India renamed Mughal Garden to Amrit Udyan, BJP hails end of 'Slave Mentality'

Rajdeep

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
A day before the historic Mughal Gardens was to open to the public for the season, the Rashtrapati Bhavan announced Saturday that it was giving it “a common name” of ‘Amrit Udyan’.

Announcing that the gardens can be visited by the general public from January 31 to March 26, Deputy Press Secretary to the President Navika Gupta said, “On the occasion of the celebration of 75 years of Independence as Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the President of India has given a common name to the Rashtrapati Bhavan gardens as Amrit Udyan.”

BJP leaders welcomed the decision as “historic”, with several saying it showed that India was coming out of “slave mentality”.

Spread over 15 acres, the grounds drew their name from being laid out in the style of gardens built by the Mughals in Jammu & Kashmir, as well as around the Taj Mahal. As per the Rashtrapati Bhavan website, which describes the gardens as “the soul of the Presidential Palace”, miniature paintings of India and Persia were also an inspiration for them.

Last year, the pathway from Rashtrapati Bhavan to India Gate, which was earlier known as Rajpath, was renamed Kartavya Path. On the occasion, the Prime Minister’s Office had said: “It symbolises a shift from erstwhile Rajpath being an icon of power to Kartavya Path being an example of public ownership and empowerment.” These are “steps… in line with the Prime Minister’s second ‘Panch Pran’ for New India in Amrit Kaal: ‘remove any trace of colonial mindset’,” the statement said.

Law Minister Kiren Rijiju hailed President Droupadi Murmu for the new name for the Mughal Gardens, calling it “a powerful symbol of our nation’s progress and a reflection of a brighter future for New India”.

Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan tweeted: “This new name not only shreds yet another symbol of a colonial relic but also reflects India’s aspirations for the Amrit Kaal.”

BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra tweeted, “In order to come out of ‘slavery mentality’ in ‘Amrit Kaal’, another historic decision of Modi government.”

Union minister Meenakshi Lehi said the name change “gives a positive message, as it is the period of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav”. “We should break the fetters which remind us of slavery,” she said.

Like the erstwhile Rajpath, the Mughal Gardens were designed by Edwin Lutyens in 1917, and the first seeds planted in 1928-1929. Like the Rashtrapati Bhavan building that has two different styles of architecture, Indian and western, Lutyens brought together two different horticulture traditions for the gardens, the Mughal style and the English flower garden.

As the Rashtrapati Bhavan website says, Mughal canals, terraces and flowering shrubs are beautifully blended with European flowerbeds, lawns and private hedges in the gardens. They were originally divided into East Lawn, Central Lawn, Long Garden and Circular Garden, with former Presidents A P J Abdul Kalam and Ram Nath Kovind developing more gardens under their tenures, such as Herbal-I, Herbal-II, Tactile Garden, Bonsai Garden and Arogya Vanam. They will now collectively be called Amrit Udyan.

The Trinamool Congress and CPI criticised the move. “Who knows, they might now want to rename the Eden Gardens and call it Modi Gardens! They should focus on creating jobs, controlling inflation and protecting the precious resources of LIC and SBI,” TMC parliamentary party leader in the Rajya Sabha Derek O’Brien told news agency PTI.

https://indianexpress.com/article/c...ti-bhavan-mughal-gardens-amrit-udyan-8409710/

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting rid of slave mentality?

India is slaves to bjp nowadays and their anti muslim whims

Mughals were invadors who colonized and illegitimately ruled Indian subcontinent for centuries. So there is an attempt being made by present Indian govt to get rid of the murky past which frankly should have happened long time ago. Though changing names dosen't mean much but it is a symbolic move to give India its own identity. It is similar to how Britain was uprooting statues of racists after BLM movement.

People of India have elected BJP twice with massive mandate. In a democracy that is how you come to power, i.e by peoples vote. How is India slave of BJP?

#KuchBhi

:))

I understand the sentiment but the original design was built with a "mughal" philosophy under British rule.

I think they should have burned the garden down and started again rather than copy paste a hindu style name on a Biritsh creation celebrating Islamic culture.

Nothing to celebrate about Mughals. Killing their own brothers, father , relatives for the throne, torturing Sikh gurus, constant warfare, destruction of temples etc etc. in fact Muslims should disown such people too unless you are a direct descendant. It’s not like a Muslim cobbler was doing much better than say a Hindu upper caste accountant in the Mughal period, I don’t see why Pakistanis see a specific dynasty rule as “Muslim rule” anyway don’t want to get into that.

On topic glad we are moving on.

Can do renaming, but cant change history. Mughals are part of India just as much as any other Indian reign or rulers.

Can do renaming, but cant change history. Mughals are part of India just as much as any other Indian reign or rulers.

Your statement is 100% accurate but that doesn’t mean we have to necessarily celebrate them.

Hitler is also an undeniable part of German History too.

What’s next?
Tearing down Taj Mahal?

And then BJP and it’s members/supporters stop using water in the restroom, and just get up and walk away after doing number 2, because the practice of using water in the restroom and getting cleanliness was brought to India by Muslims?

the north of india has been colonised or occupied by various invaders for 1000 years, these names and places arent someone else's history, they are india's history.

its like someone in Britain saying we're gonna rename thames valley to thames dale cos the word valley came over with french speaking norman conquerors.

the greatest sign of insecurity of status is trying to rewrite history. its not like India was unique, lots of places around the world were colonised by either Turkic nomads or Western Europeans during that period.

Your statement is 100% accurate but that doesn’t mean we have to necessarily celebrate them.

lol, Hitler ruled for barely 11 years, Mughals ruled over some part for 300 years. you cant be serious with that comparison, lol.

If they were really able to get rid of slave mentality, they would demand the Kohinoor back which sits on His Royal Majesty's crown. Want it back Modites? Come and get it, bring your army with you.

Nothing to celebrate about Mughals. Killing their own brothers, father , relatives for the throne, torturing Sikh gurus, constant warfare, destruction of temples etc etc. in fact Muslims should disown such people too unless you are a direct descendant. It’s not like a Muslim cobbler was doing much better than say a Hindu upper caste accountant in the Mughal period, I don’t see why Pakistanis see a specific dynasty rule as “Muslim rule” anyway don’t want to get into that.

Celebrate Marathas who raped and killed over 500,000 Bengalis?

Celebrate Marathas who raped and killed over 500,000 Bengalis?

Did they rename this to Shivaji garden or Maratha Garden?

It’s just a neutral name in the colloquial language of that area that loosely translates to “beautiful garden”

Seems fair to me.

St_Paul's_Cathedral.jpg

This is St Paul's Cathedral in Kolkata.

I lay down a British challenge on behalf of His Majesty the King, touch one brick if you dare Indians.

Mughals were invadors who colonized and illegitimately ruled Indian subcontinent for centuries. So there is an attempt being made by present Indian govt to get rid of the murky past which frankly should have happened long time ago.

The British also were invaders who colonized and illegitimately ruled the India SC.

When will India ban the English language and all that is British in India, and stop begging the UK for Visas?

Or is it a case of fair and lovely?

Why will we destroy it? Did the British bring it from Britain?

It was built on Indian land using Indian resources.

You wouldn't dare even rename it never mind destroy it. It will remain St Paul's Cathedral as a permanent reminder that we British ruled supreme over India.

You wouldn't dare even rename it never mind destroy it. It will remain St Paul's Cathedral as a permanent reminder that we British ruled supreme over India.

Britain is now now ruled by an Indian PM. In 2023 the British are our subjects !

Britain is now now ruled by an Indian PM. In 2023 the British are our subjects !

Lol. Even your biggest hindutva champion on this board was wondering where he could run after Truss beat him out. Canada? Australia? US?

Anywhere but India from what I can recall.

Changing names of cities, places etc is the only thing they can show to their blind followers. According to them, this comes under development. :91: :inti

I don't know why Hindutva get so worked up over Mughal rule since Hindus were also part of Mughal framework with some rising to prominet roles.

Well maybe I can as the bhakts are quit dense.

Changing names of cities, places etc is the only thing they can show to their blind followers. According to them, this comes under development. :91: :inti

Except when it comes to changing names of their British rulers. Like Priti and Suella they know their place.

I understand the sentiment but the original design was built with a "mughal" philosophy under British rule.

I think they should have burned the garden down and started again rather than copy paste a hindu style name on a Biritsh creation celebrating Islamic culture.

Pakistan needs to rid itself of the brutal sik misls too under ranjit that devastated Muslim lands and people

Wow So now mughals are on par with the hitler now according to bjp supporters

Did they set up concentration camps? Ive heard it all now

Look at the double standards Asoka, marathas and other hindu conquerors killed millions But they are celebrated but the mughal who united most of what is india today and brought so much culture, art, cuisine are evil

Wah ji bjp wah

Look at the double standards Asoka, marathas and other hindu conquerors killed millions But they are celebrated but the mughal who united most of what is india today and brought so much culture, art, cuisine are evil

Wah ji bjp wah

Indeed. It is just Islamophobia. Nothing else.

Funny thing is they do not seem to change any British name.

Name one Hindu ruler who went to Arab Asian countries, destroyed, looted mosques and forced Muslims to convert to Hinduism.

A day before the historic Mughal Gardens was to open to the public for the season, the Rashtrapati Bhavan announced Saturday that it was giving it “a common name” of ‘Amrit Udyan’.

Announcing that the gardens can be visited by the general public from January 31 to March 26, Deputy Press Secretary to the President Navika Gupta said, “On the occasion of the celebration of 75 years of Independence as Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the President of India has given a common name to the Rashtrapati Bhavan gardens as Amrit Udyan.”

BJP leaders welcomed the decision as “historic”, with several saying it showed that India was coming out of “slave mentality”.

Spread over 15 acres, the grounds drew their name from being laid out in the style of gardens built by the Mughals in Jammu & Kashmir, as well as around the Taj Mahal. As per the Rashtrapati Bhavan website, which describes the gardens as “the soul of the Presidential Palace”, miniature paintings of India and Persia were also an inspiration for them.

Last year, the pathway from Rashtrapati Bhavan to India Gate, which was earlier known as Rajpath, was renamed Kartavya Path. On the occasion, the Prime Minister’s Office had said: “It symbolises a shift from erstwhile Rajpath being an icon of power to Kartavya Path being an example of public ownership and empowerment.” These are “steps… in line with the Prime Minister’s second ‘Panch Pran’ for New India in Amrit Kaal: ‘remove any trace of colonial mindset’,” the statement said.

Law Minister Kiren Rijiju hailed President Droupadi Murmu for the new name for the Mughal Gardens, calling it “a powerful symbol of our nation’s progress and a reflection of a brighter future for New India”.

Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan tweeted: “This new name not only shreds yet another symbol of a colonial relic but also reflects India’s aspirations for the Amrit Kaal.”

BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra tweeted, “In order to come out of ‘slavery mentality’ in ‘Amrit Kaal’, another historic decision of Modi government.”

Union minister Meenakshi Lehi said the name change “gives a positive message, as it is the period of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav”. “We should break the fetters which remind us of slavery,” she said.

Like the erstwhile Rajpath, the Mughal Gardens were designed by Edwin Lutyens in 1917, and the first seeds planted in 1928-1929. Like the Rashtrapati Bhavan building that has two different styles of architecture, Indian and western, Lutyens brought together two different horticulture traditions for the gardens, the Mughal style and the English flower garden.

As the Rashtrapati Bhavan website says, Mughal canals, terraces and flowering shrubs are beautifully blended with European flowerbeds, lawns and private hedges in the gardens. They were originally divided into East Lawn, Central Lawn, Long Garden and Circular Garden, with former Presidents A P J Abdul Kalam and Ram Nath Kovind developing more gardens under their tenures, such as Herbal-I, Herbal-II, Tactile Garden, Bonsai Garden and Arogya Vanam. They will now collectively be called Amrit Udyan.

The Trinamool Congress and CPI criticised the move. “Who knows, they might now want to rename the Eden Gardens and call it Modi Gardens! They should focus on creating jobs, controlling inflation and protecting the precious resources of LIC and SBI,” TMC parliamentary party leader in the Rajya Sabha Derek O’Brien told news agency PTI.

https://indianexpress.com/article/c...ti-bhavan-mughal-gardens-amrit-udyan-8409710/

I don't agree with this, history should remain as it is to teach and remind the future generations of their past be it good or bad... Name should not have been changed.

Indeed. Things like this only work on andhbhakts.

In any case they had to do something after they got their bums handed to them from Pathaan.

Indians change the name of a place in India, Pakistanis have a problem.

No one is stopping Pakistanis from hero worshipping a central asian or arab ruler but why do they have problems if Indians dont see these tyrants as heroes.

The irony being that Islam and the British put modern day India on the map. Without the 2, India wouldn't be the country it is recognised to be today.

No one in the history of humanity bestowed more attention on India than the Muslims and British.

India owes its existence and identity to the two.

When will India change its flag? I mean if India wants to remove all traces of Islam, lets start with the national flag of India.

Colours in India's flag:

Saffron - Hinduism
White - Christianity
Green - Islam
Blue - 24 spoke wagon Wheel - The symbol of British slavery.

Very difficult to fathom a flag with just Saffron and White colours.

When will India change its flag? I mean if India wants to remove all traces of Islam, lets start with the national flag of India.

Colours in India's flag:

Saffron - Hinduism
White - Christianity
Green - Islam

No place for Jains, Parsis, Jews and Sikhs in the flag. Such a travesty.

Colours in India's flag:

Saffron - Hinduism
White - Christianity
Green - Islam

We don't want to remove all traces of Islam. Our muslim brothers are our own people, and we will live and die together. We don't want to glorify those invaders from the past who came to loot and plunder our country. We consider them our enemies.

The irony being that Islam and the British put modern day India on the map. Without the 2, India wouldn't be the country it is recognised to be today.

No one in the history of humanity bestowed more attention on India than the Muslims and British.

Whats your opinion on the general state of India circa 700AD before Bin-Qasim ?

Yea, we need to be grateful for the Jalianwalla Bagh massacre.

Whats your opinion on the general state of India circa 700AD before Bin-Qasim ?

700 AD isn't modern India as per my point above, but the general state in 700 AD was lack of an identity and purpose, combined with a fusion of cultures. In summary, soul seeking chaos.

First of all when Britain ruled India...you were not we, you were us. Later post WW2 when German bombs damaged Britain's economy, they opened borders and took influx of immigrants to rebuild their country. That is how and when you became we. I think I have said this to you before as well. I live in Britain too and no matter how hard we both try we will never be English (Not that I aspire to be the one anyway).

Second, St Pauls Cathedral is a church. Why would they change the name of a church which is a religious place for Christians? I don't think India has changed name of any mosque as well. Renaming a public garden next to Indian parliament from tyrant invadors of the past is different to renaming a church. So your comparison is moot.

Third, changing of names etc falls under the jurisdiction of state govt. West Bengal has left leaning govt who if possible would rather change hindu/Indian names and give it a British/Mughal touch. Same is applied for the state of Kerala, Tamil Nadu etc. Modi's BJP at centre cant control changing names in individual states. Since Delhi is Union Territory which is ruled by centre, BJP has authority to change names which they see fit.

700 AD isn't modern India as per my point above, but the general state in 700 AD was lack of an identity and purpose, combined with a fusion of cultures. In summary, soul seeking chaos.

Yes I know 700AD isnt modern but thats when the first real contact with Muslims came about. Therefore the land that we call India today must have been in a pitiful state before Bin Qasim since you claim that "No one in the history of humanity bestowed more attention on India than the Muslims and British." ... right ?

Yes I know 700AD isnt modern but thats when the first real contact with Muslims came about. Therefore the land that we call India today must have been in a pitiful state before Bin Qasim since you claim that "No one in the history of humanity bestowed more attention on India than the Muslims and British." ... right ?

You got it, a pitiful state until Muslims came to contact with the land that is known as India today, gave it the much needed attention. Fast forward nearly 100s of years, and the Portuguese and British viewed India as an attractive prospect. British rule for 300 odd years was the shine of attention and TLC.

Rest is history as they say.

Trying to take credit for what the British imperalists did?

No wonder the likes of you try to take credit for what the Arabs and central asians did.

You got it, a pitiful state until Muslims came to contact with the land that is known as India today, gave it the much needed attention. Fast forward nearly 100s of years, and the Portuguese and British viewed India as an attractive prospect. British rule for 300 odd years was the shine of attention and TLC.

Awesome post.

Aint no one more loyal to Islam than the converts of the sub continent :apology

So, when are they renaming Taj Mahal to Modi Mahal?

"Purification" of India at full swing, it belongs to Hindus. Most of the Muslims in India came with Moghals and other invaders, kick them out of India. BJP's the democratically elected government and people of India voted them to do just that.

So, when are they renaming Taj Mahal to Modi Mahal?

"Purification" of India at full swing, it belongs to Hindus. Most of the Muslims in India came with Moghals and other invaders, kick them out of India. BJP's the democratically elected government and people of India voted them to do just that.

Wah ji bjp wah

Firstly Ashoka is not celebrated by everyone. He himself did a genocide of Jains and Hindus under his rule. Now coming to most Hindu Kings who are celebrated yes you are right every conqueror has blood on his hands.

However at least some of the kings who are mentioned have outstanding personal character at least as per what was documented.

They were not opium addicts and alcoholics and they certainly didn’t kill their brothers and father or destroy religious monuments . I am sure there are such cases among Hindu Kings but none are celebrated like they are your direct descendants by every Hindu.

We don't want to remove all traces of Islam. Our muslim brothers are our own people, and we will live and die together. We don't want to glorify those invaders from the past who came to loot and plunder our country. We consider them our enemies.

You are a Christian if I'm not mistaken. You are not in a position to talk about Hindutva renaming of Islamic architecture unless you can also recommend the same for your Christian churches and other buildings left by the glorious British empire.

First of all when Britain ruled India...you were not we, you were us. Later post WW2 when German bombs damaged Britain's economy, they opened borders and took influx of immigrants to rebuild their country. That is how and when you became we. I think I have said this to you before as well. I live in Britain too and no matter how hard we both try we will never be English (Not that I aspire to be the one anyway).

Second, St Pauls Cathedral is a church. Why would they change the name of a church which is a religious place for Christians? I don't think India has changed name of any mosque as well. Renaming a public garden next to Indian parliament from tyrant invadors of the past is different to renaming a church. So your comparison is moot.

Third, changing of names etc falls under the jurisdiction of state govt. West Bengal has left leaning govt who if possible would rather change hindu/Indian names and give it a British/Mughal touch. Same is applied for the state of Kerala, Tamil Nadu etc. Modi's BJP at centre cant control changing names in individual states. Since Delhi is Union Territory which is ruled by centre, BJP has authority to change names which they see fit.

"But, but but, you're NOT BRITISH!"

You do realise this just exposes your fear of the British openly? When you have the nuts to rename British architecture, including the magnificent churches left by her Majesty's kingdom, then come and talk.

You are a Christian if I'm not mistaken. You are not in a position to talk about Hindutva renaming of Islamic architecture unless you can also recommend the same for your Christian churches and other buildings left by the glorious British empire.

I'm a Christian, but I'm also an Indian.

View attachment 118498

This is St Paul's Cathedral in Kolkata.

I lay down a British challenge on behalf of His Majesty the King, touch one brick if you dare Indians.

Few of the scared Indians/Hindus bowed down to Mughals and embraced their religion and started protecting their oppressors. A few of them then went to England and now they protect majesty the king :)

Few of the scared Indians/Hindus bowed down to Mughals and embraced their religion and started protecting their oppressors. A few of them then went to England and now they protect majesty the king :)

Monarchy is dead anyways. The PM is the head of state and Pm of UK is….well let’s just say makes capt saab happy everyday when he salutes the flag.

Look at them all. "You're not British, you're not BRITISH!"

Grow some stones man. Why don't you just say to hell with you Brits, we WILL be renaming the churches as well! Does the British Raj strike fear in you even centuries later?

Muslims in India are invaders? :)))

99% of Muslims in India are locals. Overwhelming majority of them belong to backward castes and OBC. There are tons of other converts from upper caste too . Just because they have surnames like Khan, Quereshi, Ansari, Syed etc does not make them foreign. An extremely small period Muslims in India can trace their roots to Persia or Central Asia. Even they are heavily mixed.

Grow some stones man. Why don't you just say to hell with you Brits, we WILL be renaming the churches as well! Does the British Raj strike fear in you even centuries later?

Religions buildings are not public property. Parks, city names are all public property and they can be renamed. I thought you knew the difference.

Capt saab, flash news, British Raj is over in 1947 while your ancestors boat was hitting the shores of England.

India has overtaken the economy of Britain and today we are proud that the Birtish Pm in uK parliament shuts down propaganda against Indian Pm.

I think both UK and Indian have moved on to a more mature relationship with the obvious issues once in a while like with any country.

All good bro. Wake up and smell the coffee or whatever beverage is deemed alright.

Religions buildings are not public property. Parks, city names are all public property and they can be renamed. I thought you knew the difference.

I'll tell you what is not public property, it is the Kohinoor diamond which sits on the King's crown. Why don't you end the slave mentality that your BJP are talking about and come and get it? Does the British Raj still inspire fear and submission in today's India? How come you guys can rename Mughal landmarks but still defer to the Brits? Is that not the biggest indicator of slave mentality?

I'll tell you what is not public property, it is the Kohinoor diamond which sits on the King's crown. Why don't you end the slave mentality that your BJP are talking about and come and get it? Does the British Raj still inspire fear and submission in today's India? How come you guys can rename Mughal landmarks but still defer to the Brits? Is that not the biggest indicator of slave mentality?

Many street names named after Hastings,Clive etc have already been renamed to Indian freedom fighter names in many places.

Victoria terminus in Mumbai was renamed Shivaji terminus in the 90s and many such examples.

Bombay,Madras,Calcutta etc all British names have been renamed.

Where is your confusion stemming from?

Colours in India's flag:

Saffron - Hinduism
White - Christianity
Green - Islam

White represents other religions but mostly peace between the two main religions. That's one of the reasons why the RSS refused to accept the Indian flag for the longest time.

The wagon wheel is not some wheel barrow thing lol but the Ashoka Chakra from the pre-Mughal, BC emperor Ashoka :afridi1 which in turn derives from the Dharmachakra in Buddhism.

What is this Come and get it even mean? :91:

What you want India to do? Attack Britain for Kohinoor diamond? Lol.

British Raj has looted many things from India and the onus is on them to return it. How does that explain slave mentality from India? Both India and UK are soverign republic and share very good diplomatic ties. Indian govt in the past have requested the return of Kohinoor multiple times but Britain has refused. Nothing much India can do...this come and get it works in WWE but not in real world. If come and get it was so easy, India would first drag Vijay Mallya from Britain.

I still don't understand why are equating Kohinoor diamond with India changing names of a public garden in New Delhi. What is the co-relation?

White represents other religions but mostly peace between the two main religions. That's one of the reasons why the RSS refused to accept the Indian flag for the longest time.

The wagon wheel is not some wheel barrow thing lol but the Ashoka Chakra from the pre-Mughal, BC emperor Ashoka :afridi1 which in turn derives from the Dharmachakra in Buddhism.

So how did the peace go bro? The white in the flag which aparently represented peace between two religions got busted in a jiffy and that is why country got divided in 1947. As far as I know, it was not RSS that wanted a seperate country. They just said if you cant respect white i.e maintaining peaceful relationship among various religion and want to move out, the onus is not only us (hindus) to value it.

Think about it, you want to take the green out of the national flag and make a seperate country exclusively painted green. But somehow hindus have the respect the white and cant pain the entire flag Saffron. It is hypocrisy. RSS demands are not wrong at all.

Interesting. Muslims were evil invaders but the brave RSS which must have been around in those days too just sprouted out of the ground. I mean where did you all come from? The waters of the ganga? (Actually scratch that you wouldnt want to go anywhere near the waters these days)..

But since the fascists and racists want to change so much to reafirm their way how about renaming your very religion and country since we named them for you too..(the invaders that is)..

Also Pakistan should lay claim to all Muslim sites and culture in modern India since the current lot don't want it...

st

Also Pakistan should lay claim to all Muslim sites and culture in modern India since the current lot don't want it...

Yes Pakistan is the role model when it comes to cultural tourism, protecting ancient heritage and promoting tourism in general. Good idea.

Shifting goal posts.

We can rename stuff that are in India. Not things and places outside India.

Some Pakistanis are getting flustered by what India does to its places and cities. They seem to be forgetting that they were the slaves of Mughals too.

So the Muslims who came to India did so to uplift an otherwise pitiful/poor/un-civilized society that had nothing ? Please elaborate.

So the Muslims who came to India did so to uplift an otherwise pitiful/poor/un-civilized society that had nothing ? Please elaborate.

Where did I say 600 AD India has nothing? And YOU used the term pitiful, not me.

Why don't you explain why Hinduism failed to deliver anything in 600 AD India, let alone pre 1947, or pre-Islam, that lead India to be conquered not just by Islam, but by the Portuguese and British too?

The fact India was 'colonized' and 'infiltrated' for over a 1000 years, is the very reason why the incumbent RSS Hindutva government are spreading their wings, because Hinduism has NEVER governed or benefited India, until now.

Many street names named after Hastings,Clive etc have already been renamed to Indian freedom fighter names in many places.

Victoria terminus in Mumbai was renamed Shivaji terminus in the 90s and many such examples.

Bombay,Madras,Calcutta etc all British names have been renamed.

Where is your confusion stemming from?

Those were Indian cities which were already there before the Brits arrived. The Mughal gardens and architecture were laid down by the Mughals, stealing their heritage is somewhat pathetic. What next, will you be claiming that the English language which you have adopted so readily was actually Sanskrit based all along?

It's time for another educational video from the archives. This sums up Indian head in the sand attitude pretty much.

Where did I say 600 AD India has nothing? And YOU used the term pitiful, not me.

Why don't you explain why Hinduism failed to deliver anything in 600 AD India, let alone pre 1947, or pre-Islam, that lead India to be conquered not just by Islam, but by the Portuguese and British too?

The fact India was 'colonized' and 'infiltrated' for over a 1000 years, is the very reason why the incumbent RSS Hindutva government are spreading their wings, because Hinduism has NEVER governed or benefited India, until now.

Any superior military force can conquer an inferior one.

India always had people who led sedentary lives. They all had settled lives with relative peace. Most of the invading forces are coming from much harsher environments. They are more battle tested than the laid back Indians.
In case of Islam, it was religiously motivated attacks and invasions. You cannot beat an army that is afraid to die. India also had numerous small kingdoms which were easy to conquer. Their armies were too small in number to fight. Surrender was the best option.

In case of British, they were cunning and at that time, they were super power. Portuguese only conquered a small part of India. British also enjoyed more support from Indians initially as they were more secular than Portuguese who were religious zealots and committed atrocities on Indians.

Nothing to celebrate about Mughals. Killing their own brothers, father , relatives for the throne, torturing Sikh gurus, constant warfare, destruction of temples etc etc.

So these things doesnt happens under hindu kingdoms.. glad to know lol..

Politics does not know religion.

However, some posters try to glorify Mughals as though they brought civilization to the barbaric Indians. If India is so backward, why did they leave their lands and ran towards India?

I will always welcome people from other lands. But if they come to India and does not adopt local customs, they will remain invaders and foreigners.

Those were Indian cities which were already there before the Brits arrived. The Mughal gardens and architecture were laid down by the Mughals, stealing their heritage is somewhat pathetic. What next, will you be claiming that the English language which you have adopted so readily was actually Sanskrit based all along?

Ok, let’s step back a bit. For someone who seems to be so emotionally invested in the topic did you even care to read the article posted on this very thread.

Since reading they whole thing is probably excruciating let me try and make it easier for you

Excerpt from this very article

Like the erstwhile Rajpath, the Mughal Gardens were designed by Edwin Lutyens in 1917, and the first seeds planted in 1928-1929.

It’s not built by the Mughals :))

So to your first complaint: looks like Indians did name a monument/ place built by the Brits after all

To address your 2nd complaint: this was not built by the Mughals.

Can’t believe I am still trying to make a point but will try one last time

this garden was in the offices presidents residence. India has been ruled by plenty of kinds including Mughals , British and other ethnicities so I don’t see why choosing a neutral name for the garden with a colloquial word which translates to beautiful/ divine garden is really a problem?

Had this been named as Modi garden or after some other leader from the past, present or future absolutely go crazy about it.

India is a democracy and I see no harm in renaming something associated with the head of state to an apolitical name.

That’s all there is to it.

Politics does not know religion.

However, some posters try to glorify Mughals as though they brought civilization to the barbaric Indians. If India is so backward, why did they leave their lands and ran towards India?

I will always welcome people from other lands. But if they come to India and does not adopt local customs, they will remain invaders and foreigners.

From what I know, Mughals did adopt local customs, or at least the ones which were worth adopting. They weren't going to adopt widow burning obviously, but not everything will have been bad, I am sure they learned from the locals same as the locals will have learned from them.

It definitely happened under the Mughals. That’s the point.

If there are kings in Indian history of such low morality and ethics for the throne, absolutely they shouldn’t be celebrated. In fact even Ashoka is celebrated by left wing historians. Even he is mostly seen as a genocidal maniac who did a lot of destruction and probably was one of the first royals out there to use religion as a political weapon.

even in our epics which is loosely based on history the biggest villains were Ravana and Duryodhana who were by all accounts noble kings but they were immoral. Hence they become villains.

On a related note, The Pakistani leadership today is more or less reminiscent of the Mughal empire. Pakistan is not a poor country by any means if you look at its resources. Just like India it’s a more or less a very wealthy country with a lot of poor people living in it.

So either you love Zardari/ Nawaz/IK (all of them) or you can think objectively about Mughals. They were central Asians lol and didn’t look like 90% of subcontinent people. Don’t get Pakistanis love for Mughals thought. The original Mughals would look more or less like mongols. Only in sc people think they looked like Atif Aslam and Hrithik Roshan :))

Back