by 130k hostile fans and a pumped up opposition full of superstars.

You guys think Shubman Gill is gonna play in the game? (Rohit says 99%). Do Pakistan's chances decrease dramatically if he is playing or actually increase if he is playing given that he is still recovering from Dengue?

There is always pressure when you are surrounded by 130k hostile fans and a pumped up opposition full of superstars.

I have played for my school team. WHenever match happened at home i would feel so nervous with your school mates cheering for you. There was one match where i was overwhelmed cross batted the first ball against arm ball and got cleaned up first ball. I walked back to pavilion with out lifting my head even one inch. Having said that some of these guys have played enough. They have PR machinery. Even if they fail they will use them to silence the critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back