India (81/3) secured a comfortable 7-wicket victory against Sri Lanka (161/9) by the DLS method, winning the series 2-0 with one match to go

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The second T20I of the three-match series between India and Sri Lanka is set to take place today on Sunday in Pallekele, Kandy. Suryakumar Yadav will be leading team India, while Charith Asalanka will lead the Sri Lankan side.

Historically, India has maintained a strong upper hand in T20I encounters against Sri Lanka, securing victories in 19 out of their 29 matches.

Squads:

Sri Lanka
Squad: Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis(w), Kusal Perera, Kamindu Mendis, Charith Asalanka(c), Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Matheesha Pathirana, Asitha Fernando, Dilshan Madushanka, Avishka Fernando, Binura Fernando, Dinesh Chandimal, Dunith Wellalage, Chamindu Wickramasinghe

India Squad: Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Riyan Parag, Hardik Pandya, Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj, Washington Sundar, Sanju Samson, Khaleel Ahmed, Shivam Dube

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Rinku should get his chance with the bat tonight in the 2nd T20I.

Gambhir has made sure Gill doesn't play his regular tuk tuk game.

Kandy's weather is looking grim ahead of the second T20I between Sri Lanka and India.

1722169749641.png

Today Sri Lanka is the favorite to win
Srilanka stopped being favorites long back. They are playing qualifiers these days. Sure they can beat any side in a T20 just like how associate sides can beat a regular nation. They are never goign to be favorites

- India has a 10-2 record v Sri Lanka when chasing
- No score of 180+ has ever been chased in Pallekele
- Pathirana took 2+ wickets in five of seven Asia T20Is
- Suryakumar averages 89 against Hasaranga

SL series is always my least interesting series after Bangladesh series with India. Even Windies series is better.

SL series is always my least interesting series after Bangladesh series with India. Even Windies series is better.

LOL.

Bangladesh generally give a fight to India at home.

Bangladesh beat India 2-1 last time in the home ODI series. Also, India almost lost a Test (India won the Test by 3 wickets).

LOL.

Bangladesh beat India 2-1 last time in the home ODI series. Also, India almost lost a Test (India won the Test by 3 wickets).

Srilanka has beaten India in world cup final (world T20). What is your point. They have reached the highest number of Asia cup finals. Bangladesh has been a minnow team who continues relying on "upset wins".

Bangladesh has been a minnow team who continues relying on "upset wins".
and only on paddy fields of mirpur.They will not win against any top side on a batting wicket and pacy wickets.Even they are so scared to chase a semis spot

and only on paddy fields of mirpur.They will not win against any top side on a batting wicket and pacy wickets.Even they are so scared to chase a semis spot
SL might be down now. But they have achieved things that BD can never achieve all their life time.

LOL.

No Gill, Shami, Bumrah, Kuldeep, Pandya in that lineup against Bangladesh in ODIs.

Toss Update:

India have won the toss and have opted to field

Sri Lanka (Playing XI): Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis(w), Kusal Perera, Kamindu Mendis, Charith Asalanka(c), Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Ramesh Mendis, Maheesh Theekshana, Matheesha Pathirana, Asitha Fernando

India (Playing XI): Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Hardik Pandya, Riyan Parag, Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Arshdeep Singh, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Siraj

Last edited:
SL might be down now. But they have achieved things that BD can never achieve all their life time.
Important thing is sl are trying to improve but bd never dares to loose or learn. Ther can have matches on good wickets and learn the trade. even kishan the hack scored double century against hem on a better wicket

Important thing is sl are trying to improve but bd never dares to loose or learn. Ther can have matches on good wickets and learn the trade. even kishan the hack scored double century against hem on a better wicket

Scoring a century in a dead rubber doesn't mean much. LOL.

India lost the series 1-2.

India are not a SENA team who should have a problem with turning pitch. As a matter of fact, India themselves used to dish out dustbowl pitches.

Sanju samson need to understand that 120-130 strike innings don't fix his place in this team .

He need to play 25 ball fifty type innings to cement his place in T20 team .

190 has never been chased on this ground.

India need to restrict to at least 175 to have a chance.

Toss Update:

India have won the toss and have opted to field

Sri Lanka (Playing XI): Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis(w), Kusal Perera, Kamindu Mendis, Charith Asalanka(c), Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Ramesh Mendis, Maheesh Theekshana, Matheesha Pathirana, Asitha Fernando

India (Playing XI): Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Hardik Pandya, Riyan Parag, Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Arshdeep Singh, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Siraj
Speaking at the toss, India skipper Suryakumar Yadav confirmed that Shubman Gill will miss the second T20I match and Sanju Samson will replace him:

"We will look to bowl first. There is a bit of weather around and the wicket played better in the second innings. There are always areas to improve even when you win a game, you keep learning and you keep improving. Gill misses out as he woke up with a neck spasm, Samson comes in."

India themselves used to dish out dustbowl pitches.
Indians atleast learnt to play spin well everywhere. After such brilliant tactics for decades ,bng were chickens against spin and frozen to death in face of afg spinners loosing shamelessly. So exactly what bng learnt ?

ps : nothing just like ur analysis

Whatever they will score India will chase down .

Their only hope is chasing the target as india don't have luxury of Bumrah and Kuldeep .

Don't be very confident. Cricket is unpredictable. SL are not an associate side.

But, yeah. India are favorites definitely.

Don't be very confident. Cricket is unpredictable. SL are not an associate side.

But, yeah. India are favorites definitely.
This Indian team batting is very good .

Rinku is batting at 7 means we have enough batting depth.

Yes anyone can win T20 game on give day but between india and Rest of Asian team ,indian team most likely to win eight / nine games out of ten

Before this game India in T20Is in 2024:

Played 18
Won 16
Lost 1( that against Zimbabwe where Indian youngsters unprepared)
No result 1

80-2 : 9.3

Bishnoi takes out NIssanka and his bowling average falls below 20. Wow!

Not sure how to rate Parag's bowling. The balls that turned looked proper threatening but otherwise just about serviceable like Raina. Likely a Maxwell level bowler.

Is cricket in general benefiting from these type of series certainly not the ideal scenario

Is cricket in general benefiting from these type of series certainly not the ideal scenario
Yes. The teams get to try new players, new strategies and try new talents, test player performances at different batting and bowling positions at different stages of the game etc.

It is beneficial to the players and teams playing. :afridi

I wonder what happened in Ambani wedding. Hardik looks completely off color. :geek:

In between his looseners, Parag sends down proper wicket taking deliveries. If he can cut down on the looseners, he immediately becomes a legit bowling option who can be trusted with his quota of overs in t20 and ODIs both.

Pandya is doing silent protest by bowling wide after wide with no interest for forcing him to play this series

Pandya is doing silent protest by bowling wide after wide with no interest for forcing him to play this series
He should have been rested. He is really tired after dancing for 4 days at the Ambani wedding alongwith other side activities.

Asalanka smokes Hardik for 6

136-3 : 15.4

I think they are below par here.. Need atleast 200 to make a match of this.

STrategic wides they turned out to be....

Rinku takes a stunner and Hardik bags another one... lol

16: 139-4

Meh!

Not enough to challenge India's batting. Need 60 in last 4

Bishnoi has now taken 4 wickets in 10 balls and is now on a hattrick

17: 142-6

My interest in this game is over. Match will be one sided

:lol

This is a used pitch with grip and turn. Unless dew cooperates, it'll be a tough chase.
A lot will depend on how we do against the hard, new ball. Once the ball gets a bit old, scoring gets really tricky.

A lot will depend on how we do against the hard, new ball. Once the ball gets a bit old, scoring gets really tricky.
Yep. Bulk of scoring has to come in the first 13-14 overs. Has been the case for all 3 innings so far.

It is a bilateral. They should just express themselves. Nobody wins T20 internationals more than anyone. India is up there by a distance. Few losses don't mean much.

Samson and Pant will chase down in 17.4 overs with 2 down.

SL should win this game. Haven't watched a single ball but seems like a weary surface from the way SL innings progressed

Rain stops play. India 6/0 (0.3 overs) vs Sri Lanka (161/9) in the 2nd T20I in Pallekele

Great fight by Srilanka in 1st T20I.
Can they defend 162 to get a rare win against India?

India's updated target is 78 runs in 8 overs. Play to resume at 22:45 IST.

Every time I see Jaiswal bat, I'm convinced we're seeing an all-time great. We'll all be telling our kids about seeing him bat

Pathirana greeted with a 6️⃣

Next ball he gets his revenge...wow

Back