ICL Final 1| Lahore vs Hyderabad | Panchkula | 04/04/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahid A

Local Club Captain
Runs
1st Final : Lahore Badshahs Vs Hyderabad Heroes

So Lahore Badshahs go into this final which is best out of three on a high when they just about beat the tigers yesterday.
On the other hand Hyderabad Heroes going into this match on a high too.

I think these are they key men to look out for - Razzaq,Nazir,Inzi,Kemp and Mushy.

Match starts 2:30pm UK Time.

These two have played before in the tournament with LB coming out on top. Hope its the same today. :p

But we never know with these Pakistani teams they could win all there games then come to the final and lose all of them. So we will have to wait and see.

It will be a Tight Game and I hope that it should be as entertaining as the 2nd semi-final was.

Both the teams have experienced Players heroes have Razzaq,kemp,Boje,harris and on the The other Side Badshahs have Inzy,Azhar,Nazir,Mushy

It will be a cracker

Afridi_Fan said:
It will be a Tight Game and I hope that it should be as entertaining as the 2nd semi-final was.

Both the teams have experienced Players heroes have Razzaq,kemp,Boje,harris and on the The other Side Badshahs have Inzy,Azhar,Nazir,Mushy

It will be a cracker

I hope it is. I really want to see Nazir to hit some big sixes maybe one day we will be calling him '' Boom Boom Nazir ''

I'm sure it will be.. but there will be lots of people trying the link... so once u get it opened leave it open

Shahid link worknig already.. i think the 3rd 4th play off is happenin or happened!

Chennai Superstars 186/4 (20/20 ov)
Kolkata Tigers 154 (18.4/20 ov)

Chennai Superstars won by 32 runs take THIRD position

Last edited:
Match starts in just over an hour.

The main attraction for Pakistani fans will of course be how Abdul Razzaq performs against his former Pakistani team mates.

Hyderabad Heroes squad

CZ Harris, Abdul Razzaq, A Absolem, Anirudh Singh, STR Binny, N Boje, JM Kemp, I Khaleel, JP Maher, AT Rayudu, PIS Reddy, PK Reddy, KS Sahabuddin, P Shashank Nag, D Vinay Kumar, SZ Zuffri

Lahore Badshahs squad

Inzamam-ul-Haq, Arshad Khan, Azhar Mahmood, Hasan Raza, Humayun Farhat, Imran Farhat, Imran Nazir, Mohammad Sami, Mushtaq Ahmed, Naved-ul-Hasan, Naved Latif, Riaz Afridi, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shahid Nazir, Taufeeq Umar

Most of all, it is their skill and verve that has made them the terror of the tournament. Pakistani players' traditional weaknesses - short attention span, needless innovation, bravado, and recklessness - have emerged as formidable strengths in Twenty20 cricket, carrying the Lahore team to within touching distance of the title and the winner's cash prize of nearly US$625,000.

Even when they were most strenuously tested - defending 151 against Ahmedabad Rockets in Hyderabad - they showed scant respect for the textbook, and got out of jail with medium-pacers Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and Azhar Mahmood bowling back-of-the-hand wrist-spin at the death. Not for these lads the conventional theory of bowling fast and furious into the blockhole. Instead, they used slower balls with loopy topspin to extinguish their opponents' final embers of hope.

"Badshah" is a fitting label for a winning club. In Urdu the word means "king", yet the term's first syllable also resonates in English, casting the team in a menacing light. Most appropriately, the name honors both Lahore, which has known glory as an imperial Mughal capital, and its greatest patron, the Emperor Akbar, who is a celebrated ambassador of Hindu-Muslim unity and remains the most revered of the Mughal kings.

Last edited:
while we waiting - whose this fella?

80011.jpg

Anyone else having problems with their Zee Cinema (in UK) picture stopping and starting?

farhat dropped, Taufeeq in. Tough but wise move since farhat has been horrandeous over last couple of games.

Inzi critics will say he chops and changes even in ICL

1 change is hardly chopping and changing.

IFARHAT has had 2 ducks in a row..so dropping him makes some sense!

infamous9383 said:
farhat dropped, Taufeeq in. Tough but wise move since farhat has been horrandeous over last couple of games.

Inzi critics will say he chops and changes even in ICL
Now inzi will be under fire by Mr.Ilyas ... for dropping the beloved Imran farhat in a big game.

Hyderabad Heroes won the toss and elected to bat first

puts pressure on Badshahs when they bat 2nd. clever tactic?

Last edited:
ALL the pakistani crew in icl is in the finals? coincidence or proof that Pak is made for T20's?

"short attention span, needless innovation, bravado, and recklessness - have emerged as formidable strengths in Twenty20 cricket"

So who will be a hero today?

Or will the Villians (Badashahs) complete a 100% record through the toruney!!

Lahore Badshahs team

Imran Nazir, Taufeeq Umar, Humayun Farhat, Hasan Raza, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Naved Latif, Azhar Mahmood, Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Sami, Mushtaq Ahmed, Shahid Nazir

Hyderabad Heroes team
JP Maher, Abdul Razzaq, AT Rayudu, N Boje, JM Kemp, STR Binny, CZ Harris, Anirudh Singh, I Khaleel, A Absolem, PIS Reddy

the dancers are out.. teams are making their way out

Inzi leads the way

my loyalty is split
i want badshahs to win but i also want razzaq to smash a brutal 100!!

4 overthrows - but Zee does an ARY and misses the action....

8 off last 2 balls.

Heroes back on track

14-0

LOVE PP - if PP didnt exist we would never have gotten the link !! ;-)

Pulled for 2

Misfield by Miss Sami

Get another run

Sami getting pasted (again)

Another 4

31-0

Inzi is going punch Sami any minute....

Would have been run ut by miles - awful fielding by Badshahs

31-0 off 5 overs

Oxy said:
Where has al Rana Naveds hair come from?
Probably same place that Nawaz Sharif got his hair back. Why you asking? Need something similar done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back