India (176/7) crowned champions of ICC T20 World Cup 2024 after a 7 runs victory against South Africa (169/8)

Supporting South Africa but wouldn't mind India winning this one, Rohit and Kohli deserve at least one more trophy.

It's about the bowlers.
If it's a turner Indian spinners will eat the saffers alive. There won't even be a contest.

On a harder bouncier surface there will at least be a contest.
The harder bouncier would be average bounce due to the sluggish nature

The harder bouncier would be average bounce due to the sluggish nature

I remember 2010 World T20 (also in West Indies). Barbados pitch back then was very spicy. Ball used to bounce quite a bit.

I am not sure if it is sluggish now. Would be a shame if it is.

Good batting wicket. Arguably the best in Caribbean. Bat first take advantage and score big 170-180. It will be difficult for the chasing team.
170-180 would be well below par on this pitch. Of course there's the pressure of a final but 200 is needed to feel safe if you're batting first.

BCCI should , through back door channels , promise to let South Africa host CT'25 so that they don't go hard on us :rabada2

The weather is not looking too good for the Final. Rain is even predicted on the reserve day as well.

DaaJXI3.jpeg

Will the trophy be shared if the game rains off?

Reserve day will be there .

the teams will compete in a Super Over to determine which team is the winner in the event of a tied final. Even if the Super Over is not possible, the match will be declared a no result if there is no winner decided on the reserve day.

SA would always bat first. If SA scores 180 and if they get duo of rohit and kohli out cheaply, they have very good odds of winning the game.

In earlier matches, Rohit-Virat both were got out quickly, still Indian batters chased total….Team India is not depend on a single or two players… that’s why if one batter fails another stands. It’s a sign of great team.

Against England, Virat, Pant and Dubey failed, but still India posted 171

The weather is not looking too good for the Final. Rain is even predicted on the reserve day as well.

DaaJXI3.jpeg
The forecast was worse for Guyana but we still had a full game on the day.

Don't know if the drainage in Barbados is as good but hopefully there'll be a Final befitting the occasion.

Reserve day will be there .

the teams will compete in a Super Over to determine which team is the winner in the event of a tied final. Even if the Super Over is not possible, the match will be declared a no result if there is no winner decided on the reserve day.
So no one gets the trophy? If its a no result?

The forecast was worse for Guyana but we still had a full game on the day.

Don't know if the drainage in Barbados is as good but hopefully there'll be a Final befitting the occasion.
Yeah, really hoping for a good game. Cannot be playing in the tournament so the trophy can be shared in the end. No more rain spoilers.

SA needs to play their natural game no need to take advice from anyone who has not played a WC final this the highest they've achieved since Sydney 92, Edgbaston 99 and Auckland 15.

Although I want India to win, I don't mind South Africa winning this one. They deserve a trophy, very likeable team... I still remember India welcoming them by playing a ODI series against them after the ban, and I have fond memories of Kuiper and Kirsten chasing a 280+ score (at that time) in the last ODI, that was the launch of South African cricket. We (Indians) always envied their fast bowling and particularly alrounders... Among the SENA they are the least controversial team for us, and don't remember them sledging much even at their peak! Also because of them missing out on so many opportunities (instead of calling "choking", let's for once call it as "hard luck") we have a soft corner for them.

So want them to win... If India had won the ODI WC'23 against Australia, I would have wanted more for India allowing South Africa to win this one. But since we have also not won an ICC trophy for so long, we too are desperate to win one...

In fact I wouldn't mind if the finals is rained out and both the teams are announced joint winners like India & Srilanka in 2002 (don't know what they will do if such scenario arrises... as both teams have topped their respective groups & are equal)

LOL.

That was a drop. If ball comes at your face, you try to catch it. He was fielding at gully region.
Even English post match analysts considered that was an evasive action lol For you that is a dolly. Seriously i would be shocked if you say otherwise.

That is not a dropped chance to be fair. That was more of an evasive action as came directly at his face. So he tried to duck first then as an after thought he stuck his hand out.
Lol can't blame the guy. It was a rocket and he was too close to the pitch. It was directly at his face

Bliss for David Miller who has been part of so many heartbreaking losses despite giving it his all.

- 56* off 51 vs Eng in CT 13 SF
- 21* off 12 vs Ind in WT20 14 SF
- 49 off 18 vs NZ in CWC 15 SF
- 101 off 116 vs Aus in CWC 23 SF

Never failed in this situation for SA. He was there for them every time. Performing every time but still ending up losing. He has seen it all, most clutch SA player ever. Really deserve this , today he gets to soak up this playing the final moment. I hope he holds the trophy now.

FB_IMG_1719582069963.jpg

Honestly I am pleasantly surprised ind is in final. As i said before- for Ind batting its rohit and sky or bust. And remarkably they have done it against aus and eng. Kohli and jadeja are waste of spots with jaiswal on the bench. But who knows- if kohli turns back the clock but still he's not suited to the aggressor opening role. And dube has underperformed

Inspite of these handicaps- ind is in final. That is pretty impressive. Any road to any WC victory runs through Aus. You have to beat Aus somewhere to win any icc trophy. If rohit and sky have one more good game - ind wins. Also yes dube underperformed but think he will come good in the final.

We are not ready for Kohli to do what Gilli / Dhoni did after failed badly during whole tournament before final in 2007 and 2011 respectively.

Obviously I don't want to india to win. But india has played very well in the whole tournament. They are deserving finalist.

Hopefully south africa wins but I don't see them winning.

So congratulations in advance to all indians. I won't like the way India is gonna celebrate.LOL. hahah

We are not ready for Kohli to do what Gilli / Dhoni did after failed badly during whole tournament before final in 2007 and 2011 respectively.
Bro- you forgot travis head 🙂
But yeah tough seeing Kohli do that just because that's not his natural game. But if he can just hack a few - a 20 off 10 balls is way better than a 40 ball 50

Really want Saffers to take this one. It'll be an emotional moment for recent legends who played since 2000 for SAF like Steyn, ABD, Amla, Kallis, du Plessis, Morkel, etc., who were all part of great teams but could never reach the chip. Now these young lads with some of the vets in de Kock and Miller have a chance to secure the trophy. Praying for them. They deserve it. Their cricket deserves it. Their country deserves it. Not saying India don't. But they have at least had their chances in nearly every ICC event. SAF need this one

India will be clear favorites to win they have adapted the best to the differentch pitches. To score 170 in that CRAB HOLE:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: where 125 is par is a Superlative effort. (y)

Have a feeling that it will be a one sided affair and can go either side. Rohit want to win a ICC cup in order to complete his legacy and on the other hand, SAF will try to win their first every ICC trophy.

Bro- you forgot travis head 🙂
But yeah tough seeing Kohli do that just because that's not his natural game. But if he can just hack a few - a 20 off 10 balls is way better than a 40 ball 50
Head was motm in the semis and scored a ton against Nz though

Christopher Gaffaney and Richard Illingworth will be the on-field umpires as South Africa play India in the final of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024

South Africa reached the final for the first time with a nine-wicket victory over Afghanistan in Trinidad & Tobago and India joined by beating England by 68 runs in the second semi-final in Guyana.

Richard Kettleborough will be the TV Umpire and the Fourth Umpire will be Rodney Tucker, with Richie Richardson as the match referee, at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados, which hosts the final for the second time following the 2010 final.

Play will get underway at 10h30 local time on Saturday 29 June.

Final – Match Official appointments June 29: South Africa v India (Barbados)
Referee: Richie Richardson
On-field Umpires: Christopher Gaffaney and Richard Illingworth
TV Umpire: Richard Kettleborough
Fourth Umpire: Rodney Tucker

Rahul Dravid (India Coach) pre-match Press Conference - 28th June 2024

[Reporter:]

Rahul, on this pitch, the batting of Sky and Rohit, you think that was exceptionally stood out and your thoughts on the pitch also?

[Rahul Dravid:]

Yeah, I mean, I thought it was an exceptional score for us to get to 171. There were some discussions in the group once the game started that about 150, we felt was a good fighting score and would be probably par. But just I thought the way Rohit and Surya just battled through that phase in the middle, showed exceptional skill, great ability, also understanding and reading of a situation, recognizing which bowlers to target, so we targeted the right bowlers. We knew the spin was going to be difficult but then taking down the pacers was really well done. I thought nice little cameos as well from Hardik, Jadeja, Axar really got us to that extra with what we felt was an extra 20 runs. So, yeah, it was, , it was obviously a challenging wicket, but yeah, it was, I thought, it was certainly not a 103 wicket, it was a 150 kind of wicket.

Within a year, the Indian team has reached the WTC final, One day WC final and the T20 WC final. What is the reason for this? Do you think you will win the final?

Yes of course - I think it's good that we are consistent and playing good cricket. For many years, especially in the last year, like you said, being number one in all three formats, playing in the finals, is a good thing. It gives a lot of credit to the boys, a lot of boys who are Test cricketers, who are our one-day players and also our T20 players. So, the Indian cricket has shown a lot of consistency and it is a very happy thing. And what you asked later, that if we play well and if we have the rub of the green, then we will win.

Coach, if you can throw light on the mental preparation ahead of the final. Obviously, the team has all bases covered, it's unbeaten like it was in the last World Cup at home. And the finals are down to, I mean, a lot mentally you've got to be stronger. So, would you be focusing on that aspect of the game?

Look I think in terms of just our preparation we've got a flight later tonight probably get back late into Barbados we've just got one day in the middle so it's unlikely we're going to be having a practice. It's just about all the guys getting into ensuring that physically, mentally, tactically we are ready for the game. Those are the things that we can control - that we are fresh, that we have looked after all our niggles if there are any, we have done all our tactical preparation and they are mentally relaxed and excited and looking forward to the game. Those are the things we can control and we will be looking to do that in the next 24 hours and try and get ourselves in the right frame of mind to be able to play that game in 36 hours’ time or 48 hours’ time.

Any lessons from the previous finals that you have played?

Nothing, I thought we were very well prepared in that final as well. I thought we were very well prepared in Ahmedabad [ODI World Cup final 2023]. We've done all the things, we've ticked all the boxes and, on the day, the other team played better and that's part of the sport. The other team that is coming there to play has also obviously reached the final, because they're a good team and they're playing very good cricket as well. So, they have as much right to win it as we do. But we hope that we will play better cricket on the day.

Playing final for India is not new, but South Africa after they started in 1991, for the first time playing final. Do you really see that that plays on the players mind or the teams mind when they are into this final now finally? Do you think that that's a little advantage to us that we are used to finals and they are new or first time there?

Not really, I mean It's not that the same players have been playing since 1991. Many players have come and gone. I don't think that really matters. I can't speak for any of them. I don't think players go in keeping the baggage of the past and what has happened in the past. So, every day is a fresh day. Players are very good at moving on from things, of recognizing things. So yes, I think just as we will move on from Ahmedabad, I'm sure they will not be thinking about history and it will be a fresh day. Two good teams, two teams I think that everyone will agree that probably the top two teams in this tournament played the best cricket I think in this tournament, both South Africa and India. So, deserving finals for both the teams and hopefully it's a great game of cricket and hopefully we fall on the right side.

Just wanted to know - you played in Saint Lucia few days back, probably had the best batting surface in the tournament, and then you go back to Barbados, which is probably in between what you fought in Saint Lucia and today. I think the experience in the group will help you tide over the challenges of working from a surface like this, a low surface in the contest.

Yeah, again, I mean, just the fact that we played a game in Barbados is nice. It's nice that we have that familiarity there of having played on that surface in the past. But again, I think it's very hard to... We're not going to get exactly the same wicket that we got last time. It can be different. And I think what's really important and I think what we've done really well as a group, I think in this whole tournament, is we have shown the ability to adapt, to recognize what is a good score. We played very differently in New York, than we played at St. Lucia. Then we played even in Barbados in the first game and I thought that the wicket was quite slow. But again, for a final, we are not really sure what we are going to come up against. And I'm just hoping that whatever we come up against, we will have the ability to recognize it and to be able to play accordingly, as we've done in the last three games. I think both Antigua and Saint Lucia were probably slightly better batting wickets than this one. But we got what we thought was a par-plus score in both those games. And here again, slightly slower, and lower. Not a bad wicket by any stretch of the imagination, but slightly slower and lower and we got a par plus score again. So, I think that should be the aim. It's not about only getting 200 here. 170 was like a 200. So, it's just about figuring out what it is. And hopefully when we get to Barbados, we'll see what it's like.

I think you're always looking to improve. And I don't think you can ever have a perfect game. Certainly, we have not had a perfect, perfect game in any game and I don't think any team really does. So, look, I mean, I think in one day it's not that, you're going to suddenly start changing things too much. So, for us really, I think now getting into this final, it's just about staying relaxed, about trusting the good cricket that we've played about recognizing I think that we found ourselves in pressure situations right through this tournament but we've always found players and people to come up and deliver the goods. Also just recognizing that we've got a really good balance in the team, we've got the players and just for us to, like I answered earlier, maybe just come there really well prepared, do all the things that we can do, control all the controllables, do everything that we need to do and then just go out and play hopefully a great game of cricket.

Chris Gayle: the Men’s T20 World Cup final is one to savour

We are at the end of what has been a brilliant ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 – and we have a final fit for the occasion.

India and South Africa have both played excellent cricket and really deserve their place in Barbados this weekend. It is going to be so hard to call – with two teams who have played clean and aggressive cricket throughout the tournament.

India are going to be so hard to beat. They bat so deep and in Jasprit Bumrah, have a world-class death bowler who can break the hearts of the opponents. In contrast, I picked South Africa as a dark horse before the tournament began, and it is very special to see them finally reach their first final after so many semi-final upsets.

Getting over the hump and winning a World Cup is so special and if they can do it, it will create memories that will last a lifetime for the players and the nation.

I have won the T20 World Cup on two occasions, and they are among the most special experiences I have in life – let alone cricket.

I have so many treasured items from my career but my two rings for winning World Cups are the standouts. They are like Super Bowl rings, almost physical proof that you have climbed to the top of the mountain and become champions of the world.

When she’s older, I will give both of my rings – for being part of the West Indies sides that won the T20 World Cups in 2012 and 2016 – to my daughter and I can’t wait for that moment.

I will tell her to keep one, and then pass the other one down to my future grandchildren, and I’m so proud to keep them in our family for generations.

Barbados is going to be at its regal best for the final and the build-up to the match has brought back so many memories of our special day in 2012. But before I get to that, it’s worth pointing out that it’s the journey to get to a final that truly forms a team and their identity.

We played New Zealand in the final match of the Super 8s, and it went down to a Super Over – with the winner going through to the semi-final. I knew I had to be brave when I went out to bat, and I was lucky enough to thrive in situations where the pressure was most intense.

I smacked the first ball for six, and in that moment I knew we’d go on, win the match and the tournament.

We played against Sri Lanka, the host nation, in the final and we really struggled. But Marlon Samuels played one of the innings of his life and we posted an okay total on a low-scoring pitch. Our bowlers then did the rest.

When that final Sri Lankan wicket fell, and it was an indescribable moment. At first, I think I felt relief more than anything and then just pure joy. I didn’t actually sleep that night, I think I was up for 24 hours after winning it. We went for a photoshoot the next morning and I don’t think I want to see the pictures! We were so tired but so content with life at the same time.

I had a good tournament in 2012 and finished as the fourth-highest run-scorer in six innings.

Four years on, we were lucky enough to do it again and Carlos Brathwaite played that remarkable innings against England. Remember the name? In so many ways, it was more phenomenal to win it again – but I think experience counts for so much in finals. It’s why India will be so confident on Sunday.

Whoever comes out on top, they will join a select group of people who can call themselves a Men’s T20 World Cup champion. I promise the winners, it’s the most amazing feeling in the world.

Everybody that plays for SA plays on merit. Not the same case with India. At some point I expected that to hurt India. Few individuals managed to mask it. Hope india gets away with blunders one more time

Logically, India appears to be the clear favorites.

Throughout the tournament, South Africa's batting has struggled to perform consistently, relying heavily on their bowlers to secure victories. Klaasen and Miller have been pivotal, with occasional star performances from QDK. In contrast, India has shown balanced strength in both bowling and batting, with only a slight dip noted in the Pakistan game.

In a notable past encounter, Indian bowlers restricted South Africa to a score of under 100 in the previous ODI World Cup, which could play a psychological role in this match.

If both teams maintain their current form, India seems poised to win.

For South Africa to secure victory, they must dismantle the Indian batting lineup and get revenge for their previous ODI defeat. While this strategy may seem straightforward, it aligns with their strengths and could tip the scales in their favor.

Umpires for T20 WC 2024 Final btw India & SA:

🔷Chris Gaffaney , Richard Illingworth and Richard Kettleborough (TV).

Same 3 officiated for WTC 2023 Final..!

Most 6s vs (Starc/Cummins/Hazlewood)

32 - Rohit Sharma
14 - Quinton de Kock
12 - Jos Buttler
12 - KL Rahul
11 - Virat Kohli
11 - Jonny Bairstow

ROHIT SHARMA 🔥🔥

Rohit sharma Vs South Africa

my prediction ✍️

If india bat first 167/8

South Africa 148 ao

Let’s see what happens 😝

my prediction ✍️

If india bat first 167/8

South Africa 148 ao

Let’s see what happens 😝
Historically teams batting second have won more games on that ground

But if Rohit fires big time, history wont matter

my prediction ✍️

If india bat first 167/8

South Africa 148 ao

Let’s see what happens 😝

If India score 167, they should win. Saffers are terrible at chasing.

If Saffers are to win, they either need to bat first or restrict India to 140-150.

Before the world T20, even after first few matches Rohit was considered a dead weight whose runs will be bonus. Now he is they key wicket. How times have changed. But Rohit bats in such a way that his runs are bonus. Kohli with this approach will be a sure shot failure. Pant is another under achiever in T20. It will be down to MO to put a decent score

25/6/1983
24/9/2007
2/4/2011
23/6/2013
𝟮𝟵/𝟲/𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

Dear God, Pls Make Today's Date as most Memorable one just like above....Pls No Disappointment this time

Should be, otherwise it would be a boring final
Pitch is won't matter much.

The pressure is what matters today .both team have gun bowling attack ( Both Spinners and Pacers)

Whoever handle the pressure on crunch situation eventually emerge the winner.

Both team can chokes on any surface so pitch won't matter for choking.

BTW Barbados is most batting friendly pitch currently in carribbean .

Pitch is won't matter much.

The pressure is what matters today .both team have gun bowling attack ( Both Spinners and Pacers)

Whoever handle the pressure on crunch situation eventually emerge the winner.

Both team can chokes on any surface so pitch won't matter for choking.

BTW Barbados is most batting friendly pitch currently in carribbean .
Normally the batting line up is more prone to collapse then bowling in such situations

SA needs this one more than anything in this world, even the heavens will be keeping an eye on them tomorrow (Hansie Cronje). SA has given World cricket legends and GOAT but it is the World title which they dearly miss.

Kallis Amla Smith ABDV Steyn Morkel Klusener Donald Pollock that's a pack of World class players who can walk into any side for any format in any era, yet SA never achieved anything tangible, rather to quote from Mbwanga's Commentary some years back " South Africa have suffered and suffered".

Normally the batting line up is more prone to collapse then bowling in such situations
Batting Plus fielding . South Africa were lost 2015 semifinals due to dropped catches. .

INDIA were also dropped the head catch in 2023 world cup final .

Legendary batter AB de Villiers on Friday, predicted the winner of the highly-anticipated ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 final between South Africa and India, He said:

“The moment of truth has arrived. South Africans have been waiting for 33 years to see the Proteas play in an ICC World Cup final. After so many heartbreaks, we know all about them. South Africa will play India in the T20 World Cup final in Barbados on Saturday and I am backing the Proteas to win. It will be close as we all know India are a team of superstars but I believe South Africa’s time has come,”

“This Proteas team brings power. Power at the top order with De Kock, Hendricks, and Markram, power in the middle with Miller, Klaasen, and Stubbs, and power in the pace attack of Jansen, Rabada, and Nortje. Now add the skills of Shamsi and Maharaj, and you’ve all the bases covered. Some will say that they have not produced their best cricket in the tournament so far but they have won eight from eight and that’s not bad,”

“India have their own match-winners of course and they also bring the power of more than a billion people urging them to go out there and win another World Cup. Maybe my heart is ruling my head but I just think it’s South Africa’s time,”

I wonder if South Africa will go with Shamsi or Baartman. Maharaj has to play because Kohli and Indian top order have struggled against left arm spin in the past

2023 ODI final was lost with pitch tampering and unlucky toss . Since the t20 2024 world cup is happening in Barbados, its highly likely ICC would control the pitches and would surely be a sporting wicket. Advantage India , since India won every trophy when they knocked out Aus.

2007 t20 knocked out AUS in semis and went to win the CUP
2011 ODI quarter final knocked out AUS and went to win the CUP

2023 lost to AUS in FINAL

2024 t20 knocked out AUS in super 8......may win against SA in Final ?
India knocked out Australia in 2016 too

I wonder if South Africa will go with Shamsi or Baartman. Maharaj has to play because Kohli and Indian top order have struggled against left arm spin in the past

Shamsi will get manhandled by India. I'd always play the pacer than an inaccurate spinner.

India won Against Aus and Eng only because of fearless intent of Rohit Sharma. His innings against England was crucial now that we know how pitch behaved. Tomorrow Either of Kohli And Sharma has to fire otherwise SA can have real chance. It could be last limited over Game for these two legends. who knows

I read in an interesting NDTV article (Not posting it because its written in Hindi) that whenever Richard Kettleborough is involved in umpiring pannel in India knock out matches, India has lost.

2014 WT20 Final- Field Umpire
2015 CWC Semifinal - Field Umpire
2016 WT20 Semifinal - Field Umpire
2017 CT Final - Field Umpire
2019 CWC Semifinal - Field Umpire
2021 WTC Final- TV Umpire
2023 WTC Final- Field Umpire
2023 CWC Final- Field Umpire

This time again he is TV Umpire. Seems like he is the biggest Panauti of all time for India. Can India break the Jinx this time?

@Devadwal @jnaveen1980 @Nikhil_cric @cricketjoshila @MP2011 @Ab Fan

Shamsi will get manhandled by India. I'd always play the pacer than an inaccurate spinner.
Shamsi has been quite effective snd consistent this tournament. If the pitch has turn he can be very difficult to hit on a full length

Weather prediction is 50% rain forecast…
In semis against England, weather forecast was 80% rain, but we witnesssed full game. Today also we gonna watch full match happening

India have the better left arm legspinner. But South Africa have the better left arm spinner.

Maharaj is better than Jadeja. But I'm not sure he's a lot better than Axar.

Axar has been superb throughout this tournament. Take a look at his tight lengths and line. Phenomenal accuracy in this tournament

1719577074303-articleimg.png

Axar has been superb throughout this tournament. Take a look at his tight lengths and line. Phenomenal accuracy in this tournament

View attachment 144896
You're right. Can't take anything away from Axar this tournament. He has been far more impactful. Overall though, I think Maharaj is a more complete bowler.

It will take a huge effort by SA to win against this Indian side , with three prime in form spinners

Which spin-duo is going to take control on the match day?

Lp8R6yW.jpeg
Kuldeep and Axar for me. These 2 guys have won games for their team and should be feeling confident. Even though SA spin attack is also working fine atm ut I think it is time for India to excel.

View attachment 144896

As a batsman, Jadeja is better than maharaj… maharaj has to prove hez a good batter…. Jadeja scoring at crucial times by big hits

Wow, reading Saffer fans on X are hyped. And they are super emotional about tonight as well posting pics of their greats who did not win the prize and how someone like QdK deserve to go out as winners for once.

I think I agree. 😢

Recent heartbreak no concern for Dravid as India focus on T20 World Cup final

The India coach believes losses to Australia in big finals last year will not affect how his team performs in Barbados.

Recent defeats in ICC finals will have no bearing on how India performs in the final of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup, according to head coach Rahul Dravid.

India have stumbled at the last hurdle in their two most recent appearances in ICC finals, having tasted defeat to Australia in both last year's ICC World Test Championship final in London and the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup final in Ahmedabad.

But Dravid believes this will have no impact on the fortunes of India in the one-off contest against South Africa in Barbados on Saturday as the Asian side attempt to claim their second T20 World Cup title after they tasted success in the inaugural tournament back in 2007.

"I don't think players go in keeping the baggage of the past and what has happened in the past, so every day is a fresh day," Dravid said.

"Players are very good at moving on from things, of recognising things. So yes, I think just as we will move on from Ahmedabad, I'm sure they will not be thinking about history and it will be a fresh day.

"Two good teams, two teams I think that everyone will agree that probably the top two teams in this tournament played the best cricket I think in this tournament, both South Africa and India.

"So, deserving finals for both the teams and hopefully it's a great game of cricket and hopefully we fall on the right side."

India enter the T20 World Cup decider unbeaten at the tournament, with the only game they failed to win coming against Canada in Florida when inclement weather conditions forced the clash to be abandoned.

Three victories at the tournament preceded that Canada match and four wins have come after, but Dravid thinks India have yet to produce a faultless performance at the event.

While hopeful that a perfect game will come against South Africa, Dravid is a realist and is instead focused on helping the players stay relaxed and produce close to their best in the clash.

"I think you're always looking to improve. And I don't think you can ever have a perfect game," Dravid added.

"Certainly, we have not had a perfect, perfect game in any game and I don't think any team really does.

"So, look, I mean, I think in one day it's not that, you're going to suddenly start changing things too much. So, for us really, I think now getting into this final, it's just about staying relaxed, about trusting the good cricket that we've played about recognising I think that we found ourselves in pressure situations right through this tournament but we've always found players and people to come up and deliver the goods.

"Also just recognising that we've got a really good balance in the team, we've got the players and just for us to, like I answered earlier, maybe just come there really well prepared, do all the things that we can do, control all the controllables, do everything that we need to do and then just go out and play hopefully a great game of cricket."

ICC

Back