India [649/9d] beat West Indies [181 & 196] by an innings and 272 runs in the first Test

I have been a huge admirer of Rahul-the-batsman but his time is running out. There are 3 to 4 quality openers waiting in the wing to grab the opportunity with both hands. Rahul lacks the temperament and hunger for success with his casual approach and doesn't put a price to wicket most of the times. He's turning very unreliable these days and not looking as solid as he was during his initial phase of Test career. May it be his mental thing or his technical flaws, he needs to fix them right now or better let other youngsters take over his spot. We can't keep giving him chances just because he's TALENTED, and he's not the only TALENTED one. Period.
Another good post. It seems I wasn't the only one who thought he has got enough chances for now. He shouldn't be dropped forever but others should also get their chances especially those who are in good form. May be Rahul is out of form? May be he needs a kick on his backside? May be a season or two in county can revive his career? It's better to give him a break from test team and try some other options.

Last edited:
Rahane has also got too many chances. His place is also in danger. Has an average of 40 after 50 test matches and he was supposed to be our next wall. He is more like a 'curtain' than 'The Wall'.

Funny how we once debated whether Rahane was a better Test batsman than Kohli. How times change. Frustrating to see so many of our talented players not live up to the promise they showed initially.

Funny how we once debated whether Rahane was a better Test batsman than Kohli. How times change. Frustrating to see so many of our talented players not live up to the promise they showed initially.

That was when Rahane scored that century against England at Lords. I also really liked his inning against South Africa in the 2015 World Cup. I have never seen him like that again. He was in a AB D mode in that match.

Rahane needs to be dropped now.I will give rahul another test and the 1st test vs australia.Then drop him.For australia if rahul fails we have mayank and rohit as backup options.

Rahane has become a liability and needs to go now.Give mayank or hanuma a chance there.

That was when Rahane scored that century against England at Lords. I also really liked his inning against South Africa in the 2015 World Cup. I have never seen him like that again. He was in a AB D mode in that match.

I never really expected a lot from him in ODI cricket back then, although he was capable of doing well in that format as well. But I honestly expected a lot from him in Tests. Has been a real let down since then. Playing isolated good innings does not do it, any tom, dick, & harry can play such isolated innings. To average 41 odd after 86 innings is not what was expected from him.

India should aim to bat till about 10 overs are left for the day and try to get a couple of West Indians out.

Ashwin is now averaging less than Jadeja! His batting in tests has really gone to the pits, not even 500 runs in last 20 tests, just 1 50.

Has a good opportunity here to score some runs.

Ashwin is now averaging less than Jadeja! His batting in tests has really gone to the pits, not even 500 runs in last 20 tests, just 1 50.

Has a good opportunity here to score some runs.

I agree here. At one point of his career, he was averaging 40. Has really done downhill since then with his batting. Not like we fans care much for his batting as long as he does his job as a bowler. But still it's nice to see bowlers score runs when they have the ability to do so.

At least prepare sportive pitches. It feels as if BCCI wants the fans to forget the utter humiliation you guys faced in England, then fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least prepare sportive pitches. It feels as if BCCI wants the fans to forget the utter humiliation you guys faced in England, then fine.

Oh bhai, watch the match. Pitch has enough turn and bounce for spinners. Let WI bat at least once, before calling this one a flat pancake.

How exactly do you know it's not a sporting pitch? Has the West Indies batted yet? It's not like the West Indies have some gun bowlers and yet India has piled on the runs.

And yes, we were humiliated in England, a fact.

How exactly do you know it's not a sporting pitch? Has the West Indies batted yet? It's not like the West Indies have some gun bowlers and yet India has piled on the runs.

And yes, we were humiliated in England, a fact.

When hacks who couldn't buy a run in England score like there's no tomorrow, you know it is a flat pitch. And Rajkot I believe is one of the flattest pitches in the world. Has Rohit Sharma scored a 200 here yet?

When hacks who couldn't buy a run in England score like there's no tomorrow, you know it is a flat pitch. And Rajkot I believe is one of the flattest pitches in the world. Has Rohit Sharma scored a 200 here yet?

Could it be that plenty of players around the world are mostly good at home conditions?

Jadeja has been deprived from scoring a century here with lack of partners! This is how he is not been able to record triple century in international cricket yet :(

Good post. I said the exact same thing above that he didn't do anything in the first 4 tests. Team management showed full confidence in him and gave him 5 tests but he failed miserably. It's just that this opinion is coming from someone who doesn't like IPL so it can't be right. :inti

Don't get all sentimental with me BVB. Your opinion is wrong not because of your dislike of the IPL.

Your opinion is wrong because it's wrong!

I told you how dropping KL is not an option right now because he won't get to play Ranji. You obviously side-stepped that post because even you know you didn't have any response to it. You probably didn't even know about it.

Shaw playing his first series.
Kohli scored twice as many as the second best bat.
Jadeja averaged 99 in England, with bat.
Pujara scored a century too.

All of them have scored here. Now stop trolling and stick to your minnow Cricket. :shhh

Wow looking at Sir bat today, he might make it to certain other Asian sides on batting ability alone. Such class ! :bow:

Jaddu Ji is definitely the most colorful player in our team currently :))

On uae flat track,you lost 2-0 to srilanka
And in England you drew becoz you played only three test matches and one got washed out
Otherwise we know how your batsmen did in second and third test

Must say Jadeja’s walking around like a true royal these days. That attitude, that look, that beard. Such a turnaround from the lallooo that debuted 7-8 years ago

Don't get all sentimental with me BVB. Your opinion is wrong not because of your dislike of the IPL.

Your opinion is wrong because it's wrong!

I told you how dropping KL is not an option right now because he won't get to play Ranji. You obviously side-stepped that post because even you know you didn't have any response to it. You probably didn't even know about it.
Not sure you have the authority to decide whose opinion is right or wrong here?

And I think you should read this page again from the top and actually see I am not the only one who wants KL Rahul to be dropped from the test team. Good luck explaining your right opinion to all of them. :inti

West indies team doesnt have players it used to all faces are new so its not fair to see them as old team used to consist of players such as Smith, Bravo, Narine, Polard etc.
In my opinion they are even below that of Ireland or Hongkong

What a boring match. Can't wait for the 7th. I just hope the pitches aren't dull and boring.

Not sure you have the authority to decide whose opinion is right or wrong here?

And I think you should read this page again from the top and actually see I am not the only one who wants KL Rahul to be dropped from the test team. Good luck explaining your right opinion to all of them. :inti

I told you, didn't I?

Tell me your plan of action to bring KL back once he is dropped.

Tell me how you have planned for him to play the Ranji in India while he is in Australia & NZ.

You've made a suggestion about dropping him. You should see the plan through, right? A half-baked plan is worthless.

So tell me how you see this panning out.

I thought that was a no-ball. Little surprised to see that given out.

Yeh i too think it was not out ,surprised to see for first time india gets wickets while leg was on line ,and its not even bumrah or ashwin ,all other bowlers are getting this habit and its bad something really doubtful going on at team coaching level

I think it has something to do with bowlers getting taught to use maximum depth of the pitch and as we already saw tthis is becomig negative for indian cricket ,why cant they just bowl half meter inside the crease , pitching isnt really something that makes that much different than lineand lenght

I told you, didn't I?

Tell me your plan of action to bring KL back once he is dropped.

Tell me how you have planned for him to play the Ranji in India while he is in Australia & NZ.

You've made a suggestion about dropping him. You should see the plan through, right? A half-baked plan is worthless.

So tell me how you see this panning out.

Again you are not making any sense. Once he is dropped its his job to make a comeback just like other batsmen in the country do. Also how do you know that he will be in Aus? Have they selected the team already?

West indies team doesnt have players it used to all faces are new so its not fair to see them as old team used to consist of players such as Smith, Bravo, Narine, Polard etc.
In my opinion they are even below that of Ireland or Hongkong

The team that beat Pakistan in UAE was a lot weaker than this and didn't have those players too. The current squad is way superior and cannot be taken lightly.

- Shai Hope is one of the highest rated West Indians in Pakpassion - http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?258069-Shai-Hope-Solid-prospect-for-the-West-Indies

- While Shimron Hitmeyer was the next Brian Lara - http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?258473-Shimron-Hetmyer-The-next-Brian-Lara

But of course, now that they are playing India, they are worse than Ireland and Hong Kong. :)))

Last edited:
The team that beat Pakistan in UAE was a lot weaker than this and didn't have those players too. The current squad is way superior and cannot be taken lightly.

- Shai Hope is one of the highest rated West Indians in Pakpassion - http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?258069-Shai-Hope-Solid-prospect-for-the-West-Indies

- While Shimron Hitmeyer was the next Brian Lara - http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?258473-Shimron-Hetmyer-The-next-Brian-Lara

But of course, now that they are playing India, they are worse than Ireland and Hong Kong. :)))

When Sri Lanka was playing against India some guyz here were saying "Do runs against Sri Lanka even matters" and later the same sri lankan team smashed then left, right and center, these guyz were nowhere to be found.

When Sri Lanka was playing against India people were saying "Do runs against Sri Lanka even matters" and later the same sri lankan team smashed then left, right and center, these guyz were nowhere to be found.

Lol, yes. And South Africa was supposed to be the weakest South African side ever until they thrashed Australia a month later.

Again you are not making any sense. Once he is dropped its his job to make a comeback just like other batsmen in the country do. Also how do you know that he will be in Aus? Have they selected the team already?

Dear god..

Are you intentionally pretending not to understand?

KL Rahul is part of the Indian LOI squads. Even if he is dropped from the test squad he will be in Australia and NZ when the Ranji season starts. Ranji is from Nov 2018 to Feb 2019. India will be playing LOIs through Nov, Jan and Feb. He won't be available to play the Ranji which means he won't be able to score FC runs to be eligible for selection again, once he is dropped.

How difficult is that to understand?

Dear god..

Are you intentionally pretending not to understand?

KL Rahul is part of the Indian LOI squads. Even if he is dropped from the test squad he will be in Australia and NZ when the Ranji season starts. Ranji is from Nov 2018 to Feb 2019. India will be playing LOIs through Nov, Jan and Feb. He won't be available to play the Ranji which means he won't be able to score FC runs to be eligible for selection again, once he is dropped.

How difficult is that to understand?

Lol so is it my probelm if he won't be able to play ranji? Other players also get dropped do you show the same concern for them also? He has got enough chances. It is time to try others. You can cry all you want.

Lol so is it my probelm if he won't be able to play ranji? Other players also get dropped do you show the same concern for them also? He has got enough chances. It is time to try others. You can cry all you want.

If it's not "your problem" to find solutions, then perhaps it's also not your place to offer suggestions.

I know KL won't be dropped because thankfully, at least the selectors aren't that daft and actually have some foresight.

So you can keep complaining about how KL is still in the team. While I'll just sit back and enjoy the cricket. :)

Haha so if indian doesnt make runs in eng the so called away tours which are hardest for asian teams ,he is unworthy and eng batsmen are gr8 for scoring runs at home? Inds can score better at home but some ppls double standards never change

Talking about pitch it has stuff for bowlers its just 2nd day and as we saw earlier from bishu ball was spinning and pacers geeting little seam movement , u can clearly see how indian bowlers beat those wi batsmen for 29-3
But i know ur next excuse will be its WI ,so for that u just need to know same bowlers bowled better than pak and batted well on ur own UAE pitches

About rakot yes its known for its flat pitch but for sake of practise they did make it green top,although its nit as gr8 but still not flat at all even commentators were saying same at start of the match ,ppl judt take it for flat coz indians batted well haha

Ah damn its 32-4 i thinm they wont even last 100 runs,sad days for WI cricket i feel for them

Scary how complete India's bowling attack has been for a while now. These guys can outbowl Steyn/Rabada in SA, Broad/Anderson in England and are way ahead of anyone else in Asia.

If it's not "your problem" to find solutions, then perhaps it's also not your place to offer suggestions.

I know KL won't be dropped because thankfully, at least the selectors aren't that daft and actually have some foresight.

So you can keep complaining about how KL is still in the team. While I'll just sit back and enjoy the cricket. :)

Nobody is stopping you fron enjoying cricket but chances of Rahul providing entertainment to you are pretty slim currently.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With all due respect to West Indies Cricket but I have a question for u all...will this west Indies team qualify for Ranji quarters from the plate group? Elite se to nahin hoga &#55358;&#56784; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/INDvsWI?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#INDvsWI</a></p>— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) <a href="https://twitter.com/harbhajan_singh/status/1048157223250276352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

While i am glad Indian team is finding form after poor England series.
I do hope West Indies players score some runs on this belter of a pitch. This is just sad for the sake of test cricket.

Brilliant from India. Top bowling on a pancake wicket. Rajkot along with Nagpur I believe are the flattest wickets in India.

Atleast India can massacre teams at Home and not dropping home tests/series unlike a team with potential ATG's capatained by the second coming of IK

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With all due respect to West Indies Cricket but I have a question for u all...will this west Indies team qualify for Ranji quarters from the plate group? Elite se to nahin hoga �� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/INDvsWI?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#INDvsWI</a></p>— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) <a href="https://twitter.com/harbhajan_singh/status/1048157223250276352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Silly comment from Harbhajan as usual

Dude we just got 650 runs on board and they r finding hardtime getting to 100 ,

If u excuse its flat pitch then there is WI innings
If u excuse its rank turner there is IND innings

Its rather about india's dominance at home then ur worthless excuses

Dude we just got 650 runs on board and they r finding hardtime getting to 100 ,

If u excuse its flat pitch then there is WI innings
If u excuse its rank turner there is IND innings

Its rather about india's dominance at home then ur worthless excuses

Ah sry wrong tag haha

Its not that people just wont turn up but if WI could play like old days then ppl will sure show intrest !who will want to watch thier team always losing and performing like proper minnows ! U cant really blame fans its lack of quality coz in any case if there is quality people will start showing intrest.

From what i see , SL and WI are on way of exiting cricket world and its sad and then there bangladesh with hordz of passion but if thier team doesnt win wc or major trophies withing next 10 years im sure theyll be going out as well

Afg and ireland are doing good but its not greater than how some major countries are regressing

Cricket it surely losing here

From what i see , SL and WI are on way of exiting cricket world and its sad and then there bangladesh with hordz of passion but if thier team doesnt win wc or major trophies withing next 10 years im sure theyll be going out as well

Afg and ireland are doing good but its not greater than how some major countries are regressing

IPL is enough to keep cricket alive!

Gill looked at ease against the likes of Ngidi in IPL. He is also very good player of spin. He will be the final solution. Not a stop gap fix like Vihari or Nair.
A player who averages 59 after 64 FC games is a 'stop-gap fix' while an untested lad with barely 3 FC games under his belt who scored well in the IPL is the 'final solution'? :facepalm:

Thank heavens you are not one of the Indian selectors!

Associates have improved
The gap between them & FMs have reduced
Test cricket was never going to be global,it's just too time taking
Even Odis lasts for 7-8 hours
T20 is the the future
It attracts more people as it provides more entertainment in lesser time
And considering the fact that this format started just 15 years back,it's growing at a good pace
The Subcontinent origin people living in other nations have played a big part in improving Cricketing standards of non cricketing countries

T20 is definitely the future

No

Windies thrashed BD at home,won Tests against SL,Pak & Eng at home
Won a test in UAE & a test against Eng in Eng

They are not as bad as they have performed here

Not too long ago, Sri Lanka were as bad as Zimbabwe before they thrashed Pakistan 2-0 in UAE.

Indians make every single international team look like amateurs in Asia, there is no escaping that.

Not too long ago, Sri Lanka were as bad as Zimbabwe before they thrashed Pakistan 2-0 in UAE.

Indians make every single international team look like amateurs in Asia, there is no escaping that.

The fact is simple (or rather complicated perhaps!)... A match/series/pitch/opponent which Pakistan wins is highly competitive & challenging affair. Match/tournament/pitch/opponent which India wins is a mediocre/flat/doctor-ordered/minnow-level-opponent, and what not! Certainly Pakistan were playing Clive Loyd led WI team when they lost a test match to them recently, while India were playing the weakest ever England team on BCCI-sponsored pitches last time but still lost! Asia cup holds no significance because it is dead UAE pitch (it was alive when Younis, Misbah were around!) whereas last CT was a case of best-ever-sportive pitch hosted by ICC! In next world cup if India progresses and Pakistan regresses, you know what has to be said & understood :)

A player who averages 59 after 64 FC games is a 'stop-gap fix' while an untested lad with barely 3 FC games under his belt who scored well in the IPL is the 'final solution'? :facepalm:

Thank heavens you are not one of the Indian selectors!

While your readiness to defend all Hyderabad players is admirable , stats aren't everything . Vihari deserves his chances but it's clear that shubman gill is a couple of levels of above in terms of ability. Thank god you aren't one of the selectors :inti

Back