If you don't want to be here, go home: Bresnan tells Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wised up

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
Birmingham: England pacer Tim Bresnan has asked India to show 'more desire' if they wish to succeed in the cold weather here.

It'd help if India's fielders didn't have their hands in their pockets. It's not that cold. They need to look interested (in play) and show some desire.

If you don't want to be here, go home, he said on Wednesday, before rejecting India coach Duncan Fletcher's observation that the ball had swung prodigiously in the ongoing series. "The pitch is playing all right. We were expecting it to be quicker and seam more," Bresnan told reporters

http://sports.ndtv.com/ind-eng-2011...want-to-be-here-go-home-bresnan-tells-indians

Last edited:
That can also apply to a few people on this forum :yk

Not to polite from Mr.Bresnan there :)
England is showing a lot of class on the field , these off the field comments though are really unnecessary

Yo Indians !

This is what Bresnan is saying :

60226_438943894620_509724620_4947931_7379913_n.jpg

Cold weather? Eh..most of them had meat chunks stuffed in their pockets which they were secretly passing to their phast bowlers in order to ensure that their pace didnt drop below 100 km

lols, Alu Besan talking big after having a couple of good matches. Will see what his reaction will be if he plays in hot conditions in Sub-continent.

Point noted Mr Bresnan..........We will reply in India.....

Now this is a real :facepalm: worthy news..

When chips are down, even dogs will give advice to Tigers :yk

It was tongue n cheek comment - the Indian attitude on the field was dreadful especially with some players with hands in the pocket.

thats the only place india can ever reply to anyone....just at home.

India played well in Aus and drew with Saffers man. That means they are not just home ground heroes.

I will wait and see how England performs in subcontinent :wasim

It was tongue n cheek comment - the Indian attitude on the field was dreadful especially with some players with hands in the pocket.

Yes, the attitude was bad.

If some one like Boycott or Richards or Chappel or Imran Khan gives them this advice, it would be aceptable as they are all former greats..

Who the heck is Bresnan? A guy who is not even England's first choice seamer? :facepalm:

It would be like Kohli teaching Ponting about attitude :facepalm:

Yes, the attitude was bad.

If some one like Boycott or Richards or Chappel or Imran Khan gives them this advice, it would be aceptable as they are all former greats..

Who the heck is Bresnan? A guy who is not even England's first choice seamer? :facepalm:

It would be like Kohli teaching Ponting about attitude :facepalm:

Maybe he and some of the England players were shocked by the attitude as well. Agree he really should not have said it, but it does feel some of the Indian players just don't want to be here sort of attitude.

Why wait for so long? .. start burning effigies right from edgbaston :)))

Might increase the temp by. 2, 3 degrees :))

Maybe he and some of the England players were shocked by the attitude as well. Agree he really should not have said it, but it does feel some of the Indian players just don't want to be here sort of attitude.

If England ever loses badly in India, I can bet that Ravindra Jadeja would be giving tips to England squad :asif

I think this time fans will excuse Indian team as they won the WC.

A lot of Indians are still celebrating it like it just happened a week ago. :kapil

One good thing to learn form life it that it eventually comes a full circle. What situation is being faced by someone will be faced by you in a matter of time. So be humble and earn people's respect while doing so. Or eat a humble pie later.

Sir, how did India won the last series they played in England if they are all Tiggers? :p

We even drew in Aus and SA. Historically we have been a bad guest...but we have done well in the recent past. This series is bringing back the good old 90's :facepalm:

We even drew in Aus and SA. Historically we have been a bad guest...but we have done well in the recent past. This series is bringing back the good old 90's :facepalm:

I am sure this is just a phase...

But 2yrs from now, India should get good backups to replace Dravid, Tendu and Laxi. We cannot rely on them for future. They are all really old. I mean most players retire by 34 and some retire by 35.

We have to be realistic that the batting core is too old now. They are still playing well based on sheer talent. But the age will catch up and it has caught up with them when it comes to fielding.

nice to see some pathetic indian fieldsmen.......so soothing for the eyes as they'v been used to watching our lazy pakistani fielders on such frequent occasions ........

thumbs up to Bresnan..

nothing worse than opponent asking us to improve our game [:(].
whenever i see English score runs, i think its flat pitch but when our guys comes to bat , insane...

nice to see some pathetic indian fieldsmen.......so soothing for the eyes as they'v been used to watching our lazy pakistani fielders on such frequent occasions ........

A good chunk of our team is over 33 man.

Tendu/Laxi/Dravid are all over 38. They are not spring chickens anymore :wahab

seriously this is ultimate humiliation for India that a junior guy is talking like this. And its only indians who are to blame here (although Brensan definitely is not a humble person).

seriously this is ultimate humiliation for India that a junior guy is talking like this. And its only indians who are to blame here (although Brensan definitely is not a humble person).

England have fared poorly in India before back in 90's... But Venkatapathy Raju did not lecture English players about attitude...

Just goes to show that Bresnan guy is a lose cannon. Just because he is having a good series like 10 other English players does not warrant his stupid lectures to the likes of Dravid, Tendu and Laxi...

I cant wait for this guy to play in chennai heat when Dravid and laxman are Tuk tuk ing.

England have fared poorly in India before back in 90'sBut Venkatapathy Raju did not lecture English players about attitude...

Just goes to show that Bresnan guy is a lose cannon. Just because he is having a good series like 10 other English players does not warrant his stupid lectures to the likes of Dravid, Tendu and Laxi...

They did not after 2000's either!!

I cant wait for this guy to play in chennai heat when Dravid and laxman are Tuk tuk ing.

Bresnan will fake injury or play dead and blame it on the hot chennai weather....

Guys like Bresnan will be exposed in India... Their bowling will be ineffective and batting will not be easy playing on spinning tracks :facepalm:

We have seen several bits and pieces players from England before.
Adam Hollioke, Mark Ealham, Bresnan all belong to the same core.. 1 or 2 good series's and then disappear for a few years and later appear again as commentators :facepalm:

One good thing to learn form life it that it eventually comes a full circle. What situation is being faced by someone will be faced by you in a matter of time. So be humble and earn people's respect while doing so. Or eat a humble pie later.

All he's saying is that give the game the respect it deserves. Don't walk around the field with your hands in your pockets like you're in downtown Srinagar. Nothing wrong with that. If one of our players was doing that and then gotten a Chennai Super King pair, I'd be okay with him calling them out too.

England have fared poorly in India before back in 90's... But Venkatapathy Raju did not lecture English players about attitude...

I dont think his lecture was meant for the likes of Dravid, Tendu and Laxman. I think his lecture was meant for Sehwag who was keeping hands in his pocket mostly and was noticed by Naseer Hussain as well. Its very poor of Sehwag.

There's one thing being cocky and there's another being ignorant. I guess he forgets how some English players feel when they go to the sub-continent. He shouldn't be running his mouth.

I dont think his lecture was meant for the likes of Dravid, Tendu and Laxman. I think his lecture was meant for Sehwag who was keeping hands in his pocket mostly and was noticed by Naseer Hussain as well. Its very poor of Sehwag.

Bresnan has nothing on Sehwag... Who the heck is this Bresnan? He is a nobody when it comes to achievements.

Sehwag is a legend compared to Bresnan...

What ever be it, Bresnan should have shut up and let the England Greats deal with advising Indian players.

Regardless of the miserable showing by India, Bresnan should not have made this comment.

Ultimate insult !!! :))
Bresnaaaan is the maaaaaaaan !!

England the playing da playing da mind games! Knock them out both physically and mentally that seems to be the mantra of this English team :warne

Bresnan is a typical Yorkshireman, aggressive lad.

Crass statement, should have kept his mouth from running sure, but he's a better seamer than anyone in the Indian arsenal right now, and England have never lost a test match that he has played in.

And he'd be brilliant in the subcontinent, he's one of the best workhorses for slow decks you'll find.

Seriously shocking team this Indian side.

Your Rockstars should be replying now, not waiting for months. Seems to me that you should not criticise Bres, but the rubbish attitude of their own players.

Last edited:
Quite brutal by Bresnan but everyone expected a more competitive series to be fair.

Bresnans spot on, The Indians have no stomach for a scrap!

Nothing wrong with Bresnan's comments. Blunt and inelegant but to the point and certainly not arrogant. India have played like they don't want to be here.

The fella in the England team I don't like is Anderson. Just look at his columns and press interviews, a smug twit if ever there was. But at least he's performing

I have to say I agree with Tim Bresnan. I was at Edgbaston on Thursday, and India didn't even look as if they were trying or as if they cared. Their performance was an insult to the 25,000 people who had paid £60 and more for a ticket to be there.

They were an absolute disgrace. Michael Vaughan said that if Bangladesh had come over last year and played like that, people would have been saying that they shouldn't have Test status. He was right, too!

Whoa.. bharam hain bhai k! :)))

Bresnan's comments might come across as arrogant and/or unnecessary, but in all honesty, he's right. India is playing as though they just want to finish the series and go back home. No fight, no intent - Team India is to blame, not Bresnan. They give him the opportunity to say this! He's just enjoying his moment.

:))) :)))

Bresnan will get smacked when England visits India later. He is one overrated bowler who is worthless when the conditions do not suit him.

Whats with all the hate against England.. Its not like Pak/Ind beat them.. I bet if we played SA in ENG/SA we would also get mauled..

Not a big fan of England, but all this bumping is getting pretty lame.

Lets face it England are still better than India in most conditions and more importantly they have some great young players coming through. Players like Bairstow, Finn, Overton, Meaker,Rafiq etc will ensure that they strong.

to all Indian Fan, India has not beaten England, S. Africa has. currently one of the best Test team in the world.

Bresnan was right here. India were pathetic last year.

Even Bangladesh gave a better account of themselves the year before.

Lol nobody cares who beat England, just as long as they were beaten! We've all had to endure a years worth of unwarranted gloating, which was worse, so what's a few bumped threads to point and laugh at their cockiness? :))

@oyei The threads are getting bumped by truthseer, I don't think he is Indian.

And everyone likes a bit of schadenfreude, me included :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back