ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand (172/5) deliver a telling blow to Pakistan's semi-finals chances with a 5-wicket win over Sri Lanka (171)

Conway’s feet are not moving tandem with his bat movement

Struggling out there

New Zealand can do this in 25 overs easy. That'll make their NRR jump to 0.716.
Pakistan then will need to chase 300 runs in 6 overs if England Bat first to surpass and get to 0.726.
This is how improbable it has become.
Rain is the only saviour now 😕

From cricinfo

"For all the fans, here is the possible NRR calculations. NZ chases it in 17 overs - NRR 0.809, chases it in 22 overs - NRR 0.726, chases it in 26 overs - NRR 0.662, chases it in 30 overs - NRR 0.599. Anything till 44 overs and the NRR will get better, but if they drag this till the 50th over then their current NRR will start to decrease."

From cricinfo

"For all the fans, here is the possible NRR calculations. NZ chases it in 17 overs - NRR 0.809, chases it in 22 overs - NRR 0.726, chases it in 26 overs - NRR 0.662, chases it in 30 overs - NRR 0.599. Anything till 44 overs and the NRR will get better, but if they drag this till the 50th over then their current NRR will start to decrease."

I think NZ may finish this in 26-28 overs.

Target is 172.

Same guy who dropped Ross Taylor 3 times or so in wc one of the worst wk to ever play a game of cricket because he couldn't hold onto a catch
I remember reading that Akhtar was fuming at Kamran after that match saying he will never play with him again or something on that lines ..lol

Tbf rachin has been the find of the tournament for me. The guy is one heck of an opener and no 3 for nz.

He will be a worth successor to kane Williamson imo
Too soon to say he's been bang average other than the WC and hasn't performed outside india at all

Too soon to say he's been bang average other than the WC and hasn't performed outside india at all
He was bamg average before ipl seasons because nz kept batting him lower down the order and he was flourished yet.

He's now their frontline opener or no 3 in place of will young.

Ipl groomed him and as he plays more franchise in foreign conditons as a front line opener now he'll be solid.

If New Zealand chases in 25 overs:- Pakistan will need to win by 335 runs.- NO CHANCE if England opts to bat.

He was bamg average before ipl seasons because nz kept batting him lower down the order and he was flourished yet.

He's now their frontline opener or no 3 in place of will young.

Ipl groomed him and as he plays more franchise in foreign conditons as a front line opener now he'll be solid.
Dude what are you talking about ? He haven't played for any ipl team as of yet?

Dude what are you talking about ? He haven't played for any ipl team as of yet? What Groom and all that bull crap you're talking about
IPL gets the credit for everything here haha

Yup kiwis are going for it. It will be ended in 18 overs or close. The same way we should have ended our Bangladesh match way way earlier

SL losing badly is good for BD (for CT 2025 qualification).

SL and BD almost have similar NRRs. If BD can lose (against Aussies) with a better margin than SL, they should quality for CT.

We can now safely say its curtains for Qudrat Ka Nizam unless paksitan gets ENg bundled for 40 and takes it down in 4 overs. Which is too much of an ask even for Qudrat ka Nizam.

Brother Rachin determined to make this an India NZ semifinal.

Come on SL. Get these guys out , please. We would rather have a walkover team like PAK in semis

Come on SL. Get these guys out , please. We would rather have a walkover team like PAK in semis
Your comment proves that India didn't win intentionly against England in 2019 lol 😂😂.

Who on earth would want 2019 atg England to qualify instead of Pakistan 💀

Your comment proves that India didn't match fix against England in 2019 lol 😂😂.

Who on earth would want 2019 atg England to qualify instead of Pakistan 💀
Tbh , I would take anyone over NZ. Watching India play NZ in an ICC KO triggers all kinds of PTSD's :sree

I like mark Howard as a commentrator. He has shades of Bill Lawry in the sense he builds up the excitement after a wicket or a boundary hit in the same way. Like his enthusiasm

Tbh , I would take anyone over NZ. Watching India play NZ in an ICC KO triggers all kinds of PTSD's :sree
Yh but England 2019 was kinda unbeatable unless you were NZ or were a Fodder weak team.

Against Sri Lanka and Pakistan they got over confident, n
But NZ is just better then anyone at soaking up pressure during semi final and final stages.

England would have crucified Indian 8 out of 10x in 2019.

2023 India beats 2019 England though. 2023 India is crazy good.

Relax bhai...the way our guys are goin, we'll toast them on ice in Bombay :)....that said hope am not jixing us and am proven right...:)

My first comment here today;

If you look solely on the Pakistan v England match, Pakistan will play well knowing they are out of the SF race. No preassure, just go out and express yourself.

btw any I have read a lot about rain here. Any chance for rain now?

My first comment here today;

If you look solely on the Pakistan v England match, Pakistan will play well knowing they are out of the SF race. No preassure, just go out and express yourself.
They should do that every match- had FZ played the way he did or you guys selected Abrar Ahmad as your spinner when you knew in India it will turn and the Angleez teams don't play spin that flash

Well those sixes really puts me out of my ODI misery of last two months. Definitely have become a South Asian weather expert, and mental maths expert due to all the run rate calcs. Will still watch every ball of the England game I reckon, such is the sickness.

Back