India (176/7) crowned champions of ICC T20 World Cup 2024 after a 7 runs victory against South Africa (169/8)

If surya play 30 balls the. We have good chance of winning .

Boundaries are shorts where he like to play his shots

As per weather reports 80% prediction of rains …. Now after looking bright sunny day, Some posters now thinking “Is BCCI controlling the rain”?

And I never understood this happiness you get by riding your hopes and dreams on the shoulders of others.
Grow up and own your destiny. Like India is doing.
Lol my team was finalist in the 2022 edition and your team reached this time.
Lol what Destiny your team has made by not winning any icc trophy for 11 years. Keep it to yourself.

Very good toss to win for India. Saffers are terrible at chasing. Let's see what happens.

Rohit Sharma: We're going to bat first, looks a good pitch. We've played one game here, the scores have been really good. Just about understanding indivdual roles, I know it's a big occassion but it's important to remain calm and play it like it's another international game against a good team. South Africa have been some good cricket but so have we. It's going to be a really good game between two quality teams. Different individuals have stepped up at different times and that's what we're looking forward to today as well.

Congratulations to Indians for winning the title after 11 long years.
Just don't celebrate too hard. Haha
Time to log off

Aiden Markram: Would've batted first as well, looks dry. At times we haven't been at our best but we've still managed to win and we take confidence from that.

Some reports say that Pitch has been changed and it's totally a pitch for spin bowling attack.
RIP cricket tonight.
Barbados, St Lucia and Antigua are usually the quickest and bounciest pitches in the region. Should be the reverse of Guyana which has produced slow, low mudbeds for years.

Pace has a better record than spin in Barbados but good spinners always have a role in T20. It's the most balanced venue in the WI and hopefully will see a cracking final.

Toss Update:

India have won the toss and have opted to bat

South Africa (Playing XI): Quinton de Kock(w), Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram(c), Tristan Stubbs, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shivam Dube, Axar Patel, Arshdeep Singh, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah

unless India collapses/bats poorly - It is india’s match to lose from here on. There is no way South Africa can chase anything over 130. Batting first has given India a big advantage. Seems like all the stars are aligning up. Pitch friendly venue against England in semis, no Australia in the finals and now batting first against a side that collapses under pressure.

Hope we C off Janssen & Rabada initially & then take on all ..need a good PP to start off ! For all U know....markram might do a Martin crowe 1992 & get Kesh Maharaj to open & trip up our guys

Apparently a dry putch that slows as the game progresses. Come On India. Get that 180

2010 World T20 final was at this ground.

Aussies scored around 145. England chased it down. This is probably a 140-160 pitch.

Advantage India. The spinners are going to enjoy bowling in the second innings. And unless South Africa don't keep India down to 140-150, I think it might be hard for them to win.

I know chasing and batting first have both been 3-3 on this ground but important to note that in two of the chasing wins the opponent was USA.

Now that they know 160+ could be a winnable.score on dry pitches, will Kohli stop playing atrocious shots? He's not out of form. Some of these strokes over mid wicket were sweetly timed. It's the shot selection that got him

Now that they know 160+ could be a winnable.score on dry pitches, will Kohli stop playing atrocious shots? He's not out of form. Some of these strokes over mid wicket were sweetly timed. It's the shot selection that got him
He has become a slogger

Markram has won Two SA20s. So he will be up for challenge. Besides all these guys know each through IPL for a long time. It is a matter of who clicks on the day of the match.
Also has an U-19 WC and a 16-0 win record as captain in World Cups

Who ever is saying India is lucky to not have AUS in final, India knocked out AUS on their way to the final . They knocked out former champions ENG. No luck here either .batting first does not guarantee anything unless IND bats well as proved in 2023 ODI final. Do not normalize or trivialize Indias journey to the final

How South Africa's pacers do in this match might seal it for them. They have performed beautifully for them all tournament. As good as Maharaj and Shamsi are, they are playing supporting roles in this bowling attack. Let's see if the pacers can step up.

Teams winning the toss have won the match in 7 out of the 8 ( and all the last 6) previous T20 World Cup finals. It is the first T20 World Cup final since 2010 that will be played in day time.

How South Africa's pacers do in this match might seal it for them. They have performed beautifully for them all tournament. As good as Maharaj and Shamsi are, they are playing supporting roles in this bowling attack. Let's see if the pacers can step up.
I think it's the opposite. Maharaj is very clever and will be the one to watch out in this game

SA pacers should enjoy this pitch.

Afhganistan scored 56 runs and gave SA some nervy moments upfront. So India shouldn't aim too high and implode.

Most ICC finals by teams:

1-Australia 12 (9 wins)
2- India 12 (4 wins)
3- England 9 (2 wins)
4- West Indies 8 (5 wins)
5- Sri Lanka 8 (2 wins)
6- Pakistan 6 (3 wins)
7- New Zealand 5 (1 win)
8- South Africa 2 (1 win)
Man Aus is beast in icc finals. I think england is the only one Who beat them after 1999

Sa vs india didn't think I'd ever see a final between these 2, I don't even know who to support lol

Man Aus is beast in icc finals. I think england is the only one Who beat them after 1999

ICC must probe Australia winning most titles after reaching finals…. Australia’s play in final is different than their play in earlier rounds…. Something fishy

Back