ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand (172/5) deliver a telling blow to Pakistan's semi-finals chances with a 5-wicket win over Sri Lanka (171)

It looks to me like Philips chucks at least some of his deliveries. I might be wrong, though.

First you said wahab's single event would have somehow got us to win even though aus had more then 17 overs and 6 wickets in hand.

And now you're saying the bumrah event wouldn't matter and change the outcome.
Be honest, you didn't watch the 2015 Quarter final, did you?

Even it rains, I don’t think it’ll be heavy enough not to allow 20 overs. Only hope is SRL keeping kiwis in batting for 45+ overs, if they don’t win it outright. But kiwis also know the maths …..
clouds forming??

Southee is an absolute trundler. The likes of @Aman consider this dibbly dobbler as part of their first choice attack.

As if this trundler would have made any difference with his presence in bilaterals.

Bet,you didn't watch the 2015 Quarter final

It was much more closer than the scoreboard at the end suggests. Watch highlights on YouTube to understand
I fully watched the game, I saw it live so I bet my life you made your first comment under the delusion that I would just believe you and wouldn't question it one bit.

They crushed us and beat us to smithereens. Only wahab was difficult but Watson spell would lead to win by 5.

They could have literally tuk tuk their way to 40 overs amd still win. It was impossible for us to win.

I'm boiling with anger right now!

SL have completely bent us over!
Never rely on others. Why do you always do that? Same happenee last t20 wc. If only you beaten Afghanistan you wouldn’t be in this situation now.

Southee is an absolute trundler. The likes of @Aman consider this dibbly dobbler as part of their first choice attack.

As if this trundler would have made any difference with his presence in bilaterals.
bro, Southee has been playing for many years. Has done well in test and t20.

Guy is like India's Zaheer Khan

He is playing his last few years could be his last world cup

Great fight from the tailender they are still waiting for the rain to arrive someway

Good. 170-80 , pick couple of early wickets, you never know.
SL is atleast playing out all the overs. Good on them.

Rain is ruled out now, it's completely clear.

he looks 15 ig the way his typing is so he has not watched wc 15 we almost won that match scorecard says otherwise if watson was caught.
Says the man who told me I was wrong on stating aus would qualify and not Pakistan 😂😂.

Or are you going to deliberately ignore my comment on the semi final prediction thread?

If the match is in eden garden nz should play southee if it's in wankhede better go with Jamison

Says the man who told me I was wrong on stating aus would qualify and not Pakistan 😂😂.

Or are you going to deliberately ignore my comment on the semi final prediction thread?
ig i was right u are kid no offence brother. obviously u and i made predictions. predictions can be wrong no?

Imagine SL sneaking 35 more runs and reaching 200. That will turn this into a proper match.

Regardless , their pace reserves are terrible. After Matt Henry , they have one mediocrity after another.

Jamieson hasn't really lived up to his potential and has struggled after injury.

Ben Lister , Henry Shipley , Jacob Duffy , Blair Tickner are the next in line .

They make PAK trundlers look decent

Imam babar and rizwan are definitely not going to pick up momentum for that you need bangladesh and d string teams
Imam is already out of the team, babar is a softie can't rely on him in big matches, I have no issue with Rizwan performances he have delivered most of the times

Regardless , their pace reserves are terrible. After Matt Henry , they have one mediocrity after another.

Jamieson hasn't really lived up to his potential and has struggled after injury.

I dont get it why you bringing Pakistani bowlers into this?

Some of you posters really carry grudges to your grave.

Angelo Mathews. You wasnt timed out today by you was caught out this match. Let your batting do the talk instead of unprofessionally disrespecting another country which aided you in your country’s economic crisis recently.

Good. 170-80 , pick couple of early wickets, you never know.
SL is atleast playing out all the overs. Good on them.

Rain is ruled out now, it's completely clear.
I think this was the last of days of the rain spell in Bengaluru. The rest of the month looks all clear.

Man we have better bowlers than we bring in this world cup we had 3 fast bowlers injured and other top performers don't get selected as they are not babar friend list

Can it be like someone was trolling PAK with a fake weather forecast🤪

I mean, from flash flooding forecast to this in two days ….. checked BBC weather, how come!!!

Let's start a propaganda for this otherwise ranking in front of ICC like exclusive balls for Indian Team, Pak team will top the rankings in it 😂😂

Lol Pak is definitely out.

SL couldn’t even score 250.

he looks 15 ig the way his typing is so he has not watched wc 15 we almost won that match scorecard says otherwise if watson was caught.

Rahat Ali dropped Watson. Watson did the bulk of the scoring after that and batted till the end

It wasn't like he was dismissed 10-15 runs later

190 lot better than 130 which looked what they were going to finish with. So just bat out the remaining balls, get as much you can.

I fully watched the game, I saw it live so I bet my life you made your first comment under the delusion that I would just believe you and wouldn't question it one bit.

They crushed us and beat us to smithereens. Only wahab was difficult but Watson spell would lead to win by 5.

They could have literally tuk tuk their way to 40 overs amd still win. It was impossible for us to win.
Watson's catch was dropped
He scored the bulk of the runs after that

Was there till the END
Who knows what would have happened if he had gotten out

Madushanka and Theekshana together fighting more bravely for their Nation alone than their whole team has in this World Cup.

SL have done well to reach 170. Didn't feel like they would reach 140 at one stage.

Rahat Ali dropped Watson. Watson did the bulk of the scoring after that and batted till the end

It wasn't like he was dismissed 10-15 runs later
Anyways, will you be there at the Karachi airport to welcome King Babar next week?

Watson's catch was dropped
He scored the bulk of the runs after that

Was there till the END
Who knows what would have happened if he had gotten out
That is false? Smith had scored 65 and had anchored the innings, when he got out, maxwell came and nuked the bowling.

Watson getting out would have done nothing? Wdym bulk if the runs when Smith and maxwell scored an equivalent amount? Smith was anchoring way before Watson came in.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is false? Smith had scored 65 and had anchored the innings, when he got out, maxwell came and nuked the bowling.

Watson getting out would have done nothing? Wdym bulk if the runs when Smith and maxwell scored an equivalent amount? Smith was anchoring way before Watson came in.

Stop trying to convince me, you're living in a fantasy
Another thing, who dropped Watson in that match? A Pakistani player or an Indian player?

@mods can someone ban him. He's derailing the thread with nonsense
I am only responding
Is this a Pakistan match??

Why are other posters bringing our performance when its not relevant to New Zealand vs Sri Lanka

Woww. Ban on someone who is defending his country. No wonder the country is in a pathetic state because people like you exist

Very careless approach from them today. Hopes of two Asian nations rest on their shoulders and they’re doing monkey business.

Extremely disappointed as an Asian today.

This is not Asian brotherhood and this is not what would help us achieve the Asian century goal

Back