ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v South Africa | Match 26 | Chennai | 27 October | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but will he fight to get the right players into the squad when he is eventually made Kuptaan or will stick to the Yaari Dosti model?
That I dont know. Lol depends. Hope he selects based in merit.

Babar got a head-start today by getting two free hits up in the first two balls and yet he is 16 (20) on a dead wicket.

Rohit would have scored a 30 ball fifty after such a headstart.

Babar is not that guy.

Babar hasn’t attempted to hit a single boundary against the part-timer, Markram.

Babar’s strike rate in this WC against spin is 60 as well.

Babar got a head-start today by getting two free hits up in the first two balls and yet he is 16 (20) on a dead wicket.

Babar is not that guy.
i think he wants to stay till end today and other batter around him attack.

To be honest apart from babar and rizwan who are our best players this a team with pretty average talent and skill level.

Confidence is shot as well

I don't hold any hope

The only saving grace is if the team win against Bangladesh because they have already been demolished by 2 arch rivals india and Afghanistan

Babar is not that guy.
Rohit is a better player though. Can't compare.

Also rohit plays in a much better team.

Imam is the most consistent and reliable Pakistani opener since Saeed Anwar. He is not going anywhere.
Saim Ayub should be given a chance after this WC. Imam needs to be pushed as a batsman otherwise he will stay in his comfort zone

Babar is not that guy.
The wicket is not dead. There’s bounce on offer and of course a 6’8 bowler is primed to take advantage of it.

So glad Harsha Bhogle is not part of commie team.....
am so over him - he was novelty in the 90's with his staccato style and random comparisons....but nowadays i feel he just rambles only says a lot and says nothing, describes the obvious without much substance

Why would saffers bring a part timer so early lol. Where is coetze etc

The wicket is not dead. There’s bounce on offer and of course a 6’8 bowler is primed to take advantage of it.
There’s bounce because of the bowler’s height, not because there’s bounce in the pitch. It is a dead wicket and the number one batsman in the world should be able to impose himself before it is a little too late.

You’ve chosen to condemn him no matter what happens.

Let me repeat.

Is it possible that Rizwan scores a century and someone else scores more impactful one for opposition?

As for bhogle. He is one of the most annoying cringe worthy and boring commie I have ever come across. Hope he stays away for good.

Why would saffers bring a part timer so early lol. Where is coetze etc
This is probably where the word match up actually makes sense 😂 South Africa definitely thinks they see something in Makram bowling to Babar

Probably due to hit, SAF won’t bowl 30 overs of pace here, so Markham is brought ….. and he has given 14 runs in 3 overs!!!!

This is probably where the word match up actually makes sense 😂 South Africa definitely thinks they see something in Makram bowling to Babar
If we get out to guys like markram let alone guys like mahraj who is also mediocre then we simply should just quit odi and focus on t20.

Lumber 1 putting unnecessary pressure on rizwan. Atlas rotate the strike useless

Imam is the most consistent and reliable Pakistani opener since Saeed Anwar. He is not going anywhere.
Sometimes you say things that are very logical and sometimes you say things that are the biggest insults to old greats that I have ever seen in my life.

Imam is not reliable 😂😂, and his consistency will get exposed 110% against anyone with a bowling brain. I told you imam regressed the lack of 100's, and his fitness shows for it. 2019 exposed it, 2023 has exposed it as well, Weaker stat padding zindabad.

Don't know which imam you're seeing, I do agree he ain't going anywhere as long as inzi stays as chief selector.

Babar has lost the ability to rotate the strike, which means Rizwan is now continuously stuck on the non strikers end and losing his eye. When someone is hitting they need to have as much of the strike as possible.

Poor game awareness yet again.

You love your dot ball king. He is batting pathetically
Erm. No.

I'm just realistic over my expectations of Saud and Iftikhar (you can forget Shadab and below) with virtually 40 overs to go.

He has never played an over of first class cricket.

I think he used to be an accountant or something.
Do the CA, do taxes, file returns, offer advisory services and financial reporting or auditing. Leave us alone then lol. Please go back to accounting.

There’s bounce because of the bowler’s height, not because there’s bounce in the pitch. It is a dead wicket and the number one batsman in the world should be able to impose himself before it is a little too late.
We’re going 5.5 an over after both of our openers failed. That’s perfectly acceptable. You can’t compare him to arguably the greatest WC Batsmen ever - Rohit Sharma and then say he’s not good just because he’s not as good as him.

Abdullah needs to go man. Need to look elsewhere now.
Who else we got?

T20 WC next so Saim Ayub will be drafted in...if he starts performing there, no doubt that they will push him into the ODIs, provided they still exist...it's between Imam and Abdullah for the same opening spot...

Sometimes you say things that are very logical and sometimes you say things that are the biggest insults to old greats that I have ever seen in my life.

Imam is not reliable 😂😂, and his consistency will get exposed 110% against anyone with a bowling brain. I told you imam regressed the lack of 100's, and his fitness shows for it. 2019 exposed it, 2023 has exposed it as well, Weaker stat padding zindabad.

Don't know which imam you're seeing, I do agree he ain't going anywhere as long as inzi stays as chief selector.
Every player in Pakistan is average against the top teams including Babar. So it is not a stick to beat Imam with.

He has done very well overall and scored a lot of runs. You can’t drop a Pakistani batsman with his stats even if they are inflated.

There is no talent in Pakistan. Players like Imam are the players that we have.

Let me repeat.

Is it possible that Rizwan scores a century and someone else scores more impactful one for opposition?
Is it possible, yes. Is it possible Rizwan scores a century that is more impactful than the a century the opposition makes? Also yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good from Rizwan. Like him or not, he's trying to push the pace which will hopefully relax Babar and the guys to come.

So glad Harsha Bhogle is not part of commie team.....
am so over him - he was novelty in the 90's with his staccato style and random comparisons....but nowadays i feel he just rambles only says a lot and says nothing, describes the obvious without much substance
Completely agree. He is a good presenter/moderator but useless as an analyst/commentator. Simply fills space with Captain Obvious comments.
There is a parody twitter account which is perfect satire of his actual nonsense posts.

Can any stat guru compare Babar Azam dot ball percentage against spin compared to best batsman in the world. This is his biggest problem, not lack of boundaries.

It will reveal his overall problem. He doesn't make placement at all for a single, pushes hard for it(hard hands) compare with KL Rahul who bats with soft hands, never seem to push hard and comfortable taking singles

Completely agree. He is a good presenter/moderator but useless as an analyst/commentator. Simply fills space with Captain Obvious comments.
There is a parody twitter account which is perfect satire of his actual nonsense posts.
Tweets of Bhogle is almost as good as the fake Nasir Jamshed account.

Man if Pak thrash SA tomorrow- the cornered tigers brigade will be in full force !😁
I think even if pak win remaining matches, it'll be very difficult for them to qualify. They'll end up most probably like last world cup due to their NRR. But yeah, the cornered tigers brigade will rise up and people will convince themselves that pak was peaking at the right time and it was merely the NRR which prevented them from winning the cup. That's why consistency is very important. You can't blow hot and cold and expect to qualify.

Though teh below stst does not show he has got out to Adil Rashid, wellalage etc off late.

View attachment 138312

Babar's is as below

View attachment 138313
I think stats against individual bowlers and against different types of bowling miss something. For example I think Virat is better at spin than Babar even more so than those stats show. But I’m not sure, have to do a much deeper dive.

Rizwan should be solely played as a batsman and harris should be the new WK..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back